A TALE OF VENGEANCE

By ironlegoinaire

YURANI ALEKHYA DEVRAJ....... A name, a title and living goddess of war. Where ever she goes a faint torment o... More

PROLOGUE
NEW BEGINNING
COURT SESSION
MANTRI MANDAL
SULTAN OF KABUL
I AM WAITING TO MEET YOU
TEJAS
CONSPIRACIES IN COURT
STARTING OF BATTLE
PROTECTING THE KINGDOM
RESCUE
UNSOLVED PAST MYSTERIES
SCARS
A CASUAL STROLL
GATHERING
YOU WERE NEVER A GOOD FATHER
MEGHA
MAHA SABHA
LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG
A GLIMPSE
POISONING
SHER GHATI
RUDRADEV
BATTLEFIELD TO BLOODFIELD
AFTERMATE
KABUL
NEXT STEPS
A/N
PIRATES
CHARACTER INFO
ARRIVAL TO LECCE
WATERFALL
THE COUNTESS
CHARACTER INFO
SEASON
UNFORGETTABLE NIGHT
HEART TALK
HER DESPAIR
INNOCENT LIONESS
MINE
A TALE OF PAST
MARQUIS CARNAK DA CAMINO
TRANSITION
EPILOGUE
HEY LOVELIES
A TALE FROM THE PAGES OF PAST

A DESTROYED BALL

372 31 5
By ironlegoinaire

DANEIL RODRIGUEZ

"So you finally had the guts to show your face the mask or I should say DUKE STEVEN CECIL or I should say second PRINCE OF SICILY." I said as whispers and murmurs went off in the ball room. "Well... Well. What gave me away my friend ?" He said removing his mask. "You thought your keen interest in my voyage, attack on Ariana and pirate attack won't give you away." I said as I stepped down from the podium. "I am hurt I thought you trust me." He said mocking me. I walked towards him in a threatening manner. "Someone advised me not to trust even my own blood." I said smirking. Our footsteps echoed in the fully filled silent ballroom. Not even insects dared to move their wings as the two rivals and friends stood toe with toe with each other. "I warned you." Steven said as his sword meet Daneil's.

YURANI ALEKHYA

"Do you have a weapon ?" I asked as my eyes measuring the rivals turned friends or friends turned rivals circling each other like predators circles the prey before pouncing. Ok I had a idea that one of Daneil's friend is a mole. We expected one but not two. But again as Marquis Da Camino said Daneil did have talented people beside him otherwise we would never be able to discover this fuckers. I was at peace knowing that Daneil does know how to handle a kingdom and I won't help a kingdom that will go down the hill at slight pressure. "I do." Charlotte said bringing me out my thoughts as her hands tighten on her waist where I can see the faint outline of a small sword. "Then take care. We will meet again." I said as their clashed breaking the entire room into choes.

Raj had taken his place near Bhabhi and Masi while Elani is with Marquis Da Camino. And I don't have to worry about others. I douged the attacks coming my way but didn't engaged any of them. My sole concentration was to get my bow and arrows. Few tried to get me but I slid down the table filled with fountains of champagne and tipped it over them. The fountain made up of hundreds of crystal clear glasses went down spilling the worthless red wine and champagne spilled down the pristine dark brown and cream floor staining it. I heard a cry. The first soul of night had taken. I swiftly climbed over the balcony to the window and took my first aim as the golden chandelier hanging fallen down on the place where there is highest concentration of rebels. Effectively stoping them.

I continued to shower them with arrows as the rebels fell on after another. But one of my eye was also on Marquis and Daneil. They are fighting in their own unique style. Marquis Da Camino's efficiency with a firangi might be even more good than mine. It tore through armours like butter. He is aiming for maiming not killing. I thought as I looked at the amount of men he left behind him either unconscious or heavily bleeding. Whereas Daneil's skills with sword is unimaginative. He is blocking and attacking at the same time. I paid a little attention to his fighting style along with killing few of the rebels from my balcony. He using the sword form taught in Kamboj and mixed it with sword art of west. Which nearly made his defences impermeable and his attack more oppressive. Steven was having struggle keeping up with him.

I can see he is already to tired to keep up with Daneil's speed and strength more than fifteen minutes. I can tell he is regretting putting a fight with him. Daneil is sly. He had hidden his abilities till the correct time making others think he is a easy target which made them all come out if their burrows and attack directly into predator's cave. Eventually signing their death certificates. My last arrow pierced a chest and the last rebel fallen down clunching his chest. I looked around to find no one inside had suffered any injuries in our side. But Steven is kneeling in the ground gravelly injured. I can say Daneil didn't fought to keep him alive. Marquis Da Camino was wipping his sword clean with a handkerchief as Fredrick, Jason, and Nath are assessing the damage done. I got down from my balcony and went towards Daneil. Others had left the room. Steven looked at me grinning. He was missing one of his tooth and others are red with the blood bleeding out of his mouth.

"You won't live long after killing me. You might be a great warrior but the people supporting me are cruel." He said as I logged one my dagger in his stomach such that it only gives him pain but do no real damage. "Let me guess." I said as I croched down to his level with my dagger near his knees. "Behind this stupid farce of rebellion someone is behind the Rodriguez family and Vincenzo family. Someone who will be greatly benefited if this two perish. Aren't they ?" I asked chuckling. He looked at me in shock as I stood straight. I didn't gave him a reply as my dagger cut through his wind pipe. He fallen on he floor near my feets as he chocked on his own blood. "Then tell them I won't sit quite if you triffle with my family." I said as two of my hidden weapons flown out towards the hidden alcove in the room. Immediately two bodies fallen down and a third one leap out towards the nearest exit and vanishing into the moonless night.

"Should we catch him ?" Nathaniel asked. "Let him deliver the message he don't have long to live." Daneil said I looked at him cocking my head. "You saw me poisoning him." I asked remainding the time when I first entered the ballroom and felt the presence of those three. "I did." He said smirking. "I must work on my skills." I muttered looking at Steven's body which had stopped moving. I stabbed him in his heart just be sure he is dead. "Why stabbing him after his death ?" Marquis Da Camino asked after I put both of my daggers back into my sheath. "Just making sure. Dead remains dead." I replied making him more confused. Before we can exchange anymore words a soilder burst out of the door. "Your highness. Rebels set nearest town on fire." He said in worry.

I shared a look with Daneil and immediately sprinted out as Daneil began to give out orders. I leapt over Tejas and made our way to nearest town which will take only ten minutes ride from castle. I heard another pair of hooves as I looked beside me to find Marquis Da Camino on his white stallion. We looked at each other for couple of seconds before increasing the speed of our horses. "It will snow soon." He said his voice muffled by the intense cold winds. "This is more like a set up. They want us gone from there." I replied as he looked at me in shook. "Then why are you here ?" He asked an obvious question. "Sometimes we must stay back to learn what our enemies are thinking." I said smirking as the fire came into the view.

Red embers of fire leapt in the moonless night brightening the entire surroundings into a sick light. "My children... My children." I heard a woman cry desperately trying to shake the grip on her arms and run towards the burning house. People are desperately trying to dose the fire. Another couple of houses are on fire but looked like only this has people inside. Without hesitating for a second I ran inside my thick coat saving me from the direct impact of fire as I strained to here any whispers. I caught two children hidden below the dining table. I picked them both and hide them below my coat to protect from the hungry fire ready to consume the things coming in its way. I made outside and gave them to the two people standing there. "Bella... James.. still... Inside." I heard as I again sprint inside.

I ran towards the top landing where I found a three year girl and a seven year boy cuddling together hidden in the cupboard. "Come here." I said as I tried to take them out of the dangerous place which is more than ready to catch fire. Slowly they gave me there hand and I lifted them both out. I began to sprint outside but the wooden staircase was consumed by by the fire before as I put my foot on it. I tried to go back but center beam fallen down nearly on us. The children were lucky but I am not. I winced as the burning hot beam made a contact with my back. No wonder the coat caught fire. I ditched it and made my way towards the window and jumped out as the roof collapsed inside the house totally destroying it. I landed on my back in the stack of hay which to my surprise had not caught fire yet. I soon heard whispers and shouts as the children ran to their crying mother.

"You okay." Someone asked me as I got up to find Marquis Da Camino looking at me through his grey eyes filled with worry. He had ditched his coat as well. I can't miss up see how is blue shirt is still in pristine condition. "You just fallen from second landing." He added. "Not first time." I said as I tried to get up but sharp pain shoot up in my back which made me stumble. He immediately caught my shoulders to steady me. Seeing my trouble Tejas came and stood behind me and huffled towards Marquis Da Camino. Who backed off with his hands in surrender. "Easy there boy. I am not gonna harm your master." He said in joking tone. Tejas huffled again. "He is quite unique." He said pointing towards Tejas. "He is." I said as I took Tejas's support to stand properly. "Xavier." He said as I looked at him. "Call me Xavier. It's my first name." He said forwarding his hand. I shook it as first snow of the year fallen from the dark sky to the burning sizzling hot ember's of house which was a home sometime ago. As a eagle made his way on my shoulder. Strapped to his leg was a letter in colours of Devgiri.

MAHARAJ JAIVARDHAN

"Steven was a traitor." Nathaniel said as he explained me the events happened in ballroom as I was busy in wipping out the rebels outside in the forest. "We must leave." Duke Jason said as we stood along with other important members in meeting room. Marquis Da Camino and Alekhya had went to nearest town to rescue people from fire. "Steven and Herold use to know about all of our defence mechanisms and plans like back of their hand. If they are not the true leaders then our lives are in grave danger." He added as all the people began to ponder on it. "Ancestral fort of Rodriguez family is one of the safest bet. Constructed two centuries back it had security system no one can breach or no one knows except Rodriguez family." Daniel answered. "It's located in Da Camino territory." One of the other Marquis said. "Currently out biggest worry should be administeration of Milan and Florence. If rebel or any other country got wind that the two dukes are dead other countries will definitely make their moves on it." Count Ronald said.

All looked tense and frightened. What a bunch of cowards and willies. I thought as they all began to cut each others sentences. I was just a hair away to draw my sword out and cut few tongues to slow down the noise as Daniel's voice rang through the room. "Quiet." He said as his hand banged on the wooden table. "Provinces of Milan and Florence are already acquired by Italy before last month. I didn't executed anyone without thinking. And instead of wasting our time on the unknown wars neighbouring kingdoms are gonna attack we must first take care of our internal affairs. This meeting is adjourned and we will discuss the administration further later till that time I request please return back to your humble abodes and rebels are totally wipped out. Even though I suggest you all be little cautioned." He said as everyone calmed down all looked at him in a fear.

He showed his true self. Inside the care free and calmed demeanor I know he had hidden a cold, menacing fox who can change faces faster than a chameleons. I smirked at his transition. "Am I clear ?" He asked gritting his teeths. "Yes Your Highness." They said in union and scrambled out of their places away from the Daneil who really looked scary for them while it's totally normal for me. I had gone through this many times. "It's totally different than mom explained." He said pinching his nose as he tilted his face upwards. "You just need some practice. Further more it's new moon tonight." I said as I looked at pinch black sky covered in clouds showering the surroundings into a white blanket of cold traitorous snow which serves a amusement for rich and a curse for poor.

"Let's leave." Daneil said as I looked back to find that he had gone back to normal. He don't look threatening any longer. "Don't slip from control infront of Alekhya." I warned him as we galloped on our horses determined to make a three day journey into ten pahar as others had already left as soon as possible nearly three hours ahead of us. As I thought the sun must be picking behind the dark clouds couple of more horses joined us. Alekhya had changed her red coat for a gray cloak which is covering her top to bottom. "The snow fall is gonna increase." Someone behind her said whom I assumed Marquis Xavier Da Camino. He looked quite familiar.

"We must be past Garmois Creek before that. The snowfall will decrease by then." Daneil said as we increased our speed in V formation against the heavy winds. Feeling my horse is tired Alekhya took the lead her cloak bellowing behind her. It's was then when I noticed how tight her gloved hands are around the reins and the murderous look in her eyes. She was too close in becoming one of us. Which is not good atleast not for another couple of years. She must be in her ancestoral palace at that time amongst her own kins not with a family she doesn't know about on the soil of foreign land. But the tremendous increase in her strength is giving us enough hints that her transitions is gonna come soon and we are not ready to face that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 3.1K 33
Ivaan's eyes narrowed, looking at the kit in his hand "Perhaps, I should... just maybe.......... listen to you" he murmured, " but what can I say...
244K 11.4K 36
His aura dominated the surroundings charging it with electricity. The taut muscles, the broad shoulders,along with the dangerous stance screamed cont...
197K 6.1K 55
THE ROYAL COUPLE Meet Swasti Singh:- A Greek goddess with a unique personality, her life revolves around two things; Work and Family. A bitchy and ba...
37.7K 2.3K 72
So this is a story of the old draft of Dear destiny. It has nothing to do with the current 'DEAR DESTINY' story. This was the previous version which...