Twist of Fate | Jinkook ✔️

By halekook

Seokjin attempts to cling to the tiniest glimmer of hope that he can find after two years of experiencing a h... More

Welcome!
Characters & Summary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Five

7.5K 723 514
By halekook

A/N: This chapter was written with the last chapter, but I was not going to publish it all. So here is the rest today.

Seokjin's Pov:

When I finally got a hold of it, I discovered that its weight lived up to its appearance. I couldn't believe he really believed that my only responsibility was to sign it and then return it to him. I glanced at him without opening the folder, giving him my full attention.

"I want to express my appreciation for allowing your attorney to work on this agreement on our behalf. I will discuss it with my lawyer, and after we have completed our discussion and review, I will come back to you-"

He interrupted me and stated, "there is nothing that calls for any further review. I have provided you with information on the key details of the agreement."

Of course, he did it. "In the event that you are uninformed, Mr. Jeon, please allow me to explain. You are someone I have never met before. I have gone through a significant amount of change over the last two years. I am now having a difficult time covering all of my expenses. I don't think you can understand what it's been like to live my life because I don't think you have the ability to do so. My husband and I always intended for us to have a family, so being parents was what we had anticipated happening in the future.

If that had been the case, there are some assets that my child would have been permitted to get, which would have resulted in a life that was easier for both of us. This is not the case at this moment. My expenses will become overwhelming, and I have to find a way to pay them off. I am now jobless, and while making every attempt to find work that is a suitable fit for my talents and expertise, I have not been successful in doing so.

There has been a lot going on, and if I were to discuss it all, you would hear me till tomorrow morning. Therefore, when I say I must review this, it is because I cannot afford any more losses. I do not want to sign a document that gives you the authority to take my kid away from me in the future." I had gone beyond the bounds of what was true, but I refused to be deceived.

As he looked at me, I could not decipher the emotion on his face. It wasn't easy to discern what he was thinking, but the fact that he maintained his composure was interesting.

"Allow me to clarify, Seokjin, in case I did not make this clear. Financial worries should never emerge. Later this week, you will get a bank card to handle any upcoming bills. This card may be used for whichever purpose you need. In addition, I was hoping you could refrain from working throughout your pregnancy and until our child is a teen. I need your dedication to our child. Giving them care and raising them. This may be a huge request, but I need it. In this respect, I will ensure that your financial needs are satisfied.

Since you will be reviewing the document in detail, I should emphasize that I have encouraged you to abstain from sexual activity during your entire pregnancy."

I couldn't contain my excitement over getting the credit card and not working, but now what?

"I am sorry, Mr. Jeon, I don't think I quite understand the last part of your statement. Are you stating that you do not want me to have sex while pregnant?"

"You are right. Given that your spouse passed away not too long ago and that you are still grieving over his passing, I don't see this as a problem."

"Do not mention my husband or anything associated with him." I quickly reacted to him since he was in the wrong, not because of his bank card, but because of himself. I needed a big breath to calm myself down. "This is my body, and I determine whether or not to have sex. Not you."

"I will not budge on this issue. You are allowed to do anything you like after the birth, but not while pregnant. However, if you have sexual impulses that you cannot control on your own, I can make myself available to assist you."

"I am sorry, what?" Did he say he can make himself available?

"Mr. Jeon, I do not want to have sex with you."

"Seokjin, I don't recall saying you did, but I have presented you with the choice to do so if you cannot control your sexual urges throughout your pregnancy. Given the abundance of accessible toys, I do not see this being a problem. You may use the card I will give you to purchase whatever you like."

This man was unhinged. I can see why he was going through a divorce, and I already feel terrible for his husband since he most likely forced him to sign a prenuptial agreement.

"Jungkook, I am a firm believer in total independence. I will never give you the power to decide whether or not I will have sex or with whom I will have sex. You are going too far with that regarding my personal life.

Be thankful that I am enabling you to be a part of my child's life. I am grateful to you and your back pocket attorney for putting together this book; nevertheless, if there are any conditions that I do not agree with, I will not sign the document.

There should be no other needs other than a thank you to me for deciding to allow you to be a father in this child's life. The way I see it, you are already receiving the greatest benefit from me being pregnant and keeping the baby, and there should be no other requirements." Regardless of the amount of money he had, I would not let him exert that kind of control over me.

Was I going to be having sexual relations with someone? Probably not. Even if I tried, I couldn't think of another man besides my husband doing anything like that; nonetheless, it was not his place to decide.

"Seokjin, I am concerned that this will be an issue." He spoke forcefully, and I could see that my answer made him uneasy; as I watched him, he was smoothing out a wrinkle that didn't even exist on his impeccable suit.

"I am concerned that you are concerned about the wrong thing. How will I having sex affect our child? Wait, it doesn't because you are okay with making yourself available for me if needed. Was that a clause to have sex with me, Mr. Jeon?"

He immediately stood up, "I have no intention or desire to have sex with you. However, I do not want you engaging in sexual activities while pregnant with a strange man."

"Will you be abstaining from sex while I am pregnant?"

"Excuse me?"

"It's a question. Maybe I should have that as a requirement for you."

"If that's what it takes to get you to comply with my demand, then, by all means, go ahead and do it. My interest in sex has never been very high. There is nothing I will be missing out on." I was taken aback by how swiftly he responded.

"Probably having it with the wrong person," I mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"I said, I will review the book you have provided and share my thoughts. When can I expect to receive that card? I want to start shopping for our baby."

He stared at me, "I was informed you like to shop."

"I would presume that your attorney in your back pocket told you that," Fuck Taehyung. "I have a shopping habit; would that be a problem for you? Do you not want me to shop for our baby and myself? Do you not support this? I am confident that you do not anticipate that I will continue to be this size, and my closet does not now contain anything that will fit as I continue to expand. You might not know I have already gained ten pounds, which is a lot!" I had put on a lot of weight, and that was already one side of being pregnant that I did not like.

"It is quite fine for you to purchase whatever would put you and our child at ease. It is reasonable for me to assume that you will go out and get suitable clothing for yourself. Also, please cease showing disrespect toward my attorney. He put a lot of effort into putting together the agreement for us."

"Not for us, for you, but okay. When will I get the card?" It would not be out of the question for me to go shopping. I was in desperate need of a new wardrobe since all of my clothes were starting to feel uncomfortably snug on me.

"When you put your signature and date on the dotted line." While he was looking at me, he had a cocky grin.

It was the first time I had seen him smile. The jerk was really attractive, and I didn't like it. However, our child would be adorable, which was a positive thing.

"You said I would get the card this week. Did you lie?"

"I did not lie when I said that. I imagined the agreement would be signed and returned to me by the end of the week. Unless you have another intention."

So he was going to keep the card until I signed this book. Wow, what a jerk.

"I have a bill that needs to be paid today, Mr. Jeon."

"Signed the document then, Seokjin."

"I do not have trust in you to sign this without first reading it. If I sign this now, it will be a blind signature since I feel there are things that I won't agree with, and I don't want to do that. As a successful businessperson, I am certain that you would not sign anything that you have not first read. Is that correct?"

He sat back down and stared at me, "you are not allowed to travel outside of the country while pregnant. If you decide to date anyone, I will need to meet them to determine if they are qualified to be around my child. However, you are not allowed to date until our child is five as I want you dedicated to them and them only-"

"Excuse me?" Was he being serious?

"I am explaining the additional terms in the agreement that I have not before disclosed. This will allow you to sign and return the agreement to me today."

"This agreement is all about what you want and expect. Where does it protect me?" This man is not normal.

"That's not correct. The agreement explicitly states that you will receive twenty million dollars once our child turns twenty."

I almost fell off the sofa; I had to grip tightly to the handle. Fuck, I was going to become a millionaire. Damn, he was hitting me exactly in all the right places.

"I am interested in attempting to negotiate such terms. If I had to choose, I'd rather have part of that money when our child is born." After what was the point of making me wait?

"How much?"

"Fifty percent of it. Since there is no guarantee that I will be alive when our child is twenty." With ten million dollars, I would be able to remodel my current home. Oh my goodness, the possibilities that would be open to me! Get my parents the house of their dreams and take care of their retirement needs. They could stop working.

After a period of silence and a sigh, he spoke: "Five million after the birth. Then another five when they reach age ten, and the remainder when they reach age twenty."

I rolled my eyes; he was a bad negotiator.

"I will need some time to think about it."

"Seokjin, you are making this difficult. It does not need to be difficult. I would appreciate your cooperation and immediate signature."

"You are used to getting what you want, aren't you, Mr. Jeon?" I could tell he didn't have a lot of losses besides his marriage.

"I am," he responded confidently, which was not surprising.

"Well, you should expect that to change when dealing with me. I want half after the birth of our child. I will not budge on my demand for this."

"I have no obligation to offer you anything, Seokjin."

"Similarly, I am not required to sign this agreement, Jungkook."

"Then don't sign it!" He stood up and adjusted his suit. "I am leaving."

I stood up and smiled at him, "thanks for coming by." He was a typical businessman and probably wanted me to beg after he said that, but I wasn't going to do that. I have something he wants, not the other way around. Yes, he likely has a black card, which I would want to get, but I would have to be patient. There has never been anything I desired that I was unable to have.

He glances at me and says, "Seokjin, I need you to sign this document." It seemed as though he was attempting to force me to sign it. His eyes were captivating, but my mind was stronger unless he gave me his card instantly.

"I need you to agree to what I have asked for."

"I will not," he spoke firmly, staring right into my eyes. He was serious. Shit. Okay, let me think about this.

"I need some time to review the document." In all honesty, I wasn't going to fork out the cash to have a lawyer go over this since it was money I did not have to waste, but I was going to glance at it to make sure I wasn't signing away my life.

*****

"Key to my house? What the hell, is he nuts?" I struck out another clause as I read through the agreement and ate some grapes. He was insane. This entire agreement was me signing my rights over to some stranger, all because I have a child with them.

"He will choose the child's name. Yeah, no!" What the fuck was wrong with this man? Another strike. I will name my child, not him.

"Would prefer his child to be an only child, unless it's a girl; he will require me to give him a son as his kids should have the same parents." I am sorry, what? No, I can't read anymore. There is no way I am signing this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 3.4K 59
"Saying sorry won't fix the damage of what we did wrong, we have to take action and be sure to make things right this time". A story where the female...
27.5K 510 45
Yoongi hates you and you hate him one day you both develop feelings for each other after yoongi does something things take a good turn for your relat...
166K 11K 76
Forced apart by circumstances, tough choices and inevitable doom, Namjoon and Seokjin go their separate ways, their young love is halted, and memorie...
42.6K 1.7K 11
A story about friendship turned to hate and a love broken by betrayal.