𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐤 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬...

By AuroraEvermoore

Miyu knew she would move in with the Sakamaki brothers from a young age. Now, it's finally time. While livin... More

1: No Biting On The First Day
2: Healthy Changes
3: A Few Rules
4: Family Dinner
5: Same Mistake
6: Related
7: Hide and Seek
8: Punishment
9: Bad News
10: Moonlight
11: Turning Tables
12: Waking Up
13: A Big Softie
14: A Late Visit
15: Digging For Answers
16: Best Behavior
17: Out Of The Blue
18: Keeping A Promise
19: The Ball
20: Halfway Through
21: Familiar Face
22: Awakening
23: Family Tree
24: No Control
25: The Announcement
26: Request
27: It's An Act
28: Dominant
29: Kidnapped
30: Misunderstood
31: Homegrown
32: Homework With A Present
33: Running?
34: Back To School
35: An Angel
36: A Purified World
37: No More Sleep
38: No Damsel In Distress
39: Training
40: Light In The Darkness
41: Never This Far
42: The First Attack
43: Dark Truth
44: You Can Have It!
45: Changes
46: Innocent
47: Pushing The Limits
48: Number One
49: Sword Fight Training
50: Conflicted
51: You Need It
52: Do We Have A Deal?
53: Confined
54: Teach Me
55: Keyword Honesty
56: Who Are You?
57: How Not To Behave
58: Enough Is Enough
59: I Hate My Dreams
60: Shocking Revelation
61: Just Who Am I?
62: Not Again
63: You're Mine
64: A Make-Over
65: Golden Cage
66: Safety Isn't Everything
68: Confession
69: I'm Not A Second Choice!
70: The Change
71: I'm No Price
72: Eclipse
73: Why Did You Do It?
74: Where Is Home?
75: A Gift
76: New Girl
77: A Familiar Face

67: No Materialistic Mentality

44 2 0
By AuroraEvermoore

Staring at the starry sky, Miyu wanders back to earlier. Why did I allow him to kiss me? Why did I kiss him back? This is so messed up. Her eyes search for the moon. A new moon? That means two weeks to a full moon. Since this castle doesn't look any different from dad's it's safe to say I'm still in the demon world. Makai is the name of this world. I've read it in one of the history books. She's disrupted and turns to see a maid entering. 

The woman doesn't say anything but leaves a few boxes on a table along with a vase of flowers. After a bow, she exits the room. 

What is it this time? She unpacks the thin square box and opens it. Where she finds a beautiful jewelry set of earrings and a necklace. Are you trying something? If so, what is it? Hold on! How long am I here? Three days? Is he trying to bribe me or to sweep me off my feet by getting me presents? From another box comes a lovely long dress. A third box has matching pumps to the dress. The fourth box has a swimsuit in it. You know what, I'm not going to wear any of them. You won't be able to pay me to get close to me. I'm not a materialistic girl. She chews her cheek. Yeah, and yet I kissed him hours ago. Just what am I doing? Leaving the presents on the table, she moves back to the window. Looking outside, she lets her thoughts go. Of all the things I've done... how come I go and kiss Karl. Shu, Reiji, Yuma, and the others would turn away from me forever. Maybe after all of this, I should just live with my parents. I can't imagine they would welcome me back home. Where is home? I started living with the Sakamaki men, and I found my place there with them. 

Teleporting inside, Karl noticed his presents open on the table. 'Miyu? Is something wrong?' This is taking too long. Three days, and I barely kissed her. I need to speed things up or just resort to my normal methods? 'Did you not find my note in the flowers?' 

'No.' She answers with one answer. 

'Miyu, there is a ball in a few nights.' He tells her and clenches his hands into fists. 'It's to celebrate an engagement.' 

Who's getting married? Or are you trying to claim me by showing me off? 'I have to pass. How could you possibly guarantee my safety when so many people are coming for this engagement party?' She turns around and crosses her arms. 'And who's engagement party?' 

Ours. 'Details,' he sighs. 'You don't even know everything about Makai and all the subraces. Or the hierarchy. I know you want to learn a few things, so why not a party.' 

'Tempting but no.' She's no fool. Come on, be honest with me and I might do more for you. 'Who knows what will happen at a party. If a lot of guests are coming then it's easier for someone to kidnap me. I understand that you see a lot but you don't have eyes on the back of your head.' 

I will make you mine. But my patience is running out. Why can't I charm you? 'Fine, have it your way.' He leaves her behind and teleports to his study. 

*** 

Let me see. The Mukami kidnapped me first. Then it was Carla and Shin, followed by Kino. My father took me home in between, kidnapping me back. Kino again, and Karl after that. Miyu counts on her fingers. That's a total of six times. Still, I'm the longest here. But how can I get out of here if no one knows where I am. Not to mention, I have nowhere to go but home. "Don't I mean anything to you! Traitor!" Kanato's words haunt her. I'm so sorry, Kanato. Still, you don't know what happened before I bit Carla. You jump to conclusions without asking any questions. She bows her head and sees the garden. She saw the lovely flowers yesterday, but somehow they looked dark rather than bright. Pulling a chair closer to the window, she falls into it. I just wish I knew what is going on? Why is this happening? 

'Miyu?' He noticed the chair by the window. 

She hears his voice. I can't believe I would recognize his voice so quickly. She blows out some air. What is that you want this time? I understand that you can be charming and nice but surely that's because you want something from me. 'Why won't you just be honest with me and tell me what it is that you want?' She doesn't turn to him just yet. 

'So you are not interested to go outside and to the human world?' Karl walks over to her. It's one of the last things I'll try. 'Unless you prefer to stay indoors.' 

'You're not answering my question.' She refuses to leave her chair. Can't you just answer one lousy question? 

He shakes no with his head. Why would I answer your question if you don't answer mine? 

'I'll make this easy for you. If you ask me a question, you expect an answer, right?' She makes eye contact with him. 

'Yes...' 

'If I do something wrong, you would either punish me or lock me up in the dungeon, right?' She asks simple questions. 

He nods. 'Where is this going?' 

'No matter what I say, you do want me to be honest and answer you instead of ignoring a question?' She continues.  

Again, he agrees with a nod. 

'Then why aren't you doing the same with me?' She takes a deep breath. 'Communication comes from two sides. You cannot expect me to be honest, respectful, and open about things if you don't give that same treatment back to me. I'm here for three days now and all this time you have been nice to me and trying to charm me by giving me gifts.' She points to the table. 'I mean a jewelry set, a dress, shoes, clothes, and these bracelets. You cannot bribe me or pay all these things just to win me over. I have no materialistic mentality, Karl. I don't go shopping so easily unless I need some things. Jewelry, I couldn't care less about it. I only have these ear studs and a simple necklace.' 

His demeanor changes. 'Why is it that you women always act like spoiled little children when the presents don't live up to expectation?' 

'What expectations? I'm not delusional or that I have expectations. What you want is something that I want as well and that is respect, honesty, and communication. I believe in equal exchange. I'll do something for you if you are willing to do something in return. It's that simple.' She explains. 'So I'll ask again. What is it that you want from me?' 

'You are telling me that this is your motivation? Something that you live by?' So you have values and morals, after all. He thinks about it and makes up his mind. 'You are lucky that I need you alive. I would kill if anyone would react the way you just did.' 

She is tempted to look outside again. 'Then why do you need me alive? I'm here because you want something from me. Why are you being so vague about it? And why does it take so long?' Geez, maybe I need to give him the silent treatment like I did with Kino. Nothing is more annoying than that! 

'I understand that you don't want to go outside. You could've said no. Instead you waste my time.' He goes to the door. 'You can stay in here and cool off. I won't let you go outside unless you apologize for your behavior.' He opens the door. 

'Why would I apologize? Why is it that you fail to see that I react this way because of how you treat me? Every action has a reaction. Oh, and I never asked for presents or to be spoiled. It says more about how you view women. You don't even try to get to know me, you just assume that I'm like one of those women.' You had Cordelia, Beatrix, and Christa in the past. I'm just a puppet in your game while I don't know the game or the rules. 

'That's enough, Miyu.' He can see the fire in her eyes. 

'Is it? Is it enough that you will think about what you're doing to me? From my perspective, you are just another man who kidnapped me and locked me up. Sure, the room is fancier but it's still a prison of some sort.' She isn't done with him yet. 'And I'm here because you want something but you keep me in dark about it. Did you expect me to treat you as a hero? A knight in shining armor?' 

'Don't take me for a fool.' Karl slams the door closed. 

A fool? No, you're just like Kino. You are the king and expect everyone to bow to you, obey you, and show respect. Miyu shakes her head and sits on the chair again. 'You fail to see what this is about.' 

*** 

'Almost four days here.' Miyu hasn't forgotten the argument with Karl. Pff, I need a dork in aluminum foil who can make me laugh with a shoulder to cry on but mostly someone I can trust and who will support me. Up until now, each and every one of you proves that I cannot trust you. There is always an ulterior motive driving them. She makes herself comfortable in the chair after enjoying a bath. Almost time to go to bed. 

'Milady Miyu?' A voice carries through the door and with a knock. 

She wants to get up but changes her mind. I'm sure the door is locked. 'What is it?' 

'Can I come in?' The woman nods to a soldier. 

What is it this time? 'Yes.' 

The door opens and a maid comes inside with a bouquet of flowers. 'This is from the king.' 

'Hold it, is there a card or note?' She wants to know while getting up. Is he apologizing or what? She gets a small card. Dinner tomorrow. Don't be late. Really, just five words and no sign of an apology? Do you believe that you are always right and everyone else is wrong? And why do I see things or traits from him in Kino? Is he... a Sakamaki? Maybe? Hmm, I could go and see if he apologizes. If not, I can turn around and go back to my room. She recognizes the maid since she comes every day with food. 

❦❦ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 281 32
Book 2 in the MOON series. After discovering a part of her past, she's satisfied being with the Sakamaki's. That is until she's faced with a new chal...
29.8K 747 13
Yui's older brother Rin isn't a big church going person. His sister has no clue of his sexuality, and his beliefs. But on top of all that Rin has a h...
20.8K 339 20
Yui became a vampire and got married to Ayato and a few months later she got pregnant by Ayato. Though Yui was Ayato's bride she wasn't always happy...
297K 7.4K 54
What if another girl came to live with the Sakamaki? A girl who lived in the exact same church as Yui, but has an attitude the exact opposite of her...