A TALE OF VENGEANCE

By ironlegoinaire

YURANI ALEKHYA DEVRAJ....... A name, a title and living goddess of war. Where ever she goes a faint torment o... More

PROLOGUE
NEW BEGINNING
COURT SESSION
MANTRI MANDAL
SULTAN OF KABUL
I AM WAITING TO MEET YOU
TEJAS
CONSPIRACIES IN COURT
STARTING OF BATTLE
PROTECTING THE KINGDOM
RESCUE
UNSOLVED PAST MYSTERIES
SCARS
A CASUAL STROLL
GATHERING
YOU WERE NEVER A GOOD FATHER
MEGHA
MAHA SABHA
LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG
A GLIMPSE
POISONING
SHER GHATI
RUDRADEV
BATTLEFIELD TO BLOODFIELD
AFTERMATE
KABUL
NEXT STEPS
A/N
PIRATES
CHARACTER INFO
ARRIVAL TO LECCE
WATERFALL
THE COUNTESS
CHARACTER INFO
SEASON
UNFORGETTABLE NIGHT
HEART TALK
HER DESPAIR
INNOCENT LIONESS
MINE
A TALE OF PAST
A DESTROYED BALL
TRANSITION
EPILOGUE
HEY LOVELIES
A TALE FROM THE PAGES OF PAST

MARQUIS CARNAK DA CAMINO

380 27 2
By ironlegoinaire

YURANI ALEKHYA

I looked into the mirror as I wore the woolen mid thigh length crimson jacket over the black shirt. I looked...... Dangerous and Forbidden. I smiled looking at my reflection in silver rimmed mirror and made my way towards Daneil's room. We have a lot to discuss. "You can't go in." The soilders said blocking my entrance. "The Lord Rodriguez asked not to be disturbed." They added. I rolled my eyes. "I have important business." I said brushing them off and went inside. "Bhaiya." I said as I saw him putting on his blue cape. "Privacy." He ordered as the servants scurried out of his chambers. "Why did you call me Brother ?" He asked when all are gone.

"Our mother's are sister. So that make us cousins. Jai is your brother in law and Ariana is mine sister in law." I explained. "Oh." He said roaming the comb through his hair. "I never thought my mother had any relatives." He said. "Their story is too complicated. My mother was princess of Brahmagiri and that will make your mother one too but there is no mention of them in family archives. Hell even entire chunks of history is missing from their time. We don't even know correctly who is ruling Bhramagiri now." I replied as I sat on the recliner swinging back and forth. "We had dispatched many people to investigate. To yield no result." I added rubbing my forehead. "So that's why you came here. To know more about your mother ?" He said sitting opposite to me.

"Yes and no." I said as he asked me to explain immediately. "After dealing with the traitors I went to live in my mother's palace and there I got my hands on one of her letter which she addressed to me before dieing. She mentioned Masi and asked me to visit Lecce impersonated as a man. That's why I didn't told you my identity till now." Before I can speak further he cut in. "And my mother made you to help in stabilize the foundation of Lecce in exchange information about your mothers. Am I right ?" He asked looking as me. "Exactly." I said bending back comfortably. "Look like politics in Bharatvarsha is more headache giving than we ever thought." He said pouring two glasses of wine and handing me one. I swirled the red liquid in the crystal glass.

"In this world we can't even trust our own blood. Who knows who will betray us for what. Many kingdoms had submerged into oceans and many are burnt over night for this thirst of power." I said as I look a sip of the liquid. "What's your age by the way ? You look awefully experienced compared to your looks." He questioned me. Of course for someone who lived through lies, treachery, schemes and betrayal in two lives. I am quite experienced in politics and planning. "I turned fifteen this winter." He looked at me in astonishment. "Just six months older than Elani." He said more like stated looking out of the window. "So what is the plan ?" He asked getting up and looking at me. I felt a smirk form on my face. "A night of total fun." I said as I tipped rest of the glass and let the liquid slid down my throat.

WINTER BALL

"You look handsome Rudra." Bhabhi (Ariana) said as I walked down the stairs with Daneil and Jason. She looked almost normal along with Lady Castilla. "You look dashing than half of the men here." Elani added. "Call her Didi or Tai." Masi added as she entered the foyer with Jai and Mosa ji (uncle)(Luke Rodriguez). My gaze is strucked in him like a moth struck at candle light. He looked too handsome for his own good. He had wore a orange undershirt and blue coat. Colours of Alwar flag. My eyes didn't missed the red ring he had on his fingers. My ring. I subconscious touched the ring in my finger. "What does that mean ?" I was brought back to the world of living when Elani asked the question. "I means elder sister in Dravadian language." Daneil said as we reached the stairs.

"Don't announce us." I asked Daneil as I entered the hall with Masi and Elani. My eyes immediately searching the places my weapons are hidden. Bow and arrows in sixth window. My twin dagger in my forearms. And my black sword is strapped to my back. Hidden by my hair and high collar of coat. Jai looked at me through other side of ball room as the butler announced the entrance of King Gracio. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen." A round of applause goes up at his comment. I rolled my eyes and did a lame attempt of fake clapping. After a long speech he finally announced the marriage dates of Daneil and Ariana's marriage and publically acknowledged the formation of Italia with Daneil as the King and Ariana as the Queen. There coronation to be hold on the wedding day.

Not even one hundreth of my attention was on the speech. My entire attention was on sounds in atmosphere. My gaze snapped to Jai's when I heard a peculiar bird song. Same one used by our soilders. They are here. He looked at me assuringly and slipped out of the room unnoticed. I warned others and took my place. There main target will be Bhabhi and Bhaiya. Raj will be protecting them. Because my sword is etching to drink some blood. I looked around to find few of the familiar faces I saw in the season. "Look like young ladies still are still frightened of what happened last season." I asked to a nobel. He has brown hairs and grey eyes in his early twenties. "I didn't catch your name gentlemen." He asked shaking my hands. "Rudra Pratap." I said. "Marquis Da Camino." He said giving me a smile. "No they hadn't." He added.

"What are your thoughts on Italia Your Highness ?" He asked as I looked from my glass. "Quite a eye you got Marquis. I wish my brother had people like you beside him." I said back. Amused at his attentiveness. Only two people are able to identify me through my disguise. Duchess Amrita and Hidden Ace. Jai identified me because I didn't have my gaurds up. "Your brother does have capable people beside him but they had hidden their abilities to fool the enemies same goes for you Your Highness." He said as I took another sip of my glass. "What do you do ?" I asked keeping in mind to give him a chance to prove himself. "No position. Just normal hereditary Marquis. My mother was a spy though." He said chuckling.

"For which kingdom ?" I asked jokingly not expecting an answer. "Devgiri." He replied. I nodded. Not giving anything away. "Is she here ?" I asked giving him attention for first time. He had a mascular built but don't have any feature relating him to Devgiri. Maybe his facial structure. I thought I saw him somewhere for sometime at first glance. I control entire intelligence department but I have no idea of anyone spying in Lecce. We have a intense direct defense in East. I made a mental note to strongify our west defense as well. "She is talking with Duchess Amrita over there. Your Highness." He pointed towards there direction. I glanced at them just once memorizing the face. I will see at her after entire of this ordeal. "I assume this curtains are gonna be painted red soon." He asked pointing towards the baby blue curtains. "Crimson." I said.

"Weapon of choice." I asked him. "Firangi." (It's a type of flexible sword mainly used in Maratha Kingdom.) A unknown smile came on my face on the name of one of my favourite weapon. "Waghnakh." (Tiger claws. These are sharp pointed claws wore on each fingers. Useful in close combact.) I said smirking as the first note of songs went in the room. "How about a dance young lady ?" I asked a girl in her mid teens as I spotted two fake ladies in their highly pompous outfits oogling me from the time I stepped foot into the ballroom.  She had black eyes, black hair and about five feet four inches in height. Her yellow drees looked amazing in her. She mist not be more than thirteen or fourteen. "I accompanied my elder brother sir." She said humbly. "I just want to get away from some of the fake ladies here." I said as she burst into laughing. I said clear and loud enough for the girls behind me to listen. She took my hand and I led us to dance floor.

"You mean Lady Biona and Lady Diana." She asked still smiling. "They are eyeing me as if I am a piece of meat." I said grumpily. She laughed again. "Your name ???" I asked. "Charlotte. Charlotte Da Camino." She answered. "Marquis Da Camino's younger sister." I asked as she nodded. "Are you afraid of war and distruction ?" I asked. "No." She replied with a frown. "Blood and gore." She rolled her eyes. "Girls see blood every month." She replied without any hesitation. She is exactly like me in behaviour. No hesitation in saying something. "Well then better be prepare the blood and gore are gonna paint the walls and ceilings along with floor and furniture." I finished saying ad the door kicked open to show a masked figure. "Happy engagement Duke Rodriguez." It said in a malicing voice. "Jai Maa Tulja Bhawani." I heard Charlotte mutter under her breath.

AMRITA RODRIGUEZ

As I walked down the stairs my gaze meet with Rachana. She looked phenomenal in her red and royal blue dress. Colours of Devgiri. I let my gaze wander off. My allies acknowledged me. For world I am Former Duchess of Lecce and a sea merchant. But a part of my past is buried deep within this fake happiness. A part which still earn for my motherland. Which still want to taste the sweet water of Gangas and listen to the holy bells of Rishikesh. Which earn to see the blood of enemies torturing the poor. But that part if me is considered dead. I glared at the couple of gaurds behind me who are watching my surroundings like a hawk. I hate when this father and son duo send people to protect me. Even in my fourties I can still beat some people. They still considered me as fragile. Only if they know the monster hidding behind this fake face.

"Who is the person that came down with you Amrita ?" Rachana asked me as I am roaming aimlessly. Paying concentration on the upcoming attack. "You guess ?" I replied not wanting to reveal anything. "They are here for answers." She stated firmly. "I am buying time." I told her. "But we must open up a one point of time." She said back and we both indulged into meaningless talks as the dance started. "Is my daughter talking with all smiles and laugh with Rudra ?" Rachana asked or more like stated. I followed her line of sight to find Alekhya and Charlotte on dance floor. Getting glares from more than half of the ballroom. Not soon enough my attention was drawn at Carnak he is laughing with Elani. What the hell is going on. This both don't even see at people let alone talk and laugh.

Carnak is the only one who had not announced his support for any faction. His word will be like the final stamp on the order of Italia. He took after his father. He also never shown any interest in politics. His interest is whoring around before he married Rachana and weaponary at present. I would have loved to see his reaction when is super stern and cold son is talking and laughing with my daughter. Our families have some bad blood generations back and I hope it doesn't affect our present. That Chase Da Camino have some personal vedantta against me. His eyes hold a kind of different gurge when he look at me. If it weren't for Rachana one of us would be six feet underground. My inner trail are stopped as the door banged open and masked figure made his way inside. "Happy engagement Duke Rodriguez." It said lifting a glass of champagne.

MARQUIS CARNAK DA CAMINO

I looked up from my glass of red wine to find Rudra sweeping the dance floor with my baby doll Charlie. When I first saw him in season I understood he is a powerful warrior but meeting him in winter ball I came to know my major flaws in recognising him. His hands are roughned by battle and training. His hair hid the three claw like scars on his right eyebrow. He carry himself with a grace and regality only royalities can. His height is not much just five feet eight inches but he has a lean and muscular built. His black eyes looked as if he can stare into ones soul and rip it apart from their body. He is a royality. How much he tried to hide his aura he can't hide the cold arrogance and dominance oozing out of him.

My mind went back to the question he asked me. Forming Italia will give us unbelievable power and authority over the region and trade. Most of the aristocrats had agreed to it. Daneil and Ariana might be a bit young and unexperienced in ruling a kingdom but with people like Count Ronald and Lady Castilla backing them I doubt the armies will have any problem. I narrowed my gaze to find Duke Herold and Duke Steven. They were no where to be seen. Strange.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 396 16
. ' सर्वस्यापि भवेद्धेतुः ' 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓸𝓼𝓶𝓲𝓬 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰; 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓼 𝓻𝓪...
5.8K 621 15
She was meant to be a Princess. A Royalty. First Girl born after decades in the Family. But Ashima Rajput never knew. Living a perfectly peaceful lif...
41.2K 2.1K 20
In ancient India, a princess was born. She was trained in warfare without the knowledge of her subjects and she became a ferocious warrior. On her...
349K 19K 72
BOOK 1 OF 'The WAR of Dynasties' SERIES ✨ Princess Chandralekha was born in a royal family and was promised to the wealthiest king, but little did sh...