Bittersweet (Taekook Omegaver...

By LettyTK

After losing everything ,Jungkook thought he didn't have anything to live for.It was until he found that one... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 9
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 19
Chapter 18:
Chapter 20
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 15:

2.5K 154 19
By LettyTK

Jungkook kept a low profile for a week.He never displayed any signs of hatred or hostility towards his husband.

Jungkook and Jisoo were having breakfast while Jeha was sitting on his aunt's lap.The princess kept feeding the toddler from time to time as he no longer fed from his mother.

"Your husband is unusually late for breakfast today.Do you know what's holding him up"Jisoo asked

"I don't know Noona"his tone was offhand

"Did you two fight again?"

"We didn't have the chance to fight because we always try not to get into each other's space"the omega said

"So does that mean he is no longer coaching you in sparing and archery?"the older asked

"Frankly Hoseok is a better teacher than him.He is patient,fun and understanding.People don't give him enough credit"

"Excuse me that's my man"Jisoo was quick to say

"Nobody is taking him.Remember I'm taken too"Jungkook said with a pout.

"Are you happy Jungkook?"Jisoo asked with great feeling

Taehyung appeared in the dining hall without anyone announcing his presence.

"Good morning good people"

"Good morning oppa"

"Jungkook do I have to wait for a reply from you?"Taehyung asked fiercely

"I don't see what's good about the morning.That's why I'm not going to respond "Jungkook said ,twisting his lips ironically

Even Jisoo could agree that her brother in law was being rude and disrespectful but she said nothing of it.If Taehyung didn't mind Jungkook talking to him that way then who was she to butt in.It was their personal matter after all.

"Fair enough."Taehyung turned his attention to his son.

"He is already dozing off first thing in the morning"Taehyung smiled fondly at his son.

"Mom used to say you did that too a lot when we were his age"Jisoo said

"I will lay him down to sleep after we finish eating"Jungkook said

From the moment Taehyung asked for his alcohol he saw that Jungkook became on edge.He tried to mask it by looking down on his lap.The alpha wondered what was going on.

As he was about to take a sip from the brass cup Jungkook came out of nowhere and snatched it from him.He threw it away and looked at his puzzled husband with a restless gaze.

"What have you done Jungkook"he demanded.

Jungkook's eyes were breaming with tears and his chest was heaving up and down very fast.He had already betrayed himself by his reaction.

"I'm sorry I wasn't thinking ...Taehyung I swear I didn't mean to hurt you.I never wanted it to happen"

Taehyung became horrified when he understood what Jungkook wanted to do to him.

"Everyone leave us "he demanded

"Brother what's going on?"The princess asked as he looked between the couple in confusion.

"Leave for now.Your brother in law will tell you once I'm done with him"he deadpan

"Okay"Jisoo whispered and then took her nephew out of the hall.The servants who were present in the room left as well.

The silence in the room was too loud.It was deafening.Jungkook wanted his husband to say something.The silence was hurting him.He wanted him to choke him or slap him ,or sentence him to death for his crime.Not the silence.

Taehyung pushed Jungkook against the wall and grabbed his jaw harshly The omega could only wince and whimper in pain.

"Look at me"he demanded fiercely."You are a coward.If you had made up your mind about killing me in the first place then you should have seen to it through the end.Why hesitate?"

Whimpering was all the omega could do.

"Ever since I was fifteen I had a little poison with my breakfast.Do you know how long it has been up to this day.Fifteen years.I have become immune to every poison out there.So it will take much more than poison to kill me"

"Please just kill me.I deserve death"Jungkook whispered

Taehyung's gaze further darkened"You don't get to detect your punishment"

Jungkook sobbed harder.It felt like an animal had sank it's claws into his heart.

"There is no way you could have done this on your own.Tell me who your acomplice is.Is it your little minion from the brothel?"Taehyung asked as he looked down on the vulnarable omega

Jungkook's eyes widened and Taehyung smiled at that.The omega had unknowningly confirmed his suspicions.

"I'm right.How predictable of you.Just watch what will become of her because of you.Only she would be stupid enough to follow your orders bindly"the older uttered in contempt.

Jungkook closed his eyes and more tears escaped from them.

"Is there anyone outside?"Taehyung called out.

Jogin  and Sehun rushed into the hall.

"Jogin please show our queen our hospitality"Taehyung said calmly

The after mentioned man's eyes widened comically"You don't mean the dungeon do you?"

"Come on.He is queen.From this point he is confined to his chambers until after a fortnight.Will you be so kind enough to escort him"Taehyung said

"Yes Sire"

"And Jungkook disobey my orders and see what happens"Taehyung said,his tone uncompromising.He meant every word that came out of his mouth.

The omega didn't dare breath a word.

"Sehun will you please go and fetch Jungkook's handmaiden.When you find her let me know"he said while looking right at Jungkook.

Jungkook just prayed that Sunhee wouldn't be harmed because of his reckless actions.He would never forgive himself for it.

When he came out there the hall everyone was looking at him.Some were even openly gossiping about him.

"Did he really do that?"one of the maids whispered

"Shame on him really.How can he do that to someone who loves him"

"Maybe he is getting revenge for his father"another one whispered."Maybe it was bound to happen"

When he arrived in his chamber he sat on his bed and curled into a ball.Finally the flood gate had opened

"What have you done Jungkook?"he berrated himself

**
Mrs Jeon barged into Jungkook's room  two hours later and found him holding his legs close to his chest.

"Mom"

Jungkook was cut midway by a sting in his cheek.He held his cheek and looked at her with a horrified expression.His mother had slapped him across the cheek for the first time in his entire existence.

"Don't you dare call me mom again because you can never be my child.You are your father's son.I'm ashamed of you.How could you"Jungkook had never seen his mother so disappointed

"What were you thinking huh.That I would come and congratulate you for a job well done.Did you want me to comfort you?"she asked with utter venom.

Jungkook sniffled and looked down.

"What on earth were you thinking.If you kill your husband do you think that your son will ever get on that throne.Before the king's body even gets cold there will be some people fighting for the throne.Jeha might even be killed.Your husband is the only one who can protect that throne for your son"

Jungkook shut his eyes and opened his mouth to speak up"I was upset because..."

"You want to know where your father's remains are.For your kind information i was the one who gave your husband the permission to have the remains moved else where"

"What?"Jungkook was stunned by the revelation

"Is that why you wanted to kill your husband right.Because of the darn remains.What will you do with them.Tell me?"she was yelling at him.

"I'm sorry..."

"Did you even know the man you wanted to throw away your life for.You don't know your father as much as you think you did.That man was horrible and discipable to his core"

"What did he do?"the omega forced himself to ask

"I will tell you when I think you are ready to hear the truth.All of it"Mrs Jeon said

"Mom please I need to know."

"I said not now"she told him sternly.

With that Mrs Jeon walked away without sparring him a second glance.

Jungkook hadn't eaten all day nor had he seen his son.At dusk Jisoo paid him a visit.She didn't look pleased with him either.

"You must be proud of yourself"the princess started,she looked at the consort in disdain.

"I didn't mean to hurt your brother.That's why  I stopped him from drinking it at the last minute"

"I'm talking about Sunhee.She got tortured and she is locked up in the dungeon as we speak.It's likely that Taehyung will have her executed just to make an example "

"No ,he can't do that.She isn't the one at fault"the omega said frantically

"You shouldn't be saying that to me.Its not like I can do anything about it.I'm not the king your husband is"Jisoo said mildly

"I will go and see him.Taehyung will understand me"Jungkook said

"Well good luck with that"Jisoo sounded unbothered

"Do you hate me now Noona?"the omega asked slowly

"Very much but I don't have any option but to put up with you.Consider our friendship over.I will treat you the way you deserve"Jisoo spat

"I understand"Jungkook nodded as more eyes escaped his eye lashes

"Don't worry about Jeha.He is in safe hands.After all he is my brother's son"

"Thank you"

"Pull another stunt like this then I will destroy you,Jeon.Queen or not"Jisoo declared.

The threat sent chills down Jungkook's spine.He hadn't meant for any of this to happen.He had never meant to see this side of his sister in law.

When Jisoo left Jungkook also left to look for Taehyung.The alpha wasn't in his chambers so he went to the throne  room.

"Just who does Jungkook think he is.If I were him I would have slit his throat there.How dare he try to kill Taehyung after what his father did.His father killed the former king and plotted a coup.What nerve"Yoongi was furious and banged the table they were sitting on .

"I think Taehyung made a grave mistake by marrying Jungkook.He endangered his own life.We could have lost him today because of that"Sehun said

"It really didn't start there .It started with Taehyung sleeping with him.He shouldn't have knocked him up.That was the route of all of his problems.What in the world was he thinking"Hoseok commented

"It wasn't his fault .His  dick got him into trouble"Jogin laughed

"Frankly I still think the late prime minister was the one who stole those firearms.I'm convinced he did it"Yoongi said

"But how come we didn't find them when we seized his household?"Sehun asked

"We did find some of them.Did you think he was plotting on overthrow Taehyung on his own.Remember he had private armies in each of the four boarders.There is no way he was able to fund them on his own.I think the those firearms are in possession of those ministers who were in cahoots with Minister Jeon."Namjoon spoke up.

"And they will use those firearms to do what Jeon intended"Yoongi said

"I don't get why Taehyung decided to let them live even though he knew they were involved"Yoongi said

"There wasn't any evidence against them.He is waiting until the chance presents itself"

"Our Kim should really be careful.On the other hand there are the mutts of cabinet and there is Jungkook who is supposed to be his source of support"Jogin said

"No matter what you say Jungkook is still our queen"Namjoon said

"That's quite unfortunate"Sehun said

"You guys are missing the point.Remember Taehyung is alive because Jungkook didn't go ahead with it.He hesitated at the last minute.He didn't actually let Taehyung drink it"the king's right hand man said

"The difference is the same to me"Yoongi shrugged

Suddenly the three men heard something falling which startled them.

"Who is there?"Jogin yelled

"It's me.The candle stand fell by accident"Jungkook said hesitantly in the dark.He didn't want to make it obvious that he had been eavesdropping on their conversation.

Namjoon's heart slammed against his chest.Jungkook was there all along and had listened to whatever they had  to say.Everything.

"You didn't burn yourself did you?"the alpha asked

"No I'm fine"he whispered

"Why are you here.You know disobeying a direct order can get you into trouble with the king"Namjoon said

"I know .I was looking for Taehyung.It's important I see him"

"He went for a walk.Go and wait for him in his chambers.I'm sure he will be back soon"Namjoon said

"Thank you hyung"Jungkook felt more miserable than he thought was possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

793K 37K 55
Kim Taehyung, True blood alpha of Silver moon pack, Many enemies and people fears him...he never showed any emotions to anyone ever. Jeon Jungkook, r...
228K 18.5K 42
"You're never 'an' alpha, you're always 'the' alpha!" All Jungkook sees, all Jungkook hears - tear down an alpha you see as an equal, bring down a tr...
65.5K 6.6K 48
[ᴀ ᴛᴀᴇᴋᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] In which Taehyung has spent his entire life in a repetitive and tedious cycle, until he suddenly stumbles upon a new face in t...
3.4M 206K 52
The love that has blossomed in Taehyung's heart since childhood for a total stranger who saved him from dying one fatal night is the sole reason for...