Heaven Can Wait [Nayeon x M R...

By vaasifir

One mission and one chance to right your wrongs. Can you do that? Just prevent that night from happening. Tha... More

I: 62 Days
II: I'm Sorry
III: Final Wish
IV: Arise
VI: Kishi
VII: Trainee
VIII: The First Incident
IX: Mr. Stalker
111: Us
X: Antihero
Announcement [Please Read]

V: Zadkiel

490 25 4
By vaasifir

(A/N: Thank you so much for 100+ reads and for almost 30 votes (: It means the world to me <3)

Y/N POV:

"Song Y/N... I don't know how or why, but you're lucky to have survived a month-long coma. It almost was like it was a miracle from God himself."

I went into shock as I heard the doctor's words. How could that be? I remembering dying in this very room and in this hospital.

The beeping heart machine.

The overwhelming pain all over my body.

The last and final kiss that Nayeon sent me off with.

I could vividly remember every detail of that night. This whole ordeal right in front of me didn't make sense at all in the slightest.

"That's impossible... I should be dead..." I muttered as I reached for my face with my shaking hands. Was I really alive again?

I could feel my face and even feel my soft breath against my skin. My unkempt bed hair softly tickled my face and that made me believe the doctor's words even more.

I really am alive... but how...?

"You're quite correct, Mr. Y/N." The doctor said as he composed himself. I could tell that he was still taken aback from my sudden awakening. He cleared his throat before he continued talking. "I don't mean it like that. As we kept track of your vital signs, your vital signs kept getting lower and lower. We thought that we'd lose you soon, but you just sprung back to life like it was nothing when your signs was at its lowest. It really was a miracle."

I was at a loss for words. How was I supposed to feel knowing that I was somehow alive even though that I knew that I had DIED from a car accident on the night of that TWICE fansign event?

Was this the doing of the voice that was talking to me inside my head? It had to be..

The room's door suddenly swung open and the door hit the wall with a loud thud. The doctor and I looked towards the direction of the sound; I was quite surprised once I saw the figures who stood at the doorway. It was my parents and they both looked around the room until they saw me sitting up in the hospital bed. My mom was slightly trembling as her eyes made contact with mine.

"M- mom..." I quietly murmured. She quickly made her way to the side of the bed, and before I knew it, she already had me in a tight hug.

The lack of air from the tight hug, my mom's incoherent whispering into me ear, the sound of my heart beating heavily. I could feel every little thing that was happening around me.

I really am alive... I'm not hallucinating...

"My baby boy... you're awake..." My mom said in between sobs. She pulled me in closer until there wasn't any space between the two of us.

"Dear, you're going to squeeze all the oxygen out his lungs." My dad jokingly said as he watched the two of us from a couple feet away.

"Shut it! Now's not the time for your jokes..." My mom said as she scolded him.

"Well..." The doctor cleared his throat. "What your husband said is partially correct... Please refrain from using excessive force ma'am. Your son may be awaken from his coma, but he's a bit fragile at the moment."

Hearing the doctor's words, mom reluctantly let go of me but she still held onto my hand tightly. I didn't want to let go either because I really wanted all of this to be real. I didn't want to wake up and realize that this was one big delusional dream.

From what the doctors told me, I was in a deep coma due to an accident that I was involved in. The doctors and nurses saw the grim results and didn't know if I'd ever wake up from the readings of my vital signs. They thought it was a miracle that I had woken up all of sudden even though I had low vital signs.

I wanted to leave this hospital already. I was already tired from all of the memories that I've made at this place. This is the place where I lost everything and everyone that I loved and cared for in just one night. And now, this was the place where I was alive once again? After going through all of this grief and terror from my death, I don't know if I should feel excited from my sudden awakening from this one-month coma.

After we got the discharge papers, my parents and I left the hospital and headed straight home. My mom had caught me up on some of the things that I had 'missed out' on. However, I really didn't learn anything new from the news that she had told me. All of the news were things that I already knew from 9 years ago. It was, as if, I really did go back in time.

I decided to ask my parents about school. If I really did go back in time, their answer would be more than suffice to confirm my suspicions.

"Hey mom, do I have to go to school?" I asked from the backseat of the car. She looked worried as she heard my question. My father held her hand as she looked at him. It seemed like they knew something that I didn't know.

What exactly happened in the time before I woke up from that coma?

============================

3rd Person POV:

"In 2 more months, you won't have to Y/N." Your mother bleakly said as she continued to stare out the window. Her grip tightened around your father's hand as her face looked distressed from your innocent question.

You were confused from what she meant. 'In 2 more months'...? Even if you had gone back to the past, you loved school so much. You always had so much fun there with your friends and Nayeon there. There was no reason that you should have to move away from it.

"But... why? I love school." You replied meekly.

Your mother's eyes saucered at your words. She turned her head to look at you. You looked down because you were embarrassed. Her eyes started to get teary-eyed as she heard you ask why. She was in disbelief from your words. It was, as if, she was betrayed to hear those last 3 words leave your lips.

"What do you mean 'why' Y/N? You going to that school is the whole reason that you were in the coma."

You stared in wide-eyed perplexity at your mother's words. You had a hard time digesting her words. It just didn't make sense.

"You still have to attend that school for only 2 more months. After that, we'll transfer you out of that school." Your mother said as she turned to look out the windshield once more.

For the rest of the drive, the car's subtle hum was the only thing that could be heard as no one dared to speak up. Once you arrived to your house, you immediately headed for your room. You slammed the door and laid on your bed with your face buried your pillow. You simply couldn't comprehend her words. As you looked up from the pillow, you looked around your room and nostalgia took over your body.

"It's just like high school..." You murmured as you peered at the posters on the walls. "I... really did come back in time..."

For the rest of the night, you only stayed in your room as you were too dazed to do anything in that situation. You only looked up to the ceiling as you wondered the same things over and over.

Why were you here?

How did you come back in time?

What happened in school that forced you to go into that coma?

All the whys, hows, weres were the only things that you could think of. In that moment, you really questioned if you actually knew your life from 9 years ago.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

You heard faint knocking coming from your door as you looked over towards it. Being too drained from trying to understand everything from today, you couldn't make your way over there to open it.

"Goodnight Y/N... I love you."

With only those 5 words, your mother left the door as fast as she came to the door. You fell asleep as you tried to make everything make sense.

.

.

.

Morning came and you woke up early to the smell of food cooking. Because you didn't eat anything last night, your stomach was growling loudly. Quickly finishing your morning routine, you headed to kitchen where you were greeted by your parents. Your parents acted like that conversation in the car never happened.

"Morning son." Your father said as he looked at today's newspaper.

"Morning." You sat at the table as your mom placed your breakfast in front of you. It was a common Korean breakfast and you just wolfed down the contents in a short amount of time. The breakfast was filling and it tasted amazing. You really did miss your mother's cooking. While you were washing your plate, your mother asked you to bring a gift for the new neighbor.

"We have a new neighbor?" You said curiously.

"I didn't know either. They had moved into that house up the street. We just saw a moving truck in the front of their house."

"Ah okay... I'll drop off the gift once I'm done with this plate."

Like you said, you grabbed the gift and left the house after you were done washing your dishes.

"Don't stay out too late!" Your mother said. To be honest, she was a bit worried since this was the first time you went out after your coma.

Following a short 5 minute walk, you arrived at your neighbor's house. You rang on the doorbell and anxiously waited for the new neighbor to come to the door. Hearing some muffled footsteps from the other side of the door, a man opened the door shortly afterwards.

The man was probably in his late 30s if you had to guess. From the looks of it, this man was almost the epitome of perfection itself. There was not an ounce of flaw to his looks.

He was quite tall, handsome, and he was in shape. He had trimmed jet-black hair with a mallen streak. His dark brown eyes pierced you with his gaze. He also sported a beautiful dark violet-colored business suit that looked like it was custom-made just for him.  The aura that he gave off was intimidating yet divine and it made you feel like you weren't worthy of looking at him eye-to-eye.

(A/N: Mallen streak is a streak of white/grey in hair)

"What can I help you with?"  asked your neighbor with his husky yet smooth voice.

"I came to drop off this gift for you... my mother told me to take this to you since you were our new neighbor."  You held out the gift to him as he gazed over the simple gift.  "Welcome to our neighborhood, sir."  You said as he carefully grabbed it from your hands. 

He ran his fingers over the intricate details of the gift and smiled.  It really was kind of your mother to do this. Even if the gift wasn't his taste, he gladly would still place it proudly in his house. Diverting his attention from the gift back to you, he invited you into his house.

"Please do come in.  It's rude of me to leave a guest at the door."  He said as he sidestepped out the doorway with one arm out in a welcoming gesture. You hesitantly nodded and took his offer as you slowly walked into his house.

Walking into the living room, it was decorated in an contemporary look. You were in awe at the simplicity of the beauty of the house.  You awkwardly sat on the couch as you waited for your neighbor to come back to the living room.

Shortly afterwards, he walked out the kitchen holding a platter with a tea kettle, matching tea cups and plates, as well as a small variety of snacks. He placed the platter on the coffee table and began to pour two cups of tea for the both of you.

"Please enjoy this for the moment. I wasn't able to prepare something better, I apologize." he said as he handed you a teacup. "Careful, the tea is very hot."

Not wanting to be a rude guest, you drank some of the tea and had a few snacks to accompany it. The tea was hot and soothing and the snacks paired well with the tea's herbal flavors. After a few minutes of complete silence, your neighbor spoke up as he watched you quietly enjoy the tea and snacks.

"Song Y/N, I told you that we'd meet soon, didn't I?" Your neighbor said. Those words sent shivers down your spine as you suddenly remembered the being that was talking to you in your conscious.

"So you're the one that..." Your words trailed off as you pointed a finger to the man. A smile formed onto his face as you were finally connecting the dots.

"Allow me to officially reintroduce myself to you, Song Y/N. I am Zadkiel. I am the archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy. I serve the one and only Father of Heaven." Zadkiel said as he pointed upwards towards the ceiling. "As angels, I can shapeshift into almost any living being that I wish to be. Right now, I took the appearance of a human."

"Prove it."

"Hm?"

"Prove that you're an angel from Heaven."

To be honest, you had a hard time believing that your neighbor was truly one of the archangels of Heaven. After all of the news that you've gotten from yesterday, what Zadkiel had told you was the final straw. You start off yesterday by realizing that you're alive again and now you're sitting in the presence of an archangel? You had too much going on for you at the moment.

Though Zadkiel was surprised from your earnest words, he proved himself nevertheless. He stood up from the couch and he advised you to take a step back. Once you were a few feet away from him, beautiful wings sprouted from Zadkiel's back. The wings were as white as the winter snow and each individual feather softly reflected the sunlight shining through the window. It was truly a beautiful sight...  You couldn't believe it. You really were in the presence of a divine being. And not just any divine being either, you were in the presence of one of the archangels.

"Now then, can I continue on?" Zadkiel asked as his wings slightly fluttered on its own. You quietly nodded as you watched the wings suddenly retract into the divine being's body.  You began to listen to what he had to say. Whatever this man had to say, you were going to try and understand everything. After all, Zadkiel is the only one fully knew the situation that you were in.

"In truth, you really have passed away from Earth. That one fact is not a mistake. As your soul was moving to purgatory, we had heard your desperate pleas in Heaven. The Heaven's stars echoed your pleas throughout Heaven for all to hear. Your prayers were so heavy with regret and sorrow that even the angels wept for the unfortunate end of your love. The Father heard your prayers and had sent me here to fulfill your wish."

"So that stupid wish was actually answered...?" You said in disbelief as you looked down to the tea cup that you were holding. You never intended the Heavens or anything to hear that wish. You only wanted to let out all of your grief before you died. Because you were dying, you knew that a second chance with Nayeon was impossible at that point.

"It's not stupid if you had wished among the stars Y/N." The angel said as he sat beside you. He put a hand on your shoulder as he tried to comfort you. "Prayers that are able to reach Heaven are proof of your devotion to your prayer's subjects."

"Even so, why were you sent to help me, out of all the angels that reside in Heaven?" You asked.

Although you knew very little about religion, you knew that archangels were essentially the most important angels in Heaven. Why would an archangel go through all of this trouble to help you? Couldn't a normal angel do what he was doing for you now?

"Didn't you hear what I said? Because the Father had personally granted your wish from the stars, he had assigned me to assist you in this dilemma. Ordinary angels can't fulfill the Father's commands like archangels can."

"So you'll help me fulfill my wish?" You asked. The angel shook his head and you looked disappointed from his answer.

"Only you can fulfill your wish. I'm just merely here to observe and guide you." He said as he took a sip of tea. It was quiet for a while as you took time to process Zadkiel's words. At this point, most of the things made sense to you as to why and how you were here. But one thing still weighed heavily on your mind.

"I understand that and all... but why am I in high school again?  And why are some events slightly different from my actual life?"

"Why that's simple. You're back in high school because that's where you first met her. By being in high school, you're given the chance to meet her again. Also, the memories made by the 'you' here are different."

"So you're saying that I'm in a different reality then?"

"That's correct."

Zadkiel's answers made sense for why you found some inconsistencies in your memory yesterday.  You weren't hallucinating or anything, you were actually in a different universe. The archangel suddenly spoke up as you were finally understanding everything.

"Now, I'll tell you how your wish can be fulfilled.  There are 2 conditions that must be met.  First, you must have Nayeon fall in love with you again. Second, prevent the 3 incidents from happening. Complete these two tasks and you'll be rewarded.  Things will be restored to the way that you wanted it to in the world that you're from."

You knew that you could easily do the first part of the condition, but the second part completely baffled you.

"W- the 3 incidents...? What are you talking about?" You genuinely had no idea what he was talking about. What were the 3 incidents that Zadkiel was speaking of? 

"These incidents may have not been remembered by you, but it was remembered by Nayeon.  She was deeply hurt by each of these incidents and these played a role in the way that things ended for you both. The 3 incidents will happen in the same order, you just need to realize when they occur."

"Fuck?  But how will I know when these 3 incidents occur?" You thought to yourself.  As much as you remembered the relationship between you and Nayeon, you couldn't think of the 3 incidents that hurt her so deeply.

"You'll just know whenever it does happen."  Zadkiel casually said. "Don't cuss when you're in my presence.  That's very sinful in my eyes." 

You were a bit freaked out because he had read your mind.  You couldn't believe it.  Just how powerful was the being sitting right beside you?!

As he finished his tea, he spoke up once again. 

"There are 2 cardinal rules that you should understand and follow while you're in this world.  Rule #1: The Nayeon in this world won't remember the memories that you've done with the Nayeon that you've met. Don't be mislead by the memories of your previous life and don't let it influence your choices.  Rule #2: This world may feel and look the same as the one you lived in, but not all aspects are the same.  Just like your school life here, this life is full of inconsistencies compared to your real life.  You must keep these two rules in mind Y/N.  Without these rules, you may lose yourself and your sense of direction here."

Zadkiel was quite serious when he said those warning words.  Throughout history, he's helped a few other humans that had wished among the stars like you.  As they were nearly done with fulfilling their wish, they had lost themselves as their line between reality and delusion were blended together.  He didn't want the same to happen to you.  He knew how mad people had become because of their lost sense of direction.

"Ne, ne I get it."  You slowly got up from the couch as you looked at the divine being.  "Zadkiel, I think I've extended my stay here long enough.  I'll be going now."  Though you wanted to stay longer, you knew that your mother would start calling any minute.  You had so many questions that you wanted to ask but you didn't have enough time. 

Zadkiel sighed in disappointment and nodded at your response.  He was about to let you leave until he suddenly remembered the most important thing of this situation. What a rash move for an archangel!  Had he forgotten to tell you that, you would've been in grave danger.

"Wait Y/N!"  Zadkiel called out as you were nearly out the front door. "You must do complete this wish in a certain time frame."

You sighed in disappointment yet you figured that this would happen.

"So how long do I have?"

"You only have 62 days to avoid these 3 incidents as well as to make her fall for you.  If you don't complete this, your soul will remain in purgatory for the rest of time.  Rest easy for now, your 62 days will start once you go back to school on Monday."

You were thrown off by Zadkiel's answer.  62 days to fulfill this wish?  It took you 62 days to make Nayeon fall for you, but what about the 3 incidents?  Those incidents occurred when the two of you were together!  How could you possibly fix all of this in only 62 days?  It seemed impossible.

"I truly am fascinated by humans... the lengths that they go to protect something as trivial as emotions is amazing." Zadkiel muttered under his breath as he watched you leave.  "Song Y/N... I wonder how far you'll go to protect your feelings once you knew..."

.

.

.

As you left Zadkiel's house, you saw that it wasn't too late yet.  You spent the rest of your time exploring the area.  After walking around for some time, you came to a familiar street.  The street was desolate as the sun was setting now.  There was no one on the road as they were all inside of their own houses.  The houses on the street looked like they were quietly observing you as you walked down the road. This neighborhood was a truly beautiful sight against the setting sun.

Upon a certain house, there came laughter and the overwhelming feeling of joy.  Like a magnet, you were drawn to that house.  You wanted to know why it was filled with so much joy on this lonely street.  Stopping at the gate of the house, your heart raced as you saw the source of the laughter.

Like a ray that shines as bright as the sun, Nayeon was laughing with her sister as they made their way into her house.  Even after death and into this new life of yours, your love had remained unwavering, pure, and true for her. You knew that you couldn't just blindly tell her everything because you'd seem crazy.  For now, you'd wait until school started on Monday to try and make her yours once more.

.

.

.

Day 1, 61 days left...

[Monday]

As you were getting ready for leave for school, your mom was worried for you.  You were finally going back to school after you've spent a month in that coma.  Now, you were leaving her for almost 10 hours a day once again.

"Alright, I'll be going now."  You said as you slung your backpack over your shoulder.

"Please... don't hesitate to tell us if anything happens."  Your mother said worriedly as she watched you.  You quietly nodded your head and made your way to school.

Once you got to school, all heads turned to look at you.  There were murmurs and whispering being said about you.  You were a bit curious because why was everyone talking about you for?  It may have been because of the coma, you thought.

Finally arriving into the classroom, you saw her sit in the desk in front of you like she had back in high school.  It seemed like she was playing on her phone and was completely ignoring everyone else around her. 

Her aura was much different from the Nayeon that you knew.  If this Nayeon was the moon, then the Nayeon that you knew would be the sun.  Because of this off-putting aura, you didn't have the courage to tell her what you wanted to tell her.  You just silently observed her when someone from the back of the classroom had suddenly yelled out her name.

"Nayeon!"

Almost instantaneously, that icy aura that she had around her had disappeared just from the sound of their voice.  She turned her head towards your direction and your heart began to beat fast as you saw her beautiful smile on her face.  As much as you wanted to feel happy from that smile, you felt upset as you realized it.

It was a shame really...

That her beautiful smile wasn't for you. 

That her eyes didn't even acknowledge yours and just merely passed over you. 

That she wasn't looking for you at this moment.

Who could make her genuinely smile like that in this world if it wasn't you? You turned around to see who her gaze was fixed upon and you were heart-broken as your eyes laid on someone that wasn't you.

You heard as her chair squeaked as she got up to go see the person that you were staring at. 

You watched as she affectionately hugged the person that you were staring at. 

You saw as she laid her head on chest of the person that you were staring at. 

You felt your heart break as you watched her and the person that you were staring at.

At that moment, you had wished that your soul was really stuck in purgatory for the rest of time. Because to you, an eternity in purgatory was better than seeing Nayeon in the arms of someone else that wasn't you.

End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 197 18
You protect me like I am the most precious thing on earth. You love me so dearly, that I could never know love unless in its purest form You make me...
456K 17.7K 51
"No matter how many times you deny me, You're mine and mine alone, Y/n" •▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪• Highest ranks: #1 in girlxgirl - 04/15/20 #1 in twice- 05/10/20...
123K 6.5K 90
When a medical student accidentally recorded a woman dancing in her balcony wearing only towel while doing her summer job. Will the two become enemie...
24.5K 1.2K 19
Will the heart won't forget even if you have amnesia? [Nayeon, Mina x Female Reader]