A Splash of Spirit

By littahmaya

Hazel May is a lonely girl, stuck in a grey world. When she meets Jacob she immediately gets along with all o... More

January Blues
Yo osho
Sunday, finally a fucking fun day
Easy Jet
Fuck Boy
Chocolate beasts
Too Cool To Be Annoyed
Awkward apolagies
Strange brownie
Immoral selfies
Killer
Pratt with an M
Suck it and see
Equal and opposite reactions
Cheaky Kisses
Confessions and stolen teddy bears
'Im just saying you could do better'- (short chapter)
Hurting the bad boy
King and Queen

Wear protection

40 1 0
By littahmaya

It was Saturday, the day of the party.

The week flew past like a bird in a bitter sky.
I love a hate parties, especially the ones my mother forced me to attend. I had a bad feeling about this one, I was nervous. Afraid that no one would like me, like everyone would be like the kids at my school; a bunch of closed minded narcissists and that my strange mind would be alien to them.

But I'd be a fool not to try out new things, what was there to loose? So I tried not to over think things and let fate write itself.

The evening arrived quickly so I decided to start getting ready. I didn't know if it was casual or fancy, so I decided to go "fansual" a mix between the two. I wore a tight, high wasted denim miniskirt with tinted-see through tights, I also wore an orange tight top that ended just above my belly button, a reddish-brown bomber jacket and low red converses.

I left my ringlet curls down in a middle parting and simply wore mascara and cherry lipgloss. I tried not to stare in the mirror too long incase I decided I didn't look good enough and have a panic attack.

I walked down stairs and enthusiastically waited in the living room.

My mum walked in and looked me up and down with a big smile across her face. "You look nice, whats the occasion?" She asked.

"Ah thanks, just going to an alley way to pick up men to sleep with" I sarcastically replied.

"Oh alright, be safe and remember..."

"Wear protection" We both said, simultaneously.

I sat there waiting with butterflies in my stomach waiting for a knock on the door, until I suddenly heard a loud honk coming from outside. I reluctantly walked outside and saw a blue ford awaiting me. Scrolling down the window was a grinning Jacob

"Ahh Hazel!"
He walked out and gave me a massive hug before opening the door for me.

"You look beautiful" said Jacob
I blushed "Why thank you, so do you." I replied.

"Your a sight for sore eyes Hazel." He said.

"Your a sight for blind eyes, Jacob" I said.

"Well you'd make Aphrodite look like Susan Boyle"

"You win" I said, with a cheesy smile.

"I never knew you could drive" I continued.

" I cant, I just started learning last month which means I could crash any minute" Said Jacob turning to me for a fearful reaction.

"Go ahead, I've always wondered what it would be like with a broken neck" I sarcastically replied.

Jacob giggled femininely. " I cant wait to introduce you to my friends, warning; some if them are nuts"

I simply smiled and said  "I like nuts".

After a 5 minute drive we finally arrived at his house. There was groups of young people mingling outside and I could hear music bursting from his house.

We entered his packed hallway, jacob turned to me "Welcome to my humble abode" he said with a welcoming smile on his face

There were a lot of people there dancing, drinking, smoking but we just raced straight past them into the kitchen.

"Beer?" Asked Jacob.

"Yes please" I replied. He dived into his fridge and grabbed me a can of Budweiser. Then smiled at me and said

"Come, let me show you everyone"

He grabbed my hand and led me into his living room. I found myself stood in front of a guy who looked as if he was half asleep, he had long brown hair and a short beard and was wearing a beaded necklace with a long brown top on. He looked around 19 and appeared to be a hippie.

"Hazel, meet marijuana mike, he's stoned 70% of the time"

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey Hazel, the nuts of all hazels trees are edible. Can I eat you?"

"Yeah he's nuts" Laughed Jacob, leading me to his back garden.

I walked out into his garden, sitting on the grass were a bunch of teenagers sitting in a circle.

"Guys" said Jacob eager for their attention.
"Ahh finally the main man decides to turn up"

"This is Hazel, Hazel meet my friends"
They all budged, signalling both of us to sit down and join the circle.
I looked around to view all of the faces staring right back at me.

"Nice to meet you Hazel, I'm Bella"
She said, friendly; she had big, curly ginger hair with light freckles on her cheeks, and her eyes were bright green which I loved, she wore colourful clothing which showed she is a bright character.

"Hey, nice to meet you too" I replied

"Hello, I'm called Alex but everybody calls me Ocean, because one day I woke up and thought 'hey why don't I call myself Ocean' "
Said a girl with dark black hair reaching to her shoulders, she had multiple piercings; a septum on her nose and loads of rings running up her ear, she wore all black clothing which had quite an edgy style and her face was pale with thick eyeliner and burgundy lipstick on.

"Hey Ocean, cool name!" I answered.

"No Daniel" Moaned Jacob.

"You just met her and your already looking at her as if you have a crush on her" said Jacob cutting his eye.

"What can I say, shes a beautiful girl" He smiled; he was quite cute. He had short black hair with a middle parting going through it, his hair looked like it had been smothered in gel but still looked very handsome. He had a cute, cheesy side grin with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Below his nose stood some hair that looked as if he was attempting to grow a moustache. He had on a tight white shirt that you could see his muscler body through.

"Hey babe, the names Daniel" he said, kissing my hand.

"Daniel, you jerk" Moaned a beautiful blonde, she had wavy golden hair that reached just above her breasts, her eyes were bright blue and her lips were rosy red. She was wearing a stripy pink and white cotton dress with a light pink cardigan.

"How could you be flirting with her right in front of me, you bellend! Hey nice to meet you I'm Amy. His girlfriend" she said, smiling at me.

"How old are you? We're all 17." Asked Bella.

"I turn 17 August the 2nd" I replied.

"And Im Eddie." Mention a blonde boy who looked as if he should be in a boy band, he had scruffy, quiffed blonde hair, light blue eyes. His lips were pink and had a black ring around his bottom lip. Im not even going to mention the jaw line.

"How are you? He asked
"Great thanks".

"Has anybody seen Gordon?" Asked Jacob.

"No, he's probably late. As always." Replied Eddie.

"So Hazel we were having a discussion, and do you think bulimia should be classed as a vital medical illness" Asked Bella

The whole circle optimistically glared at me.

"Umm..." I awkwardly replied

" Its not bad for you and it gives you a great figure, just look at me. I even read on an online page saying that it can be good for you, like it can detox your body." Said Amy, defensively.

"Thats not the point, the point is to teach teenage girls to love themselves for who they are and not have to hurdle their food out of there mouths just to look slim. And if you want to detox than drink a green smoothie" Replied Bella.

"Well I believe that if you want to be bulimic than be bulimic, if its going to help you stay sexy then do it. A bitch gotta do what a bitch gotta do! Am I right, Hazel?" Laughed Daniel.

The whole group let out a sigh apart from a voice in the background, laughing.

I turned around and looked at the boy standing there, my eyes started to water to see such handsomeness.

Behind us stood a boy, hot, tanned, light shade of caramel. He had black loose curls falling on his face, his brown eyes gleamed at us as if he were amused, he had soft pink lips that I could describe as kissable, but I'd be naive to think I'd ever have the pleasure.
His jawline was the jawiest jaw line I've ever seen. He wore a plane white top which hugged his body perfectly showing his muscular body clearly; he wore grey jeans, a black leather jacket and boots.
He stared down and us with a lazy smile.

"Oh, Jordan Williams. Your alive" Jacob sprinted up and gave him a brotherly hug.

"And late as always" added Ocean

"What can I say. Looking this good isn't easy" He said.
His eyes travelled around the circle, stopping at me.

He slowly grinned "who's this?"
He remained staring at me, as I was staring at him.
"My friend, Hazel" replied Jacob

Our eyes remained locked.

"Do you know each other or something?" snidely said Amy

A massive smile invaded his face.
"Nice to meet you Hazel, I'm Jordan"

"Nice to me you, too" I timidly replied

"Shit, oh my god! There playing 'I bet that you look good on the dance floor'" yelled Bella.

"Ahhh" Yelled Amy.

I was exited. The while group ran into the house and jumped onto the dance floor, rushing into the crowds.

That night was full of dancing, dancing and dancing. Until we were all hot and sweaty.

And that was first time I met Jordan, we never talked much that night, but from the first time I saw the fire lit and and I knew in my gut that Jordan was beyond special.

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 25 24
Hazel Griffin expected her senior year to be easy. She had a group of amazing friends and had found herself being the star of the dance team. She was...
78.1K 1.6K 14
*HIGHLY RECOMMEND READING 'I am NOT a Lesbian' FIRST* Zoey finally gets to be a stud in her Junior year of high school. With Hazel as her r...
61.4K 2.1K 18
Jordan Whitehead the nerd that no one ever payed attention to. He never was the popular type, and was always a victim when it came to bullying. And a...
2.1K 41 13
Hazel Hamilton is a 17 year old girl in high school. She lived in Florida and moved to California, where she struggles to get her life back together...