Silver Lining

By RUNA_HADES

Secret Organization. White Star. Sealed God. They are all gone now. Peace has come again to the Western and E... More

Hotteok?
Nostalgia
Team Leader
Promise
Her
Our Past
Our Past II
Our Past III
Raisa
Raisa II
Raisa III
Jung Yeon Hwa
How Peaceful
God of Death
Cherished One
Forgotten
You Are Not Alone
Silver and Black
Little One
How Did You Know?
HIATUS
QnA Part 1
QnA Part 2
QnA Part 3
Deja Vu
The Present
Festival
Festival II
Festival III
Memories
The Butler and The Chef
The Lady
Archmage
The Rose, The Lights & The Darkness
HIATUS 2
Special AU Part 2
Special AU Part 3
Special AU Part 4
Side Story
Invitation
New Moonlight
Healer
Zero Failure
Dinner
Losing Her
✨2023✨
Habit
Suncatcher
Siblings
Embrace
The Diary
Together
Family
Puzzle City
The Heart and Soul
Hairpin
The Dukedom
His Guest
Hangul
Kim Soo Yeon

Special AU Part 1

2.1K 93 15
By RUNA_HADES

※In this story, there is some resemblance to real-world culture, especially from South Korea. However, most of them are just fiction. Moreover, the characters' ages are different from the original story. For more information regarding this, I will leave a note at the end of this chapter. Lastly, Have Fun Reading This Special AU~!※

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

"This year's admission is no joke."

"It's a Starry Era for a reason."

Starry Era is a saying that Roan citizens have used in recent years as it's the era where many talented people have appeared in their nation.

These gifted people are like stars shining brightly in the dark sky of Roan who have nothing special about it except its long history.

The starting of this era is the eldest son of the Henituse Corporation, Cale Henituse saved people from the cyber-terrorist attack a few years ago when he was only a high school student.

The cyberterrorism attack occurred when the President of Roan, Zed Crossman, and his heirs visited the Huiss High School to celebrate the school's 100th-year anniversary.

The attack was to openly intimidate and threaten the government and citizens with the nation's data and personal information.

Moreover, the terrorist tried to bomb Huiss High School and the bombs were controlled by the attacker's software.

Nevertheless, it was a futile effort as Cale Henituse knew every single bomb's location and how to hack the software.

Obviously, he only provided the information while he let his trusted friends handle them except for one bomb.

Something was different at the last minute happened which is the final bomb's position was mismatched with the intel he got.

It was a different bomb than any other else, it was more dangerous.

Cale couldn't help but got himself involved and stopped the bomb detonation by hacking the enemy's software in everyone's presence by using the event emcee's computer.

He doesn't even notice his work was being presented on the projection screen that hasn't been turned off since the beginning.

It was an unforgettable day for everyone who witnessed the occurrence firsthand, especially the symbol that they had witnessed once the eldest son of the Henituse family successfully prevent the bomb detonated.

The silver shield with the wings.

It was Cale's specialized protection software.

That's how Cale Henituse received 'Silver Shield' and 'Silver Light' nicknames as well as became the icon of the Starry Era.

Those horrified (according to the redhead) nicknames have been stuck with him until he entered Huiss University.

"For our side only, we got two scholarship students. The number of freshmen we need to handle for this time Membership Training (MT) is quite high compared to last year. Thank you for volunteering this year as well, Rosalyn."

"It's not a big deal, Alberu. This year is even more special because one of the students on this list is a good friend of ours."

As soon as Alberu and Rosalyn finished talking, the lecture room's door opened.

They didn't expect anyone because it was the time all classes ended and no one used the lecture room in the late evening.

The door opened widely and revealed a handsome young man with red blood-like hair and sharp, reddish-brown eyes.

The redhead greeted his seniors respectfully at the moment he saw them.

"Hyung-nim. Rosalyn sunbaenim."

"Dongsaeng? Why are you still in the campus at this hour?"

Instead of answering his sworn brother's question, Cale walked toward the table where Alberu and Rosalyn had a discussion about MT.

Cale picked up the file and checked the name of the freshmen.

"Is this the list for the students that you guys will handle this year?"

"That's right. This time, Alberu and I will manage around 100 students alongside other sophomores, junior, and senior years volunteers."

While Rosalyn explained the MT that would be conducted soon, Cale picked up another file right after he read the previous one.

"That file listed this year's scholarship students. The pictures that are marked with a star symbol are the ones that will be in our group."

Alberu, the Representative of the Law Department of Huiss University went behind Cale and pointed to two youths' pictures that have marked with red star marked.

Cale recognized both of them but his russet eyes only land on one photo.

Then, he closed the file and took another paper.

"What are you doing.....You filled it up with your name!?"

The paper that the redhead wrote his name on it was the volunteer form for the Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Years students to be MT's facilitators. 

The blondie looked at his dongsaeng that always tried his best to slack off wrote the detail in the form without hesitation in disbelief.

After finishing signing up the form, Cale excused himself and left the lecture room without regret.

"What the hell? Is that really Cale Henituse that I know? Last Year! When I coaxed him to join MT as the facilitator, he rejected me coldly and said it was annoying! Now I didn't mention this year's MT, he volunteered out of nowhere..."

As the blondie complained, Rosalyn tapped his shoulder and showed the scholarship students' file to him.

"Even though it's quite shocking for Cale hoobaenim to volunteer this year, it still makes sense, to be honest at some point."

Rosalyn shared her opinion while pointing at one of the scholarship students with a star mark on it.

For their group, they will take care of two scholarship students.

The first one is someone they already knew and acquaintance with.

He is their high school junior and good friend, Choi Han.

Choi Han got the scholarship to Sports Department with ease.

It's no surprise for any of his friends as they know the youth's strengths, especially his talent in swordsmanship.

The second is someone they don't familiar with.

A delicate young lady with ash-brown hair and silver eyes.

She got the scholarship to Pharmacy Department with a perfect score.

She's not an alumnus of Huiss High School but from another region's high school.

So, the possibility that the reason the eldest son of Henituse Corporation volunteered to join the MT is because of the black-haired young man, Choi Han who is his closest friend, as well as his personal bodyguard, is what the blondie and light red-haired young lady thought.

"...It was because of Choi Han?"

"I think so. By the way, Alberu, check your phone."

Alberu was puzzled by Rosalyn's heavy voice but do as she said.

He could see many notifications coming in the 'MT's Volunteers 20XX' Group and his blue eyes widened reading the messages.

"What...?"

"Everyone seems like asking about Cale hoobaenim's strange behavior today. It looks like he's been giving visits to all leaders of other MT groups to seek 'someone'. Then, he left abruptly after failing to look for that 'someone'."

"I guess it's really Choi Han."

"I have the same opinion."

The bright blue eyes and the flaming-like red eyes looked at two photos of a young man and young lady in 20 as they affirmed their guess.

However, in the corner of their heart, they felt somehow uneasy.

It feels like it was a wrong guess.

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

🔶Membership Training (MT):
MT is one of South Korea University's cultures which is a retreat or weekend getaway in which a group of students go off-campus and engage in a variety of activities and games as well as designed to connect and promote harmony between all students, especially the freshmen. However, my story, it's a bit different than the normal MT that you have seen in K-drama/Manhwa/Real Life. 

Addition note: MT is completely handled by students.

For example, if Huiss University received 500 new admissions, MT groups will be divided into 5 groups. In this part, Alberu is the leader of the facilitators for his group which consists of 8-9 other facilitators from Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Years students who volunteer to do so.

The ones who volunteer to be the facilitator will get the extra points that will help their GPA and it's open to any student as this MT is fully different than real life which is all freshmen in one group come from different departments/clubs so is the facilitators.

The goal is to strengthen the relationship between students regardless of their background, departments, age and etc.

🔷Ages of the Characters:

Alberu Crossman (Senior Years): 24 years old
- take a 1-year break, family matters.

Rosalyn Breck (Senior Years): 23 years old

Cale Henituse (Junior): 22 years old

Choi Han (Freshmen): 20 years old

Raisa Jung (Freshmen): 20 years old

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 9.5K 39
What if The original Cale didn't got transferred to another world and stay in the original world? let us find out! Cale Henituse.. Cale has the title...
5.5K 424 11
Roxana/The Way to Protect the Female Lead's Older Brother x Trash of the Count's Family Cale Henituse had been kidnapped while traveling to another t...
5.7K 264 7
Collections of Oneshots and special chapters [from my other book] 1. [The Green Dragon's Diary] -Cale Henituse never trusts his gut feelings. Be...
32.9K 2.1K 13
It was supposed to be a fine morning as usual after the war with the white star and the sealed god however that particular peace was broken once agai...