Invisible Things (Hermione Gr...

By THE_SHIP_SHALL_SAIL

"It's the invisible things, Granger. Like the way I feel when you smile that smile that leaves me like a flut... More

Year 1: Philosopher's Stone
Chapter One: The Story Begins
Chapter Two: First Classes
Chapter Three: Rivalry
Chapter Four: Detention
Chapter Five: The Trapdoor
Year 2: Chamber Of Secrets
Chapter One: Family Troubles
Chapter Two: Pixie Trouble
Chapter Three: The Heir
Chapter Four: Dobby's Visit
Chapter Five: Best Friend
Chapter Six: Petrified
Chapter Seven: The Chambers
Year 3: Prisoner Of Azkaban
Chapter One: Dementors
Chapter Two: Buckbeak
Chapter Three: Lion
Chapter Four: Realizations
Chapter Five: Scabbers
Chapter Six: Rescue Mission
Year 4: Goblet Of Fire
Chapter One: The Attack
Chapter Two: Unforgivable Curses
Chapter Three: Eternal Glory
Chapter Four: Butterflies
Chapter Five: Battling Dragons
Chapter Six: Prince And Princess
Chapter Eight: The Black Lake
Chapter Nine: Into The Graveyard
Goblet Of Fire: Bloopers and Behind
Year 5: Order Of The Phoenix
Chapter One: Pink
Chapter Two: Punishment
Chapter Three: Recruitment
Chapter Four: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter Five: Flirting
Chapter Six: Truth Serum
Chapter Seven: Prophecies
Order Of The Phoenix: Bloopers and Behind
Year 6: Half-Blood Prince
Chapter One: Unbreakable Vow
Chapter Two: Choosing Sides
Chapter Three: Lost
Chapter Four: Family
Chapter Five: For Eternity
Chapter Six: Slughorn's Dinner Party
Chapter Seven: Trust
Chapter Eight: Moonlight
Chapter Nine: Without Her
Chapter Ten: Studying
Year 1: Chapter One (Rewrite)

Chapter Seven: Bath Time

8.4K 256 87
By THE_SHIP_SHALL_SAIL

"I can't believe him!" Hermione slammed her book onto the table loudly.

"He causes a huge scene and all we get is an insincere 'sorry'?!"

Y/N and Hermione had been official since the Yule ball and Harry tried to convince Ron to apologize to the both of them. He did eventually do it after a week but he did so in a way that angered Hermione further. On the bright side, Y/N and Hermione had gone strong since they started dating. Though not much had changed since their friendship was already like they were dating, they managed to blush less at each other's more intimate touches.

"You know what's true bravery and strength?" Y/N looked at her as she sat down next to him.

"Y/N, don't use my own words against me." Hermione sighed, staring him down.

"Forgiving someone who wasn't even sorry." Y/N continued anyways, making Hermione groan.

"Y/NNNN..." Hermione groaned while Y/N ate his bread.

Although basically the whole school knew Y/N and Hermione were dating, the Slytherin's didn't really outcast Y/N or anything. Sure, some of them stopped greeting him when he passed by the halls but it didn't really make much of a difference due to the other houses adoring him even more. Slytherin's prince was not a Pureblood supremist, that raised his popularity even more, boosting past Cedric's. Draco had kept his promise, his family hadn't heard of the relationship yet.

"Seriously, how childish can he be? Letting his jealousy make him throw a tantrum!" Hermione continued ranting.

"Mhm. Mhm." Y/N nodded, taking off a piece of a his bread and feeding it to Hermione.

"I just wish he'd grow up!" Hermione exclaimed after swallowing it.

Y/N continued to listen to her ranting for a while, feeding her between sentences. He wasn't really paying much attention, all he had was a dreamy look, enjoying the company of his girlfriend.

"Honestly, Granger. I really need to teach you how to hold silent grudges." Y/N chuckled, eating the last piece of the bread.

"When are you going to stop calling me Granger? Isn't it a bit weird now that we're dating?" Hermione questioned him, staring into his eyes.

"I suppose when you become a Malfoy." He smirked before giving her a light peck on the lips.

"You two are getting along well." Harry chuckled, taking a seat opposite them with Ron who tried to ignore the two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Harry, Y/N! You both told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago!" Hermione scolded the two as they looked out from the bridge.

"The task is two days from now!"

"Really? I had no idea." Harry replied sarcastically.

"We just didn't want to stress you out..." Y/N mumbled, staring at the setting sun.

"Well, I'm just more stressed now." She sighed, leaning onto his shoulder.

"I suppose Viktor's already figured it out." Harry said, looking at Hermione.

"Oh god, you've mentioned him." Y/N groaned fiddling with Hermione's fingers.

"I never get to spend library time with Hermione alone anymore, he's always watching."

"Library time?" Harry chuckled, looking at the sulking boy.

"Well, yeah. It's one of the only places I can hang out with 'Mione. You and Ron are practically allergic to the library." Y/N replied, frowning.

"It's Hermione, Y/N." She corrected him.

"I think you're my 'Mione." Y/N mocked, kissing her on the cheek.

Hermione sighed, trying to hide her small smile at Y/N's cheesy joke. Harry chuckled at the two's playful argument. He was glad they were going strong.

"You're both trying to figure the egg out, aren't you?" Hermione interlocked her fingers with Y/N's.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows at her.

Hermione's soft smile turned into a serious expression, worried for two of the most important people in her life.

"It just means these tasks are designed to test you...in the most brutal way. They're almost cruel." Hermione spoke up.

Harry looked away, feeling a bit of guilt for lying to Hermione. Y/N felt her hands tighten around his.

"And... I'm scared for you... for both of you. You both got by the dragons mostly on nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

"It'll be fine, Granger. The handsome one always dies last." Y/N took both of her hands, forcing her to face him before flashing a cheeky smile.

"Y/N this isn't something to joke about. I need you..." Hermione's eyes were casted onto the floor.

"For?" Y/N teased, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ever." Hermione replied softly.

Y/N let go of one of Hermione's hands, bringing his hand over to his face to hide the big blush that had formed on his face. Hermione was always the serious type so whenever she'd say anything sweet, it physically broke him down.

"O-Okay." Y/N stuttered.

Y/N pulled her by the hand, bringing her to his chest before embracing her tightly.

"I swear, if this tournament doesn't kill me, you definitely will." Y/N muttered with a smile after placing a small kiss onto her head.

"Hey, Potter! Malfoy!" A voice called out to the two boys, breaking Y/N and Hermione's embrace.

Harry instantly turned away upon hearing the voice, trying to avoid the popular Hufflepuff due to his heart break.

"Be right back, Granger." Y/N whispered, placing another soft kiss onto her head before chasing after Harry.

"Potter! Malfoy!" Cedric ran up behind them.

"Cedric." Harry replied before sighing.

"How...? How are you?" Cedric asked them awkwardly.

"You know, for someone almost as popular as I am. You're quite awkward." Y/N chuckled at the taller boy.

"Try growing a bit before talking me down." Cedric smiled, ruffling Y/N's soft blonde locks.

"Not the hair!" Y/N groaned, fixing his hair up right away.

"I realized I never really thanked you two properly for tipping me off about those dragons." Cedric changed to a more serious tone.

"You know I'm still not really sure why we-" Y/N was quickly cut off by Harry elbowing him in the side.

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would've done the same for us." Harry replied.

"Exactly." Cedric said after a bit of confusion due to Y/N.

"You know the Prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor?"

Y/N and Harry nodded. Cedric looked around, hesitating before leaning in close to the two.

"It's not a bad place for a bath." He whispered.

"Just take your eggs and... mull things over in the hot water."

Cedric smiled awkwardly before walking off.

"He's gone crazy." Y/N spoke up after Cedric had left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We've gone crazy." Y/N said upon entering the Prefects' bathroom with Harry, their golden eggs in hand.

"Come on." Harry pulled Y/N by the sleeve towards the large bath that almost resembled a small pool.

The faucets started pouring in water and some other liquids that made the bath smell nice, layering the top of the bath with a thick layer of foam. Bubbles floated around the room, illuminated by the moon's light.

Y/N and Harry began taking their tops off to get ready for the odd bath they'd be taking. Though Y/N wasn't entirely ripped, he had a faint six pack, making him look more appealing.

"Are you checking me out?" Y/N noticed Harry's eyes locked onto him, his mouth slightly opened.

"N-no." Harry stuttered before looking away, continuing to undress himself.

"Why not?" Y/N replied playfully as he took his pants off.

"Although I'm naturally handsome, I put in work to look this good. Appreciate it."

Harry kept his gaze away as he hopped into the bath with Y/N following in suit. The two adjusted to the heat of the bath before taking their eggs in with them.

"We've gone crazy." Harry finally agreed with Y/N while clutching the golden egg in his hand.

"Harry-" Y/N was cut off by Harry opening his egg, emitting the loud screech.

"Shut it, Harry!"

Harry clenched his teeth before shutting his egg.

"We've seriously gone crazy." Harry panted, clutching the egg to his chest.

"What if we..." Y/N trailed off before gulping.

"We've gone crazy."

Y/N dunked his head under the water before opening the egg.

"Come seek us
Where our voices sound
We cannot sing
Above the ground
An hour long you'll have to look
To recover what we took"

Y/N instantly got back above the water, panting slightly after the egg had finished singing. He pushed his hair out of his face. As soon as he opened his eyes, it was met with transparent ones.

"Myrtle?!" Y/N exclaimed, startled at her appearance.

Myrtle began giggling as she leaned up close to Y/N, making him quite uncomfortable.

"Absolutely not." Y/N said, leaning away.

"Y/N!" Harry shouted his name after rising from the water.

"Oh, god. Harry protect me." Y/N said desperately, going around Harry to use him as a shield from Myrtle.

Myrtle giggled once more, now sitting next to Harry.

"Myrtle..." Harry said a bit shocked.

"Hi..." Myrtle replied dreamily.

"Y/N, the riddle." Harry turned his attention away from her.

"Yeah, I heard." Y/N replied, thinking deeply about the riddle.

"You don't think there's Merpeople in the Black Lake?"

"Ah... Very good." Myrtle said making the two boys look towards her.

Harry gasped slightly as Myrtle began inching even closer to him, forcing Y/N to move back whenever he did.

"How can a ghost, who's been dead for so long, be so horny?" Y/N whispered, making a disgusted face at her.

"It took Cedric Diggory ages to riddle it out. Almost all the bubbles were gone..." Myrtle kept inching towards the two boys.

"Rah!" Myrtle screamed, launching herself at them.

Y/N and Harry inched back so fast, they nearly fell over. They desperately dug at the bubbles, trying to protect their manhood's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, tell me the riddle again." Hermione clutched the golden egg in her hand, pacing back and forth around the secluded part of the library.

Y/N sat on a bean bag on the floor with books splayed around him as he skimmed through them. Ron had fallen asleep on a chair with a neat stack of book beside him that he hasn't touched. Harry on the other hand laid his head on his book, feeling hopeless.

"'Come seek us where our voices sounds. We cannot sing above the ground.'" Y/N recalled, multitasking as he flipped the pages of his book.

"The Black Lake, that's obvious." Hermione said before shaking Ron awake.

 "'An hour long you'll have to look.'" Y/N continued before yawning.

"Again, obvious. Though, admittedly, potentially problematic." Hermione kept pacing around, making Y/N feel a bit dizzy.

Y/N pulled her down when she had reached him making her squeal, forcing her to sit on his lap, resting his head on her head.

"'Potentially problematic'?" Harry spat out sarcastically.

"When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?"

Hermione shuffled around on Y/N's lap before relaxing into his chest while his arms wrapped themselves around her waist. They had all been in the library all day yesterday and since they had gotten up today searching for any spell that would help Y/N and Harry. They even tried searching Y/N's book but only found advanced spells that would only last a few minutes.

"Look, Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out." Hermione reassured but kept her voice stern.

Y/N sighed burying his face into the crook of Hermione's shoulder and neck. 

"You smell nice, 'Mione." Y/N muttered into her neck, tickling her a bit.

"Y/N stopppp." Hermione tried to lean away from Y/N's hold, giggling.

Y/N smiled softly, finally managing to make her smile after their tense day. 

"Glad you two are taking light of this situation." Ron spat, standing with Harry's egg as he stared at the two lovers.

"Taking it light?" Hermione got up from Y/N's lap, her tone was a bit aggressive.

"My boyfriend and basically my brother could potentially die and you-"

"Hate to break up the skull session." Moody cut Hermione off, staring tensely at the quartet.

"Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office."

Y/N and Harry began to stand as well but was stopped by Moody.

"Not you, Potter, Malfoy, just Weasley and Granger."

"But, sir, the second task is only hours away, and-" Hermione began.

"Exactly. Presumably Potter and Malfoy are well prepared by now... and could do with a good night's sleep." Moody cut her off, staring at Y/N and Harry with a glare.

"Go. Now!"

"We're doomed." Y/N muttered before getting up and helping Harry tidy their books.

"Longbottom!" Moody called out.

"Why don't you help Potter and Malfoy put their books back."

Neville agreed, walking over to the two very stressed boys.

"You know, if you're interested in plants... you'd be better off with Goshawk's Guide to Herbology." Neville said upon reading the title of one of the boys' books.

"Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal who's growing gravity-resistant trees?"

"No offense, Longbottom, but Harry and I could literally care less about plants unless there is an amazing plant that could help us breathe underwater for an hour." Y/N groaned as he took a seat next to Harry.

"Well.. you could always use Gillyweed." Neville suggested.

"Sounds rancid." Y/N thought out loud.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're sure about this, Neville?" Harry asked, taking the Gillyweed from Neville's hands before splitting it up with Y/N.

"Absolutely." Neville replied confidently.

"For an hour?" Y/N asked, pocketing the slimy green plant.

"Most likely." Neville answered.

"Most likely?" Harry questioned the taller boy.

"Well, there is some debate among Herbologists... as to the effects of fresh water versus salt water..." Neville explained, walking to the site with Y/N and Harry.

"You're telling us now? Oh sure, let us go down with this strange plant and potentially drown." Y/N rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"I just wanted to help..." Neville muttered, keeping his eyes down.

"Well, that makes you a right sight better than Ron and Hermione." Harry sighed looking around.

"Where are they anyways? Have you seen them around, Y/N?"

"Nope. Haven't seen her since earlier. Couldn't care less about the ginger." Y/N replied, putting his sunglasses on.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses? It's not even sunny." Harry questioned the blonde-haired boy.

Y/N shrugged as he tidied his hair a bit.

"It's called fashion, I don't know if you've heard of it." Y/N answered sarcastically, looking Harry up and down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Dumbledore is definitely into enemies to lovers and betted on Y/N and Hermione's relationship before they started dating. I'm not taking criticism for that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 325 27
Hermione Granger has loved Draco Malfoy since the first time they met. However, she is unsure if she should continue to like him for her 2 best frien...
323 55 16
PAUSED... WILL BE CONTINUED WHEN I COMPLETE "JINXED BY A CRAZY LOVE" OR WHEN I GET A NICE PLOT!!! Who said twins are identical in everything?...... ...
6.2K 186 7
Draco Malfoy was stubborn, sarcastic and snarky as he could ever be. Rumors would swarm around him like moths to a flame. Some speculated he was a te...
6.1K 171 28
"But all those things you said to me." "It was all just a mask Hermione," I told her, "I had to say those things. I had to, because..." I thought abo...