before you love me | jjk

By _zookie

Love and Fame. Is it possible to have both? Solo artist RÆ and BTS' Jung Kook are about to find out.... [#1... More

description + character profiles
part one
playlist
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
new book alert + chapter 17 sneak peek !!
chapter seventeen (part one)
chapter seventeen (part two)
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
announcement >...<
part two
playlist ii.
[preview]
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty-one
album announcement
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
deluxe album announcement
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
epilogue
final author's note
announcement ^•^

chapter forty

1.3K 57 46
By _zookie

━━━ ˚‧₊ september 2020₊‧˚━━━

The mood around the dorm was electric and everyone was in high spirits. Not only was it Jungkook's birthday, but the boys had received the news earlier on in the day that Dynamite had made it to number one on Billboard, the very first number one of their career. Absolutely nothing could bring their mood down even if they tried.

Narae, meanwhile, was busy running around Seoul, making the last minute preparations for Jungkook's birthday that she had been planning for the past few months. Everything had to be perfect. As the day progressed, she grew more and more nervous, whilst the others were getting more excited.

She stood in the middle of the venue talking to the assistant, whilst simultaneously running through her checklist in her mind and cataloguing each item. As she looked around, she suddenly wondered if maybe she had done a little too much, or perhaps gone a bit too overboard for Jungkook's birthday. She didn't have time to dwell on those thoughts however, soon the guests would start arriving, and she wanted to be dressed and ready for Jungkook's entrance.

Meanwhile, back in the dorms, Jungkook was in his room getting dressed in preparation. The only hint that Narae had given him was that he needed to wear a costume, which was why he was currently putting on a fitted Spiderman suit.

As he walked over to his mirror to check how it fit, he smiled at the colourful post-its stuck to it. Narae had been helping him learn English and one day had arrived in his room with a stack of them, each one written with different English words and phrases as well as their Korean translations and little drawings next to them. His whole room was now covered in them and he loved seeing them throughout the day when he was in his room. Narae really had infiltrated every aspect of his life, but Jungkook wasn't complaining.

Tousling his hair, he nodded, satisfied with his appearance before making his way to the living room where everyone had gathered. Yoongi had left earlier to help Narae with the last of the setup, whilst Hobi and Namjoon had gone to pick up Tianna and Kamaiyah, and would be meeting them at the venue. That left Jimin, Taehyung and Jin to welcome him with cheers and raised champagne glasses.

Jin had also gone the superhero route, though a different franchise, and was dressed as Super Mario, complete with the detachable moustache, whilst Jimin was dressed up as his favourite character, Zoro from One Piece with replica swords attached at his waist. Taehyung had gone more classical jazz vibes, dressed in a pinstripe zoot suit with a chain attached to his waist. He had completed the look with a black fedora and had a pipe held between his lips.

The four of them drank and chatted until they got the message saying that the car was ready to take them to the party. They walked outside to see a limo waiting for them, a chauffeur standing at the open door to welcome them. The luxurious interior served quite a contrast to their costumes, but they didn't care either way. The journey wasn't long before they arrived at the very familiar club Signal.

It wasn't until they got past the security checks and made their way inside that they realised the décor was completely different. They were led to one of the various rooms they had passed on their first time at Signal, the attendant telling them to wait before confirming something into her earpiece. When she was given the go-ahead, she opened the wide double doors, the boys pushing Jungkook forward to enter first.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The guests cheered as Jungkook walked forward, popping streamers and clapping as he made his entrance.

He couldn't believe his eyes as he took in everything around him. His friends all came up to hug and congratulate him. The first set of people were his group chat friends: Yugyeom, BamBam, Mingyu, The8, DK and Jaehyun, the next being the other members of Got7 and EXO, Jackson in particular greeting him with a loud whoop and bone-crushing hug. Next up was Jimin's friend Sungwoon, then Sol and Eunwoo who had come together dressed as Kim Possible and Elton John respectively. 

Other people that he was well-acquainted with, either through the other members or from his own interactions also came up to wish him well. He noticed that there was no one in the room that he didn't know and trust – aside from the bar staff – the small detail further relaxing him and putting him at ease.

The rest of his groupmates were next up, jostling him around and cracking jokes at his expression as they wished him happy birthday. Namjoon was dressed as Ash Ketchum from Pokemon whilst Yoongi and Hoseok were both halves of couples' costumes. Asa and Yoongi had come together as Zuko and Mai from Avatar, Yoongi dedicated to the outfit with a realistic scar, whilst Tianna and Hobi had dressed up as Beyoncé and Jay-Z from the Apeshit music video.

Jungkook's eyes wandered until he found the one person he was looking for standing separate from the crowd around him. His eyes remained locked on her as she strode towards him, body clad in a skintight pink and purple catsuit costume and hair in a high ponytail. Her front was completely exposed, the top half of the costume open all the way down to her navel, a harness strapped to her thigh further emphasizing her legs that were elongated by stilettos. Instead of body paint, her eyeshadow was a smoky gradient of blue and black to match the colour of the character's skin.

His smile widened as she got closer to him, stopping when she was directly in front of him. "Widowmaker?" He questioned, referring to one of the characters from his favourite video game Overwatch.

"The one and only." Narae spun around slowly so that he could take in every aspect of the costume. Once she was facing him again, he dragged his eyes back up to meet hers from where they had fallen. Narae smirked as she realized where they had been lingering before spreading her arms wide like a conductor at a circus, "Welcome to Koochella!"

Jungkook took the time to look around the room once again as she described each part. He still couldn't quite believe it.

"You can obviously see where the dancefloor is and to your left we have a photobooth station. Cameras and phones aren't allowed here but you can immortalize the night with your own strip of photos. Next to it, there's a temporary tattoo station with world-famous tattoo artist Woojin Choi ready with your ink. There are stencils available, but if you have a little bit more time, he can get something quick and simple designed custom for you."

Narae pointed to the wall adjacent which had a large LED screen occupying it, "Here are all the real-time tweets and posts of ARMY wishing you happy birthday, and just beyond that door is a completely soundproof karaoke room where you can sing to your heart's content. The only catch is that the only songs you can load are BTS' songs, but I personally think that's a bonus. There's also a popcorn stand, candyfloss machine and corndogs and if you want to sit down and relax for a bit, there's also a resting area on the other side. You can order more food from the tablets on the tables there too. "

Narae took his hand and led him to the bar to sit down on the stools in front of it. "And here we have my favourite part: the bar! You can order anything you want, but there are three signature cocktails for tonight! First up is Kookies and Cream – it's got Bailey's, coffee liquer, Frangelico and honey, and is topped with whipped cream and an Oreo. Then we have the Mai T(a)ime, which is literally just a Mai Tai rebranded and lastly: The Jungkook, which is ice cream, rum, vanilla and banana milk!"

As Jungkook listened to the ingredients of the cocktails, he snapped his fingers as he remembered something, "Wait! Was this what you were doing that time in the kitchen with Jin, Jimin and Yoongi hyung?"

Jungkook was referring to one day when he had walked into the dorm to find the four of them wasted, various bottles of alcohol, beverages and food items covering the table, along with a massive notepad with multiple things crossed out and circled. Narae had informed him with a sloppily pointed finger that they were conducting 'official business' and he 'shouldn't interfere' before dissolving into a fit of drunken snickers with Jin. He had just waved it off and left them to their devices, used to their weirdness, but now it was all making sense.

"Yes! I mean, we didn't end up choosing any of those because they were all shit but Rina—" Narae gestured to the bartender and returned her smile, "helped me out once she knew what I was going for." Narae turned back to Jungkook, eyes serious as she gauged his expression, "Now that you've seen everything, what do you think?"

"Honestly, I'm in awe. I have no clue how you managed to organise all of this, one, without me finding out, and two, in between all the schedules and work. It's incredible."

"I had a lot of help! The owner of the bar, the rest of bangtan and your friends as well – everyone contributed in some way or the other. "

Jungkook knew Narae was just being modest, not wanting to show how much effort she put into it and trying to downplay her role in it all, but the proof was right in front of him. The party had Narae's thoughtful touch all over it. Still, he allowed her to think he believed her, he'd just have to show her how much he appreciated her later on.

"What do you want to do first?"

"I think a drink is in order to kick off the night." Jungkook turned to where Rina was patiently waiting as she busied herself tidying up the bar, "The Jungkook was it?" Narae nodded and moved off her seat to press against his side as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "Great, we'll have two of those then and a tequila shot as well."

"You want a tequila shot on top of the cocktail?"

Jungkook squeezed her waist to bring her even closer to him. "Nope, that one is for you. I know how much you love them."

Narae rolled her eyes jokingly as she laughed, "You're literally obsessed with me."

He quickly pecked the corner of her lips, "That, I won't deny."

✩ ✩ ✩

Hours later, Jungkook still couldn't wrap his head around everything Narae had organized for his birthday. His friends, his group mates, the decor, the thought that had been put into every little detail and the effort to get everyone to commit to the theme. He would remember this birthday for the rest of his life. He had never felt so obviously cared for before.

By this point, he had unzipped his suit and tied it the arms round his waist revealing the white fitted sleeveless undershirt he had on underneath. His right arm was on display with his permanent tattoos, whilst his left one now held all the temporary ones that various friends had made him get with them throughout the night. He had danced with Hobi, Tianna, Jimin and Taehyung, eaten and drank with Jin, Asa and Yoongi, and sang karaoke with Namjoon and Kamaiyah who were both equally as bad at each other. In between, he had mingled with his other friends and now he was back in the resting area watching the other party goers enjoy themselves. 

He looked over to where Narae was sat on the other side of the table, laughing with Asa and Yoongi about something he couldn't hear - not because he was too far away, but because he was too caught up in her to even pay attention to the words coming out of their mouths. It was like he couldn't look away even if he tried. She had done all of this, just for him.

God, I love her.

The thought scared him slightly. He hadn't fallen in love before - he had only had very brief flings and one-night stands, too focused on his career to commit to anything more permanent. But even as it scared him, he knew no other word could accurately describe what he was feeling in that very moment as he looked at her sip from her glass. 

He got up from where he was sitting to settle beside her, sliding an arm on the couch behind her back, leaning down to speak in her ear.

"Thank you so much Narae-yah." He said seriously and pressed a quick kiss to the side of her forehead before continuing, "I love it."

Jungkook had almost said I love you, but restrained himself. Now was not the time.

Narae up at him beaming, eyes shining, slightly tipsy from a few drinks, "You really do?"

"Yes of course, everything is amazing."

"Glad you like it. Happy birthday skull boy." Narae pouted her lips indicating for him to kiss her and he gladly obliged pecking her lips twice before settling back into the couch and picking up his drink to take a sip from it. She tastes like wine.

Just then, a familiar song played through the club speakers, leading Narae to turn excitedly to him.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking
I get filthy when that liquor get into me

"Fuck! This is my song! We have to dance!" She exclaimed, standing up and grabbing his hand, facing him as she walked backwards to the dance floor.

He was feeling deja vu in the familiar way she pulled him, yet this time, he was the one who was on the receiving end of her sinful gaze, a mischievous glimmer in the depths of her eyes and lips tilted in a seductive smile. He felt like he was drowning in her presence, hypnotized by her eyes.

He never wanted to come up for air.

Baby I want you now, now...

He'd follow her wherever she wanted. He was willing, borderline desperate to be killed in her embrace.

They were on the dance floor by this point, and Jungkook watched as she traced the curves of her body with her fingertips whilst she danced around in a circle before facing him and mouthing along to the words of the song.

Baby I want you

Jungkook moved closer to take her in his arms but she danced out of his reach. Not yet, she seemed to tease him by shaking her finger and winking at him.

Drunk in love...

He was drunk on her, inebriated by her merlot kisses.

He never wanted to be sober.

He wanted to continue feeling intoxicated in her presence.

Last thing I remember is our beautiful bodies grinding up in that club

She finally let him touch her, taking his hands and sliding them down from her waist to her hips before resting hers on his shoulders. He gripped her hips as if he never wanted to let go, guiding his own to match her fluid movements.

Jungkook didn't know where he was, couldn't tell his right from left, she had fucked him up so badly. It was as if they were two magnets of opposite poles - anytime their bodies disconnected, they found each other again as if bound by an outside force. She was meshed into him, like all their cells had been fused.

She still faced him, tilting her head back singing along to the song with a smile on her face, arms linked behind his neck as she swayed to the words. As the verse changed, she slipped her hands from where they lay, turning around with smooth movements and bending over, placing her hands on her thighs whilst pressing her backside against his front.

Surfboard, surfboard
Graining on that wood

She tossed her hair over her right shoulder to be able to stare directly into his eyes, sensually winding her waist, looking back at him over her shoulder through hooded eyes, biting her lip slightly as she did so. They moved in tandem, sweat dripping off Jungkooks forehead as he fought to keep himself in control. He was way past breaking point, his sanity holding on by a thread.

As Jay-Z's voice filtered through she straightened up, facing him once more laughing and rapping along to the words as if she hadn't just snatched his soul right out of his chest.

She was laughing, having the time of her life, knowing exactly what she had done to him. An succubus, a demon in an angel's body - that's what she was. As he watched her, eternal damnation had never been more tempting.

If Narae thought she could get away with her actions she was sorely mistaken. Jungkook pulled her closer, placing his lips near her ear, brushing over the soft curve, feeling her shiver slightly as he rubbed circles in skin exposed by the little cutouts by her waist. 

"You done with your little performance?"

He planted kisses behind her ear, down her neck. She tilted her head back for easier access, eyes heavy lidded, clearly enjoying his soft lips on her body as she struggled to answer his question verbally.

"I'm taking you home,"

She only nodded, unable to muster up a response more eloquent than that.

Jungkook took a quick stock of all the members' whereabouts. Namjoon and Kamaiyah had joined Asa and Yoongi on the couches whilst Jimin and Taehyung were still on the dancefloor. Jin was seated at the bar whilst Hobi was nowhere in sight, undoubtedly off somewhere with Tianna.

Satisfied with his findings, and without another word to Narae or the people who had come to celebrate with him, he left the club with Narae in tow, anticipation running through their bodies. They were about to make the lyrics a reality.

We be all night, love

✩ ✩ ✩

(cw: mild sexual content)

The ride back to his apartment was filled with feverish kisses, hands roaming and panted breaths as they got lost in the sensations of each other. The alcohol had worn off slightly and had been replaced by a sudden intensity and desire to be as close to one another as possible.

The partition was up separating them and the driver, giving them the added privacy as Narae leaned over Jungkook's body, hovering her face over his lap as she pulled the rest of the suit lower down his body.

"Narae?" Jungkook was confused by her actions, he didn't want her to feel like she had to do it just because it was his birthday – he never had and never would expect anything like that from her.

As if she could read his thoughts, she sent him a reassuring smile. She wanted to. "Just sit back and relax Koo, I've got you."

She got to work, Jungkook's hand stroking her hair softly as she did so, the gesture sweet in what was a completely erotic scene. It wasn't long before he released into her mouth with a grunt, Narae swallowing every last drop.

Wiping her lips, she sat up and smiled wickedly at Jungkook, "You okay there skull boy?"

Of course he was not okay. Jungkook was dazed and confused, unsure of what had just happened. If he had thought Narae had snatched his soul in the club when she was grinding on him, he had only just truly learnt the true meaning of the term. Narae was the definition of dangerous.

He simply nodded and pulled her to straddle his lap placing another kiss on her lips. He could taste himself on her but he didn't care, he just wanted more of everything she had to offer. He was way past gone at this point, willing to strip her naked and do her right there and then against the leather seats.

"Koo? Time to get out babe."

He hadn't registered the limousine stopping, but the absence of Narae's lips on his made him realise that something had changed.

Jungkook didn't let go of Narae and instead lifted her out, still in her position where she was straddling him. He was once again immensely grateful for the privacy and security of his apartment complex, which meant he could get to his front door without being seen by anyone. He felt like he would die if he was separated from her for even one second.

Unlocking the apartment with one hand, he pushed it open still carrying Narae, and led her to the living room. After placing her down, Jungkook sat down on the couch and watched as Narae reached behind her back to take off her costume. She bent over to take her shoes off, but Jungkook's voice stopped her.

"Keep the heels on."

Narae liked the change in his demeanour and obediently did as he commanded, leaving her in just her underwear. She enjoyed taking charge like she had in the limo, but something about Jungkook telling her what to do rubbed her the right way. Because it was such a departure from his usual character, it made him even more attractive in those moments.

"Yes, sir." She deliberately drawled out, watching his reaction intently as she walked forward to stand in between his spread legs. 

His eyes darkened at her mocking provocation as his arm darted out to pull her back on to his lap, capturing her lips in an sloppy kiss.

Jungkook moved her so she was lying down on the couch, and spread her legs so she was opened up to him. He leant down, his breath fanning her inner thighs, and pushed her panties to the side to start his own ministrations.

A few minutes later, it was Jungkook's turn to feel smug as he watched Narae come down from her orgasm, panting heavily and gripping the couch as if for some sort of anchoring.

Not that Narae had thought – or experienced – otherwise, but Jungkook really knew his way around a woman's body.

"You okay there Mofe?" Jungkook repeated her words back to her cheekily.

"I'm fine Koo." Narae managed to toss back whilst gesturing towards his crotch area,  "I think you should be more worried about that."

Narae wasn't lying. He had loved seeing her come apart at the seams, legs wrapped around his neck and head tossed back as she tugged on his hair, too lost in her pleasure to notice, and it was painfully obvious by the tent in his trousers.

"Bedroom?"

"Bedroom."

Narae squealed as he effortlessly scooped her up again, throwing her over his shoulder and slapping her ass as he made his way to the bedroom. On the way, she managed to kick off her heels, hearing them thud against the floor but not caring where they ended up.

He kicked the door open and placed her lightly on the king-sized bed before settling over her, resting on his forearms with his head positioned above her chest area.

He looked up at her as she stroked his hair away from his face, a fond smile on her face as she analysed his features. Jungkook did the same, taking in every detail of her face that was illuminated by the moonlight streaming in from the window. Narae really was beautiful on a different level.

"Thank you Narae for today, I really mean it. It was the best birthday I could have ever asked for. Thank you so much nae sarang."

Narae's eyes widened at the new endearment before a soft smile full of affection filled her face, "Happy Birthday Jungkook."

Jungkook moved up so their faces were aligned and sweetly kissed her again whilst she caressed his face. Narae felt her heart soar at the simple interactions, her body overflowing with love for the man before her. The words slipped out before she could stop them, "I love you."

His heart stilled, then continued beating impossibly fast at her words. Of course she beaten him to it.

The mood had shifted from the intense vibe on the couch to something purer, more gentle and quietly intimate. The remainder of Jungkook's clothes were removed as they made the night theirs, moments belonging only to them and not shared by anyone else. As their bodies intertwined, they got lost in each other, soft whispers of sweet nothings punctuating their movements.  

As they reached their second climax together, Jungkook captured her lips with a tender kiss, murmuring against her lips the words that were now hers, and hers only for the rest of eternity.

"I love you too."

━━━━༻˚✩‧₊☽₊‧✩˚༺━━━━

a/n: fun fact, I wrote about 80% of this chapter back in january lol

anyway, im logging out now bc yh. it wasn't even that smutty but yh 😭😭

~ zookie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 222 19
Taehyung - I don't know what's love is.... but i want you🔥❤🔥 . . . . Jungkook - Will you love me? will you stay with me forever.....💜✨️ . . . . T...
116K 2.8K 32
[COMPLETED] Married to the guy known to be golden. Jungkook and Haeun are secretly married to each other. She hated it but because it was a deal that...
168K 4.7K 61
She went to another country to build her career. But she doesn't know about her encounter with the superstar. He is a superstar, a sensational singe...
43.8K 1.2K 35
Tessa lives in a world where soulmates aren't just a romantic saying, they're part of her reality. Everyone has a soulmate but not everyone finds the...