Invisible Things (Hermione Gr...

By THE_SHIP_SHALL_SAIL

"It's the invisible things, Granger. Like the way I feel when you smile that smile that leaves me like a flut... More

Year 1: Philosopher's Stone
Chapter One: The Story Begins
Chapter Two: First Classes
Chapter Three: Rivalry
Chapter Four: Detention
Chapter Five: The Trapdoor
Year 2: Chamber Of Secrets
Chapter One: Family Troubles
Chapter Two: Pixie Trouble
Chapter Three: The Heir
Chapter Four: Dobby's Visit
Chapter Five: Best Friend
Chapter Six: Petrified
Chapter Seven: The Chambers
Year 3: Prisoner Of Azkaban
Chapter One: Dementors
Chapter Two: Buckbeak
Chapter Three: Lion
Chapter Four: Realizations
Chapter Five: Scabbers
Chapter Six: Rescue Mission
Year 4: Goblet Of Fire
Chapter One: The Attack
Chapter Two: Unforgivable Curses
Chapter Three: Eternal Glory
Chapter Four: Butterflies
Chapter Six: Prince And Princess
Chapter Seven: Bath Time
Chapter Eight: The Black Lake
Chapter Nine: Into The Graveyard
Goblet Of Fire: Bloopers and Behind
Year 5: Order Of The Phoenix
Chapter One: Pink
Chapter Two: Punishment
Chapter Three: Recruitment
Chapter Four: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter Five: Flirting
Chapter Six: Truth Serum
Chapter Seven: Prophecies
Order Of The Phoenix: Bloopers and Behind
Year 6: Half-Blood Prince
Chapter One: Unbreakable Vow
Chapter Two: Choosing Sides
Chapter Three: Lost
Chapter Four: Family
Chapter Five: For Eternity
Chapter Six: Slughorn's Dinner Party
Chapter Seven: Trust
Chapter Eight: Moonlight
Chapter Nine: Without Her
Chapter Ten: Studying
Year 1: Chapter One (Rewrite)

Chapter Five: Battling Dragons

5.9K 233 102
By THE_SHIP_SHALL_SAIL

"You cheat, Potter." A student wearing a moving badge spat out.

Y/N and Harry were walking through the halls together. It was no secret that all the other houses had turned against Harry. Even Y/N was now getting a bit of hate, though only from the Hufflepuff students.

"Are you sure we should tell him?" Y/N questioned Harry's intentions.

"Yeah, it would only be fair." Harry answered, trying his best to ignore all the rude comments the students made.

"Fair? Nothing about this contest is fair, Harry." Y/N argued, not really wanting to tell Cedric about the dragons.

"We're the youngest competitors. Cedric hasn't done anything for us, why should we help him?"

"It's not about repaying someone, Y/N." Harry walked faster, swinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Harry, we're already being underestimated, we need to take advantage of what we know." Y/N groaned, chasing after him.

"Like the badge?" Two Hufflepuff students blocked Y/N and Harry's paths.

"Shame, you're not on it, Malfoy. All Slytherin's are the same after all. Cheating to get all the glory." Another one spat out.

"Scared your beloved Cedric will be beaten by two 14 year olds?" Y/N pocketed his hands, walking up to the taller and older student with a smirk.

"Well, I-" The boy dressed in yellow stuttered.

"Thought so, move over." Y/N pushed past them.

Harry muttered a quick sorry to the two students that obviously tried to bully them before following after Y/N. Even a charming prince can lose their patience.

"Harry. Y/N." Cedric greeted upon seeing the two.

"Hey! Read the badge, Potter!" One of the boys Cedric was hanging out with laughed.

"I will seriously shove that badge up your a-" 

"Hey, Y/N." A shy voice cut Y/N's threat off.

Y/N turned to see two Hufflepuff students, blushing at the sight of him. Y/N sighed, flashing them a small smile, making them giggle. 

"Can we have a word?" Y/N turned his attention to Cedric as fast as he could.

"Alright." Cedric said, standing up to follow him and Harry.

"You stink Potter!" Cedric's friends continued to mock Harry as they pulled Cedric away.

"Alright. Hermione told me to think before I act." Y/N said while rolling his sleeves up.

"Okay?" Harry raised an eyebrow at the boy who stopping in his tracks.

"So I thought about it really hard and I'm confident in my decision to silence Cedric's friends." Y/N finished.

"Y/N don't!" Harry exclaimed, holding Y/N's arm tightly.

"Dragons. That's the first task." Harry turned to the now confused Cedric.

"They've got once for each of us."

"Come on, Ced!" Cedric's friends called out to him.

"Are you serious?" Cedric's mouth dropped.

Harry nodded, letting go of Y/N who clicked his tongue, turning to face Cedric once more.

"And... Fleur and Krum, do they...?"

"Yes." Harry replied as Y/N pocketed his hands once more.

"Come on, Ced. Leave him. He's not worth it." Cedric's friends yelled at him once more.

"About the badges and insults. I've asked them to stop it but..."

"Don't worry about it." Harry interrupted Cedric, just wanting to leave already.

Just then, they overheard Ron and Seamus talking. Y/N and Harry instantly stormed up to them.

"You're a right foul git, you know that?" Harry spat.

"You think so?" Ron spat back, glaring down at the shorter boy.

"We know so. I mean, who doesn't?" Y/N backed Harry up.

"You don't have the rights to say anything, Malfoy." Ron glared at him.

"And why is that, may I ask?" Y/N walked in front of Harry before crossing his arms and leaning against a pillar.

"You're a Slytherin, you're all the same. You obviously helped Harry to put your names in the goblet. Why do I have to be the villain now?" Ron argued, staring into Y/N's eyes, hoping to see a sliver of fear.

"I don't know. Why am I the handsome one? We all have our differences." Y/N stood his ground.

Ron opened his mouth to speak but quickly shut it before shoving past Harry, leaving.

"Why so tense, Potter?" Draco called out from a tree.

"My father and I have a bet you see. I don't think you're gonna last 10 minutes in this tournament."

Draco jumped down to join his Slytherin friends.

"He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five." Draco chuckled.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy!" Harry exclaimed, shoving Draco.

"Y/N, hold your dog back." Draco chuckled, shoving Harry back.

"Just leave him alone, Draco." Y/N sighed, pulling Harry back.

"I need to talk to you."

Y/N let go of Harry before wrapping his arm around his brother's shoulders much like how he usually does with Hermione.

"Yeah, take your pathetic brother." Harry spat out before walking away.

"Harry, just cause you're my friend, doesn't mean I'm letting you insult my brother." Y/N lazily defended his brother before leading Draco off into a more secluded area.

"I don't know why you hang out with Potter and his friends-"

"Any news from mother and father?" Y/N sighed, cutting Draco off.

"Why do you always avoid that topic-"

"Draco, news?" Y/N cut him off once more.

Draco sighed before straightening his robes.

"Mother's furious. She argued with father about the competition." Draco started, recalling what he had read from the letters.

Y/N was mostly distant from his parents whenever they were at Hogwarts while Draco was in constant contact.

"And?" Y/N prompted him to continue.

"Father convinced her to let it go. He believes you'd win and bring 'glory' to our family." Draco looked down at his shoes.

"But Y/N if there's a way to get you out of it-"

"There isn't." Y/N sighed, looking away.

"Then at least promise you'll try to be safe." Draco held out his pinky in front of Y/N.

"What are we? Still 10?" Y/N chuckled but pinky promised him either way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your attention, please." Dumbledore's faint voice echoed through the whole field.

"This is a great day for all of us."

"You alright, Harry?" Y/N asked the shaking boy as he put his hoodie on.

"Just nervous." Harry replied, a bit out of breath.

"You'll be fine, you've practiced this spell with Hermione more times than Ronald can count." Y/N said, backing up against the cloth of the tent.

"Psst!" Someone called out.

"Harry. I think the wall can talk." Y/N jumped slightly, staring at it.

Harry was too busy worrying to hear Y/N, pacing back and forth around the tent.

"Psst!" The voice called out again.

Y/N warily walked towards the opening of the tent before leaning his ear against it.

"Y/N, it's me you bloody idiot." Y/N heard a familiar voice that instantly wiped all of his worries away.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N questioned the girl.

For someone who hated breaking the rules, she sure did it a lot.

"I'm worried." Hermione said with a soft voice that almost broke.

"I've only been helping Harry and-"

"Come on, Granger." Y/N chuckled.

"As if you don't know me already, you should be more worried about the dragon."

Hermione went quiet for a while before squealing and pushing through the tent's cloth and wrapping her arms tightly around Y/N. Y/N hugged back tightly before hearing a camera's flash, making the two instantly seperate.

"Young love!" Rita exclaimed.

"How... stirring."

Y/N took a good look at Hermione, with her being his only concern at the moment. Her hair was tied into two messy braids, wearing a thick turtle neck with a green overcoat. Green suited her really nicely.

"If everything goes unfortunately today... you two may even make the front page." Rita walked up to the two.

"You have no business here. This tent is for champions..." Viktor spat, walking up to Rita.

"...and friends."

Rita stood still, not knowing what to say. 

"No matter. We've got what we wanted." She kept her fake smile before leaving.

"For someone who looks like a thumb, I suppose he is tolerable." Y/N whispered to Hermione, earning himself a light smack on the shoulder.

"Sorry."

"Good day, Champions. Gather round please." Dumbledore emerged from the entrance of the tent.

Y/N pulled Hermione to the side, allowing Dumbledore and the other headmaster's to enter.

"Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate. What are you doing here, Miss Granger?"

"Oh, uhm. Sorry, I'll just go." Hermione tried to leave but was stopped by Y/N's hand clutching hers.

Dumbledore seemed to take notice of the two's closeness.

"It's alright, Miss Granger. I suppose you can stay a while longer." He smiled gently at the two.

"Barty, the bag."

"Champions, in a circle around me." Crouch instructed, moving them all around.

"Miss Delacour, over here. Mr. Krum. And, Potter, Mr. Potter, over here. Y/N stay right there, that's right. Now..." He opened the bag before facing towards Fleur.

"...Miss Delacour, if you will."

Fleur dug her head into the bag that seemed to smoke, flinching a bit before pulling out a small green dragon.

"A Welsh Green. Mr. Krum."

Viktor dug his hand into the bag more confidently than Fleur, taking out a small red dragon.

"The Chinese Fireball. Oooh." 

Krum then turned to Cedric, allowing him to pick out his dragon which was yellow in colour.

"The Swedish Short-Snout."

It was Harry's turn now. He flinched when he dug his head in before pulling out a spiked dragon.

"The Hungarian Horntail. Which leaves..."

He turned to Y/N, letting him pick out his dragon. Y/N felt there to be a few more dragons left in the bag before pulling out a random one. It was a copper-coloured dragon about half of the size of Harry's dragon and smooth in contrast to the spikes of his.

"This has got to be a sick joke." Y/N muttered, instantly identifying the dragon that tried to peck at his fingers.

Both Hermione and Dumbledore's expressions went dim upon identifying the dragon.

"Peruvian Vipertooth. The smallest and fastest dragon, known to have a craving for humans..." Crouch gulped.

Y/N felt Hermione's hand tighten around his as Crouch spoke. Even the other champions looked to be concerned for him.

"These represent five very real dragons... each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple: Collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?"

"Y/N, if you get eaten, I will seriously never forgive you." Hermione threatened Y/N with a shaky voice.

"I'm too hot to die, Granger." Y/N gave her a wink before she turned to leave.

Y/N's hand remained locked with Hermione's until he couldn't reach anymore, a soft worried smile appeared on her face as she exited the tent.

"Very well. Good luck, champions." Dumbledore said.

"Mr. Diggory, at the sound of the cannon, you may-"

Dumbledore was cut off by the cannon, shaking the whole tent up and raising cheers from the crowds. They chanted Cedric's name as he exited.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Four of our champions have now faced their dragons... and so each one of them will proceed to the next task." Dumbledore's voice echoed.

The champions weren't allowed to watch each other's battles leaving Y/N to be alone inside the tent. Y/N sighed in relief upon hearing that Harry had succeeded but his worry never fell. He was about to face possibly the most dangerous dragon out of all of them.

"And now our fifth and final contestant."

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" The students cheered the handsome blonde on as he emerged from a small cave.

The crowd instantly went quiet as Y/N's eyes darted around the rocky terrain, waiting for Y/N's next move. 

Y/N finally spotted the egg, taking a big gulp before running towards it when the dragon finally appeared. It seemed to come out of nowhere, biting at Y/N who instantly dove out of the way, effectively scaring the crowd too but Y/N had no time to focus on everyone. He had to figure out how to get to the egg.

Y/N held his hand tightly, getting up as fast as he could, dodging another bite from the dragon. The dragon seemed to underestimate Y/N, not moving around at it's fastest which gave him a huge advantage. The dragon roared in frustration, drool dripping out of it's mouth as it eyed Y/N.

"If I die before getting to tell Hermione how I feel, I'm going to be seriously pissed." Y/N cursed, running off one more, following the walls of the grounds.

The dragon blew out flames at Y/N while flying to chase him which Y/N effectively avoided by doing a combat roll and turning into the same ball of light blue lightning, dashing forwards away from the flames.

After the flames of the dragon had died down, Y/N instantly turned around to attack, sending balls of blue flames at it but the dragon was faster, dodging every spell that Y/N threw at it. He searched through his brain, thinking of any spell he might be able to use but was cut off by the dragon launching at him again.

"Bloody hell!" Y/N cursed, tumbled along the rocks.

"Accio!" Y/N casted just as the dragon's jaw reached around his face.

Y/N struggled against the dragon who fought back against his magic, the two left in a power struggle. Luckily, Y/N managed to throw the dragon back a bit, allowing him to stand once more. 

"Confringo!" Y/N made the dragon fly back even more, aggravating it further.

It shook it's head before flying towards Y/N at great speed. 

"Glacius!" The spell froze the dragon in place but only for a few seconds, letting the dragon attack Y/N, pushing him down while accidentally flying too fast due to the spell, making it crash into the wall.

"Accio!" Y/N casted once more, lifting the dragon while it was still recovering.

"Flipendo!" He sent the dragon flying towards the wall once more before taking off.

Y/N took this chance to run towards the egg. The dragon took a while to recompose itself, only taking off after Y/N once he was only a few meters away from the egg. The dragon quickly flew at Y/N, tackling him over, making him drop his wand. The dragon flew past Y/N by accident once more, due to it's high speeds.

"Caerula Vincula!" Y/N casted with his hand, making light blue chains made out of lightning form around the dragon.

Y/N concentrated on holding the dragon in place as it struggled against his hold, roaring and blowing flames all over. Y/N brought his fingers to his mouth, using it to whistle while his other hand controlled the chains.

"Kai!" Y/N called out for his phoenix who instantly appeared out of nowhere, burning brightly.

Without communicating, Kai flew around the dragon, gaining it's attention which allowed Y/N to let the chains go. The dragon chased after Kai, having a battle of speed while Y/N searched for his wand as fast as he could.

Y/N finally found his wand, searching the skies to see Kai and the dragon blowing flames at each other.

"Kai!" Y/N yelled out once more, signaling for the phoenix to fly towards him.

Kai screeched before doing so, with the dragon flying off behind him. Y/N pointed his wand into the sky, allowing lightning to form around the tip of his wand before waving it towards the dragon, striking it with a strong bolt of lightning before falling down from the air.

Y/N quickly ran towards the egg, grabbing it before collapsing onto the ground. He had successfully defeated a dragon. Kai disappeared into blue flames after finishing his job.

The crowds began to cheer, with Hermione being the loudest at Y/N's victory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" The Slytherin's cheered, carrying Y/N across their common room.

"I knew you'd do it!" Draco exclaimed with proud, watching his brother.

"Wanna do the honors?" Y/N smiled, tossing the golden egg over to him.

Draco happily did so, expecting it to have a piece of parchment which would hold a clue but instead it screeched really loudly, causing the older Slytherin boys to drop Y/N. Draco quickly shut it, making the whole room go silent.

"Well." Y/N breathed out, clutching his head.

"That's... interesting."

"You're doomed." Draco sighed, handing the egg back to Y/N.

"You sure that egg isn't faulty?" Blaise questioned, patting Y/N on the back.

Y/N sighed, holding the egg tight. He'd have to ask Harry if his egg did the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you're telling me, the eggs are supposed to screech at us?" Harry groaned, sitting on a long bench.

Y/N sighed, leaning back against the wall. Apparently, Harry had the same idea to go and find him along with Hermione. The two Gryffindor's sat on either side of him, with Hermione leaning her head against Y/N's shoulder as she usually did.

"I'll help you both figure it out. You know I will." Hermione did her best to reassure them.

"Ginger approaching." Y/N sighed upon seeing Ron who awkwardly made his way towards them.

"Go on, you two." Hermione pushed the two boys to stand up.

"Talk to him."

Y/N and Harry did as she said, standing up to greet Ron who had arrived in front of them.

"I reckon you have to be barking mad to put your own names in the Goblet of Fire." Ron spoke up.

The two boys however were not impressed.

"Caught on, have you?" Harry said sarcastically.

"Took you long enough."

"I wasn't the only one who thought you'd done it." Ron racked up excuses as usual.

"Everyone was saying it behind your back."

"Come on, Ronald. As if I don't know all the rumors that goes around." Y/N spat, looking the boy in the eyes.

"You're our friend. The best you could've done was shown some loyalty."

"At least I warned you about the dragons." Ron spoke up once more, refusing to let the words come straight out of his mouth.

"Hagrid warned us about the dragons." Harry corrected.

"No, no, no, I did." Ron argued.

Y/N rolled his eyes. This boy did not know how to say sorry.

"Don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you... that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along."

"Ronald, I know you're trying to apologize but that still makes Hagrid the one who warned us about the dragons..." Y/N raised an eyebrow at him.

"It doesn't matter. I still thought we'd all be alright, you know... after you'd figured that out." Ron's gaze fell down, fiddling with his hands.

"I suppose I was a bit distraught."

"Didn't you always seem to be against me?" Y/N questioned him.

"I've always respected you, Y/N." Ron defended, wanting his two friends back.

"Right... Well..." Y/N sighed, wanting the drama to be over with.

"I've... tolerated you."

"Boys..." Hermione looked up to them with disbelief but was finally happy they were getting along again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sorry guys, I can't make them kiss yet. I have no drama in my life and it's so boring so I have to make my own drama D:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 92 36
Yn Malfoy is draco Malfoy's sister and she is coming to Hogwarts but she is different she has a secret that can get people killed and she gets take...
346K 11.6K 16
"You know what Potter... I think I'll take that offer," Draco began, walking closer towards me, backing me against the wall. "Wait, really?" I looked...
896 25 13
"Good Morning, Malfoy." She stuttered, giving him a side eye. "Oh, not so fast. Where are you headed to, Granger?" He pulled her gently by the collar...
323 55 16
PAUSED... WILL BE CONTINUED WHEN I COMPLETE "JINXED BY A CRAZY LOVE" OR WHEN I GET A NICE PLOT!!! Who said twins are identical in everything?...... ...