That's What The Baddest Do...

By TheNotoriousPotato

Zaun was not a place that could give you an ideal living, Y/N knew that. How? The moment he lost his parents... More

A Little Note Before The Journey.
Prologue.
Chapter 2 - Mic Drop.
Chapter 3 - Weight-In.
Chapter 4 - Lies, Worry and... Evelynn.
Chapter 5 - Life brings people together in mysterious ways.
Chapter 6 - First Listen, and . . .
Chapter 7 - A cigar for the stress...
Chapter 8 - Some wounds can not be mended.
Chapter 9 - Face To Face After So Long.
Chapter 10 - The First Date.

Chapter 1 - Make Or Break.

1.3K 33 4
By TheNotoriousPotato

                                                                                          Y/N's POV

Ultimately this what it all comes down to this. Make or Break. Either walk out a champion with a ticket to a better future or walk out a loser, without a championship and with shame chasing shortly after you. 

Sitting on a stool i am looking down at my fists as i wrap the tape around them tightly, leaving little space for them to make loose movements. Something that can be punished in the ring. The music of my oponent is playing in the background but i pay little to no attention to it as my mind just wanders off once again. 

This is starting to annoy me, no matter what i do i always seem to get lost in the past.

                                                                           3rd Person POV

"You just won your first professional match!" 

A boy with white hair shouted as he threw his fist in the air triumphantly. Y/N could only lean against the cage of the ring trying to catch his breath as the refs were checking on his oponent who was passed out on the mat. 

Loads of red stains painted the white canvas that many called a ring, in some sick and twisted way what happened in the ring was art, just, in its own way. 

"You were so amazing, for a second there i thought he had you! Literally, he had you against the cage and then in a matter of seconds you just put him in a guillotine and next thing we knew is he faded!" 

The shorter boy said sounding exstatic as he threw his arms in the air while talking mimicking what happened in the best of his ability. 

"Thank you Little Man, for being here. Means a lot." 

The fighter told the young one as he took off his gloves and put a hand on the dark skinned male. Giving him a smile trying to hide his blooded teeth. 

                                                                             Y/N's POV

"You should have been here little man. . ." 

I whispered underneath my breath while taking in a large breath causing my shoulders to rise up before falling back down after i exhale. 

"But you made your choice." 

With that i feel a hand on my shoulder, turning my gaze i come face to face with one member of my training team. He gived my a nod which means its time. Without wasting time i push myself up and put my mouthguard in before slipping on my red gloves. 

These were the one's i wore the first time i stepped foot in an actual boxing ring and for the first few months before saving up enough money to buy a new pair. It was a dream to one day be able to afford on my own a pair of boxing gloves, and the fulfilment i felt that day can never be topped. 

And now here i stand staring at the same gloves that i used to 'punch' my way into the business, literally and metaphorically. Then, with a swift motion i slip my towel around my neck as my music started playing. 

Standing before the cuirtain there are a lot of feelings going on in my mind. Placing the belt around my waist i take one final breath before walking through the cloth, the crowd going wild as cheers filled the thick air inside the arena.

My eyes are glued to the floor, not wanting to lose my focus, i don't know who can be in the stands, not like i care really.

                                                                                  3rd Person POV

Stepping in the ring he unbuckled the title as he held it tightly in his hands, the silver material used to craft it was heavy, some could say he build muscle from carrying it around for so long. And maybe they are right. 

After the anouncer introduced the oponent who got a relatively big amount of cheers from the crown he then pointed at Y/N. 

"And in this corner, straight from the Undercity! Having a score 24-1 in the company! He weighs 185lbs! THE UNDERCITY CHAMPION . . . Y/N L/N!" 

The crowd roared in reaction to the introduction of who many thought was the best to ever step foot in a ring, a generational talent and such. Y/N lifted the title up in the air as he looked around the arena taking in the atmosphere. The people seemed to be behind him on this one. They wanted a show 

                                                                                                         .         .         .

                                                                               And he never dissapoints.

As the referee motioned for the two men to walk close to him the man proceeded to explain the rules and ask for a fair match. The oponent raised his fist forward and Y/N gave him a fist bump, an act of respect. 

The bell rings and all the smiles dissapear, now this is business, this is real . . . this is war. 

Y/N ducked under a right hand from the other male and tried to land a body shot only to get half the impact he wished he would have gotten. Seeing his oponent quick to react with a knee to his mid section he moved his right leg a bit out and brought down his right elbow to block the knee succesfully. 

Quickly enough he grabbed the enemy's leg and swept him off his feet getting into a full-guard position over the other male.

Throwing a few jabs at his oponents face just to make it harder for him to focus, Y/N moved into a half-guard moving his left next to his oponents ribs and his right in between his legs.

Now, the enemy managed to hit two shots on Y/N's jaw momentarily stopping him from moving forward but it was not enough to stop him permanently. 

With explosive speed Y/N grabbed his oponent's right arm and pulled it into an arm-bar. Not getting the full effect of it though because he hated to admit, but the other fighter was smart too. He held his arm in place wiht all his might not wanting to let Y/N get in full control as if he did, then the match would be over from the first round.

After fifteen seconds Y/N managed to break the male's hold and pull the arm all the way back hearing a crack in response from the limb and a scream of agony from the person that the arm belonged to. 

As his hand almost touched the mat to tap out due to the immense pain of the submission hold the bell rang. 

                                                                          The first round was over.

                                                                                         Y/N's POV

I walked towards my corner to see my team waiting for me eagerly. 

Fucking bell i almost had the fucker.

"Great job!" 

My trainer told me as i glared at him while another guy placed a bag of ice cubes against my reddened cheek, courtesy of the two punches i recieved while trying to lock in the arm-bar. But in the end it was worth due to all the damage that was dealt to his arm. 

"Great job? It would have been a great job if he tapped out, i took too long." 

I said while a third guy now came and placed a cold bottle of water against my bruised lips for me to shake into my mouth and then spit it back out into a dirty bucket we had. The coldness was indeed refreshing despite the damage inflicted upon me. 

"Look at it another way Y/N, he didn't tap out but you might have rendered his right hand useless. Or at least its a lot more easy to deal with him now especially because his good arm is the right one." 

I nod before sipping more water and spitting it back out. I use my glove covered hand to move the ice pack a little bit down, on the side of my chin to dull the pain. 

                                                                                       The bell rings. 

                                                                                          3rd POV

Walking in the middle of the ring both fighters touch gloves again, Y/N took notice of the hard time his oponent had lifting his right arm up. He wanted to target the limb, tap out or TKO, it didn't matter to him as long as he wins. 

Bringing his hands up Y/N tried protecting the place the most damage has been done, his face. The other guy tried his hardest to find an opening only for Y/N to capitalise kicking him just over his knee cap hard making the guy lose his balance. 

Rushing over to the male's side he punches the guys head three times making the guy try to block the fourth one that never came. Pulling his arm between his legs Y/N put all his weight back making the guys arm bend backwards, almost in an unatural position. 

Y/N is not one to give much credit to his oponents but this one was durable, he tried to salvage the situation only for Y/N to pull even further back making his back arch as his oponent quickly tapped out. 

The champion wasted zero time on releasing the dude as he practically threw the limb back at the person that it belonged to before pushing himself on his feet seeing his team rush toward him. 

Even in this moment, a moment of complete triumph, he didn't flash a smile. Not even for a moment. 

                                                                                         Y/N's POV

Practically spitting my mouthguard out i then recieve help from one of my guys to help remove the gloves from my hand. 

I watch as my oponents training team rushes into the mat and pulls him over to the side to attent to any wounds/injuries they could. 

I raise an eye brow before walking over to the referee and we wait for the anouncer to get in the ring at the other fighter to get on his feet and stand on the other side of the referee.

Once that was done the anouncer brought the mic up inches away from his lips before taking  a breath to start talking. 

"Fine Folks, the contest came to an end 2 minutes into the second round of the match due to a Sumbission. And the winner  .  .  . The Grandmaster Y/N L/N!!!" 

The crowd roars once against while the ref raises my hand high in the air while my music starts playing in the background which we can barely hear over the wild crowd.

Once both my arms are high up in the air the anouncer comes behind me and pulls the belt over my waist before buckling it into place and then moving next to me ready for the usual after match interview. 

"Y/N what a crazy night and what a crazy finish to get your 25th win in your career in the company. What are you thoughts on that?" 

I bring an arm up and scratch the back of my neck before sliding it upwards and run it through my H/C hair.

"My thoughts on that huh?" 

I say taking a deep breath finally reaching a reasonable breathing tempo to speak like a normal human being and not a shimmer addict.

"My thoughts are that, i delivered on what i said. That day i lost, i said- no, i promised it would be the only defeat i'd have under my belt." 

I sigh as i realise what i just said... <<promise>> the thought of that word almost brought a chuckle to me.

"And i don't break my promises, under any circumstances."

He nods quickly before bringing the mic over at his side once again ready to spill the next question. 

"I can't help but talk about the rumors going around that your time here might be coming to an end. Anything to add to that?" 

I grab the mic pulling it towards my side as i look at him slightly. 

"The rumors? I don't care about rumors Jim. I know what is going on in my personal life and if anything happens you all will know about it once the time is right and when i feel like i want to let you all know." 

With a nod i realise that was the final question and i give the microphone back to him while walking away with my team. 

As i'm walking through the ramp i look around me and raise my hands one last time, since this might be the last time i actually get to do something like this for the people of Zaun. 

After getting a good shower to get the blood off of me i try and dry my hair with a clean towel only to hear the door of my locker open. 

"What do you want Mark?" 

I ask not even feeling the slightest need to turn around and face the man that i appointed as my manager. 

"I got good news for you..." 

I raise my eye brow at his while putting the now wet towel to the side before slipping on a fresh cleaned shirt.  That's when it hit me, the RMMA. I was so caught up in all the thoughts that i completely forgot about them and a potential contract.

Mark taking notice that i understood what he meant only motions for me to follow him.

Upon reaching a secluded room in the back of the arena i come face to face with four people sitting around a table.

"Y/N. Mark." 

One said as he stood up and shook both our hands. 

"I believe you already are aware of what this is." 

The same man adds before sliding a folder on the table i take it and look through it at what mattered the most, paychecks, bonuses, sponsor deals available, and anything extra. Seemingly happy with what they were offering i pass the paper onto Mark who would go through the more 'boring' stuff on the contract as i shifted my attnetion back to the ment infront of me.

"You sure ain't a talker eh?" 

Asking me i frown before shifting uncomfortably in my seat. 

"Not much." 

I reply simply before he sighs and continues.

"Well people like those who let their actions speak louder but still, you will need to cut promos. Confront people. Words will be necessary sometimes." 

He said as i noticed that Mark was on the last page.

"Then i will speak." 

I simply retort and cross my arms as Mark sets down the paper and nods to me that everything is fine. By the looks of it it was more than fine. 

He then hands my a pen that he took out of his pocket and then i sign the paper.

"Welcome to the RMMA. I'm sure you will do wonders." 

The man says as he takes the paper back and leaves a copy of it for me to take with me. 

"We will be in contact with your manager for everything else and your move in Piltover." 

I slightly nod before getting up from the uncomfortable seat only to be stopped by one comment. 

"You will also have to relinquish your title unfortunately." 

Of course i do, i saw that coming. Not even looking back at them i walk out of the room to adress the matter as soon as possible so i can get the fuck  out of here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.6K 2.9K 39
- Y/N is an archivist, scratch that, an "information artist", and he likes to believe he's cursed, cursed with bad luck, resulting in the constant la...
8.7K 490 7
REWRITTEN INTO SKYVIEW DISCONTINUED As CEO of the famous record company UAM Entertainment, (Y/N) (L/N) had it all. Good looks, money, and all the pow...
37.6K 851 22
Y/n grew up in the underground. Where he lived in a constant state of fear and survival. Never knowing where his next meal would be coming from. His...
44.6K 1K 43
-You are Y/N L/N, some people call you a psychopath, some people call you their savior, while others may just call you a profitable business partner...