Ephemera

By stellarflower-

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown" Ephemera: Nothing is permanent, flowers that bloomed will die in a... More

||Prologue||
||Aesthetics||
Inferno
Veneer of Bravery
Hope for the Hopeless
Perfect Little Accident
Tears Don't Fall
Hairbrush?
Eternally yours
Devika's 'mint kheer'
Love hurts
Betrayed and broken
Broken trust
Author's note
All is Lost
Yudhishthira's letter
Dilemma
Doors of life
New day
I have some questions
Towards
Family Time
Traumatic night
Issues
Fire
Tragic news
Hidimb and Hidimba
Hidden truths
Birth
Calm Before Storm
Fire borns
Moments to treasure
Twist in the Tale
Wrenched heart
Reunion
Note
Her swayamvar
Entrance
Time for truth
Insecurities
Serendipity
Divulgence
New cover
Review
Barren
Elysian
Unfaithful
Cadaver
Tranquil
Veer Sodari
Xenization
The Great Prank
Catharsis
Sweet Bliss
Dreadful
Sovereign
Love Story
Strike One, Down
The last dinner
Journey to Hastinapur
Indelible recollections
The First Dice is Cast
Why?
Trick to Tease
"Won"
Ambrosia
Her Leash
From Consecrated to Cursed
What?
Star crossed
On your own
Flaring the fire
Darkness Ascends
Veil Of Secrets
Little Brain, Big Doubt
Philosophy of Curses
50K Reads!
Peek A Boo

Erstwhile

344 18 31
By stellarflower-

I am extremely sorry for the delay in the update.

Target for this update- 25 votes and 100 comments

I shall only update once the target is reached.

~~~~~~~~

The duties of the household increased drastically after the rajsuya yagya. Now a days, they all rarely got time to be with each other. Karn's children were sent to gurukul and his youngest daughter, became extremely attached to the pandavas. Prativindhya, a few months old baby was usually with his mother, requiring her complete attention.

The kaunteyas usually had their breakfast in bed, then they headed straight for the court, the only place they actually saw each other even though it was as emperor and his officials.

Today they 5 had gotten time to finally sit and talk to each other. They were talking about the multiple futile attempts made by duryodhan in the recent months to build a similar palace.

"He'll just drain the coffers of Hastinapur," Arjun said, "and then burden the people with unjust taxes."

"Maybe they'll get so fed up, they'll rebel and depose him," Bheem said.

"Maybe they'll set up one of his saner younger brothers to become crown prince," Nakul said.

"No chance of that!" Sahadev cried. "You know how blindly our revered uncle dotes on Duryodhan."

"Uncle would never remove duryodhan from the crown prince position, I have knows both of the, plus shakuni would never let it happen." Karn said.

The five of them guffawed on it until Yudishthira finally put an end to it.

Yudhishthira's pov

One question has haunted me from my marriage with Draupadi, Even when Draupadi was with me, I felt deep in my heart that she had not come to me actually. I wanted to ask her a question, 'You had love for Arjuna, admiration for Bheema and affectionfor the twins. What did you have for me, Draupadi?' I knew it was not easy for her to answer and I never had the courage. This question exposed all my insecurities about her. We have a child but we don't have the affection a husband and wife share.

One day I was desperate to ask her that. There was no one around. I suddenly grabbed her by the left arm and pulled her into our armory. She was extremely surprised to find me in an absolutely different mood. I never took the lead in our relation, it was always her. I locked the door of the room from inside and walked towards her—not to make love but to get a clear, bold answer from her! She was feeling uncomfortable, if not scared. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Who could it be?

I had prepared myself since our marriage to ask this question, but I never had the courage. Angry, I flung open the door. It was Arjuna! He had to enter our room to take weapons for helping some poor Brahmins whose cattle had been taken away by some dacoits. We had stipulated separate times for five brothers to have Draupadi's exclusive company. It had been agreed upon that while one brother would spend time with Draupadi, others were not to invade their privacy under any circumstance. Anybody failing to observe the rule was to be punished—and the punishment was as harsh as an exile for twelve years! I knew Arjuna had no intention to disturb us and he bravely put the ideology of a true Kshatriya above any fear of punishment. Moreover, it was my mistake to choose a place like the weapon room for private talks. I was genuinely ready to forgive him, but the righteous Arjuna was too adamant to accept my clemency and imposed the exile on himself. He was away from Draupadi and us for twelve long years.

That question remained unasked. I cannot tell how my other four brothers felt about this marriage; but for me it was something like being fastened to a burning pyre that scorched me throughout my life, disallowing me even the liberty to free myself into death. I suspect that the marriage was not as difficult for them.

I never got my answer and made her hate me even more, and now my darling brother was estranged from all of us because of me. I can never do something right. Can I?

~~~~~~~~~,

Arjun's exile was almost at the end, he had taken up 2 more wives so far in his exile, ulupi and chitrangada.

Draupadi sighed as she went through the letter which had been sent from arjuna about his most recent wedding.

Flashback

Arjuna was plunged in indecision, wondering whether to return to Manalur: for, he loved Chitrasena's daughter Chitrangadaa.

Finally, the Pandava went back to Manalur and sought audience with the king. Chitrasena received the handsome young rishi with joy. Arjuna was quiet for a moment, then, said, "My lord, I am not who you think I am. I am Pandu and Kunti's son Arjuna."

Chitrasena rose in amazement. Arjuna said, "I left here to test myself: if what I had begun to feel in your palace was mere fancy or something more..."

The king was a shrewd man and guessed what he meant. "And you found your heart didn't allow you to remain away?"

"I love your daughter and want to marry her."

"Which father would refuse to give his daughter to the great arjuna?"

~~~~'

Krishna grew restless. He rose and paced the room; often going to the windows that looked out at the lashing storm outside. Satyabhama lay quiescent, watching him. Suddenly her unpredictable husband began to laugh.

"What is it, Krishna?"

"I was thinking what love does to the greatest men. My valiant cousin Arjuna has been on a pilgrimage throughout Bharatavarsha. He has purified himself at all the holiest tirthas and now he has come to Prabhasa disguised as a yati, his beard down to his chest and jata hanging to his shoulders.

He smiled in the dark, "I fear he is unhinged with love and too shy to come seeking love's satisfaction here, in Dwaraka. So he sits drenched in the storm and calls for my help."

"Whom does he love in Dwaraka?"

"My sister Subhadra, who visited indraprasth once and fell in love with each other and he has never forgotten her. Poor Arjuna suffers; let me go to him and put an end to his misery."

"Now?"

"What better time?"

He pulled on his clothes and kissing her stole out into the squally night. Satyabhama sighed, but knew better than to protest or worry about him. She turned on her side and was soon asleep.

___.

Once he began to think of Krishna, Arjuna found he had some respite from the relentless visions of Subhadra that tormented him. out of the perfectly black night a voice spoke to Arjuna, "I wonder, cousin, if your thoughts really suit your hermit's garb!" and the familiar laugh, full of tender mockery.

"Krishna!" Arjuna jumped up and, next moment, they were hugging each other in the storm.

Arjuna gleefully said, "So at last you heard I was here."

Krishna murmured, "I couldn't sleep for hearing you call me."

"But come, we can't stand out here all night. Let me bring you to dwara."

He lived in the palace like a holy yati under krishna's supervision and balram never knew he was a arjun.

The days of this monsoon were the happiest Arjuna had known in a long time. True, Draupadi was his first love; yet, Panchali did not belong only to him, but his brothers as well. Arjuna had changed during his lonely journey through Bharatavarsha. It was the first time he had been apart from his brothers and his mother for so long. He had grown to become a man, his own man.

Subhadra found herself drawn powerfully to the yati; but he was an ascetic and sworn to brahmacharya. Any woman was an obstacle on his chosen path: she could only impede his progress. Yet, despite herself, Subhadra felt an impossible attraction for him.

She wanted to be with him, as much as she could; she told herself she was only carrying out her brothers' instructions. If her heart beat faster than she had ever known it to, when she was near the yati, or when she caught him looking at her from across the garden with his intense eyes, that was her affair. She could not help herself and she was the only one who knew about it.

Did the yati know, or suspect, how she felt? She could not tell; but she noticed that, whenever she was in the garden, he did not meditate but turned his gaze on her.

~~~~~'

(Prativindhya- yudhishthira's son (5years), Amelia- Karn's youngest daughter(8 years), Sutsom- Bheem's son(3 years), Shatnika- nakul's son(4 years). (Sahdev's child is probably studying somewhere)

Nakul and Kawn are in the neighbouring kingdom for official work.

"Prativindhya stop pulling your sister's hair!" Yudhishthira laughed softly from the chamber of his room as he tried to stop his 5 year old son pulling his sister's hair.

"Kaka! Look at him! He won't let me breathe!" 8 year old Amelia complained as prati immediately left her hair and smiled sweetly to his father who was looking at him with stern eyes, everyone knew how strict yudhi could be.

"DHRITI! NAKUL! What nonsense have you taught the kids? Why are you both, shatanika and sutsom dying nakul's dog lime green?!"

"We have a marvellous time irritating nakul!" BHeem laughed as Dhriti added some more lime gree mixture and continued dying nakul's dog lime green.

"Amelia, we need more lime green, this mixture is not bright enough for the dog's fur!" Dhriti ordered bhargavi who immediately handed her more and giggled.

"SAHADEV WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?!!" Yudhishthira yelled as he put a hand on his aching temple.

"Im trying to catch nakul's pet spider, he ran away!" Sahadev yelled from above.

"Why do you all use my chamber for this stuff?!" Yudhishthir grumbled as he sat down on his couch but the very next minute he saw a spider dangling in front of his eyes. Immediately he got up from there shocked.

"SHATANIKA!!!!!" he yelled in shock as dhriti said from the side. "Bhaiya! catch the spider!"

"Bheem! In my absence you are the eldest, have some sense of responsibility!" yudhishthira reprimanded him as he glared at bheem.

"When you are there, why should I be responsible? I know you will always be there to take care of me and clean up the mess I made!" bheem said cheekily.

"Bheem, I swear to god, one day-" Yudhishthira was cut short by Dhriti "Bhaiya could you please go to the other room instead of yelling at bhrata bheem, please?!" Dhriti said with puppy eyes as he left sighing.

"Aarya! Aarya arjun married chitrangada." Draupadi entered the room when yudhishthira was about to leave, as they all stood shocked.

They all were shocked, as Draupadi looked down sadly to her stomach carrying Sahadev;s child. No one spoke, everyone knew the sheer agony she was facing in Arjun's absence.

"I- I should get going." Yudhishthira whispered and left.

"Priya, It is ok." Sahadev held her hand and comforted her as the kids and nakul also left.

"Aarya, why me?" Draupadi asked softly in a painful voice.

"Because god knew that no one except you had this strength to bear it, you are special my flower" Sahdev said. Sahadev always lovingly called her flower.

She smiled and blushed as Sahadev got up and left after giving her another smile.

She sat down back on the bed as she was left to her own thoughts of when she was undone and driven to heaven.

Draupadi's pov (Slightly mature content ahead)

----

My first time ever was with my eldest husband yudhishthira. I was nervous but he was careful.

I should have done this sooner. Really, I should have because now that I've started it I just can't stop. But if yudhishthira was your husband you wouldn't be able to keep your hands to yourself either.

"We have to go to the court soon." I say breathlessly, trying to put some distance between us. Aarya had to put his claim for khandavprasth forward.

"Don't worry, we won't be late." Aarya Yudhi's lips continue their merciless assault on my neck and I arch my back wanting nothing more than to meld my body to his. This feels incredible, I've had him so close to me for months and I could've been riding this high forever. better late than never.

His's lips touched mine. They are everything I could've imagined but even more. Soft, yet just chapped enough to cause a delicious friction between our movements. My eyes flutter shut as he brushes them against mine, once, twice and then a couple of times more until I'm almost ready to beg for more. His lips touched mine with an increased pressure and I respond almost immediately. This was heaven. He undid my uttariya as he pulled closer.

"You won't leave me will you?"

He was quiet for a while and I was afraid that I'd asked the wrong question.

"No ever" He whispered and his eyes glittered with honesty.

_____

Bheem may seem like a gaint, but he was ths softest in the room. Yudhishthira had fiery kisses but bheem kissed me softly like I was made of glass.

"Im so sorry, I did not want to spill the soup you made, We planned on something special, bu we neeed to clean this soup first, or ma would be upset, I did not mean---"

I never get to finish my sentence since Aarya bheem placed his hands at the nape of my neck, brings me forward and kissed me before I have time to react. My eyes widen in surprise at first but then as I feel the pressure of his soft lips on mine, I give in to the basic instinct and kiss him back. I don't care if Ma is upstair. All I can focus on is Bheem and how wonderful his kisses feel. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I crush myself against his hard chest.

"You do know that I'd mop the floors if that's what it took to spend time with you right?"

I love him.

______

Aarya arjun was trying bribe me after fighting with me when I said the last thing I could.

"Dead flower."

"What?"

"You're a dead flower."

"Is that supposed to be insulting drau?."

"It sounded a little bit more intimidating in my head." I said sheepishly as he gathered me in his arms and casually tossed me to the bed, making me pout at him. Touching my soft pout with his warrior rough fingers and lazily lied beside me.

We share a moment when our gazes lock and I see a strong emotion flit across his eyes that terrifies me. "I love you." He whispered softly as chills ran down my spine.

I tossed over as he crouched over me. Staying in the same crouching position, I leaned in pressed his lips to mine. I always took the lead with him, believe it or not he was shy in the bedroom. It's a gentle caress at first, our lips hardly brushing against each others. I make a noise of impatience at the back of my throat causing him to smile against my cheek. That's when things really start moving along. He gets up, moving me right along with him until I'm on my back on the bed. Slowly he moves over me, his body hovering over mine. The proximity causes me to lose my breath. I stare at him and he looks at me with such adoration and tenderness that I almost lose my mind.

~~~~~~~~~

That is it for this update, I will write about Nakul and Sahdev in next chapter, since this got too long. 

How was the update? I am extremely sorry for the delay in the update.

Please vote and comment.

What was your favorite part?

What was the worst part?

What do you think happens next? 

Thanks so much for reading.

Regards,
Ira

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 571 23
A Prince. A Princess. The Prince falls for the Princess after some mishaps, overcome problems together, and they live happily ever after. Isn't that...
58.2K 2.8K 33
The greenish-blue orbs stared at the group gathering below as she hide behind the curtain watching the crowd. Maharishi, gurus, yogis from all over w...
Adamya By Sindhuxsuta

Historical Fiction

21.2K 1.5K 36
เค…เคจเฅเคคเคƒ เค…เคธเฅเคคเคฟ เคชเฅเคฐเคพเคฐเค‚เคญเคƒเฅค The end is the beginning. A caterpillar dies, to birth a butterfly. Water evaporates to rain down. Dead carcasses fill the stom...
38.7K 3.4K 62
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ โ€ข Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY โ€ข Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...