Traumatic night

They snuck out of the palace to the forest on the outskirts of mathura. They breathed, there were very few residents in mathura yet, but they were proceeding slowly yet steadily.

As they went deeper in the forest, yudhi froze as dhriti held his hand rotectively. He saw his brothers and his mother with a whole encountrage travelling somewhere.

He looked at himself and his sister, they both were not dressed approriately, he just wore a dhoti and his upper body was bare, his sister was clad only in an blouse and lehenga exposing her waist compeletly and her hair was open, they both had minimalist jwellery. If his mom saw him like this, they might kill him.

But dhriti had other worries, she pulled him and herself behind a huge tree because she knew he did not want to go back.

Yudhishthira's eyes were brimming with tears as he stared at his brothers, it had been more than an year. He missed them a lot but his sister never let him feel the void.

"It is going to be alright, let us go somewhere else." she told him in an effort to comfort him. But his throat was choked and he was frozen. He just nodded, he did not want to meet them.

He heard them all laughing as if they never cared if he was there or not as he held his sister's wrist tighter, really, him leaving did not effect them at all. Dhriti just stared at him, she could not see him vulnerable.

Somewhere deep down, he did hope they missed him, they deserved to loose him. But seeing them so happy made him realize he was nothing but an otp in their life. Used and then discarded.

"Family is like branches on a tree; we all grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.' dhriti told him but he was numb.

His brothers were laughing and joking like he never existed, they were in his land yet did not care.

He missed them but they did not he thought.

Yudhishthira's pov

It is one of the most painful thing in life to miss someone and not being missed back...

Everytime you miss someone,theres a silent ache in your heart which is definitely unbearable...

And the saddest part of missing comes when you know the person is somewhere on this earth but still you can not meet them you can not look into their eyes and explain how badly you want their at that point of time...

Recalling something about the person,you happen to laugh and in no time ,sometimes even as you laugh, you taste your own tears..

The more you want to avoid the thoughts of that person at that time the more thoughts pop up in your mind .. sometimes you want to cry out loud and sometimes you will feel like sitting quite and just recall those moments when you spend some beautiful moments with them..

Nothing will excite you not even your favourite things .. you will search for and consume everything that can erase thay thoughts

And belive me your life will appear worse than anything..

Everything that brought a smile to your face will now torture you.. every little thing will make you scare ,insecure .. you will do everything to calm your frustration but nothing will help you...

I thought of devika and them and everything i put on stake when i decided to leave, seeing them now feels like, he whispered

Without ever arriving. You, from where ever you were, you changed my life forever.

You were a stranger, yet, you were my soul.

You left an absence in my life.

Maybe you're a bird, flying, free.