Live Fast || 𝗝. 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞

By Zari_Knowles

"ℓινє fαѕт, ∂ιє уσυиg. вα∂ gιяℓѕ ∂σ ιт ωєℓℓ." Quotes: "𝘔𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘢, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘱... More

𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
I
II
III
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
𝐄𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐞
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

IV

23.5K 572 72
By Zari_Knowles

"Animal attacks? Okay, I get that this isn't Arizona, but it's still extreme for Forks." Quinn and Ezra were in the kitchen making dinner, the two flowing from topic to topic quickly. "Oh, uh, I may or may not have a crush on someone."

"I hope not. No one in this town's good enough for my little girl." Charlie gruffed from the door, Ezra running over to give him a hug. "Smells good."

"Fried chicken, ox tail, and rice and beans." Ezra said as she took his coat and placed it in its spot. Charlie smiled a little before heading over to kiss Quinn, looking around.

"Where's Bella?"

"Hooking up with Mike at some party." Ezra immediately answered, shrugging it off. "Probably more."

"Oh god, Renee's gonna kill me." Charlie sighed. They had agreed to try and keep Bella under control, but after Ezra beat her in school they already knew it was going to be nearly impossible.

"She should've punished her instead of letting it continue." Ezra shrugged, her phone ringing. Her eyes lit up, answering the phone. "Papa Phil!"

"Hey kiddo. How's Forks treating ya?"

"A-okay."

"Heya Phil, did you know that Ezzie here has a crush already." Charlie piped up, Ezra gasping as she spun around to look at her father, who was grinning widely.

"Well sheriff, I might have to come up and show off my swing sometime then." The adults laughed loudly as Ezra covered her face with a whine, embarrassed.

"I'm gonna dig my grave now." That made them laugh more as Quinn pinched her cheek, Ezra laughing with them this time.

"So...."

"Okay, your bed was so comfy!" Angela had fallen asleep when Ezra went to help make dinner, being woken up by the smell of food. They were now at school, waiting on Alice to arrive before heading inside.

"Ezzie! Angie!" Alice greeted them happily, the three girls hugging each other excitedly.

"Next time Ezzie has a sleep over, you have to come." Angela said as they headed into the building, excitedly rambling on about her room as Ezra was grabbed by Bella.

"Where's Edward?" She sneered, Angela and Alice stopping when they noticed Ezra wasn't beside them. "It's been almost a week."

"He's probably scrubbing his skin to get rid of your touch." Ezra snarled, ripping her arm away from her as a look of disgust filled her eyes. "Don't touch me."

"Fine, I'll just go talk to Jasper." Bella said with a grin, Ezra shrugging. That wiped the grin off her face. "You don't care!?"

"I mean, he probably won't even look at you." Ezra shrugged again, waving in Jasper's direction. "But go on. He's a single guy, not in a relationship, and probably not even looking for one."

"Ez, let's go." Angela said when Bella huffed and walked over to the Cullens, Ezra scoffing and laughing.

"No, I wanna watch her fail." Ezra said, Alice snickering a bit at her odd amusement. The three watched as Jasper ignored Bella's advances, his nose buried in another war book. "He's so smart, I just know it. You don't see guys walking around reading war book these days."

"You got a thing for war history?" Alice asked as the three of them linked arms and continued into the school.

"She was obsessed with Genghis Khan." Angela said, Ezra objecting as her friend went into great detail of her obsession.

"Pardon my intrusion, ladies." Jasper had come up to their lunch table, speaking softly as his eyes stayed on Ezra. Her mouth dropped open, Angela and Alice giggling in the background at her reaction. "But can you help me with my history assignment?"

"M-me?" Ezra squeaked out, pointing at herself in disbelief. He nodded, sliding his assignment paper towards her. Ezra's eyes lit up when she read over it, excitement crashing into Jasper like a wave. "On Genghis Khan? Of course."

"Great! She could come over to our place!" Alice piped up, the two of them turning to her with wide eyes.

"Uh, if that's okay with you?" The two spoke at the same time towards each other. "It's fine-"

"Great, that settles things!" Angela spoke next as Ezra shyly looked away from Jasper's gaze, sliding the paper back towards him.

"Uh, I'll head over right after school." Ezra mumbled, Jasper nodding while grabbing the paper and heading back to his siblings. They watched as Emmett pat him on the back with a large grin. Bella glared at her sister from her table. "I think I'm gonna pass out."

"Seriously? Because last time you puked." Angela deadpanned, Ezra gaping at her in disbelief.

"Okay, there was a slight mix up in my bodily functions!"

"You nearly ruined my shirt!"

If vampires could puke due to nerves, Jasper would. And even though he shouldn't, he wished that time would go slower to give him more time to prepare. I mean, it's not like they're gonna be alone together.

Hair: stop overreacting, you'll be fine

That did nothing to soothe him. Jasper winced when the bell rang, gathering his things and quickly walking out to the parking lot.

"Jasper!" Ezra called out to him, dragging Alice and Angela behind her with mock annoyance. "Could you take your sister please? They're organizing a shopping trip."

"You love shopping!" Angela said as she laughed.

"I haven't even started working yet." Ezra said, looking at him for help. She was so...beautiful . Her light brown eyes, dark brown (or were they black?) curls falling freely around her face. "-Jasper?"

"Hm?" And here he was, the guy that was so nervous a few moments ago now completely at ease in her presence, unabashedly admiring her.

"Okay, we'll meet you at the house." Alice rolled her eyes as she dragged her friends away, Jasper frowning as Emmett came up to him.

"You'll see her soon, man." He said while steering him towards the Jeep. He wanted to see her now.

"I should've bet money!" Ezra yelled as she laughed, Edward groaning and throwing a pillow at her. They had gotten off track, Ezra engaging in conversation with his siblings as Jasper admired her. She was so true to her emotions, her happiness displayed on her face as clear as day.

"Laugh it up." Edward grumbled, throwing a pillow at Alice and Angela as well. "I'm sure anyone would do the same."

"I mean, I give myself a good scrub after she touches me, but I ain't never use a whole bottle of bleach before." Ezra said before laughing again, Edward rolling his eyes with a smile.

"Ezzie, you wanna take the Jeep for a ride?" Emmett asked as he twirled the key around his finger, Ezra shaking her head.

"Maybe some other day, but I need to finish this list of credible sources really quick." She turned down the offer she had wanted, writing down a few more things before handing the paper to Jasper. "Best people to get information from ever. They're helping me write my own book about... who it's about doesn't matter."

"Only cause you're helping Jasper do a project on him now." Angela jabbed, everyone laughing as Ezra scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Ang, there are other gruesome murders in history that ruled over something. It could be on anyone." She defended, leaning back against the couch. "Who's to say it isn't on the original Vlad Dracula? News flash, wasn't a vampire. He just loved impaling people on stakes."

"Ew, don't remind me." Angela shivered as she recounted the many disturbing history facts Ezra would spit out at random times.

"I mean, his nickname was 'Vlad the Impaler' after all. What did you expect?" Ezra questioned as she took a sip of her drink, her phone ringing. Her eyes lit up, a smile taking over her face. "Papa Phil!"

"Charlie tells me-"

"Now, let's remember that I know how to break a bat." Ezra murmured into the phone, Phil pausing before rushing out a bye and hanging up. "So, Eddie. You play piano?"

"Yeah. You play?" Edward asked as he made his way towards the piano.

"Eh, I can do a little something."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 2.7K 14
"Was this supposed to kill me?" "Oh, I forgot to inform you, I am dead, have been for a while now." ----- I don't own Twilight or any characters exce...
148K 4.7K 26
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍| ❝Why did you just leave me like that?❞ ❝Because I thought ...
17.4K 286 22
"You all left, leaving me here by myself." I raise my eyebrow at her. "It looks like you made company just fine." Her jaw clinches, and she slaps me...
1M 24.2K 76
❝and she embraced the chaos as it painted her life with purpose.❞ [CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN]