Alphabet Assemble (A Wrong Nu...

By AV_RAY

"When you said 'let's go for a ride,' I thought you meant in Stark's car!" Typical wrong number book. It's a... More

Gonna Eat Rice Soon |1|
Buttered Blueberry Bagle |2|
Yogurt And Granola |3|
Hashbrowns |4|
Bacon And Eggs on Toast :) |5|
McDonalds McGriddle |6|
Barbeque Chicken |7|
Ribs With Tostitos |8|
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie |9|
Juicy Shrimp Stirfry And Salmon |10|
Actual Bomb Macaroni |11|
Cinnamon Bun |12|
Chicken Striiiiiipppppssssss |13|
Man I Eat A Lot Of Eggs |14|
Fricking Delicious Spring Rolls |15|
Bacon And Cheddar Smokie |16|
Mini Eggs And A Bad Trucker's Cap |17|
Author's Note
Strawberry Smoothie |18|
Reheated Frozen Soup That Tasted Like Stew |19|
Sun Chips and Bad Subway |20|
Hotel Pancakes From Denny's |21|
Hotel Hot Chocolate That Was Actually Bussin |22|
Pig Butt That Was So Good I Can't Make It Up |23|
7/11 Pizza That Was So Delicious I Would Rob Someone To Get It |24|
Author's Note
Rice Crispy Square Nests With Lil' Mini Eggs In 'Em |25|
Bucket Full Of Easter Candy |26|
Rice Crispy Clump Cereal (Someone Made Clumps From Leftover Rice Crispies) |27|
Jalapeno and Cheese Bagel (Non-Toasted Ofc) |28|
Eating Breakfast For Dinner But Thinking About Springrolls I Had Before |29|
I Really Want Springrolls Guys |30|
Not Even A Quarter Bowl Of Ground Beef :') |31|
Half Cooked Pizza |33|
Sapparo Ichiban Beef Flavour |34|
From Frozen To Crispy Burnin Hot Chicken Burger |35|
A Banana That Made Me Sick |36|
M&Ms I Stole From My Sister |37|
I Got Lumpia Finally :)))) |32|
Pretzel Chips I Swear I gained Weight On |38|
Springrolls Again |40|
Fizzy Strawberries That Shouldn't Taste Like Soda |41|
Late Night Cheese🥰 |42|
My Salt Lamp....👀 |43|
Iron Pie In My Crusty State |44|
Postemelone Watermelone |45|
Ever Had Hummingbird Juice? I Have And I Don't Regret It |46|
Author's Note
Pancakes |47|
Soda Crackers, Cheese, and Phat Meat |48|
Doritos |49|
Drippy Co-op Icecream |50|
Frothy Hot Coco |51|
Fajitas With Taco Powder Instead |52|
Crunchy As Hell Cheezies |53|
I Ate Too Much Food Call Help |54|
Chicken Wings |55|
Gum That Tasted Like Cleaning Product |56|
I Almost Threw Up Thanksgiving |57|

Nuts In A Long Car Ride |39|

1.2K 63 119
By AV_RAY

(Check chapter number)

Harley threw down his phone in a mad scramble to get to the elevator. He jammed the button nearly a thousand times but it was too slow for him. So he ran to the emergency stairs and hurried up them with his thoughts completely fried.

He nearly tripped on the rug at the end of the wall when he arrived on the floor he'd just left MJ on and he skidded on the sleek floor with his socks.

"MJ!" He shouted as he ran. Holy shit. She's pregnant? "Mishy! Mishy!"

He entered the common room out of breath, seeing MJ standing up confusedly. How did he miss that bump before? It was clearly there. Staring him right in the face.

Harley glanced at Tony who had wide eyes staring at his phone with the rest of the people there, mirroring his expression.

"That's what Laura fucking meant!" Clint exclaimed.

"What's the matter?" MJ asked walking to Harley who was blinking rapidly, watching his girlfriend.

"When the hell did this happen?" Tony asked sharply, standing up.

"Tony, this is not the time--" Pepper started, also standing up.

"You're pregnant?" Harley finally got out, looking at MJ's confused eyes.

MJ parted her lips in shock and stepped back nervously.

"What the hell, Keener? Explain yourself right now," Tony demanded.

Wanda swiftly was up and fending Tony off. "Don't you understand that this isn't the time to get angry, Stark? You're upsetting her," the woman bit out with glowing hands, pointing to MJ who had tears collecting.

Tony kept his eyes wide and shook his head exasperatedly. "I can't belive this," he mumbled, sitting back down on the couch looking completely dazed.

Steve, Wanda, Natasha, Clint and Bucky walked out of the room, leaving Harley, MJ, Tony and Pepper alone to talk.

"I'm sorry," MJ spoke with tears streaming down her face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Harley asked with a slight harshness in his voice. "And why the hell did Y/n know?"

"She told you?" MJ asked while burying her face in her hands. "She said she wouldn't."

"Doesn't matter--when did this happen?" Tony questioned, rubbing his forehead. "This whole fucking time, thought it was Y/n," he shook his head.

"Tony..." Pepper warned.

"No, Pep--I won't calm down or shut up because this is a big deal, alright? MJ, Harley, when did this happen?"

Harley and MJ looked uncomfortable and MJ refreinded from holding her stomach like she usually did now that there was a bump.

"Easter," Harley put his hands in his pockets.

Tony closed his eyes and shook his head, braking into a slight slow humorless laughter. "Oh gosh...I can't deal with this right now. Someone else is gonna have to. I'm not really...here right now," he motioned with his hand and one of his face. "I'm still at the beach in Malibu so, someone else. Deal with it because I'm not mentally okay with this," he spoke slowly and tiredly while getting up.

Pepper grabbed his hand as the teens stood dumbstruck at Tony's remark.

"Tony, you have to deal with this so suck it up and sit down." Pepper demanded. "MJ, have you decided what you're gonna do?" The woman asked more kindly.

MJ felt like crying and completely breaking down but she held back her sobs and wiped away her tears, ignoring the disapproving look of Tony and the uncertain one of Harley.

"I'm keeping it," she tried to say it without sounding weird but was incapable. Was it weird? Was it weird to say that you were keeping your baby?

"Okay. We need to talk to your parents," Pepper said and that alone brought fresh tears to MJ's face.

Harley hugged her gently even though he was angry and sad and incredibly confused with her.

"My mom...she doesn't-doesn't," MJ spoke brokenly in a quiet sob, failing to finish her sentence.

Tony's lips parted and Pepper gasped. "Oh, hun..." he breathed out at a loss for words.

"I-I don't know what to do," MJ wiped her tears from her face.

She didn't know why she was crying but it was fitting the situation. This wasn't how she wanted them to find out. MJ didn't exactly have a plan for them to find out but this definitely wasn't it.

Why would Y/n do that to her?

"You'll stay here honey," Pepper spoke softly. "It'll be okay."

Harley felt so bad that she'd been going through this alone for two months. Every time she randomly started to cry and her anger towards him when he fell out of the sky... all those times and he hadn't actually been able to really comfort her because he didn't know about their baby.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Harley asked MJ again with a frown.

"Any of us for that matter," Tony went off. "Just out of curiosity, why would you think to tell Y/n out of everyone else?"

"I didn't want Harley to get kicked out. And Y/n just happened to find me in her bathroom when I did the test," MJ told quietly. "And Laura knows...she just found out somehow."

Tony stared for a second, "Harley's not getting kicked out. We need to tell your mom though, Keener. MJ, we'll talk with your mom in the morning."

"You're not mad?" Harley asked doubtfully.

Tony sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Not mad, just disappointed in you both. I never would've...thought that it'd be you two. Y/n? Yes, but you two? I didn't expect you to be so...reckless. Especially when I've said...multiple times, no getting at it in the tower. But it's happened so...no, I'm not mad."

Tony's voice was tired and he sighed many times in his last speech. It made Mj extremely self conscious and she ended up covering her stomach with her arms because of it.

MJ glanced away from them quickly as more tears trailed down her face.

Tony let out a laugh, "I genuinely thought that Y/n was the one," he shook his head, getting up. He didn't notice MJ's hesitancy to being there. "Welcome to the family--but I guess Harley already gave you the welcome," he threw up his hands and entered the elevator.

Pepper pursed her lips with closed eyes at Tony's comment. "You two need to schedule a doctor's appointment. I'll be back in a bit. I have to talk to Tony." Pepper also departed through the elevator, leaving Harley and MJ alone.

"You should've told me sooner before I started making you nervous," Harley shook his head. "I jumped out of the sky and pretended to die and you still said nothing."

MJ frowned, "I didn't want you to be mad at me."

Harley softened his gaze, "why would I be mad? We both were the ones who did it. This isn't your fault."

"I'm pregnant, okay? My brain is scattered," MJ sobbed and was soon embraced by Harley again.

MJ hated how she was acting so vulnerable and not at all like herself. The problem was she physically couldn't control it. Her tears just fell making her confused because she never was like this.

"I'm sorry I told you that I didn't want a baby," he mumbled into her hair. "That was stupid."

MJ took in a breath shakily. "You didn't know. And it was your genuine opinion...so I get it."

Silence was on them as they hugged for a few seconds, wild thoughts running through both if their heads.

"Do you regret it?" Harley asked her, holding her at arms length whole looking down at her fear stained face.

The teen didn't have to think of an answer because she already knew. "No, I've always wanted a family," MJ responded softly, looking up into his concerned eyes.

"With me? We haven't talked about this before," Harley spoke in the moment with an air of uneasy curiosity. 

"I let you sleep with me. That was an invitation," MJ laughed with another set of tears in her eyes. These ones weren't that of sadness.

Harley let out a breath that imitated laughter. "That's crazy..." he shook his head with a silly grin.

Harley glanced down at her stomach that was somewhere near eleven weeks along and he couldn't help but feel weird inside. Like a frog was jumping around leaving happy magic around.

"Are you okay?" He asked her suddenly, remembering all the times that she threw up and didn't eat. He noticed that now. Plus when she was tubing--he felt a pierce of anxiety at the thought of anything happening to them.

Them.

MJ laughed making Harley confused. Why was she laughing? This was serious.

"I'm pregnant not bleeding internally."

That made him cringe. "We need to go to the hospital," he spoke quickly, grabbing her hand gently and ushering her to the elevator like she was injured.

"Harley, we need to make a doctor's appointment. We can't just show up. Can we?" MJ asked while stopping.

"I don't know," Harley spoke out of breath. "How are you so calm right now?"

"Nothing's happening. We're fine," MJ reassured, realizing that he was panicking.

Harley grinned when she used to word 'we're'. He glanced back down at her stomach, an air of happiness resonating off of him. "Never realized how much I wanted a baby with you until now," he mumbled while gently touching her stomach.

MJ smiled at him lovingly with a glint of appreciation in her eyes.

"Awww," Clint's voice drug out from the hallway.

"Clint!" A chorus of voices broke out also behind the wall in the hall.

Harley and MJ untangled themselves from their close proximity and watched as the group of Avengers trudged out.

"Congratulaions," Natasha hugged MJ. "I've been waiting a long time to say that," she grinned.

MJ tilted her head, "you knew?"

Harley linked arms with MJ randomly as Natasha gave her explanation.

"I found out the day you did. I suppose you know now that we're the people Y/n's been texting. Anyway, she texted me about what to do if someone was pregnant or something along the lines of and I got suspicious.

"So I broke into her room and found the pregnancy test and took it. At first I thought it was her's so I immediately told Stark that I found the wrappers instead of the test that was positive and he called her totally freaked," Natasha continued.

MJ's lips parted, "that's where the test went..."

"Yeah, sorry. I took it because I guessed that Y/n wouldn't want the wrong person to find it and then go off," Natasha summed.

"That's okay," MJ shrugged. "So Y/n's been texting you guys but she doesn't know it? That's funny," she chuckled.

"Pretty much," Clint nodded with his hands in his pockets. "Anyway, Laura has a million books about pregnancy that she wants to give you."

MJ nodded, feeling kind of awkward in the midst of everyone with her pregnant belly being the subject.

"That's nice of her," MJ hummed, rocking back and forth on her feet.

"Where's Tony?" Steve asked sharply.

Harley rolled his eyes, "ran off somewhere. Pepper's talking to him."

MJ looked around at all the people who cared about Harley and summed up that they must've been mad with her. Thinking she did this on purpose or was incredibly foolish to sleep with someone at this age.

Maybe she was though.

They probably think I'm a whore, MJ thought sunkenly.

Wanda frowned having heard the thought, "are you okay, hun?" She asked.

MJ nodded with a scoff, "yeah, mhmm. I just..." She felt sad. Scared of what the people she was living with would think of her now. Did they think she was terrible? Stupid?

Never in her life had MJ ever cared about what people thought of her but this was Harley's family. People that she considered freinds. Did they even like her anymore?

"What's the matter? Are you okay?" Harley asked concernedly, noticing her change in demeanor.

"Do you need something, kid? Water maybe?" He asked tentatively, turning to Sam "What else do pregnant women need?" He whispered.

"I'm fine," MJ reassured. "Just tired," she briefed.

"Do you wanna lay down maybe? We can call you when supper's ready," Steve suggested.

Thor stepped forward, "I can carry thy Lady MJ," he suggested as well.

He went to reach for MJ but Harley started to protest once his hands were around her waist.

"Hey, hey, hey, gentle Thor," Harley stopped him abruptly causing Thor to stop.

"It's okay, Thor," MJ spoke out of breathe from the tightness of his grip. "You don't need to carry me."

Thor promptly set MJ down on the ground with a smile, causing a wave of nausea in the teen. "My apologies, Lady MJ."

"Shit, I've gotta go," MJ mumbled, running to the bathroom in her room with Harley quickly following, leaving the rest of the Avengers concerned in the common room.

Making it to the toilet in time had become second nature for MJ over the last two months. Once again, she was throwing up her stomach in the toilet and Harley was holding her hair back.

"Are you okay?" He asked when she was done. "Is the baby okay?" He whispered the last part.

"Just dandy," MJ mumbled. "You think you could leave for a second? My bladder was just squashed by a god."

Harley left the bathroom with a breath escaping him worriedly. The door closed and he returned to the common room where Wanda and Steve were making food.

"What does MJ want?" Steve asked Harley, holding a towel in his hand and a soft look on his face.

"I have no clue. She likes meat now I think so..." his words ceased after a while. "Holy fuck I'm gonna be a dad," he realized.

Clint laughed across the room from where him and Natasha were continuing to watch Hell's Kitchen.

"That happens probably four times a day for the first couple of months," Clint revealed with a blissful smile.

"I remember when I found out about Cooper and I couldn't wait to be an aunt," Natasha added. "I think I was just about as happy as Clint was for being a new dad."

"That's sweet," Wanda cooed from the kitchen. "Barnes wouldja go and get Yelena for me please? She promised to teach me how to make incredibly delicious macaroni."

Bucky was immediately off the couch and walking to the hallway. "Any excuse to see my doll."

"Watch it Barnes or your face will be burning in the toaster," Natasha threatened flawlessly.

"Nice try, Natty but Lanie's very kinky," Bucky smirked making Natasha's eyes widen.

"You little--No one belives in you!" Natasha shouted the last part at the television. She turned to Clint. "No one believes in him they should just call him part of Jehovah's Witness," Nat bit out making Clint nearly choke on his ice coffee in laughter.

Harley chuckled with the others, "Sam do you have kids somewhere?"

Sam shrugged, "my sister has two boys. I was excited to take 'em on our boat back home when they were first born but Sarah was a little nervous 'bout that. They're nine and eleven now and I take 'em fishing here and there."

Harley smiled, tapping his foot on the ground impatiently. "Where's Loki?" He asked suddenly, remembering that there was someone who tried to take over New York in the tower.

A puff of smoke erupted in the middle of the room and a green figure Harley knew as Loki appeared with a saddistic smirk.

"I hear the teenager is with child," he spoke smoothly setting Harley on edge.

"Loki don't worry the poor boy. You can wait to rain terror on the child until they're at least a Midgardian year old," Thor interrupted while playing solitaire on the kitchen table.

"No raining terror, sorry--that doesn't really fly with me," Harley replied shortly.

"You mustn't worry, young Stark. Loki is a barrel of rainbows and golden retrievers deep down," Thor tapped his chest meaningfully. "He'd never hurt a mother-to-be

"Is that a challenge?" Loki asked sharply while extending knives at his sides swiftly.

No one else batted an eye but Harley was phased. Anxiety rustled in his core for MJ and that unnamed bean.  "You wanna go, grease nut?"

"That's a grand idea!" Thor exclaimed happily. "Let's all go to Macdonald's farm to feast on unhealthy delicacies."

Harley shook his head and Bruce entered looking warily at Loki's daggers.

"Who threatened him?"

"Thor," everyone chorus back to the doctor.

"Harley, MJ, would you come here for a minute?" Tony's tired voice rang through the ceiling and Harley tensed up.

"MJ's sleeping, Stark," Wanda called to the ceiling while stirring a pot. "Is it important?"

"Whatever, Harley, come here, will ya?"

Harley tentatively got up from the couch and entered the elevator with Wanda giving him a sympathetic smile.

The elevator ride was excruciatingly short and Harley wished it was longer because he knew he was gonna get a talking to when he entered the lab. He messed up and he knew it. Obviously it isn't desired to have a kid at seventeen and sixteen but it was happening and they had to deal with it.

Tony was messing around with the fabricator in the lab when Harley arrived.

"Pepper just left," he mumbled. "Said she wanted just us guys to talk--whatever's going through her head clearly isn't going through mine," Tony sighed, plopping down on a chair.

He motioned for Harley to sit down, to which he did begrudgingly.

"What're you thinking? C'mon, you're giving me nothing. You haven't said anything since you found out," Tony pressed, staring at his kid intensely yet exhaustedly.

Harley seemed slightly taken aback at the question. "It's happened, there's nothing I can do. It's her decision but she wants to keep them so I wanna help. I want to be involved."

Tony crossed his arms and nodded, "look kid, I'm not the speech type. I don't know how to really deal with this because...well obviously I've bailed out of a lot of relationships before a kid happened. And another quite obvious thing is I'm worried for you guys because your futures have just been limited to a very sparse amount of options. MJ's gonna be pregnant for nine months and she still has school--her mom doesn't want anything to do with her and now she's a little lost. And you're both going to be teen parents and people will ridicule you. What I'm trying to say is it won't be easy," the billionaire motioned.

Harley nodded along with a worry for something he'd never thought to be worried about, growing inside him.

"I feel bad," he mumbled when Tony had left a break in his speech. "Like I've ruined her life."

"Don't. Both of you made the decision. It's her fault just as much as it is yours," Tony crossed his arms.

"Yeah but now she has to...go through all of that and give birth."

"That's the consequences. You'll have to be there every step of the way helping her too. And then you'll raise the kid so...yeah. It is what it is," Tony summed. He seemed put off about the idea of having a little kid running around that belonged to two teenagers.

"This is bad," Harley realized, standing up. "I can't take care of a kid," he stressed, running his hands through his hair.

"I don't wanna be annoying but you shoulda thought about that before you went and fucked her. You both should've," Tony put out there.

"Shit, oh damn," Harley mumbled, pacing the room. "Oh my gosh. I can't do this. I-I can't--"

"Weren't you just saying about how you hadn't realized how much you wanted kids with her?" Tony interrupted his panic with squinted eyes.

"That was in the moment and I didn't realize I messed up so bad," Harley wrung his hands. "But I do but I don't--I don't know, okay? This is weird and I don't know what to do--"

"Can't back out, kid," Tony told him firmly. "This is happening and you need to realize that."

Harley's eyes were wide as he walked around the lab, physically paling.

"I can't be a dad. I'm stupid a-and reckless and probably shouldn't even be five feet next to Rosie," Harley rambled nervously. Tony noticed he looked slightly ill.

"Hey," Tony got up and walked to the kid. "It'll be okay. You're gonna be fine. She's gonna be fine. Everything'll work out," Tony told him stresslessly.

"What about the end of the world? What if the Faceless get them? And she's litterally the best thing that happened to me I can't lose her. What if she dies while giving birth or we get in a car accident? What if I drop the baby or Thor steps on them?" Harley continued, getting increasingly more worked up by the second.

"I think you're getting ahead of yourself," Tony smiled, holding the kid's shoulders. "listen to me, kid. We're going to save the world. The Faceless won't touch MJ or your little munchkin. You'll be a great dad and you don't need to worry about it because everything's gonna work out." Tony raised his eyebrows at the kid, waiting for him to say something. "C'mon and give your old man a hug," he mumbled while wrapping his arms around Harley.

"What if it doesn't work out?" Harley mumbled.

Tony rolled his eyes, "two things that Cap says. One of them is we'll do it together. So if nothing works out, we'll all be here for you. And second, the mighty Jesus is looking down on you so you don't have to worry," Tony spoke slightly mockingly.

"And you belive that?" Harley questioned, breaking out of the hug.

Tony looked out of the top of his eyes, "a little bit." Tony shook his head. "The point is that out of all the outcomes to possibly happen, you'll have us in all of them."

Harley shook his head, "I still can't belive Y/n knew before me."

Tony chuckled and wrapped one arm around the kid's shoulders. "Salty about it? You'll get over it. I think Y/n helped her out quite a bit though. Both Wanda and Nat knew and never said anything," he shook his head. "Laura too. Wow, us guys really are oblivious, huh?"

Harley shook his head, entering the elevator, "women are like mystic beings. You have no idea what they're thinking or what's going on inside their head's...unless you're a woman yourself and then you just know."

"Great explanation," Tony nodded. "Can't believe you're making me a grandparent at forty-nine," he shook his head.

Harley smirked, "what do you mean? That's a fine age to become a grandparent."

Tony rolled his eyes at the kid's remark. "Anyway...you need to figure out where you two are gonna live. Just let me know and I'll buy it. Whether that's here or you want your own house, it's yours."

Harley didn't know how to feel about Tony thrusting his money at them but he knew it was a nice gesture. "I'll talk to MJ about it."

"Sure, and also, I've got her booked for a doctor's appointment on Thursday. The day before Y/n's graduation so, uh yeah, that's that." Tony went on as the elevator dinged.

They both walked out onto an argument with a call on speaker phone in the middle of the kitchen table and everyone yelling.

"Nah, you guys are all delusional," Y/n shouted through the phone. "They're naming the kid after me because I'm their best friend so you all can suck it."

Many scoffs broke out in the room. "Everyonr needs to just let go of their dreams because I've got the perfect names for the baby. Boy and girl names," Yelena added with her accent. "Olga and Mark."

"Olga sounds like something you say when you're throwing up," Natasha bit out with a scrunched nose in disgust. "And Mark is just weird. Anyone who names their kid Mark is asking for them to get beat up in school."

Yelena mocked Natasha thereafter making Natasha scowl. "Well then what have you got for names if your so clever?"

"Gabriella, Gabby for short. And Micah, Mikey for short," Natasha answered evenly, crossing her arms.

"Oh, I like Micah," MJ announced while coming down the hallway.

Tony maneuvered around the people in the kitchen to get to the kettle where he started making some tea. "Oliver or Naomi," he suggested.

"Ollie," Harley grinned on the couch while the others discussed.

"Naomi's cute," MJ hummed. "Reminds me of Nanaimo bars though," she sat next to Harley and slipped her hand into his.

"A perfect nickname opportunity," Tony put out there with a hand raise. "Never enough nicknames."

"Tony's right," Y/n agreed. "Pick a name with lots of options for nicknames. Like Alexander. Then you got Alex, and Lex, and Xander. Plus it's got a gender neutral version thing so you could still call them Alex and have the name Alexandria. Now you've got Lexi and Alli. And I'm sure Andria's a name somewhere."

MJ hummed along, not really paying attention. She was exhausted from the day's stress and not exactly up for talking.

"Not Karen," Clint shook his head at Bucky's suggestion. "Karen has been changed."

Bucky was confused by this, "what about Rebecca? I had a sister named Rebecca and we all called her Becka."

"It's nice," Harley responded, tapping his foot.

"I like Winnifred," Steve brought up in the kitchen stirring a pot. "Winnie's a cute nickname."

"I like that too, but like for a little baby goat," MJ cooed. "It's A little old fashioned now."

"How about Emily?" Sam suggested.

"Uhh," MJ hesitated. Not that Emily was a bad name she just wasn't that fond of it.

"Ingibgjorg," Thor added, "tis a mighty name."

"I don't think I'll be able to remember that," MJ tried to deter him kindly but he spent the next five minutes trying to explain it to her.

"Oh, I see," Thor realized once MJ had finally said she didn't like it. "You dislike my suggestion. Tis fine. Loki will name his children using that mighty name."

"No I won't," Loki expressed blandly from next to Clint and Natasha at the couch. All three of them were insulting the chefs on the television.

"Yes you will," Thor told. He turned to MJ. "Yes he will."

MJ blew air threw her mouth in a short, soundless laugh.

"I like Hannah and Brenden," Bruce announced, looking up from his book.

"Hannah banana," Tony mumbled. "The unoriginality gets on my nerves," he told everyone while passing MJ a cup of tea.

MJ mumbled a thanks to him as he sipped his own, settling in Steve's chair.

He looked down at the chair he was in and dropped his jaw. "Gosh I'm getting old," he sighed.

"He sat in Steve's chair, didn't he?" Y/n laughed from the phone.

"Haha, zip it, Y/l/n," Tony silenced mockingly.

Y/n laughed triumphantly, "man I wish I could've seen all of your faces when you found out. How did you, by the way?"

A couple stutters broke out and eventually Wanda silenced everyone with her hands. "I accidentally let it slip," she lied.

Apparently she was getting better at it.

Y/n chuckled, "well I've gotta go. Don't make any plans without me."

"She thinks she lives here, doesn't she?" Bruce asked when the call ended.

"I mean, she could," Harley weighed. "If atony would just put his foot down."

"We could always kidnap her," Natasha and Yelena brought up at the same time.

"Speaking of kidnap," Yelena started. "I've got a mission to go on. Hill wants Barnes and Wilson on the job for now with me. We'll switch off with Natasha, Clint and Wanda in two days. If we don't have Fury by then, we'll continue with cycles."

"You're gonna be gone for two days at a time?" Steve as concernedly.

Yelena rolled her eyes, "yes Mr. America. Let it be clear we'll each be gone for two days. Everyone understand? Hill wants complete disguises--face change and everything."

"You'll find everything you need in the armory, miss," Jarvis announced.

"What about Y/n's graduation?" Wanda asked suddenly, realizing the timeline of her departure.

"Well today's June seventh so in two days past leaving in an hour, it'll be the ninth at around seven that we're back...assuming no complications arise." Yelena started. "And then Natasha, Clint and Wanda will leave on the morning of the tenth and come back on the morning of the twelfth. Hopefully by the time we come back, me, Barnes and Wilson I mean, we'll have Fury."

They didn't, however.

June ninth rolled up to the club with a bright shining sun and a defeated team. Yelena and her group hadn't been able to find Fury or Elenor. The police were still out looking for the woman but Fury, having faked his death in 2014, was up to the Avengers to find.

Natasha was worried and so she peppered MJ with questions to distract herself. She also did a ton of research on pregnancy, determined to help the teen as much as she could.

Wanda researched foods to make for the teen that she could possibly keep down. So far nothing had worked.

Anyway, Y/n missed school on the Thursday because of her work and MJ was incredibly stressed not having her there.

Truth be told, it wasn't because of her work. Y/n had nearly bled out from a bloody nose that day and had passed out with a wad of paper towel up her nose.

Joss wasn't home that day so luckily Y/n didn't have to worry.

Y/n was glad that everyone finally knew about MJ's baby. Now she could take something off her list to stress about.

She still hadn't found a solution to her little bleeding problem but she could feel she was close.

She wasn't close.

Y/n had given herself false hope that she believed. But any hope was better than nothing.

At the tower for her almost daily training and intern session--whatever it was, Y/n was in the lab once again, working on her life saving technique.

Yelena, Sam and Bucky had just gotten back from their mission and were upstairs while Y/n worked away.

"My apologies, miss but this test is also a failed attempt," Jarvis' voice pulled through the ceiling ad the clear hologram screen flashed red in Y/n's face.

Y/n zipped her chlorophyll with a hum. "How the hell am I still alive right now? You said a couple days. It's been a couple."

"I belive that the magical properties of Miss Maximoff's blood have been prolonging your life. Although they will not be able to much longer for your condition is getting worse."

Y/n nodded, "right, gotcha," she spoke ariliy. Somehow, she managed to stay peppy today.

It was because Peter was texting her. He was coming back for her graduation. Just for the day--and that made Y/n incredibly happy.

Her phone dinged in her pocket and the same smile returned to her face.

Amazing Spidey:
How's your aunt?

Y/n: She's good. We're getting off well. She's really busy though so that makes it hard to hang out

Amazing Spidey:
Is that the truth?

Y/n: Yeah, I wouldn't lie about something like that.

Amazing Spidey:
Okay, Y/n

Amazing Spidey:
What're you doing this summer?

Y/n: This Faceless problem is still up my ass so I'll hopefully be helping the Avengers

Y/n: Even if I was like the guy in the chair or something I could be helping

Amazing Spidey:
You sound like Ned

Amazing Spidey:
Just be careful. I don't want to to end up dead

Y/n: Okay ;) I'll be the one saying Alphabet Assemble!

Y/n: Stupid auto correct🤧

Y/n: Let's take two

Y/n: Alphabet Assemble!

Y/n: No futzing way it happened twice💀

Y/n: What did you do Pterodactyl!?

Y/n: Pterodactyl

Amazing Spidey:
💀what makes you think I did something?

Y/n: You can act all you want but you'll never be innocent buddy👹

Amazing Spidey:
I thought you missed me

Y/n: Doesn't mean I don't miss you love <3

Y/n: Do you feel like we're at the end too?

Amazing Spidey:
End of what? What's that supposed to mean? Please don't tell me you're done

Y/n: What? No I'm not done. I'm not gonna kill myself if that's what you mean

Y/n: I just feel defeated. Like we can't win this time.

Amazing Spidey:
We're gonna win

Amazing Spidey:
Don't think like that

Y/n: How do you know we'll win?

Amazing Spidey:
Because we have you

Y/n: 🙄I'm serious, Pterodactyl

Y/n: Don't think boosting my ego will help you doofus

Amazing Spidey:
I am serious. The Avengers have you and I just know that you'll be the reason we win

Amazing Spidey:
I've got a feeling💪

Y/n: A tingle ;)

Amazing Spidey:
Don't make it weird.

Y/n: All I'm saying is that right now feels like that feeling when you finish a good book

Amazing Spidey:
Leave it to me to be the inspirational quote maker ;)

Amazing Spidey:
Guess you'll just have to continue with fanfiction

Y/n: Not your best one but I get it✍

Amazing Spidey:
Well that's the point. I've gotta go but talk to you later

Y/n: Sure thing Parker

Y/n put away her phone and headed to the lab table to start her brain storming again. She was interrupted when Tony's voice came through the ceiling.

"Kid you've been down there for five hours? What're you doing? Come see the sunlight and get some food or something."

Y/n scoffed, "you're one to talk. I'm just working on Spidey's suit," she lied.

It was already done but he didn't need to know that.

"Come here, kid. We're having a team meeting," Steve's voice replaced Tony's.

So I'm part of the team now, huh?

"Be right up," Y/n told them, heading for the elevator.

Entering the upstairs common room with dark wood paneling on the walls with orange circle lights kn the ceiling like mini suns. A seating around was in one corner with a red couch and dark brown chairs and in the very center of the room next to a dozen or so high chairs was a long table. There was an illuminated hologram board at one end with Steve next to it.
The rest of the Avengers were scattered around, waiting....silently.

How odd.

"Okay now that all of us are here...let's talk buisness," Steve started. Pressing a button ona remote that caused the electronic screen to light up with five individuals.

Y/n stomach sunk as she knew where this was going. Natasha had a hard face on along with everyone else.

Tony sat a ways a way on a stool looking slightly defeated with his head hung and his lips pursed. Everyone was here but MJ.

All the seats were filled at the table including Y/n in one of them. Bucky and Sam didn't fight, Tony didn't pop a quick witted comment and Clitn wasn't falling asleep.

"Jillian and Matthew Duncan and their kids, Hunter, Logan and Ethan. All found dead," Steve spoke solemnly. "The local police have trusted us with this knowledge as it is private. They've been known to the Faceless and their destruction and are making it public in a couple of days if these attacks don't stop. Over fifty buildings have been burned down by extraterrestrial causes which leads us to belive that the Faceless are wrecking havoc on Earth until they get what they want. It appears they can't leave at the moment. Any ideas why?"

No one said anything and everyone stared at their feet or the table in front of them.

"The tomb we were in. Ritual ground? Whatever it was--it's destroyed now. That was how long ago? Two months?" Tony brought up. "When were you stabbed, kid?"

Y/n hummed as he was talking to her, "some time in march I think."

"So they made that trap to get us there. They didn't expect us to destroy the place I don't think. They're retaliating," Tony stood up.

"You think that was their way out?" Natasha asked with a dry voice, not turning to look at him.

"I think it's a possibility. The question is, how did they get here if they didn't use the place in the beginning?" Tony continued, lacking around while motioning with his sunglasses.

"Strange? I mean if this is the multiverse, maybe there's an evil Strange or some way they could've just materialized," Y/n suggested.

"That's pretty vague, kid," Bruce commented.

"Okay, so let's narrow it down. Who do we know of that could be an option?" Sam went on, talking with his hands and placing them flat on the table.

"The Scarlet Witch?" Wanda suggested with glazed eyes.

There was silence on the room. A poisonous feeling that pricked Y/one's skin.

"Okay...that's an option," Tony pointed to Wanda's place. "Any questions?"

"So what you're saying is that if you would've just left Y/n be these people wouldn't have died?" Wanda's eyes flashed red with her accent prominent. She shook her head and frowned, staying silent.

"I guess if you get technical with it, yeah. But that's not what we do here," Steve spoke strongly. "We're a team. It's about time we start acting like it."

Tony rolled his eyes inconspicuously, "right. So basically, we make them mad, they kill people. What's next on the docet, hun?" Tony asked Steve.

"There hasn't been any word from the Guardians that we know of so our pan needs to be initiated now. Evey every attempt at finding Strange is forgotten and it's time we crack down and get this done." Steve rapped the table with his last sentence.

"Search Parties have just been upped. Three looking for Fury, one for Elanor because she's not our fuest priority and five for Strange. Is that clear with everyone?" Yelena spoke like she was a general in a war, commanding and cold.

"Who's on who's team?" Natasha asked, arms crossed.

"All the younger ones minus Wanda will stay. Harley, Y/n and MJ even though I don't think she needs to be told--you'll stay here on standby with Banner," Yelena explained. Yeah right. "Me, Wilson and Rogers are on Fury. Group one. Natasha, Stark, Barnes, Thor and Clint are group two--find Strange. Wanda, you're on Elanor but if we need you, we'll be on coms."

"Same schedule?" Sam asked.

Yelena nodded. "Same rounds. We'll switch up the teams if we don't find who we're looking for. Loki switching for Wanda and the rest of the teams meshing from there."

Steve nodded to Yelena. "Security in the city has been boosted. Military's creeping the outskirts because this is the last state the Faceless were seen in. However, they've also been in Europe all over the place and Canada. Plus New Mexico and Montana."

"Gathering people? What's their mission?" Bucky questioned blankly.

"Finding people seems to be their main priority. From a group of six, they grew to over twenty. I expect they have some kind of recruitment set up," Steve continued.

"Any leads?" Natasha asked while glancing blankly at the table, chewing on a nail.

"None so far. President Carter has, however offered to get the whole FBI and US military on the line. That's why we have the state surrounded. I've declined the whole of the offer until and if, things get worse," Steve summed.

"Another thing I wanted to mention," Yelena started. "Until further notice and Fury is found, Agent Carter has taken on Shield director duties."

The table nodded at her words.

"Agent Carter? Wait," Y/n spoke confusedly. "Is the president an agent of Shield?"

"Grandaughter of the founder, Peggy Carter," Natasha explained, briefly glancing at the teen.

Y/n's lips parted in slight awe. "And we can trust her?"

"As much as we can trust each other right now," Steve revealed. "With the Facless and their abilities, it's hard to really know what is," he leaned on the table.

"Stark, any leads on that rapist?" Bucky asked suddenly, remembering their last formal team meeting where they were trying to find him. It was before the Faceless had really become a thing.

Y/n cringed at the words and her fingers clenched, making her hands go white.

"Y'know Barnes, I haven't gotten anywhere with that because I'm a little preoccupied with the Faceless at the moment," Tony bit out.

"Who are you looking for?" Y/n asked with a lump in her throat.

Tony glanced at her on the verge of a freeze.

"You're not looking for--"

"Hammer Junior? Oh yeah. Mhmm. Was, actually but stuff got in the way of those plans so...it's been put on hold," Tony spoke while motioning his hands.

Y/n said nothing in response. She didn't know how to feel. Her mind supposed ot was a good thing but deep inside, she never wanted to hear that name again and she didn't like that Tony and the rest were trying to didn him.

But it'll stop him from hurting anyone else.

So that's a good thing.

"If there's nothing else to add...this meeting is adjourned," Steve briefed.

Everyone got up from the table and some stayed back to talk. Mostly the groups who were supposed to go next.

That was Natasha, Tony, Bucky, Thor and Clint. Y/n had forgotten that Thor was there because he was so quite for once. Loki also.

Harley met up with Y/n heading to the elevator. He'd been reading a book during the meeting and therefore had a huge hardcover book in his hand.

"Shit's getting serious, huh?" He commented, masking his weirdness immensely.

"They won't let anything happen to her," Y/n mumbled to him.

"I'm actually talking about you. You have a complex that I've started to notice."

Y/n rolled her eyes, "yeah? And when did toy become so observant?"

"Last night," Harley responded shortly, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Y/n narrowed her eyes, "what? Did a big fat ass zen fairy curse you or something?"

"Pregnancy books. Actually," Harley summed. "Yeah, they do have some pretty neat tricks but that's besides the point. You think that you can go and waste yourself by helping and that's...completely unnecessary."

"And how do you know this?" Y/n asked blankly, completely done with the conversation.

"You've been doing it from the start. Getting involved was your thing. Now you've made it personal with them and just done their work for them. What I'm trying to say is that you've created a lot of your problems this year for getting involved."

Y/n glared at him. He's trying to get you to spill. But how did he know?

"I'm problematic?" Y/n questioned harshly.

Harley nodded. "Yep. But you already know that."

"Stop," Y/n mumbled.

"What's been going on with you?" Harley questioned, narrowing his eyes. "Why did you miss school and your shift? Why did I have to cover for you when the school called Tony? When they asked for your aunt? What're you hiding?"

Y/n kept a blank face even though she was panicking inside. Did he know? Was he bluffing? Is he kidding around?

"You're funny," she laughed genuinely. "You actually had me thinking I did something wrong for a second," she chuckled.

Harley didn't drop anything, leading Y/n to belive that he didn't actually know what was going on with her.

"Woah, chillax. I'm not hiding anything," Y/n told so convincingly even she nearly believed it.

Harley looked away from her when the elevator beeped. "You're not alone with whatever it is, y'know. We can help."

"I know. But I'm fine."

And that was the only hint she ever gave to her condition or what was going on.

She could handle it. She was Y/n. She'd made it this far, why couldn't she make it till the end?

Start writing fanfiction.

Now that even sounded stupid in her head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.1K 46
After becoming severely injured on one of his nightly patrols, the city of Queen's vigilante - known as Spider-man - attempts to contact his 'guy in...
98.9K 2.7K 55
Peter had a rough childhood loosing all his family, now Peter is in an orphanage that isn't so great... Ned and Mj are all Peter has and is giving up...
1.3M 35.6K 51
!Cover Change! What will happen when Peter Parker accidentally texts Natasha Romanoff? Will she figure out he's the vigilante Spider-Man? If so how w...
37.2K 650 28
Ara has been on the run from Hydra for years. Living in Tenneesse, doing small jobs like mowing lawns and pet-sitting all while trying to keep out of...