Man I Eat A Lot Of Eggs |14|

(Check chapter number)

The duration of the drive to Avengers tower was nearly entirely silent. Which was entirely unusual for Y/n, but yet entirely in character.

Pulling up to the sleek towering building, the girl and boy gawked at the amazingness of the gleaming blue Avengers symbol.

The doors unlocked and Y/n immediatly stepped out onto the paved cement pad near the front of the entrance. Peter followed her with Hogan coming around the other side.

"I can't belive we're interning at Oscorps," Peter whispered in her ear.

The girl started to walk forward, addressing him absentmindedly as she went, "wrong universe, Petey."

The two walked through he glass doors with Hogan trailing behind. The familiar scene of creams and beiges rolled over the girl's eyes. The same kid from before was making his way towards them. Nigel looked more refreshed he had the day that Midtown had come for the tour which was a good thing. Slightly reassuring.

"Peter Parker and Y/n Y/l/n?" He asked with two badges in hand.

"That's 'em, Nigel," Hogan answered while arriving beside the trainee.

Peter gave Y/n a side eye glance.

"Thanks, man," Y/n addressed as the other boy passed her a badge. "So I'm guessing no weapons and stuff?"

This seemed to strike a nerve, "now that you bring it up...you sound a bit suspicious. I'll have to check you. Your jackets please, miss," Nigel demanded slightly.

The girl held up her hands defensively, she had a lot of jackets on--wasn't willing to take them all off. "Hey, hey, I promise I'm as safe as can be," Y/n reassured.

Peter gave her a secret doubtful glance.

She rolled her eyes and flung off her sunglasses after Nigel seemed to not let up. Hogan had gone off somewhere.

"I belive we're all good here, Nigel," Miss. Potts reassured, suddenly appearing with her clacking heels beside the young security guard.

Nigel looked doubtful but under the woman's gaze, he gave in and left.

Turning her smile towards the knew interns, "welcome back," she said happily. "We haven't met before directly--I'm Pepper Potts," she shook their hands one at a time.

"Y/n Y/l/n," the girl greet with a small smile after Peter had introduced himself.

The woman began to walk forward slightly, "great to meet you. I belive congratulations are in order," the redhead eyed them as she strode with a sense of power. "You both did exceptionally well."

"Thank you, miss," Y/n smiled. Peter did the same, thanking her as well.

"I hope you two won't be too intimidated by your new workplace. It isn't quite as bad as you may think. You guys are young and there'll be plenty of room for making mistakes during your work here. None of us are perfect and being smart doesn't make you less human," the woman reassured formally.

"Right." That was all Y/n could answer because the nerves were taking over her. Maybe her doubt showed through a bit.

Miss. Potts turned to her, "Mr. Stark isn't that intimidating--you've got nothing to worry about."

Oh...so she's a top...gotcha.

The girl just nodded with a hum instead of resorting to hostility like she tended to do when she was nervous.

The woman seemed to sense this. "Well, I'll let you go, Y/n. To the elevator, second floor. I trust you won't stray," she smiled reassuringly. "Peter, I'll take you to your new workplace."