Living Through You || Caspia...

Av blink_and_youre_dead

World War 2 is still in full force, and James Pevensie was stuck unwillingly in England. More than anything... Mer

Blurb
Playlist
Characters
Epigraph
Chapter 1- Another Day
Chapter 2- Drowning
Chapter 3- Reunited On Deck
Chapter 4- Catch Up
Chapter 5- The Navigation Room
Chapter 6- Sword Fight
Chapter 7- The Slave Traders Emergence
Chapter 8- Overwhelmed
Chapter 9- Never Alone
Chapter 10- Boating Days
Chapter 11- The Sketchbook
Chapter 12- The Invisible Creatures
Chapter 13- Secret Tells And Magic Spells
Chapter 14- The Map
Chapter 15- Stormy Talks
Chapter 16- Bad Dreams
Chapter 17- Temptation
Chapter 18- Cousin
Chapter 19- A Dragon, A Beach, And The Night
Chapter 20- First Sight
Chapter 22- Waiting
Chapter 23- The Sea Battle
Chapter 24- Aslan's Country
Epilogue
THANK YOU

Chapter 21- Aslan's Table

1.5K 83 11
Av blink_and_youre_dead

It's much too late to find
When you think you've changed your mind
You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry
Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me? Oh!
- Don't You Want Me • The Human League

The Navigation room had become a common place for the three kings to spend their time. It wasn't as if they could have privacy anywhere else, but this place had an air of comfort that kept them sane. They all knew how easy it was to go mad, especially at sea.

As Caspian looked over their newest sword, he sighed. There was still so much to happen, and following the blue star might've amounted to nothing. They didn't know yet. They wouldn't know until it was too late. Food was running out, and stress building at an unsurpassable rate.

To relieve it, James was doing all he could. Though, as they were stuck on the boat, the best he could offer was a massage.

So as the darker haired King pondered over the metal, James let his spindly fingers rub over the tense muscles in Caspian's shoulders. It was intimate, to an extent, and would've been more so if Edmund hadn't been stood on the balcony. If he hadn't been so kind, the blonde Pevensie would've stated his discontent with his brother being there- but he was. They would have to wait.

"We can't be sure the other Lords even made it to Ramandu's island." Edmund sighed, pessimistically. James didn't blame him. It was hard to be anything but.

Feeling his lovers body tense up once again, the elder Pevensie calmed. "We can't be sure of anything, Caspian, but you trust yourself."

"Thank you." The King turned, and let his dark eyes meet those of James. He smiled, sincerely, hoping his truth came across.

"And I trust you more than anyone."

Leaning up ever so slightly, their lips met. Yes, it was uncomfortable with Edmund being stood there, but Caspian's need to appreciate James was too great.

"You two are disgusting." The younger Pevensie huffed through his nose.

"You look like the boogeyman." James retorted, greatly displeased. "Can't you be anywhere else?"

     Within a day, the blue star had lead them in the direction of an island that looked greatly like the one Coriakin had shown them. Maybe it was going to work out, but they couldn't be too careful still.

    Despite having packed many weapons, James took none with him on the sort boat journey from the Dawn Treader to shore. He had other plans.

     Stepping foot on the rocky beach, they saw how beautiful this place truly was. Everything was overgrown, with moss filling the cracks like concrete, letting the natural life fly gracefully. Each human walked with lanterns in their hands, but James had his in his mouth.

     After all, he needed all four of his paws to walk on.

     They passed many things as they edged closer to the bridge. However, the most intriguing were the eagle statues, laced with vines and angry fungi.

  Forgetting the real mission, James' panther stepped forwards, his nose rubbing against the stone. "These look far too much like memories."

  With a careful hand, Harvey reached out to James, swaying his head away from the structure. "Don't." He stated.

  "Right." James' blue eyes furrowed, the dark fur bowed lowly. "I apologise."

The crew trekked across the stone bridge, timidly. Being in a new place was always frightening, but these sorts of missions were always difficult.

Edmund lead them to the end of the stone crossing, arm elongated to get the battery operated torch through the door first. It enabled him to see that little bit further into the room, though, they were going in neck deep anyway. There wasn't much more to be done.

Feeling his body shake, James stepped in front of Caspian, walking lowly to protect him as greatly as he could. Though, it didn't seem to please the Telmarine at all.

There was a large table, filled plentifully with fruits and meats of all sorts. It was suspicious, seeing as the crew was starving, almost literally. Food had been scarce for quite some time, so having something like that there seemed to be too odd to be a coincidence.

Cautiously, they scoped the room, and walking with footsteps like feathers. It was silent for the most part, until Tavros couldn't help himself any longer.

"Mmm, food." He grinned, stepped towards the table and smelling the air.

Drinian interrupted. "Wait."

"Huh?"

     It was only then that James noticed everything. Branches had seeped through the walls, cracked and thick. That wasn't even the worst of it.

     As Edmund shone the torch over to the branches, and flinched back when he saw the horror. It caused the men to draw their swords and for James to growl, animalistically out of character.

    Tentatively, Caspian and Edmund took opposite sides of the table, to circle the men surrounded by plants. It was slow... everything seemed so very slow. Then, Caspian raised his sword to one of their hands, pointing at a silver ring.

  "Lord Revillion." Swiftly, his head turned to another's hand, checking it. "Lord Mavramorn."

  That was their clue to retract their swords. They weren't going to be harmed, and even if there was the smallest hint of danger, James had his claws sharpened especially. With the third man, Lucy checked his ring, and announced. "Lord Argoz."

  But, there was an exhale, forcing the youngest Pevensie to shudder away. Clearly confused, Caspian stated. "He's breathing."

  It was frightening to see the current king so close to possible danger, and before James could do anything, his thoughts were voiced by Harvey. "Is it a good idea for you to be that close, Caspian?"

  "It is alright." Calmed the dark eyed Telmarine, sensing the discomfort exuding his lover.

  The calm lasted only seconds: Edmund burst out, realising what was happening. "They're under a spell!"

  "It's the food!" Caspian commanded.

  "Huh?" Tavros dropped the large cache of food in his arms.

  They looked for a short period, attempting to find something to tell them what they were supposed to do. After all, this place was supposed to help them. Then, Edmund managed to find something."Hey, it's the stone knife." He shrugged before realisation kicked in. "This is Aslan's table."

  "Their swords!"

At the command of their king, Edmund and Harvey went to picking up the swords they'd collected, and arranging them almost like a compass. They took the ones from the spelled Lords, also.

"On the table." Caspian directed, placing on of his own on the top.

"That's six." Edmund counted.

"Still missing one."

A blue light danced beneath the metal, spinning until it shot up into the sky like a beacon.

"Look." Lucy grinned, referring to the clear sky, draped with curtains of stars of all kinds. It was almost as beautiful as the night that Caspian and James had lain beneath the sky together when Eustace had been apart of a terrible predicament.

Then, one of the stars began to move. It shifted, briefly in the darkness, causing Caspian to draw his sword. What was a weapon going to do against a celestial body. Things like that didn't make sense.

The star transformed into a blonde woman with fair skin, causing James to snarl ferociously. His teeth were bared as he stalked his way to the front of the group.

"James." Caspian shushed him, in the modest way he could fathom. "It is alright."

He whined, rubbing his head against Caspian's hip, like a house cat might do. If it had been anyone else, he might've cried from embarrassment, but not Caspian. He didn't care that James was a panther sometimes, and he didn't mind that his characteristics changed ever so slightly. Beneath it all, he was still James Thomas Pevensie, and that was the root of it all.

   "Travellers of Narnia, welcome." The star began, and the men knelt. It was common courtesy, and it wasn't as if they were going to break that over something like this. "Arise." As they did, she looked around, and noticed the full table. "Are you not hungry?"

  Ignoring it completely, Edmund quizzed. "Who are you?"

  "I am Liliandil, daughter of Ramandu. I am your guide."

    It was then that Edmund and Harvey shared a look. It was no secret that Liliandil was beautiful, and if Caspian hadn't been so engrossed in him, James would've been worried. However, he was too busy looking after the blonde as his body contorted and cracked back into human form.

  "You're a star." The Gallagher boy awed as she nodded.

  Edmund's eyes were trained upon her. "You are most beautiful."

  "And you are most disgusting." Retorted James, still upset with his comments from in the Navigation room. "Doesn't anyone here have respect for women?"

  "If it is a distraction for you, I can change form."

  "No." Edmund and Harvey protested at the same time. This caused Caspian to chuckle and rubbed James' shoulder, comfortingly. He knew it was a lot for the Pevensie boy to cope with.

  "Please." Liliandil gestured to the table, it illuminating as if it were some broadway show. "The food is for you. There is enough for all who are welcome at Aslan's table. Always. Help yourselves."

     Reaching forwards, the men felt elated. This was for them.

  "Stop!" James protested; everyone froze. "What happened to these men?"

  "These poor men were half mad by the time they reached our shores." She explained. "They were threatening violence upon each other. Violence is forbidden at the table of Aslan, so they were sent to sleep."

  "Will they' ever wake?" Lucy begged the question burning inside of her brothers mind.

  "When all is put right. Come, there is little time."

Following her footsteps, the royal group- and Harvey, removed themselves from the room. Their crew stuffed as much food as they could into their faces and pockets alike.

"I don't like this." James mumbled to Caspian, feeling the bile arise in his throat.

"Just smile." Caspian advised. "We need her help."

"My baby brother fancies her, and my best friend. She's a bloody star."

"You're a panther, James." Caspian tried. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to get the idea across. It's never the same if you're from another world. It was exactly what they needed. "And I still love you."

"I love you too."

Liliandil described that being stood at the edge of a cliff was the best idea. There was a stone barrier around the outside, but it didn't feel as if it was going to do anything.

  "The magician, Coriakin, told you of Dark Island?"

  "Yes." Caspian agreed, confidently.

  Their eyes snapped to the growing black and green mist in the middle of the ocean, surrounding them as it seeped through the air. "Before long, the evil will be unstoppable."

  "Coriakin said to break its spell, we lay the seven swords at Aslan's table."

  "He speaks the truth."

  "But we only found six." Edmund huffed.

  "It might have been more helpful if he'd told us where to find them." James offered, not wanting anyone to eat themselves up over a lack of communication.

  "Do you know where the seventh is?" The Gallagher boy questioned.

  "In there." She pointed to the mist she'd been showcasing. "You will need great courage. Now, waste no time."

"I hope we meet again." Harvey smiled, sincerely. Truly, he was magical.

  "Goodbye." She smiled, her physical being ascending.

    It was then that James smiled properly. "Come on, then. Let's risk our lives for a cause we don't really care about!"

•  -  -  •
1980
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I don't own anything to do with the Narnia book series or film trilogy. These predominantly belong to C.S. Lewis. However, I do own James Pevensie, Alfie and Harvey Gallagher, and their respective alterations to the storyline.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

86.6K 1.5K 33
ReaderXEdmund Hello friends! This is a sequel to my first Narnia FanFic "An Unexpected Romance." This story takes place during the Voyage of the Daw...
230K 5.2K 23
❝ rose pevensie, the bright. the high queen of narnia . ❞ dreams cannot predict the future, no. but they sure as hell can show you a whole other wo...
251K 9.3K 60
❝𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺.❞ ━━━━━━ 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖆 ༻❁ though the world has kept us apart, this tether ...
156K 3.2K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...