Pokemon fanfic (Kanto Journey)

By SkyQueen0

Ash(ley) Ketchum, a new Trainer from Pallet Town, aims to become a world-famous Pokémon Master who travels wi... More

Profile
The Start of Our Journey!
Pokémon Emergency!
Caterpie, you're Mine!
Challenge of the Samurai!
Showdown in Pewter City!
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokémon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander - The Stray Pokémon
Here Comes The Squirtle Squad!
Mystery At The Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck, Island of the Giant Pokémon!
Beauty and The Beach
Tentacool & Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
The Tower of Terror

Bye-Bye Butterfree?

369 12 3
By SkyQueen0

---------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, we join our hero Ashley on her continuing quest to become a Pokemon master. With her friends Brock, Misty, and Elektra, Ash's next adventure is on the horizon.

---------------------------------------------------------------

On their way to Saffron City, Ash, Misty, and Brock come to the top of a high cliff.

"That's a long drop, Ashley says with a sweatdrop.

Misty replied. "Fall from here and the ballgame's over."

While looking over the map Brock says, "This ridge leads right to Saffron City.

"The Saffron Gym..." Ashley muttered as she sighed, thinking about the gym.

"Something wrong Ash?" Misty asked.

"It's just...I've heard rumors about Sabrina, the Saffron Gym Leader not only being a psychic-type Pokemon specialist. But she's also a powerful psychic user," she answered.

"Yeah, and a lot of trainers avoid going to Saffron City because they're terrified of Sabrina," Brock replied.

But before the discussion could continue, everyone sees a big group of Butterfree in the sky.

"The Buttrefree are celebrating their season of love. It's when Butterfree finds a mate and then lay their eggs the sea," Brock

"How cute!" Misty exclaimed.

"I can't believe it's that time of the year already. Well then, let's get this show on the road guys!"

By following the group of Butterfree in a rented hot air balloon, Ash sends out her Butterfree so he can find a mate. And as it turns out, other hot air balloons began to appear since they're buttterfree trainers who come at this time of te year to release their Butterfree.

It was a glorious sight of hundreds and thousands of Butterfree pairing off as a couple. Each one that found their destined partner. All except for Ashley's Butterfree it seems.

Brock theorized, "Maybe none of those Butterfree are its type."

"I guess so.."

"What do you two mean by 'its type?' The Butterfree all look exactly the same to me." Misty was confused so Ashley clarifies.

"Brock means that some fly better than others or have slightly different patterns. Each Butterfree may look the same, but they possess certain changes that make them unique in the eyes of their species that they find interesting."

Deciding that maybe another location would be best, Butterfree flew into the forest. And that's when he saw her...

A pink Butterfree who was being chased by a Fearow!!

Like a knight in shining armor, Butterfre swooped in to defend the pink Butterfree as he used a strong Gust attack to blow that birdbrain away!

And it seemed that the pink Butterfree was more than impressed by its determination as she thanked the now bashful Butterfree.

"That Butterfree has different coloring," Brock says.

"It's so cute!" Misty gushes.

Seeing how the pink Butterfree is being friendly with Ash's Butterfree while flying together she interprets, "It looks like Butterfree has finally found his mate."

Brock agrees, "Yeah, love at first sight with that pink one."

Suddenly, Team Rocket arrives in a helicopter. They say their motto and then they capture all of the Butterfree, except Ash's Butterfree, with a net.

Seeing that the Butterfree that he loves is endangered, Ash's Butterfree tries to break the glass on the helicopter by using Tackle, but it doesn't work. It then tries to use Stun Spore to stop them, but it doesn't work either. And while Team Rocket flees, Ashley's Butterfree guides her and her friends in a canyon to an abandoned warehouse.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Through a window, Jessie, James, and Meowth count all the 100 Butterfree they caught. While breaking into the warehouse, Ashley, Misty, and Brock say their own little version of Team Rocket's motto.

"Prepare for trouble." Ash starts off.

"And you can make that triple." Misty continues.

"To protect the world from devastation," says Brock.

Ashley and Misty said simultaneously; "To unite all peoples within our nation."

"This was just..." "...Too good..." "...To last." The Team Rocket trio was not impressed by being ripped off.

"You got that right."

"We're defending the beauty of truth and love!" Misty states.

"Butterfree, I choose you!"

"Go Starmie!"

While Misty sends out Starmie and tells it to use Tackle to chase Team Rocket while Ash's Butterfree starts to Tackle the net holding all of the other Butterfree. After many tries, Butterfree finally breaks the net open.

"Hurry up! Fly away!" Brock says as he opens up the doors and the Butterfree fly above Team Rocket, who are desperately trying to use their nets to recapture them.

While Team Rocket tries to catch the Butterfree by getting back into their helicopter. However, Ash and her friends follow them in their rented balloon and they quickly find them.

"The flock of Butterfree!" Misty says worryingly as Team Rocket begins their Butterfree net catching again. And yet, all is not lost! Everyone watches as Ash's Butterfree flies to the helicopter with Elektra riding him.

As soon as Elektra jumps on the helicopter she destroys it with an electric attack.

Team Rocket falls into a canyon, disappearing into the darkness.

"That'll teach them not to mess with Pokemon romance!" Misty says as she and Ashley high-five each other.

"Great work Elektra! You too Butterfree!"

("All in a day's work!")

---------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the cliff, all the Butterfree are safe and sound from Team Rocket. Free to continue finding love as Ash's Butterfree and the pink Butterfree begin their courtship dance to one another.

A mating ritual where a Butterfree commenced a dance to get their attention. If accepted, the other Butterfree is to dance too. And lucky for us, the Pink Butterfree accepted the dance of Ash's Butterfree.

"I guess you'll have to leave us now, huh Butterfree?" Ashley was sad to depart with Butterfree. But as the old saying goes, 'If you love something, set it free. And if it comes back, then it's yours.'

"Please take care of yourselves."

"Your babies are gonna be beautiful," Misty says

"I guess you better get going," Brock concludes

It seemed like it was going to be a tearful goodbye. However, the Pink Butterfree was nudging Ashley.

"What's the matter with the Pink Butterfree?" Misty asked.

"I think she's trying to say something to Ashley." Brock speculate.

"What is it? What's the matter?"

("Butterfree loves you just as much as you love him, right?")

"With all my heart and soul."

("Then, for Butterfree's happiness. I would like for you to capture me.")

"Huh?!?"

"Ash, what is it?"

"What did the Pink Butterfree say, Ashley?"

"She wants me to capture her."

"WHAT?!?!?" Everyone, including Elektra and Ash's Butterfree, was in great shock over the Pink Butterfree's declaration.

"Why on earth would you want to be captured?" Ashley asked the Pink Butterfree.

("You would give up being with Butterfree to help him achieve his dream. Whereas Butterfree would have given up having a mate to still be with you. Seeing the love and care you have for one another finalized my decision. I want to be captured by you so that Butterfree can still be with his beloved Trainer. You're different compared to other humans. So I wouldn't have any other way.")

"Okay!" Accepting the Pink Butterfree's reasoning for wanting to be captured. And to commemorate this day, the Pink Butterfree will henceforth be known as Pecha. Due to the pink coloring that resembles a Pecha Berry.

"Butterfree, I promise to take good care of you and your mate," Ashley says as she recaptures her Buttfree back inside his Poke-ball as his and Pecha's Poke-ball were transported to Professor Oak's lab.

"Good for you Ash!"                             "Congratulations!"

Misty and Brock congratulated Ashley for not only gaining another Pokemon. But for also still maintaining Butterfree as her Pokemon.

"Thank you!" Ashley says as the tears she tried to withhold finally ran down her face.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Good friendships last forever as new companionships rise from that everlasting bond.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 6.9K 139
Ash Ketchum. A young and inspiring trainer who just became Alolan Champion and is now on his way back home. When Ash gets home, he finds out he's go...
21K 816 13
A team and a partner that was all a trainer needed but what if that very own team and the partner Ash had for years, suddenly decided that he wasn't...
1.6K 5 47
Callie, struggling from her experience in Octo Canyon, wants to rebuild her confidence and become the greatest star in the Inkadia Region with her co...
126K 2.6K 61
*COMPLETE**EDITS COMPLETE* Ash Ketchum is a brand new trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region at 16 years old. His dream is to become the very b...