Invisible Things (Hermione Gr...

By THE_SHIP_SHALL_SAIL

"It's the invisible things, Granger. Like the way I feel when you smile that smile that leaves me like a flut... More

Year 1: Philosopher's Stone
Chapter One: The Story Begins
Chapter Two: First Classes
Chapter Three: Rivalry
Chapter Four: Detention
Chapter Five: The Trapdoor
Year 2: Chamber Of Secrets
Chapter One: Family Troubles
Chapter Two: Pixie Trouble
Chapter Three: The Heir
Chapter Four: Dobby's Visit
Chapter Five: Best Friend
Chapter Six: Petrified
Chapter Seven: The Chambers
Year 3: Prisoner Of Azkaban
Chapter One: Dementors
Chapter Two: Buckbeak
Chapter Three: Lion
Chapter Four: Realizations
Chapter Six: Rescue Mission
Year 4: Goblet Of Fire
Chapter One: The Attack
Chapter Two: Unforgivable Curses
Chapter Three: Eternal Glory
Chapter Four: Butterflies
Chapter Five: Battling Dragons
Chapter Six: Prince And Princess
Chapter Seven: Bath Time
Chapter Eight: The Black Lake
Chapter Nine: Into The Graveyard
Goblet Of Fire: Bloopers and Behind
Year 5: Order Of The Phoenix
Chapter One: Pink
Chapter Two: Punishment
Chapter Three: Recruitment
Chapter Four: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter Five: Flirting
Chapter Six: Truth Serum
Chapter Seven: Prophecies
Order Of The Phoenix: Bloopers and Behind
Year 6: Half-Blood Prince
Chapter One: Unbreakable Vow
Chapter Two: Choosing Sides
Chapter Three: Lost
Chapter Four: Family
Chapter Five: For Eternity
Chapter Six: Slughorn's Dinner Party
Chapter Seven: Trust
Chapter Eight: Moonlight
Chapter Nine: Without Her
Chapter Ten: Studying
Year 1: Chapter One (Rewrite)

Chapter Five: Scabbers

6.7K 250 83
By THE_SHIP_SHALL_SAIL

"Beautiful day." Hermione said, speed walking in front of the three boys as they made their way to Hagrid's.

"Gorgeous. Unless you've been ripped to pieces!" Ron snapped.

"Ripped to pieces?" Harry spoke, rolling his sleeves up.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ronald has lost his cat." Hermione sighed, shaking her head.

"I haven't lost anything!" Ron spat, catching up next to her.

"Your cat killed him!"

"Rubbish." Hermione argued, walking faster to get ahead of Ron.

"10 galleons the rat is alive." Y/N whispered into Harry's ear with a smirk before running up to Hermione, his hands in his pockets.

"Harry, you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers is always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone!" Ron spoke behind Hermione's back but made sure she heard him.

"Well, maybe you should take better care of your pets!" Hermione snapped back.

Y/N yawned, Ron had been bothering Hermione all day about Scabbers and Y/N had gotten in the middle of it due to him always being with Hermione.

"Give it a rest, Ronald. The poor rat didn't have much longer in him anyways, did you see how horrid it looked?" Y/N said sarcastically, keeping his hands in his pockets as he yawned once more.

Y/N had been extra tired lately. He had been practicing his magic a lot with his mysterious book in a random room he'd found called the The Room Of Requirements.

"Y/N! Hermione's cat killed him!" Ron shouted.

"Did not!" Hermione yelled back.

"Did." Ron's eyes darted away.

"Didn't." Hermione replied, dragging Y/N by the arm down the stairs.

"Granger, slow down!" Y/N cried as she pulled him down, leaving Ron and Harry far behind.

Hermione let go of Y/N's arm, realizing her anger.

"Sorry, Y/N." She muttered, slowing down her pace for Y/N to catch up properly.

Y/N jogged up in front of her, stopping her in her tracks. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, Y/N couldn't tell if it was messy or if it was just her hair's natural curliness but she looked flawless either way.

"Calm down, Lion." Y/N chuckled, amused at her annoyance.

"You're gonna get wrinkles from frowning so much."

"It's not funny." Hermione puffed out her cheeks, crossing her arms and looked to the side.

Y/N couldn't help but laugh at her. Her voice was so serious yet her actions seemed to be a bit childish. She was cute.

"You're ugly when you're upset." Y/N raised an eyebrow, his cheeky smile never leaving his face.

Y/N placed his hand on her chin, softly tilting her head to face him. Her eyes were glossy after her short argument with Ron making Y/N's heart feel heavy.

"Besides, I'm sure Crookshanks wouldn't want to eat that smelly, old rat." Y/N joked, making her giggle.

Y/N looked behind Hermione to see Ron and Harry catching up. He let go of her chin, pocketing his hands once more before walking off to meet with Hagrid.

"You finally smiled." Y/N muttered to himself, hiding the soft smile on his face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" Hermione questioned the half giant who threw pebbles across the lake.

Harry sat on a rock while Ron threw pebbles as well. Y/N sat on the ground, staring at the water as Hermione stood next to him, keeping her attention to Hagrid. The sky had gotten dim with clouds covering the sun.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there." Hagrid spoke up before skipping another oversized pebble.

"And then I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as he look at you."

"And then?" Hermione questioned, taking a seat next to Y/N.

"And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius."

Y/N was quiet. He knew how many terrible things his father did yet he could only stand and watch. His words meant nothing to his father if his family was the ones getting hurt even if it was their fault or not.

Hermione seemed to notice Y/N's saddened expression, laying her head on his shoulder as they stared out into the lake that grew darker by the minute. Y/N gently laid his head onto hers, sighing as the conversation continued.

"They're not sacking you!" Harry yelled.

"No, I'm not sacked." Hagrid mumbled so quietly the others barely heard.

Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!" Hagrid cried out loudly, unable to keep it in anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Broaden your minds! You must look beyond!" Professor Trelawny once again shouted out her nonsense to the class.

"The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eye! Only then can you see. Try again."

Y/N chuckled at Ron who had fallen asleep in the class as Hermione and Harry stared into the Crystal Ball. The Crystal Ball was a light blue and cloudy inside, Hermione thought it resembled Y/N's eyes when his mind had wondered off and lost in his thoughts.

"What do we have here?" Trelawny walked up to their table, waking Ron up.

"Ohh! Uh! Do you mind me trying?" Hermione perked up, pretending to be excited.

Y/N watched her with amusement, fully aware that she did not care for the class one bit.

"The Grim, possibly." She said, her smile turning into a straight face.

Professor Trelawny sighed, leaning up closer to Hermione.

"My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class..." She grabbed Hermione's hand into hers.

"I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit... for the noble art of Divination." She studied Hermione's hand, tracing around the lines.

Y/N chuckled at Hermione's offended expression, obviously not believing a word that the Professor said.

"No, you see, there." She tracing the line going along Hermione's palm.

"You may be young in years, but your heart is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave."

"Here we go." Y/N whispered, packing his books to get ready.

Hermione shoved the Professor's hand off of hers before grabbing her bag and pushing the Crystal Ball off the table and then walked off.

Y/N laughed, grabbing Hermione's book that she had left behind before chasing after her, causing whispers to be heard all throughout the classroom.

"Wait up, Granger." Y/N panted, running after her down the stairs.

Hermione stopped and turned around to face Y/N.

"How come I always seem to be chasing after you?" Y/N raised an eyebrow at her, handing her the book she had left behind.

"I'm dropping Divination." Hermione sighed, frowning.

"We're dropping Divination." Y/N corrected, grabbing her hand and walking off.

"The class was filled with a bunch of bullshit anyways."

"Language, Y/N!" Hermione smacked him on the shoulder as he lead her through the halls.

"Where are we going anyways?"

"We've got about half an hour to kill before our next class so..." Y/N flashed a cheesy smile at her as he lead her out of the castle.

"Y/N, you know we're not allowed to be outside when classes are going on." Hermione scolded him, trying to pull him back through the door.

"You know, Granger. You're right-" Y/N walked towards her, letting go of her hand.

Hermione sighed in relief, believing that Y/N would give up.

"But..." Y/N spoke up once more, placing his arm around Hermione's back.

"Since when did I ever listen to you?" Y/N chuckled, placing his other arm around her legs, lifting her up bridal style.

"Y/N!" Hermione squealed, wrapping her arms around Y/N's neck making him laugh harder.

"Put me down!"

"Blah blah blah, yip yap yep!" Y/N teased, running out of the castle with Hermione in his arms.

"Seriously, Y/N!" She yelled, holding on tightly to him.

"Sure! When we get to where I wanna take you!" Y/N laughed, carrying her all the way to a small area near the black lake where a single tree stood near the water.

Y/N finally let Hermione down, letting her smack him repetitively on the chest.

"Y/N! Don't ever do that again!" She scolded him, smacking him more.

"Yeah, yeah, mhm, I got it." Y/N giggled, running around the tree to get to her.

Hermione chased after him for a while before getting tired, panting on the spot.

"Why did you bring me here anyways?" Hermione questioned the boy who warily walked up to her.

"It's my spot." Y/N calmly replied, his smile never fading.

"Your spot?" Hermione questioned, finally catching her breath.

"It's quiet, cool and no one ever comes here." Y/N stared out into the water.

"Well, I suppose it's our spot now."

Hermione walked beside Y/N, following his gaze. The sun was reflected by the dark colored water. It was a cloudy day and seemed a bit gloomy.

"Well, Granger. Wanna see some magic I've learned?" Y/N spoke up once more, locking eyes with Hermione's brown ones.

"From the book you found in our first year?" Hermione questioned him before Y/N summoned the book into his hands.

"Yep!" Y/N exclaimed quite excitedly.

Y/N flipped to a chapter in the book labeled 'Sigil's'. Originally, he hadn't planned on learning Sigil's for anything, he believed it would only be a waste of time. Though as he learned of his feelings for a certain curly locked girl, he wanted to see if there was anything he could do to earn her smile.

Hermione raised an eyebrow at Y/N who bent down on one knee before placing his hand on the ground and closing his eyes. Odd writing that resembled ancient runes began to write itself down on the ground under them, written in a sort of flat blue light that reminded Hermione of Y/N's blue flames.

"It won't hurt you." Y/N whispered, his eyes still closed.

Hermione watched as the wind blew strong under Y/N and Y/N only, his hair flying up with lightning sparking around him that instantly died down as soon as Y/N opened his eyes. The writing remained.

"Well, shall we go then?" Y/N smirked, standing up.

"Go?" Hermione gasped slightly when Y/N wrapped his arm around her waist.

The two of them seemed to float off the ground with the circle of runes following under their feet.

"What-" Hermione yelled in shock, holding onto Y/N as he held her.

"Tell me before you do something like this!" Hermione smacked him on the shoulder once more, only making Y/N chuckle.

She had never really hit him hard ever, no matter how annoyed or angry she was. Hermione hugged Y/N tightly, afraid of falling. They were about 50 meters off the ground.

"Don't tell me-" Y/N spoke up, his voice seemed to be in sarcastic shock.

"The Hermione Granger is afraid of heights?!" 

"Shut up." She mumbled into his chest, hiding the huge blush on her face.

Y/N wondered if Hermione could hear how fast his heart was beating at that moment.

"Forgive me, dear Lion." Y/N said with a genuinely sorry smile.

"You trust me though, don't you?"

Hermione was silent for a while before answering.

"Yeah." She muttered.

"Take my hand." Y/N whispered, peeling himself off her slightly.

Hermione did so, taking Y/N's hand yet kept facing towards him, afraid of looking down at the ground beneath them.

"Follow my lead." Y/N instructed, moving away slightly from Hermione.

Hermione kept her eyes on Y/N as he walked in the air, following him as he tried to make her feel safe on his Sigil. Y/N then moved away, standing beside her instead of in front.

"Look ahead, Granger." Y/N said, holding her hand tight.

Hermione did so to see random splashes of water that seemingly appeared out of nowhere, forming little rainbows in the sky. Y/N felt tugs at his heart, watching her eyes sparkle at the sight.

"It's beautiful." She said, watching the mini rainbows dance.

"Yeah..." Y/N agreed, his eyes staying on Hermione.

"Beautiful."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione glared at a man who sat on one of the benches in the courtyard, sharpening his large axe as they made their way to Hagrid's.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak." Hermione spat as they walked through the short tunnel that would lead them to the field.

"It's just too horrible."

"It just got worse." Ron's eyebrows tilted up upon seeing Draco and his friends.

Y/N looked to see his brother, watching Hagrid's hut behind a rock with binoculars. Hermione instantly made her way across to him, walking fast before the three boys could even react.

"Look who's here." Crabbe said, noticing them.

"Ah! Come to see the show?" Draco mocked with a huge grin on his face.

"You!" Hermione growled, clutching her wand in her hand as she made her way to him.

"You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"

She pinned Draco against the wall with her wand pointed to his neck, terrifying him.

"Granger don't!" Y/N jogged up behind her, grabbing her by the shoulders.

Hermione didn't budge. She kept her wand at Draco's throat, making him whimper in fear.

"C'mon, Lion. Let him drown in his own insecurities, no need to hurt my brother." Y/N pulled her away.

Y/N kept his hands on Hermione's shoulders as they backed away.

"Yeah, control your girlfriend, Y/N!" Draco laughed, confident that his brother wouldn't let any harm get to him.

"Right." Y/N whispered, rolling his eyes.

Y/N let go of Hermione, letting her punch Draco in the face. Y/N heard a crunch at the impact, throwing Draco's head back into the rock making him groan in pain.

"Remind me to never piss Granger off." Y/N mumbled to Harry who simply nodded, gulping.

Draco got up with the help of his friends, running away from them. Y/N watched his brother with a smile. He loved his brother, really, but he deserved that one. Y/N was genuinely impressed with Hermione's action, making him fall even harder.

"That felt good." Hermione said with a shy smile.

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron replied, grinning back.

Thunder grumbled as the quartet ran down the hill over to Hagrid's hut.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them." Hagrid said, watching Buckbeak through his window with Harry.

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry suggested innocently.

"They'd know it was Hagrid. My father won't just stand by and let it happen. He'd get Dumbledore involved." Y/N replied from behind them, sitting at the table with Ron and Hermione.

"He's coming down you know, Dumbledore. He says he wants to be wit me when they..." Hagrid trailed off.

"When it happens... Great man, Dumbledore."

Hagrid looked away from the window, grabbing a small dead animal and throwing it to one of his creatures that lived inside the hut.

"We'll stay with you too." Hermione stood up, determined to stay by their friend's side.

"You'll do no such thing! Think I want you seeing something like that? No." Hagrid exclaimed, angrily.

"You just drink your tea and be off. Oh. Before you do, Ron..."

Hagrid walked towards his kitchen, opening a small empty biscuit container to reveal a rat. Hagrid gently picked it up and handed it to Ron. In the meantime, Y/N made his way next to Harry.

"Scabbers! You're alive!" Ron said happily, holding the rat tightly.

"Keep a closer eye on your pets, Ron." Hagrid warned.

"I think you owe someone an apology." Hermione spoke up.

"Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know." Ron said sarcastically.

"I meant me!" Hermione spat.

"10 Galleons." Y/N whispered to Harry, making him groan.

A pot on the table suddenly shattered, spilling the sand-like material inside it.

"Blimey! What was that?!" Hagrid yelled in surprise.

Hermione picked up a small pebble on the table that seemed to be the cause of the pot breaking.

"Ow!" Harry clutched his head in pain before looking out the window where the pebble came from.

"Hagrid!" Harry pointed outside, revealing the man with the axe they had seen later along with Dumbledore and Fudge.

"It's late. It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here." Hagrid scolded the four.

"Someone sees you outside the castle this time of night, you'll be in trouble, big trouble. Particularly you, Harry."

"Come on." Y/N whispered, tugging at Harry towards the back door.

"With you in a moment!" Hagrid called out kindly when they heard the knock on the door.

"Quick. Quick!" Hagrid ushered them out.

Hermione was first to the door, being the closest. She peeked her head out just as Hagrid opened the door for Dumbledore and the others. They quickly ran through the pumpkin patch, ducking behind the giant ones that were stacked together.

"...hereinafter called 'the condemned,' shall be executed this day at sundown." They overheard Fudge.

"Dear, dear..." Hagrid began to tear up.

"Now, now, Hagrid. Now, come on." Dumbledore placed a hand on his shoulder.

Hermione and Y/N heard a twig snap behind them, swinging their heads to see no one there.

"What?" Harry questioned the two.

"I thought I just saw..." Hermione trailed off before shaking her head.

"Never mind."

"Let's go!" Ron whisper-yelled, leading the other three away from the small garden.

They ran up the hill as fast as they could before hiding behind the same large rocks that they were at before. They watched as the man lifted his axe. The quartet couldn't see buckbeak due to a tree in their way but heard the slicing of the axe.

Hermione wrapped her arms around Y/N's neck, burying her face into his shoulder, unable to watch the scene any longer. Y/N felt his shirt get wet by Hermione's tears. Y/N wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her gently. Hermione felt safe in his arms, fully facing him as their bodies pressed together.

"Ugh!" Ron groaned, dropping Scabbers and gaining the two's attentions.

Hermione lifted her face from Y/N's shoulder but kept her arms wrapped around his neck. Y/N's arms remained around her but their heads darted towards Ron who clutched his finger that was now bleeding.

"He bit me. Scabbers!"

Ron quickly rushed off, sprinting after his pet rat.

"Ron!" Hermione yelled, finally letting go of Y/N and running after Ron.

Y/N shook his head before sprinting after his friends. His mind running from the small interaction he had just gotten out of with Hermione.

"God, why did it have to be Granger." Y/N cursed under his breath.

"Scabbers, come back!" Y/N heard Ron shout from a distance.

"Wait!" Harry yelled, now in lead.

Y/N had easily caught up to them and now ran alongside Hermione. The three of them continued chasing after Ron as he ran towards a large tree. Y/N instantly identified the tree, pulling Harry by the hood and Hermione by the hand to stop them from going any further. Ron was too far to be stopped.

"Scabbers, you bit me!" Ron dove to catch his rat.

"Harry, you do realize what tree this is?" Hermione's eyes fell on the tree as Y/N held her back.

Y/N let go of Harry's hood and Hermione's hand, staring at Ron who scolded his rat on the floor.

"That's not good." Harry said upon realizing.

"Ron, run!"

Ron looked up in shock before shakily pointing his finger at the three, his mouth dropping as his eyes widened.

"Harry, Hermione, Y/N, run!" He yelled making the three turn their heads behind them.

They instantly saw a big black wolf, growling at them, only a few meters back.

"It's the Grim!"

The wolf began to bark, sprinting straight at the trio. Y/N instinctively wrapped his arms around Hermione to protect her when the wolf jumped straight over them, dashing at Ron.

"Harry!" Ron cried out as the wolf dug it's teeth into Ron's leg, pulling him away.

"Ron!" Harry shouted back, running after him.

The trio ran after him as he screamed in pain and fear, clawing at the grass to stop him but it didn't help. The wolf dragged him into a passage in the Whomping Willow.

"Help!" Ron screamed, holding his hand out.

"Ron!" Harry yelled, diving into the ground to catch Ron's help but the wolf was much faster.

"Ron!" Hermione shouted, helping Harry up.

"Right guys, as sad as losing Weasley is. We've got bigger problems right now." Y/N gulped, pointing to the large tree branch that quickly made it's way to them.

The three of them groaned in pain as the branch made contact with their stomachs, sending them flying backwards, landing with a thud on the ground.

Ron's cried echoed out of the Whomping Willow as the three of them got up to their feet once more.

"Come on!" Harry said, pulling the other two behind him, dodging the tree's branches that swung at them.

"Move!" Harry yelled as two branches split him apart with Hermione and Y/N.

"Come on, Granger!" Y/N shouted, getting her back to her feet as they ran towards the tree.

"Duck!" Hermione instructed a little too late.

She managed to duck under the branch that swung at them but Y/N and Harry were not so lucky, sending them a few feet away from Hermione. Harry's glasses fell straight off, groaning upon the impact.

"Why couldn't I learn a helpful spell for situations like these? Why did I choose to learn a spell for a Muggle-born instead?!" Y/N muttered to himself, picking Harry's glasses up as he helped him up to his feet.

"I'm seriously gonna go crazy." Y/N mumbled, handing Harry's glasses to him.

Y/N was cut out of his moment when he heard Hermione's screaming. Y/N's eyes darted to where he heard her to see her on one of the flying branches, holding on for dear life.

"Harry! Y/N!" She yelled as the branch made it's way towards the two boys.

"Uh oh." Y/N gulped.

The tree came swinging at them, forcing them to be stuck on the tree, the same way Hermione was. All three of them screamed loudly when the branch swung down, causing them to fall perfectly through the hole Ron was dragged into.

Hermione screeched, sliding down the hall and falling onto Y/N's back.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said, getting up off him.

"If you wanted a hug, you could of just said so." Y/N teased as Hermione helped him up.

"Where do you suppose this goes?" Hermione ignored him.

"I have a hunch." Harry said, dusting his shirt off.

"I just hope I'm wrong."

They followed the cave with stairs leading up to a trap door. They climbed up it to reveal it being a small house that creaked with every step they took.

"We're in the Shrieking Shack, aren't we?" Hermione whispered, looking around the house that seemed to sway ever so slightly.

"Come on." Harry whispered back, taking Hermione's hand.

Hermione took Y/N's leading him behind her as Harry lead them up the wooden stairs. The whole house was dimly lit, with the windows boarded up. They followed Ron's groans of pain into a room.

"Ron!" Harry exclaimed, running into the room first.

"Ron. You're okay!" Hermione entered behind him with Y/N following.

"The dog. Where is it?" Harry questioned Ron who hugged Scabbers, sitting on an old mattress.

"Harry! It's a trap! He's the dog! He's an Animagus!" Ron stuttered, pointing behind the trio.

Their eyes followed wet paw prints on the dusty wooden floors to reveal Sirius Black, blocking their only exit. His clothes were tattered and his face was pale. He looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks or showered.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" Hermione defended, standing in front of Harry defensively.

"No. Only one will die tonight." Sirius said, his voice was scatchy.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry shouted, pushing Hermione to the side, running up to Sirius.

"Granger!" Y/N yelled, catching her before she fell over.

Y/N's hands remained on Hermione's arms as they watched Harry stranger Sirius. Harry quickly overpowered the weak-looking man, pushing him to the floor before pointing his wand at him.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius chuckled.

Y/N scrunched up his face at the man. He had never seen anyone with teeth as dirty as him.

"Expelliarmus!" Lupin burst through the doors, casting the spell at Harry.

Harry instantly got up, making his way to his friends. Hermione grabbed him by the arm, pulling him to the small corner they stayed in.

"Well, well, Sirius. Looking rather ragged, aren't we?" Lupin panted, pointing his wand at the man who lay on the floor.

"Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within."

"Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius joked.

Lupin smiled before dropping his wand and pulling Sirius up to his feet. They both instantly locked arms, hugging each other tightly. Hermione let go of Y/N and Harry, tilting her head with a betrayed expression on her face as she walked in front of the younger boys.

"I found him!" Sirius said estatically.

"It's him!"

"I understand." Lupin pulled away but kept him hands on him.

"No! I trusted you!" Hermione yelled loudly, startling the two men slightly.

"And all this time, you've been his friend! He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!"

Lupin's smile dropped, letting go of Sirius and walking over slowly to Hermione. Y/N instantly pulled her back behind him, standing in front of her protectively.

"How long have you known?" Lupin questioned them.

"We've guessed it since Professor Snape set the essay." Y/N answered for her, glaring at him.

"Well, well, well, Y/N and Hermione. You really are the brightest students of your age I've ever met." Lupin praised though with hidden anger.

"Enough!" Sirius yelled, making Hermione flinch.

"Enough talk, Remus! Come on, let's kill him!"

"Wait!" Lupin shouted, pointing his wand at Sirius once more.

"I did my waiting!" Sirius yelled.

"Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!"

Lupin went quiet, his eyes darting back to the quartet.

"Very well. Kill him." Lupin sighed, handing his wand over to Sirius.

"But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why."

"I know why!" Harry spoke up.

"You betrayed my parents! You're the reason they're dead!"

"No Harry, it wasn't him. Somebody did betray your parents but it was somebody who, until quite recently, I believe to be dead!" Lupin exclaimed. 

"Who was it, then?!" Harry yelled back, standing in front of his friends.

"Peter Pettigrew! And he's in this room! Right now!" Sirius answered with a big smile.

Y/N shivered at him. The man seemed to be crazy or something.

"Come out, come out, Peter! Come out, come out and play!"

"Expelliarmus!" Snape appeared from the doorway, causing the wand to fly out of Sirius's hand.

"Where are they all coming fro-" Y/N was shut up by Hermione's hand over his mouth, making him go quiet.

"Ah! Vengeance is sweet." Snape said, aiming his wand at Sirius.

"How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you."

"Severus..." Lupin tried to get the wand out of Snape's hand but he only switched his aim to Lupin.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping a friend into the castle. And now, here's the proof." Snape continued.

"Brilliant, Snape." Sirius smirked.

"You've put your keen mind to the task and as usual come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to."

Sirius walked towards Snape only for Snape to aim his wand at his neck.

"Give me a reason. I beg you!" Snape threatened.

"Severus don't be a fool." Lupin shook his head.

"He can't help it. It's habit by now-" 

"Sirius be quiet!" Lupin cut him off.

"Be quiet yourself, Remus!" Sirius yelled.

"Look at you two, quarrelling like an old married couple." Snape teased though his face remained expressionless.

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set!" Sirius snapped, only angering Snape further.

"I could do it, you know." Snape pushed his wand closer to his throat.

"But why deny the dementors? They're so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear? Oh, yes. A Dementor's Kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best."

Y/N felt Harry's hand graze his side. His eyes darted towards it to see Harry slowly steal Hermione's wand from her waist.

"Granger." Y/N whispered, taking her hand into his as Harry walked in front.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry casted, causing Snape to fly back into an old bed.

The impact caused the bed to break, dust spreading around the room.

"Harry! What did you just do?!" Ron exclaimed, his eyes widening.

"You attacked a teacher!" Hermione spat, backing up to Y/N, feeling safe at his touch.

"Tell me about Peter." Harry ignored his friends, aiming his wand at Sirius.

"He was at school with us. We thought he was our friend!" Lupin answered, causing Harry to aim his wand at him. 

"No. Pettigrew's dead. You killed him!" Harry exclaimed, pointing the wand at Sirius.

"I thought so too, until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the map!" Lupin walked in front of Sirius.

"The map was lying, then!" Harry shouted.

"The map never lies!" Sirius yelled impatiently.

"Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there!"

He pointed to Ron making Y/N pull Hermione away slightly.

"Me?! He's mental!" Ron exclaimed, still stuck sitting on the mattress.

"Not you! Your rat!" Sirius was obviously losing all of his patience.

"Scabbers has been in my family for..."

"Twelve years?" Sirius cut Ron off.

"Curiously long life for a common garden rat! He's missing a toe, isn't he?"

"So what?!" Ron snapped back, holding Scabbers tightly.

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his..." Harry pieced together.

"Finger!" Sirius answered.

"The dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead! And then he transformed into a rat!"

"Show me." Harry told him, pointing his wand at him.

Sirius tried to grab Scabbers only for Ron to pull away. Y/N pulled Hermione to the other corner, not wanting her to get in any harm's way.

"Give it to him, Ron." Harry instructed.

"What are you trying to do to him?!" Ron cried, refusing to let go of his rat.

Sirius quickly overpowered Ron, grabbing Scabbers from his hands before grabbing a wand from the ground and placing him on a small piano. Scabbers instantly ran away, dodging the spells both Sirius and Lupin casted at him. He jumped into a hole only for a spell to finally hit, causing him to turn into a human, half stuck in the hole. Lupin and Sirius both worked together to pull him out, shocking Ron a great deal.

They pushed him into the middle of the room making him cower in fear at the three wands aimed at him.

"Remus? Sirius?" Peter grinned innocently.

"My old friends!"

He pretended to go for a hug but instead tried to run past them but to no avail. Lupin and Sirius quickly caught him, pushing him back into the middle of the room.

"Harry! Look at you. You look so much like your father." Peter began to walk towards Harry.

"Like James. We were the best of friends-"

"How dare you speak to Harry!" Sirius pulled him back.

Peter growled before running behind the piano.

"How dare you talk about James in front of him!"

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort!" Lupin hissed.

"I didn't mean to!" Peter cried.

"The Dark Lord. You have no idea the weapons he possesses! Ask yourself, Sirius! What would you have done?"

"I would have died! I would have died, rather than betray my friends!" Sirius yelled.

Peter ducked down, crawling under the piano to escape. Harry quickly blocked the door only for Peter to hold onto his shoulders.

"Harry! James wouldn't have wanted me killed!" Peter lied.

"Your dad would have spared me! He would have shown me mercy!"

The two adults pulled him away from Harry.

"Should have realized, Peter! If Voldemort didn't kill you, we would. Together!" Sirius shouted, both of them aiming their wands at him once again.

"No!" Harry intervened.

"Harry, this man-"

"I know what he is." Harry cut Lupin off.

"But we'll take him to the castle."

"Bless you, boy. Bless you!" Peter cried, crawling to Harry's feet.

"Get off!" Harry kicked him off.

"I said we'd take you to the castle. After that, the dementors can have you." 

Peter shivered and cried, biting at his large fingernails. Y/N sighed in relief at the situation settled down, only now realizing that Hermione was hugging him tightly from the intensity of the whole situation that happened in front of them.

Y/N hugged her back though couldn't stop his heart from beating intensely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Long chapter today, almost fell asleep writing it lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658 30 21
Amely is a secret twin of Harry Potter. She's been living in America since the accident. And only two people knew, and that would be Albus and Hagrid...
6.1K 171 28
"But all those things you said to me." "It was all just a mask Hermione," I told her, "I had to say those things. I had to, because..." I thought abo...
328 55 16
PAUSED... WILL BE CONTINUED WHEN I COMPLETE "JINXED BY A CRAZY LOVE" OR WHEN I GET A NICE PLOT!!! Who said twins are identical in everything?...... ...
347K 11.6K 16
"You know what Potter... I think I'll take that offer," Draco began, walking closer towards me, backing me against the wall. "Wait, really?" I looked...