Chasing Her Heart

By RiaXwriter_

š•¬ š•¾š–Šš––š–šš–Šš–‘ š•æš–” š•­š–”š–šš–“š–‰ š•­š–ž š•­š–‘š–”š–”š–‰. ā€¢ She is Mufida. He is Haidar. They are both yearning for l... More

| CHASING HER HEART |
01| Home Sweet Home |
02| Family Dinner |
03| We Meet Again |
04| Have We Met Before? |
05| He Is The One |
06| Late Again |
07| What A Day |
08| Slay Quidnunc |
09| Second Chance |
10| Ephialtes |
11| Day Off |
12| Naija Here I Come |
13| Ephialtes Come True |
14| Tranquility & Toil |
15| The Meet Up |
16| Hitherto I |
17| Paradoxical Clamour |
18| Carried Off |
19| Hitherto II |
20| The Solution |
21| The Outcome |
22| Trepidation & Incertitude |
23| Favorable Outcome |
24| Back To Square One |
25| Factuality & Purpose |
26| Familia Fete |
27| Brought To Light |
28| Peak Of Hope |
29| First Brawl |
30| A Chance To Unite |
31| A New Beginning |
32| Awaiting My Destiny |
33| At Sixes And Sevens |
34| Bitter Sweet Bliss |
35| Together At Last |
36| Belle In Faze |
37| Blue Knock-back |
38| Undying Grieve |
39| Bitter Fate |
40| Devil In Disguise |
41| Dead And Buried Wounds |
42| Hidden Chemistry |
43| Bolt For Freedom |
44| Alter Of Ploy |
45| The Life Ahead |
46| The Heebie-Jeebies |
47| Dumped & Doomed |
48| Treacherous Bond |
49| Thorn In The Flesh |
50| EID MUBARAK |
51| At Peace |
52| My Life, My decisions |
54| Slumber Party |
55| Utterly Numb |
56| What A Life |
57| The Cover-up |
58| D-day |
59| Baby Fever |
60| who is she? |
61| Day One|
62| Bleak and Lifeless |
63| Lost |
64| little Hope? |
65| The Date |

53| Blissfulness & Repentance |

439 94 34
By RiaXwriter_

"Wallahil azeem I didn't do it deliberately Dad, I really thought he loved me truly but it turned out to be all false."Layla sobbed quietly, holding on to her veil tightly.

"Couldn't you have a halal relationship? I've been asking you if you're seeing anyone but you'll always say no, why did you lie to me Layla?"Her father questioned, furrowing his brows at her.

"Whenever I talk to him about marriage he'll say he isn't ready hence I didn't mention anything about him to you, I'm sorry it's my fault."Layla apologized for the thousandth time, her head down. She has regretted what she did, she can't help but feel miserable whenever the thought of her family abandoning her, as if she ain't family. It's hurting her seriously.

"Do you think what you did was right?"

Layla kept her head down, unable to utter a word or even make a movement.

"Even if you can't talk to me about it, what about your mother? I believe you're closer to her than me."He asked, and added with a serious face.

How she wished she doesn't have to witness such a day, where she won't have anything to say to defend or even protect herself. Muhammad really ruined her life, he showed her fake emotions, impregnated her not because he love her but just to abandon her. She ignored all the bad things people where saying about him, and listened to her heart. But what happened at the end ? He betrayed her and broke her trust.

She is heartbroken, and to top it all her family have deserted her, they feel like she isn't one of their own anymore, and it's really depressing.

It's not a good thing to be alone, when you have a family.

It's disheartening. No matter what your family does to you, even if they flog you, scold you at the end you'll get to know that they did it for your own well-being, to make a better future for you, and the next generations to come.

In life your family should be your first priority and not love. You family thought you how to love by loving you dearly, therefore, you shouldn't abandon them no matter how for who you love.

This is the lesson Layla learnt from loving the wrong person.

"That was not how I and your mother raised you Layla. I had high expectations from you, marry you off in a grandly manner, and not my reputation being at stake. I can't help but say this to you Layla, the thing you're carrying in your stomach if you don't know has ruined your life, do you think a sane man would like to marry you while being pregnant out of wedlock? What will the society say about it? Can you handle the taunts? The insults?"

Layla wept quietly into her veil, shaking her head repeatedly.

Her father is right.

What was she thinking when she gave out her Honor and dignity to Muhammad?

Ya Allah please forgive me and my sins. Silently prayed.

"I can handle it dad, I don't care about the society. All I want right now is your forgiveness and acceptance, staying away from you is really aching and depressing. I need my family's support and love in my current situation, please D—-"

"When you were dating him did you take us as your family?"Her mother cut in, with a sharp glare.

"Mom I....."Layla started but choked up with her own tears.

"There was this time Mayesha told me about it and not believing her was the worst decision I've ever made in my life."

"Mom I'm sorry, can't you feel my pain at least as your daughter?"Layla enquired furrowing her brows slightly at her mother who looked as if she was deep in thought.

"You should also feel my pain as my daughter."Her mother retorted. "We should get going it's getting late, we need to look for that documents."her mother said referring to her father and started for the door.

Her father followed suit but she stopped him by grabbing him by his elbow.

"Please...."She pleaded holding onto him elbow tightly. He slowly reach for her hand, placed his palm against it as if he was about to say something or assure her, but he removed her hand away from his body and left without even sparing her a glance.

Layla stood by the door, unable to stop him or say a word. She couldn't even move a limb, she stood there like a statue hearing faint voices around her, she couldn't fathom exactly whose voices it was. Her sight was completely blurry, she felt her head getting heavier by the time.

She held it tightly to reduce the pain, why her???? Why is she so unfortunate in life ?

Ya Allah, Astaghfirullaahal-'Adheemal-lathee laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoomu wa 'atoobu 'ilayhi.

She prayed silently before darkness over took her.

Amina smiled widely, even though her cheeks were severely hurting her because of the smile, but she didn't stop, she was happy she just received the best good news ever in her life. Like, what exactly can be better than being free?

At this point of her life nothing is better than that. She isn't getting married to anyone.

Yep, you read it right.

The alliance got cancelled. Yippeeee!!! She can't express how happy she is about it, she doesn't even know how she can thank Fa'iza for helping her out.

She did manage to make her uncle call of the alliance but only on one condition.

She is going to stay with him in Abuja :(

She agreed to it tho, it was a far more better option than marrying Hisham.

Not that he is a bad person, no. It's just that a part of her is telling her that they're not meant to be.

And whatever that's meant to be will always find it's way; and whoever that is the righteous spouse for her will show up One-Day or the other and same goes to Hisham.

They're leaving for Abuja today, her uncle is back already so sad that he didn't get the project. So she is currently packing all the loads she came with.

She blames no one but herself for that. For thinking she could be able to stay in Maiduguri.

Hmph!

"Your wedding has been called off."Habiba stated a bit sad, it was very evident on her face. She is also helping out with the packing.

Amina hummed and kept folding the cloth neatly.

"What of Ya Haidar's?"

Amina creased her forehead, completely confused with Habiba's endless questions. It's getting annoying, really!

"Why?"

"I want to visit Abuja so bad, and I'd surely get a chance during the wedding you see."

Amina's lips formed an 'o' shape and she smiled at Habiba softly. "You should come with me, I'm sure Ya Fa'ee won't have a problem with it. After all the wedding is just in a few months."

Deep down Amina just want someone she can talk to back there in Abuja, Halima is there but she is useless.

"No-way, Ummi would never allow it, and plus I've school."

"Have you tried asking her for permission?"Amina rose an eyebrow.

"What of Abbi, you know what just forget it, I just know that I'd be there for the wedding, In Shaa Allah."Habiba grinned from ear to ear.

"Can't wait."Amina returned with the same enthusiasm.

Heyyyyy!!!

I know and I'll start by apologizing to you guys, I couldn't update last week because my mom was seriously sick she had to be admitted, and we were in the hospital for almost a week, I didn't get the chance to write down anything even though my head was full of what to write but the time is the problem.

I really hope you've enjoyed the chapter 🙃

10k reads guysss 🥳🥳🥳🥳 thank you so much 🥺❤️ for the support, I really appreciate it.

Ria ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 1.6K 46
We all have best friends. Some are right there with us from our childhood, & some from college or university. Some friends grow up feelings for their...
119K 18.9K 65
~BOOK 2 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED ON 27-AUGUST-2020 FINISHED ON 14-OCTOBER-2020 Completed. #1 Nigerian On 05-Sept-2021 #18 Africa...
22K 2.7K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...
153K 28.6K 44
MUSLIMLOVESTORY . . . . . The man took her to a small office downstairs. It seems he is the owner of the hotel cos of how well he knows his way aroun...