Lego Ninjago Fanfic: The Drag...

Por ninjaygo

Taking place shortly after the events of The Hands of Time: when a mission to save kidnapped kids goes wrong... Mais

NYA
KAI
JAY
RHYS
NYA
KAI
JAY
RHYS
KAI
NYA
JAY
RHYS
NYA
KAI
JAY
RHYS
NYA
KAI
JAY
RHYS
NYA
KAI
JAY
NYA
JAY

KAI

480 17 19
Por ninjaygo

"I'll babysit him." Jay gazed at Kai with a smug expression. He thinks he's so clever.

"Babysit?" Kai said. Nya's eyes lit up as she joined in Jay's stupid joke.

"Alright, but you have to remember to feed him and water him and take him for walks." Nya stroked Jay's hair. Gross. Kai was right there! Couldn't she keep her hands to herself?! Jay's smugness melted into lovesickness.

Nya left. Jay let out a content sigh.

"Let's go, baby," Jay said patronizingly. Those two never passed up an opportunity to make fun of Kai.

"You two are perfect for each other," Kai grumbled. He tried to sound as unapproving of their relationship as possible. But the mischievous glint in Jay's eye made it evident that he saw through Kai's sarcastic tone.

"Are you finally giving me permission to date Nya?" he said.

"Maybe," Kai said.

"Oh great, because I was thinking of asking her to be my yang..." Jay said.

"Tread lightly, Walker," Kai growled. Jay laughed as he took off into the hall.

Kai pulled his hood over his head. He wished he could summon any iota of energy. He couldn't run. Kai settled for a light jog out of the room.

Kai found it hard to keep up with Nya. Keeping up with Jay was nearly impossible. Getting struck by lightning must've charged him beyond his usual capacity. He bolted past Nya, teasing her for being slow on his way past. Her competitive nature got sparked. She sprinted after him, both of them abandoning Kai.

Kai had never seen Jay run so much and so fast. Eventually, Nya remembered Kai was supposed to be with them. She stopped at the main doors of the compound, waiting for him to catch up.

"Where's Jay?" he said, trying to catch his breath. Nya shrugged. She refused to make eye contact with Kai. She was trying to seem unbothered by not knowing where Jay was. But Kai could tell, it was causing her anxiety.

"He's got a sugar high or something," Nya said. Kai leaned against a wall. He needed to rest.

"I think it's the lightning. He's been like that since he came in contact with his element. It charged him," Kai said.

"Very observant," Nya said, sounding impressed and surprised.

"I'm more than a pretty face," Kai said. Jay burst through the doors. Water dripped from his hair.

"Why'd you guys stop?" he said, bouncing up and down in spot. Nya gave Kai a confused look.

"Tired," Kai said, "Can't go that fast, buddy."

"Oh. Okay," Jay said, "I'll get the distraction party started and you can join when you're ready." Jay turned. Nya snatched Jay's arm.

"No. We stick together," she said. Her voice trembled.

"I'll be fine," Jay said, gently putting his hand on top of hers.

"I'm not taking that risk. Not yet," she said. There was a beat of silence.

"I'm ready to go, anyways," Kai said.

"Finally," Jay said, running back outside. Nya let Kai go in front of her.

The rain brought some life back into Kai. He allowed the thick raindrops to penetrate his fatigue. His limbs felt a little less heavy than before. But his legs still weighed the same as concrete.

Jay kept having to circle back to make sure he didn't lose Nya and Kai. Seeing how Jay reacted to getting struck by lightning made Kai want to jump into some fire and hope for the same effects.

Kai didn't know if it was healthy: Jay went from his lowest point to a jittery mania in a matter of a few hours. Kai made a note to mention the drastic change to Nya after the adventure was over. If Kai tried to confront Jay about his mental health, Jay would laugh it off with a joke. It had to be Nya who approached him.

Kai paused a second to wonder if he was beginning to support their relationship.

No, no, no, Jay was dating his sister!

But they really loved and cared for each other.

Jay was dating his sister!

Nya was so happy to see Jay again. And she was beyond worried for his wellbeing.

But Jay was dating his little sister!

Maybe Kai needed therapy just as much as Jay.

Jay, Nya, and Kai approached the anchor of the Bounty. Samurai X was on the Bounty, protecting it from the two fire dragons.

"Are we taking the anchor up?" Kai said.

"I rather lure the dragons down here," Nya said.

"Ready?" Jay said as he shot lightning up into the air. No, Kai was not ready. The dragons roared as the lightning sailed past them. They both began to descend.

"So we're going to hold off two dragons?" Kai said.

"Pretty much," Jay said, "You could've escaped in the tunnels."

"We can do this," Nya said, fiercely. Kai took notice of her slipping her hand into Jay's. Kai opened his mouth. He wanted to yell at them that now was not the time. But that wasn't true. It was exactly the right time to express how much they cared for each other. Before facing two dragons. Jay lifted Nya's hand and kissed her fingers. They released each other. 

This was fine. Kai was fine. Kai was okay with his sister dating one of his best friends. And maybe if he told himself that more, he'll come to believe it.

Kai shook his head and faced the dragons. He needed to focus. Kai took a deep breath. He only had to fight a little longer. Then he could have a very long nap.

A dragon cast a shadow over them. It circled overhead. The other touched down in front of them and roared. The three ninja stood together, unflinching in front of the beast.

Chief Moses was on the back of the dragon that stood before them. His vengestone chain compelled the dragon to follow his command.

"Maybe ninja should learn to give up," he said, "This doesn't seem very smart."

Jay's hands crackled with lightning.

Nya readied her spear.

Samurai X landed next to the ninja.

Kai glanced up. The Bounty was moving away from the village. Going to pick up their friends.

"We'll see about that," Jay said. He shot a blast of lightning at Chief Moses. The dragon bellowed, leaping out of the way at the last moment.

Samurai X shot upward into the sky and shot at the dragon above them.

Nya ran forward.

"Cover me!" she yelled. Kai rushed forward, sending fire at the landed dragon's hide to keep its attention from Nya.

Nya aimed her spear at Chief Moses. The dragon roared and whipped its tail at Nya. She got swept off her feet.

"Nya!" Jay said. He sprinted towards Nya. However, Doctor Kirk made an appearance, stepping in between Jay and Nya. Sparks emanated from Jay's body.

Doctor Kirk pointed his dagger at Jay.

Kai should help, instead of standing around watching. Before Kai could react, Samurai X crashed to the ground. The flying fire dragon, which was bigger than the other one, pounced on Samurai X.

Okay, Kai can either help Jay, help Nya, or help Samurai X.

Before Kai could decide what to do, Jay was overtaking Doctor Kirk in hand-to-hand combat. Every strike Jay gave to Doctor Kirk was loaded with lightning. Nya was on her feet, running around Cheif Moses' dragon, blasting it with water. That made Kai's decision easy.

Kai ran up to the dragon on top of Samurai X. He shot fire at the beast. It turned its head to face Kai. It snarled and stepped toward Kai. That did not go how Kai wanted it to.

Samurai X raised its mech arm and grabbed the chain on the dragon. He squeezed and pulled the chain. It shattered, bits of vengestone raining down on Kai.

The dragon perked up. It shook his head and took off into the air. It flew away.

Samurai X took to the sky, chasing the dragon. Kai turned to help Jay, but he already overtook Doctor Kirk. Jay twirled Doctor Kirk's dagger in his hand.

Nya was having a harder time overcoming a dragon than Jay was overcoming a person. She was doing awesome, considering she was fighting a dragon by herself.

Jay and Kai sprinted toward the fight to help Nya. She was using her agility to stall the dragon. It snapped at her. But she'd dodged the attack.

Fire danced in Kai's palms. And lightning crackled in Jay's fingertips. They were ready to take down a dragon.

However, both Nya and Kai stopped upon hearing Jay cry out in pain.

Doctor Kirk was on his feet again, holding a shard of vengestone from the dragon chain. Jay stumbled, a gash along his shoulder blade. Blood dripped onto the streets of Okuura. The lightning in his fingers dimmed and ceased.

In this moment of distraction, the dragon raised his talons. It pressed it down on Nya while she stared at Jay.

Kai ran to Jay's aid, decking Doctor Kirk. The Doctor stumbled back. Jay quickly recovered from the attack. He twirled the dagger in his fingers. Kai shot fire at the Doctor. He ducked under the attack. Jay snuck behind Doctor Kirk, bashing the hilt of the dagger into his skull. Doctor Kirk crumpled to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Kai said.

"No time," Jay said, "Nya!"

The boys turned to face the dragon. Nya was stuck under the dragon's foot. She scratched and punched the talons that had her pinned. To no avail.

"Wow, that was impressive," Chief Moses said, from the back of the dragon. Kai growled. He took a step forward, his fire ready to strike the enemy.

"I wouldn't do that," Chief Moses said, "Or else, we'll have to put our foot down, so to speak."

Nya whimpered as the pressure of the dragon increased.

"Blast him, Kai," she said in a pinched voice.

Kai yelped as he felt a sudden pain. Kai looked down at the new scratch on his arm. Jay held a dagger, with a cheeky grin. He cut him!

"Jay? What are you doing?"

"Oh sorry, I thought you were the dragon," Jay said.

"That's it! The video game marathon is off. If you can't take this seriously then..." Kai trailed off as he noticed that Jay didn't cut him with the dagger. In the other hand, he held a shard of vengestone. A cut from vengestone temporarily blocks Elemental Powers. Kai gazed in awe as the dragon shrank. Instead of the fierce dragon, there was a crying girl.

No more dragons. Jay did it.

Chief Moses fell to the ground. As soon as she was free, Nya got to her feet. She crouched by the little girl and began to offer words of comfort. The girl wrapped her arms around Nya, bawling. Jay gave Nya the thumbs up.

"So are video games still cancelled or..." Jay said, offering Kai a fist bump. Kai's eyes were still fixated on the scene. He accepted Jay's fist bump while watching Chief Moses scream in anger.

"Jay, you are a genius," Kai said.

"I have my moments," Jay said.

Jay and Kai moved toward Nya and Chief Moses. When he saw his position, Moses got up and ran. Nya jerked forward to catch him, but the girl still gripped tightly to her.

"I got it," Jay said, running after Chief Moses.

"You need first aid!" Nya shouted.

Jay turned, running backward, and shrugged. Then he left. Nya grumbled under her breath. 

"I'll babysit him," Kai said.

Jay and Kai sprinted after Chief Moses. He ran to a house and locked himself inside. Kai attempted to kick in the door but didn't have the strength. Kai looked over at Jay. Jay made an attempt, but it didn't budge.

"I'd burn it down except I'm without fire," Kai said.

"Also setting fire to a village... Not your best idea," Jay said.

Jay made a second attempt. Then a third attempt. Then a fourth attempt.

"Do you need help?" Kai asked. Jay grit his teeth.

"I got it!" Jay insisted. On the fifth attempt, the door caved in.

Kai and Jay entered the house. Chief Moses cowered in the corner.

"Please! I was just trying to go home! Please, have mercy," he whimpered. Kai found a rope in the house. He tossed it to Jay, who tied up Chief Moses. Kai sent a notice to P.I.X.A.L. to circle back to Okuura. After she picked up their friends.

As soon as Kai knew it was over, he collapsed on the floor of the house. Jay collapsed next to him.

"We made it. Somehow," Jay said.

"We always make it," Kai said. There was a beat of silence as Jay and Kai took the time to catch their breath.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry," Kai said.

"About what?" Jay said.

"That I wasn't able to tell the difference between an enemy and a friend," Kai said, "You may be my sister's boyfriend, but you were my brother first."

"All is forgiven," Jay said, "I could go for some noodles."

"We should go celebrate our near-death experience at Chen's."

"I'm game. I have so much to talk about!" Jay said, flinging his arms into the air for emphasis.

"Really? Can't you just... listen? Or talk a normal amount?"

"I've been dying to complain about that kid, Timmy. Most annoying person to be stuck in a forest with," Jay paused, "We can talk bad about the people we save if they annoy us, right?"

"It's rude."

"But what if they are really annoying?"

"He is an eight-year-old kid. All eight-year-olds are annoying. And he can't be as bad as you."

"He blamed me for not checking a branch's integrity. After I saved his life."

"Did you check the branch integrity?"

"No."

"There you go."

"Like you'd check a branch's integrity."

"I'd get Zane to do it."

"Oh, why didn't I think of that? It's almost like Zane wasn't there."

Kai laughed at Jay's sarcasm. They laid on the floor, staring at the roof, chatting with one another, until Nya found them.

She was livid that Kai hadn't given Jay first aid yet. Kai forgot that his friend was bleeding out. He was simply enjoying his conversation with Jay. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

4.6K 162 13
There are two Ninja teams, one built on family and trust, the other built on power and control. Jay Walker wanted to be a Ninja, but all he gained wa...
45.9K 984 14
Jay's heartbroken when Nya says that they're just good friends, and thinks that there's no hope for him and her. Then a new girl comes to school and...
11.8K 453 24
Moving to the city was hard enough for Nya Smith. Having to deal with a new school, new home, and a new family is the least of her problems. She disc...
21.2K 536 21
Once upon a time, in a world when the grass is green and the sky is blue. Ninjago is ruled by the five royal families with great fortunes, but this o...