LONG STORY SHORT | adrian cha...

By -peterparkers-

| š‹šŽšš† š’š“šŽš‘š˜ š’š‡šŽš‘š“: "š—®š—»š—± š˜†š—¼š˜‚ š—½š—®š˜€š˜€š—²š—± š—暝—¶š—“š—µš˜ š—Æš˜† / š—¶ š˜„š—®š˜€ š—¶š—» š˜š—µš—² š—®š—¹š—¹ļæ½... More

intro.
playlist.
colonel flag is dead.
well, you heard wrong.
partner is a loose term.
this rundown italian restaurant needs you?
your name is vigilante?
animals usually don't like wearing things.
monster stds.
that's what she said.
interesting conversation.
you remembered me?
swomebody's in twouble.
more like a sociopath.
not michael b. jordan.
11th street kids.
works for me.
a peace sign?
that's my job, not yours.
you don't look fine.
i'm sorry.
let's do this shit.
soon-to-be girlfriend.
you're perfect.
i love you.
i love you, too.

no wrong time to rock.

1.2K 68 2
By -peterparkers-

SMITH AND ADRIAN SANG ANNOYINGLY AS ECONOMOS DROVE THE TRUCK TO WHERE THE COW SUPPOSEDLY WAS. Jada sat in the back with Adrian, her arms crossed as she contemplated making small talk with him. "Aren't you guys being a little nonchalant about all this?" Economos queried.

"Economos, are you insinuating there is a wrong time and a right time to rock?" Smith replied before he continued rocking out, making Economos roll his eyes.

"So you're saying that if you were dying and bleeding out, that would also be an appropriate time to rock?" Jada asked, cocking a brow.

"Well, it depends if there is rock music playing somewhere," Smith answered making Jada sigh in disbelief.

Then, without warning, their truck had flipped over on its side, making them fall over and knock into the side of the truck. Jada groaned, trying to push herself up. "What the fuck was that?" Economos said in shock.

Adrian reached down and helped Jada up since she was struggling a little bit. "I got it," she told him softly, making him let go of her. She dusted herself off, feeling disoriented from the fall.

Something then began to bang on the truck, making them all look around in confusion before a hand started to peel the side of the truck open, revealing a man in a white and red costume. "Dad?" Smith said in surprise.

"Oh, fuck," Adrian and Jada said at the same time.

"What are you doing?"

"What I should've done long ago," Auggie responded, charging up his blasters before he shot it at them. They all dived out of the way, making the blast disintegrate the other side of the truck.

Auggie stepped inside the truck, charging up his blasters again to shoot it at Smith before Adrian began to shoot him with a P90 to make him back away.

Jada started to push up from the ground, her eyes wide in awe. She didn't believe that this was happening. "That's it, man. We gotta go. Get up," Economos said to Smith as he helped him up from the ground.

The three of them then exited the truck using the new hole made by Auggie as Adrian continued to shoot at Smith's father. Jada took her gun out, going around the side of the truck to be behind Adrian to back him up just in case he ran out of ammo.

Jada watched as Adrian pulled out a grenade and launched it over right back Auggie's feet, who wasn't even standing that far from away from. "Adrian, no!" Jada yelled, her eyes going wide.

"There's no wrong time to rock!" Adrian exclaimed before the grenade exploded, making Jada fall backwards and hit the concrete hard. She coughed, getting the wind knocked out of her. Fuck, fuck, fuck!

The area was still smoking, so Jada took that time to try and scramble up and run over to the other side of the street so she wouldn't get caught. She then found Adrian, who was leaning against a tree with his suit ripped up, showing his slightly burned body underneath.

"Oh, my God," she whispered with relief and shock, hiding behind the bushes that were next to the tree. "What the hell were you thinking?" she asked, making Adrian hold a finger up to his lips to signal silence since he didn't want them to get caught.

Once Auggie and the rest of his white supremest followers had started to make their way into the woods, Jada asked again, "What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't," Adrian answered truthfully and weakly.

"Clearly!" she whisper-shouted. She looked around the bush to see that they had left their red car unsupervised. "Let's try to get out of here," she told him even though she didn't want to leave behind Smith and Economos.

Adrian nodded and Jada helped him up, giving him support as they quickly walked over to the red car. "Wait, wait, grab that bag," he whispered to her, pointing at the duffel bag that held Peacemaker's helmets in it.

"Why?" she questioned.

"They're probably expensive and maybe we could use them," he told her. She sighed and quickly snuck over to the bag, grabbing it before they had made their way over to the truck.

Adrian had seen that the keys were still inside so he got in the driver's seat and Jada hopped in the passenger's seat after she had placed the bag of helmets in the trunk, before he quickly drove away from the area.

"I don't think you should be driving," Jada commented.

"No, I'm good. Totally fine," he assured her as he continued to drive.

"Adrian, seriously. You're hurt. Stop the car and let me drive," Jada demanded sternly, not wanting him to get more hurt than he already was.

"Jada, I'm — I'm good! Calm down," he assured her before he ripped his helmet off, his eyes wide as he tried to see. He took his damaged glasses out and put them on, but that didn't stop him from starting to doze off.

"Adrian," Jada said worriedly, realizing that the car was slowing down and veering off to the other side of the road. "Adrian!" she shouted once he had passed out, making the car slowly fall off the road. "Oh, my God, oh my God," she breathed out, unbuckling her seatbelt so that she could reach over and feel his pulse.

She felt a little bit better when she found it, but she didn't want him to stay passed out because that could eventually lead to his heart not beating if he was in danger of that. "Adrian, get up," she shook his shoulders, trying to shake him awake. "Get up, come on!" she shouted, hitting his shoulder.

He still wasn't waking up, making her very impatient since his life could be on the line. "Get. Up!" she yelled, deciding to slap his face, making his body flop. "Oh, my God, I'm sorry," she apologized quickly even though he was still passed out. "And you probably can't hear me, okay, how do I wake you up? Uh...I want to — to kiss you!" she tried, hoping that he would somehow hear that and wake up since he obviously wanted that to happen. "Um, um...Come on...um...I'm sorry I-I snapped at you! And — and I pretended I forgot a-about our kiss because I didn't and — and I really do like you and, fuck it, you can't even hear me right now, why am I even trying to say this?" she went on, running a hand through her frustratedly.

She really did mean what she was saying and she was so worried about him that she just kind of let it all out. It didn't matter, though, because he probably didn't even hear her.

"Adrian, come on, please, what else do I have to say?" she questioned even though she knew she wouldn't get a response. She continued to try to shake him awake, making sure his heart continued to beat.

She had also wondered where Smith and Economos had ended up as well, hoping that she wouldn't have to do this all by herself for once in her life. And with that thought in mind, Smith and Economos ran up to the car.

Smith began banging on the window, trying to get Adrian to wake up. And somehow, banging on the window had worked, because Adrian's eyes started to open. "The door!" Smith said urgently.

"Adrian, oh my God, are you okay?" Jada asked as he tried to regain his composure, not knowing what had happened. Relief had washed over her, glad that he had woken up from his unconscious state.

Smith continued to bang on the door since Adrian hadn't opened it up yet. "Come on!"

"Hey, dude, what are you doing?" Economos questioned from next to him.

Adrian moved his hand over to unlock the car door. "Right, the dash!" Smith encouraged and Adrian pressed it, unlocking it. "Okay, scoot," Smith instructed, making Jada sigh and quickly maneuver her way into the backseat, practically falling over.

Economos began to climb into the backseat next to her with Eagly squawking behind him. "Ow, ow! Hey, hey! Ow! My asshole! What the fuck, dude?" Economos exclaimed as Eagly poked his butt with his beak. "What the fuck's wrong with your bird?"

"Bad Eagly, stop it," Smith scolded. Economos carefully reached over to close the door, groaning as Eagly continued to poke him. Smith then tried to get the car back on the road again, pressing hard on the gas to make the engine rev. "What are you doing, man?" he asked Adrian, who had turned up the volume on the radio.

"There's no wrong time to rock, motherfucker," Adrian answered with a slight slur to his words.

"Now is. This is the wrong time to rock," Smith explained before he able to get the car back on the road and drive away from the area.

"Adrian, are you sure you're okay?" Jada queried as as she ignored Eagly's pecking on Economos. "You almost got blown up."

"Yeah, I just passed out for a second, no biggie!" he assured her, making her sigh since he wasn't taking this seriously at all. "How did they find you guys anyway?"

"He put a GPS tracking device in Peacemaker's helmet," Economos told him, making Jada's eyes widen when she remembered that the rest of Smith's helmets were in the trunk.

Adrian's eyes also widened as he looked back at Economos, Jada, and then back at Smith in concern. "What?" Smith said. Adrian grimaced, not knowing how to break the news to Smith. But it seemed like he had gotten the memo because he slammed on the breaks, getting out of the car to take the helmets out of the trunk. "Damn it."

"We didn't know! We thought they were expensive!" Adrian explained to him as he and Jada barreled out of the car.

"Correction, you thought they were expensive," Jada spoke up, not wanting to be the one getting blamed.

"Same thing!" Adrian exclaimed.

"Fuck!" Smith said before he opened up the bag, showing all of the helmets. He gave Adrian an annoyed look before he bent down to pick them all up.

"Oh, I gotta pee so fucking bad," Adrian muttered before turning around, running off into the forest.

"Don't tell me you're going to fucking pee in there!" Jada called out, shaking her head at him, even though she found it slightly funny.

"I'm not! Just, uh...Okay, maybe I am!" Adrian replied, making her scoff.

"No, Eagly, get back in the car," Smith told his bird since he had wandered out of the car. "John, Jada, can you get him in the car?"

"Sure. I fucking babysit birds," Economos replied sarcastically before he got out of the car, making Jada snort. "Eagly, please get in the car." Eagly just squawked, not paying attention. "He's not listening."

"Get back in the car and crinkle a bag or something. He'll think you have chips," Smith told them before he ran off with the bag of helmets to dispose of them.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," Economos mumbled before he crawled back in the car. "Who the fuck feeds their bird chips?"

"Smith, apparently," Jada told him, crossing her arms as she stood next to the car, making sure Eagly didn't fly off.

Economos grabbed a bag of chips before he climbed back out of the car, crinkling the bag just like Smith had said to. "You want some chips, huh? Yum! Yum!" Economos said happily to try and get Eagly to listen.

His face then fell, making Jada furrow her brows and turn around, seeing the white-hooded figures chase after Smith. "Oh, shit," Jada muttered, uncrossing her arms. "John, we gotta do something," Jada said, looking back at him to see that he had disappeared. "John!" she called out before she turned back around, seeing that the crowd running after Smith was almost near her.

They then tackled Smith to the ground, hitting him with their bats and crowbars. Some had also run at Jada, making her punch and elbow them in their faces and guts.

Eagly also came flying in, scratching some of the thugs with his talons. One started to shoot at Eagly, making Jada run over and tackle him to the ground, his rifle flying out of his hands, onto the ground. She then flipped him over and punched him repeatedly across his hooded face, knocking him out.

Someone then grabbed her hair, pulling her away from the unconscious man. "Get off me, racist prick!" she yelled before she watched Eagly fly over to Peacemaker's father, getting shot down by him.

"Eagly!" she and Smith shouted before she clawed at the man's hands, making him yelp and let go of her hair. She then spun around and drop kicked him against the car, his head hitting the metal before he fell down.

Jada landed on the ground gracefully, watching as Smith had started to run at his father. "Chris!" she bellowed, not knowing if it was a good idea that he take his father on alone.

Smith tackled Auggie to the ground, trying to place his hands around his neck. "I'll kill you, motherfucker!" he said in a strained voice.

"You think so?" Auggie challenged before he pushed Smith's hand away, using his other blaster to blast him away from him, sending him flying.

"Holy shit!" Jada said in shock, pulling out her gun to try and shoot Auggie before one of the hooded figures had gotten up and hit the gun out of her hands.

"Forty years ago..." Auggie began as Jada started to fight the hooded men again, but there was too many, "...God challenged me as he did Abraham. But I was too weak to listen. But not no more!" Auggie stomped on Smith's chest, making him groan in pain.

The hooded figures were able to hold her down on the ground, stepping on her arms and holding down her legs to contain her. "Chris!" Jada yelled out in pain since she was stuck.

The hooded men hyped Auggie up, making Jada seethe angrily. "I knew you was unclean when you were born! And even more so when you killed your brother!" Auggie continued, making Jada's eyes widen. She didn't know that Smith had killed his brother...

"That was you!" Smith yelled before he screamed, Auggie stepping down even further to break some of his bones.

"I knew when you listened to that devil music! I knew when you shaved your body like a woman! I knew when you slept with the whores of polluted blood! And men!" Auggie shouted. "And even more so when you conspired with the forces of Baphomet against the United States of America!" Auggie cracked more bones, making his followers cheer.

Jada watched from the ground helplessly, trying to wriggle free from the racist thugs, but it was no use. "And now, boy, I give your life to Go—"

Auggie was cut off by Vigilante jumping up onto the car and jumping onto him, stabbing his knife in the neck area, making electricity zap. "There are gaps in the armor, man!" Adrian told Smith as he plunged the knife deeper, making more sparks occur.

But Auggie was able to throw Adrian off of him, towards where Jada was trapped. He rolled onto the ground, making eye contact with Jada, who had a pleading look in her eyes once the followers had pointed their guns at him.

Economos then came walking out, shooting all of the followers with the P90 violently. The followers on Jada fell over, making her escape from their grasps and crawl away from them to avoid the flying bullets.

Once Economos had stopped shooting, she had grabbed onto Adrian's hand and stood up with him, breathing heavily in shock. She then looked over to see Smith tackle Auggie into the car, punching his face to knock his helmet off.

"You killed my brother!" Smith yelled as he continued to punch him.

"You killed Keith!" Auggie retaliated, making Smith punch him even harder.

"And you're only right about one thing, I am a piece of shit!" Smith exclaimed before he stopped punching him. "I'm a piece of shit for listening to you for all those years!" He then punched him again. "I'm a piece of shit for not killing you in your sleep!"

Auggie started to laugh, making Jada furrow her brows as she glanced at Adrian. "You hit like a girl," Auggie insulted before Smith pushed off of him, walking over and grabbing the gun that Jada had dropped.

He pointed it at his father, his hand shaking violently. "Well, go ahead and do it, you fucking pussy. I knew you couldn't do it, you f——. 'Cause i control you. Whether or not I kill you, you'll never be able to get the fuck away from m—"

Smith pulled the trigger, the bullet hitting Auggie square in the forehead. Jada gasped quietly, bringing her hand, that was holding onto Adrian's, up to her mouth since she wasn't expecting that. Smith's body shook before he fell to the ground, crying; the gun falling back onto the ground.

"Dude, this is a really weird time to do your face exercises," Adrian spoke up, making Jada and Economos look over at him in confusion. "I mean, I guess you don't get a totally sick, jacked face like yourself without dedication, but..." Adrian trailed off.

"Adrian," Jada breathed out incredulously, closing her eyes.

"He's crying, asshole," Economos told him.

"Oh." Adrian then slowly went over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Tender, nice touching."

"Hey, dude, that's creepy," Economos pointed out, making Adrian step away.

"Yeah, not the time," Jada added before she swallowed hard at Smith's state. She actually felt...bad for him. And she could also, somehow, see herself in him, like Adebayo had said.

I just wanted to make it clear that I am not comfortable (and I have no right to be) saying or typing the f slur, even if it is part of the show's dialogue, so that is why I cut it off!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 263 8
Unwillingly team up with supervillains to form Task Force X, or more affectionately called Suicide Squad, as they fight tooth and nail through the is...
1.2K 51 5
There are few people who's misdemeanors Adrian Chase would forgive. When he discovers you've been skipping school, he realizes you're one of them. ...
7.1K 278 14
- romilly died in 2015. in 2017, she lived again. now working as a government agent alongside the itching desire known as "bloodlust", she's in cross...
432K 12.1K 30
ā†£ What do you get when you take a twenty-three year old girl, add seventeen years of martial arts, gymnastics, swimming, soccer, volleyball...