Bittersweet (Taekook Omegaver...

By LettyTK

After losing everything ,Jungkook thought he didn't have anything to live for.It was until he found that one... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 19
Chapter 18:
Chapter 20
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 7:

3.1K 163 22
By LettyTK

The queen's chambers were uninhabited since the demise of the former queen who was Taehyung's mother.To have Jungkook reside in it raised a lot of eyebrows.What exactly did it mean.The news had reached even the concubines.

Jungkook adjusted quickly because he didn't have a choice.There was a huge pond between his and the King's residence.Over the pond there was a bridge to connect the two residence.Chances of him bumping into the King were quite high so he made a point to stay in his chambers.Taehyung called him anti social but that matter wasn't a concern.

Six female assassins were assigned to him to be his guards.They were personally appointed by Jisoo who had trained them.Apart from that there were royal guards who were always around his chambers.Because he stayed with the prince the security was doubled.A fair amount of court ladies were assigned to him .They were meant to serve him in every way  possible.For the first time Jungkook felt like he was someone else other that the son of the reportedly traitor.

Jungkook had barred Taehyung from his chambers which shocked everyone but the alpha himself.No one had ever displayed such a sign of boldness before.Jisoo and Hoseok were responsible for moving the prince between his parents.It has been a month since Jungkook and Taehyung had last seen each other.Jungkook wanted things to remain the way they are.

Jungkook was reading his book from his desk when the door opened.Jisoo was carrying her nephew in her arms.The prince was everyone 's bundle of joy.

"Is Jeha hungry already.But I fed him a few minutes ago"Jungkook pouted.He dreaded having his nipples pulled and locked all day long.

"Calm down Jungkook.He fell asleep.I came to tuck him in.His father isn't in his chambers so I brought him here"

"He slept already?"Jungkook asked

"Yes.Hoseok has that magical touch"

"I'm sure he will make a great father.Unlike your brother"Jungkook scowled

"Don't start"Jisoo said but in a friendly manner.

"Noona your nephew thinks that I'm his father's cow.Whenever he sees me the only thing on his mind is feeding.Even when nothing comes out he never stops"

"You were also like that when you were a child.What else will he think about when he smells milk on you"The Princess said as he tucked the baby into his wooden cot.She coved his with a brown fur blanket.

"I'm losing weight because I eat only for him"Jungkook complained

"In a way he is helping you lose your baby weight"Jisoo said

"I don't see that being helpful.I look sick"

"You will get used to breastfeeding soon.You will be surprised to find out that it won't be affecting you in any way"

Jungkook exhaled.Maybe things would be different if he had prepared himself for a baby before he fell pregnant but he didn't know that he would bear the king's child.

"Taehyung isn't in his chambers.Do you know what that means?"Jisoo wiggled her eye brows playfully

"I don't know"Jungkook shrugged

"You were complaining that you have run out of interesting books to read yesterday weren't you?"

"So what are you suggesting?"Jungkook asked

"Let's go and steal some from the King's study.He has a vast collection of books.Any genre you can come up with "

"What if he finds me in his chambers when I have forbade him from entering mine.Isn't that being hypocritical?"the omega asked

"He won't be coming back any time soon.He has to attend a cabinet meeting"

"If you say so but wouldn't it be safe to  just go to the palace library instead.I don't want to get in trouble with the king?"

That alpha with a rude face made chills run down Jungkook's spine.He had a chilling effect around him that did not sit well with Jungkook.

"Oh Jeha's mom you are infuriating"Jisoo cried in frustration

"But if we leave who will watch Jeha.I can't trust just anyone with him"

"I will send someone to get Hoseok.No one will do the job better than him"

"Won't that make him feel like a nanny.He might be busy?"Jungkook asked

"He doesn't mind so stop  worrying about everything"Jisoo said

Jungkook stayed in the palace and in the queen's chambers but he had no status.That riled up the concubines but those who had seen him in person agreed that he was meant to be a queen.He always wore floral and light robes that had very long sleeves that complimented his silky long hair and milky skin.He never applied any make up on his delicate features but he always managed to look so flawless ,elegant and graceful.Many could see why the king was drawn to him.He could be easily mistaken for a female because of his feminine figure.

Taehyung exhaled deeply.Today at the meeting the old mutts didn't have anything else to talk about since he had refused all their selfish petition.They wanted him to approve the increment of income tax on the common people without any apparent reason at all.

From Taehyung's point of view it was not only  wrong but evil to steal from the commoners who were improvised just to satisfy the noble 's greed.As a counter measure he imposed a new rule that states that a person will pay tax according to how much weath he had.The senior government officials were ticked off by this but Taehyung's word was law.

"If there is no other important matter to discuss we can call it a day"

"Your highness if I may ask.Is it true that the queen's chambers have been inhabited by someone even though this kingdom doesn't have a queen"

As the current Prime Minister asked that question Taehyung's gaze turned into a glare.That is why it is important that he drinks before every court session.They all seemed small under the alpha's dark gaze.He was sitting on his throne which was on a higher platform from where they were standing.

"You know very well that I don't entertain rumors nor do I answer them.If you need clarity then go and ask the person who gave you this information."

"Your highness the matter of your marriage has been discussed amongst the people.They are concerned.Without a queen or any heir your regime is not stable and can easily be threatened"

"I'm really touched.I didn't know you are so concerned about me.What if I don't want to get married.What if I decided to have a child with one of my concubines"Taehyung asked

"Your highness as a royalty I'm sure you must be aware that a son of a concubine can never ascend the throne.That's how it has been and we always been.The heir must be a child from the queen's womb"

"I understand your concern.On that note I would like to make an official announcement.A month from today there will be a royal wedding.My wedding.Let me put your mind at rest my dear loyal subjects"

"Eh?"the prime minister chocked.He couldn't form a sentences.Murmurs erupted from the throne room.

"Are you complaining now.I thought you wanted me to get married.I had already found that one person who is suitable to be my queen.Prime minister don't tell me you already had someone in mind for me"

"Of course not sire.How dare I?You have every right to pick your bride"

"Thank you.Hearing that puts my mind at it.So I look foward to seeing you all at the wedding.I can promise you that my bride will meet all your expectations as your queen"

The prime minister looked down to avoid having eye contact with the king.He looked mortified.His plan had backfired badly.He had to work on plan B.But what was it.To stop the wedding?

Taehyung walked out of the hall leaving a mess behind him.His smirk fell when he was now in the open air.His words had downed on him.

"What on earth did I just say back then"he started pacing up and down.

"I thought I heard you announcing your marriage.Even the head of the servants heard it too"Namjoon said.

"I did too."Yoongi said.

"Mr Nam did I really say that?"Taehyung questioned the head of servants.

The older male bowed and then nodded.

"I must be going out of my mind.Jungkook won't agree to marry me"Taehyung said as he felt his legs giving out.

"You should try.If you two don't get married then Prince Jeha will never ascend to the throne"Namjoon said

"Try for the sake of your only child sire.I'm sure Jungkook will understand if you reason with him.Every mother wants the best for their child"

"Can you go and find him.I will be on the pavilion.Mr Nam can you get someone to bring some tea.I really need.it"

"I will go and find Jungkook"Yoongi said.As he was about to leave for the omega's chambers he saw him walking out of the king's chambers with Princess Jisoo.

"Jungkook the king wishes to have a word with you"

"Okay"Jungkook nodded and Yoongi escorted him to the pavilion.

"You look nervous.Please sit down your majesty.We will  bring the tea"Mr Nam said

When Jungkook arrived Taehyung was already sitting on the table and the pavilion.It was high up and gave a breath taking view of the palace.

"You called me"

"Please sit"

Jungkook pulled the chair and sat cross the alpha.For three good minutes the king didn't say anything and Jungkook grew unsettled and upset.

"You didn't call me here to stare at me did you Taehyung?"he asked

"Am I not allowed to stare at you?"the king grinned

"I want to know the reason for that stare"

"I missed you"he told him as a matter of fact.

Jungkook gave him a tight lipped smile"Was that supposed to make me blush your highness"

"Is it completely impossible for you to blush?"Taehyung asked

"I don't know.Haven't given it a try.Maybe if you give me a good reason to."

Taehyung smiled genenuely.He had a boxy smile that would light up anyone's world except Jungkook that was.

"You look pale.Are you ill"the omega asked

"I'm sure you are the last person to be enquiring about my health.You would be happy if I die this moment"

"How can you be so sure that I'm the only person who hates you and wishes you death.?"Jungkook asked casually

"Maybe you are right"

"You are not as bright as you look"Jungkook chuckled

The tea arrived in time.The servant served it and Jungkook poured it for both the king and himself

"Why am I here?"the omega asked

"We have to talk"

"As far as I'm concerned we have nothing to talk about"

"Are you sure about that .I have a lot of things to say to you"the king said

"Don't want to hear it"

"Let's get married"Taehyung blurted out

"You animal"Jungkook yelled without even digesting what the alpha had said.He saw Taehyung's guards stiffen and then he sprung up.With quick strides he started walking away.

"Jungkook come and sit back down"Taehyung said walking towards the omega.He tried to pull him but the omega was quick to push him away.He felt so angry and slapped the king's cheek.He only realized what he had done only after it had happened.

The King's guards rushed towards them and with a flick of his finger they moved back.Yoongi seemed really angry.Jungkook's behavior towards their king disappointed him.The disrespect made his blood boil.Just who did he think he was .Even the former king had never raised a hand on Taehyung so what gave him the right.

Taehyung turned to Jungkook with a blank expression."So I see you want to do this the hard way"

Jungkook gulped and stepped back.The next thing he realized he was being thrown over the king's shoulder.He didn't dare fight him.After what he did no one would help him.Jisoo stared him sympathetically as he was being taken back to the king's chambers.

Jungkook's guards were about to go after him but Yoongi restricted them with his sword and dared them to come at him.

"Can't you understand that they need some privacy.Jungkook deserves everything that comes his way"he smirked

"Are we getting a royal wedding or not?"Jisoo asked in frustation

"We just have to wait and see"Namjoon said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 32.7K 49
Where a cold true blood alpha. Got a hatred against Omega's. And one day he saves a beta boy and takes him home to his pack. But was he really a bet...
22.8K 753 21
A young Omega was rejected by his mate. Deserted alone in a werewolf world where Omega's were considered as prized possessions. Jungkook, A True Alph...
146K 8.6K 39
A tale of two wolves, one who was tired of being one, and other who didn't know about the wolf world at all, a strange pull on the blood moon, brough...
11.4K 542 10
In the corner beside the stairs, Jungkook stood silently witnessing his whole world collapsing. All of the flashbacks played in front of his eyes, a...