Wings of Fire As Humans

By M0rb1d-

Moon is starting a new year in private school, just like everyone else. This school only opened a month ago... More

[1] Blond Hair, Blue Eyes, And A Stupid Face
[2] A Monkey That's Obsessed To Its Banana
[3] Now We're Even
[4] Two Girls And A Handful Of Drama
[5] Economy Class
[6] Scared Little Mice
[7] Endless
[8] A Broken Family
[9] A Bowl Of Doritos And A Bet
[10] A Car Full Of Weirdos And An Ostrich
[11] Redemption Of The Girls
[12] Sapphire
[13] The Four Elements Of Life
[14] Category Best Friend
[15] Permanently Permanent
[16] The Taste Of Hand Sanitizer
[17] Viral Videos
[19] Tears Of A Broken Heart And A Broken Soul
[20] Mission Get A Girlfriend
[21] Jealousy And A Dream
[22] White Hair
[23] Ice Cream Without The Ice Cream
[24] Aint No Drama Like Mama
[25] Terrifyingly Terrible Tuesday
[26] New Year, New Me

[18] The Day Before The Dance

799 8 117
By M0rb1d-

1K VIEW SPECIAL🧡

^Deathbringer^

Depressed or not, I still had a bet to win.

I quietly made my way to Glory, who was putting her books away in a hurry, muttering things to herself.

"-literally so annoying, like why Ash?" she muttered. "The hell? Jesus... What the—"

"Sup."

She rolled her eyes when I put both my hands on either side of her, trapping her against the lockers.

"What do you want?"

"You think I forgot about the bet? Now way." I gave her my signature smirk. "Go to the dance with me tonight."

"I'm good, thanks."

"You know you want to."

Glory raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." I grinned.

She took a step closer and within a second, our faces were practically touching. She could probably see I was clearly flustered, surprised at her sudden confidence. Glory pressed her hand to my cheek and leaned forward to kiss me. I started to do the same, wrapping my arms around her waist.

At the last second, she pulled away and whispered, "Make a wish and see if it comes true," and walked away.

That fucking teaser.

"*"

^Tsunami^

I literally can't believe there's actually a stupid Halloween dance. Everyone's talking about it.

"Oh, he just asked me to the dance!"

"Did you hear there's a dance?"

"OH EM GEE, I totes have the perfect gown!"

"Should we wear matching dresses?"

"What if there are jump scares?"

"Ugh, I'm so excited!"

"Who y'all going with?"

"Will it be in the gym?"

"Did anyone ask you to the dance yet?"

"Who wants to stop by my house to get ready with me?"

"Let's all go shopping for the dance!"

Like shut up. No one cares about the dance. It's for babies. Lord, have mercy.

I shoved all my books into my locker and slammed it shut. The first thing I saw when I looked away was Glory, pinned to the lockers by Deathbringer and leaning in to kiss him.

Drama mama.

I stumbled to get my phone out just in time, grinning my head off. I took a quick pic and ran around the corridor to edit and post.

This should go viral very quickly.

Tides😘: going to the dance?

Okay, scratch that. I now care about the dance.

Tsu: uhhhh yeah. u goin?

Tides😘: ofc. only 4 u

I immediately started blushing. Sheesh.

Tsu: what r u gonna wear?

Tides😘: eh. idrk. u?

Tsu: pfft whatever Sunny makes me wear

Tides😘: either way u will be equally hot. cya

Tsu: cya

I started to send a heart but quickly erased that, trying no to go overboard. But yeah, everything now depends on this dance.

"*"

^Moon^

"Hey," I said as I sat down next to Turtle. "How's it been."

"Nothing different," he said with a shrug. "Mother is getting suspicious of Tsunami, since she's always smiling at her phone. Coral thinks it's either she's talking to a boy or staring at nudes."

"I honestly think it's option two," Deathbringer said, sitting down next to us. Turtle blinked at him before whispering to me, "I see why you think I'd think he was a pervert. He certainly acts like one."

"Thank you!" I cried. Deathbringer glared at us.

"Anyway," he continued. "Moon."

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Do you like that—boy?"

I narrowed my eyes at my idiotic brother. I may have changed in appearance, but my dirty train of thoughts will never be broken.

"What boy?" I asked.

"You know, the one you so aggressively kissed at Glory's sleepover the other day? The blonde with freckles?"

"You mean Qibli?"

"Yes, that one."

I tilted my head in confusion. "What makes you say that?"

"I can see it in your face."

"Why're you staring at my face?" I demanded.

He patted my head like I was his pet. "Anyway, he likes you and it's painful to see you love-birds try to deny true love. Even gave him my blessing to date you. I know, I'm a great brother."

"You what?" I cried. I heard Turtle snickering behind me, trying to be quiet, but I could clearly hear him.

"Don't worry," Deathbringer said with a shrug. "He'll probably ask you out sooner or later."

I grabbed my stuff and furiously marched away, sitting next to a girl—Kinkajou?—and started talking to her like we'd been friends for the last five years.

This friendship could be the new beginning of something great just as Qibli could be the new ending of something terrible.

"*"

^Winter^

"Yo—uh—Moon."

I heard her give an exasperated sigh as she turned around to face me. I pretended like I hadn't noticed.

"You going to the dance, yeah?"

"Probably," Moon said with a shrug. "What else am I supposed to do on a Tuesday night?"

"Right..." I said nervously. "Uhm, so, about that. Do you... maybe wanna go with me for absolutely no reason whatsoever?"

She blinked at me.

"Maybe," I quickly added again. Why is this so nerve racking? Why am I so nervous?

"Well, I mean..." Moon started. "I was kinda waiting on... actually, sure, fine, of course."

Qibli, my mind finished. She wanted Qibli to ask her. Why is he always ruining everything for me?

I grinned. "Great. See you there."

"See you."

"*"

^Glory^

"So, ya going with anyone?"

I pulled out all my stuff for math, closing my locker and glaring Deathbringer.

Hm. Maybe I can make him jealous. I have nothing better to do anyway

"Yeah, now go away."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Really? Who?"

Ugh, think of someone.

"Qibli," I immediately said, seeing him walking in front of us. I quickly grabbed him and pulled him into a tight hug. "Right Qibli? You asked me to the dance."

"Wha..."

I kicked him. "Right?"

"Ugh, yeah, totally. Mhm, I asked Glory out. Yeah."

"See?" I asked Deathbringer. I grabbed Qibli's face and pressed my lips right onto his.

"Alright," I said once I pulled away, leaving both of them staring. "Going to go to math. Call me," I said to Qibli before walking off.

I didn't really accomplish anything from that but the look on Deathbringer's face was priceless.

Now I do have to go to that dumb dance.

Worth it.

<3

1K READS?? Where did that many people come from??

But I'm actually very grateful (you can tell because I'm using proper grammar to write this current paragraph) and I want to thank the people who have literally been there since chapter one (okay, I should probably say person). But I still thank all of those who commented, followed, or even just liked my work (which is saying something).

If someone told me that I would be a writer on Wattpad with over one thousand views, I'd probably smack them. But look... how does this even happen?

I love you all!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 1.6K 53
Darkstalker has been defeated, and Pyrria is finally at peace. (Somewhat.) Qibli invites Winter to come back to Jade Mountain Academy. But just when...
78.5K 1.5K 37
⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️ The war between the tribes is finally over, and now the dragonets of the prophecy have a plan for lasting peace: Jade Mountain Acad...
1.9K 64 23
Wings of Fire Story! READ FIGHT OR DIE FIRST! 5 years after the end of the great war. The rebels had won. Pantala and Pyrrhia are binding together. S...
5.6K 82 20
《Murderous Tsunami AU》 ~~Tsunami finally has the crown she deserves~~ Tsunami loves her friends, even though they always yammer on about the dragons...