Invisible Things (Hermione Gr...

By THE_SHIP_SHALL_SAIL

"It's the invisible things, Granger. Like the way I feel when you smile that smile that leaves me like a flut... More

Year 1: Philosopher's Stone
Chapter One: The Story Begins
Chapter Two: First Classes
Chapter Three: Rivalry
Chapter Four: Detention
Chapter Five: The Trapdoor
Year 2: Chamber Of Secrets
Chapter One: Family Troubles
Chapter Two: Pixie Trouble
Chapter Three: The Heir
Chapter Four: Dobby's Visit
Chapter Five: Best Friend
Chapter Six: Petrified
Chapter Seven: The Chambers
Year 3: Prisoner Of Azkaban
Chapter Two: Buckbeak
Chapter Three: Lion
Chapter Four: Realizations
Chapter Five: Scabbers
Chapter Six: Rescue Mission
Year 4: Goblet Of Fire
Chapter One: The Attack
Chapter Two: Unforgivable Curses
Chapter Three: Eternal Glory
Chapter Four: Butterflies
Chapter Five: Battling Dragons
Chapter Six: Prince And Princess
Chapter Seven: Bath Time
Chapter Eight: The Black Lake
Chapter Nine: Into The Graveyard
Goblet Of Fire: Bloopers and Behind
Year 5: Order Of The Phoenix
Chapter One: Pink
Chapter Two: Punishment
Chapter Three: Recruitment
Chapter Four: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter Five: Flirting
Chapter Six: Truth Serum
Chapter Seven: Prophecies
Order Of The Phoenix: Bloopers and Behind
Year 6: Half-Blood Prince
Chapter One: Unbreakable Vow
Chapter Two: Choosing Sides
Chapter Three: Lost
Chapter Four: Family
Chapter Five: For Eternity
Chapter Six: Slughorn's Dinner Party
Chapter Seven: Trust
Chapter Eight: Moonlight
Chapter Nine: Without Her
Chapter Ten: Studying
Year 1: Chapter One (Rewrite)

Chapter One: Dementors

7.4K 276 88
By THE_SHIP_SHALL_SAIL

"Oooh. Looks yummy let me have a bite." Y/N had just gotten out of the shower, walking over to Hermione who was eating a slice of cake.

Y/N had been staying with the Granger's for about a week or two now and he'd gotten pretty accustomed to the Muggle life. The Granger's were nothing but kind to him, letting them stay in Hermione's room on a cushion they prepared for him on the floor.

"Go get your own slice." Hermione said, trying to keep Y/N's hands from her food.

"Oh come on. Just a bite." Y/N easily managed to grab the fork from Hermione's hands before using it to eat some of the cake.

Y/N seemed to enjoy the cake, taking another big bite of it with the fork.

"That's not a bite!" Hermione exclaimed, grabbing the fork out of his hands.

"Muggle cake is really good." Y/N said all muffled due to the large chunk of cake in his mouth.

Hermione grabbed the cake back, resuming her eating as Y/N choked on it. Y/N instantly grabbed Hermione's cup of water, gulping it all down to relieve his throat.

"Hey! At least fill it back up!" Hermione smacked him in the shoulder.

Y/N chuckled, picking up the cup to refill it. He returned with a full cup, placing it down for Hermione to drink. As soon as she let go of her fork, Y/N instantly grabbed it again, resuming his eating.

"Here." Y/N smiled, offering her a forkful of cake.

"Seriously?" Hermione raised an eyebrow at him.

She tried to reach for the fork only for Y/N to move away.

"No, I'll feed you." Y/N chuckled, leaning his head onto his hand, his arm propped up onto the table.

"No." Hermione quickly shot him down, trying to grab the fork.

"C'mon. I read it in one of your books." Y/N said, still pushing to feed her.

"You were reading my books?!" Hermione's face turned red.

"I won't do it anymore if you let me feed you." Y/N's cheeky smile never faded.

Hermione went to eat the fork like Y/N wanted her to only for Y/N to move the fork away just as Hermione's lips touched the piece of cake, eating it instead of her.

"You really think I'd feed you, Hermione?" Y/N laughed at her.

"I hate you." She muttered hiding the blush on her face.

"Here." Y/N brought a forkful of cake towards her once more.

"No, you're gonna do it again." Hermione puffed out her cheeks.

"Don't do that. You look ugly." Y/N teased, poking her cheek with his free hand.

He thought she looked absolutely adorable.

"I won't do it again. Promise." Y/N brought the fork up to her mouth once more, this time letting Hermione eat it.

"You're an ass, Y/N Malfoy." She mumbled, refusing to make eye contact with Y/N.

Although she faced the other way, Y/N could hear a smile in her voice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You know, Y/N. You're very handsome even casual clothing." Mrs. Granger complimented the boy who had just finished getting ready to go out.

She straightened up Y/N's collar for him while they waited for Hermione to finish up. They were now on their way to purchase their items from Diagon Alley.

"Well I look good in everything." Y/N said proudly, rolling up the sleeves of his collared shirt.

"You could put a rag on me and I'd still look good."

Mrs. Granger couldn't help but chuckle at Y/N's confidence. It's not as if he was wrong, Y/N's good looks are all thanks to his face and build after all.

During his time with the Granger's, Y/N had realized how wrong his father was about them. They were no different from wizards, in fact, Y/N thought they seemed to be more pleasant. During his stay, he was not pressured to make an any decisions or get yelled at for simply being friends with people his father did not approve of.

"I would be delighted if it was you my Hermione ended up with." She teased him.

"I-"

"Mum what are you saying?" Hermione cut Y/N off, finally coming down from the stairs.

Hermione wore a striped hoodie and some pants. Her outfit was very simple making Y/N wonder what took her so long.

"Ah, there you are!" Mrs. Granger exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

"Let's take a photo, come along. Stand together please!"

Mrs. Granger made the two stand alongside each other while she stood in front of them, holding a polaroid camera.

"What's that?" Y/N questioned the small device.

"It's a Muggle device for instant photos." Hermione explained as Mrs. Granger got the camera ready.

Y/N hummed a response, wrapping an arm around Hermione, pulling her closer before making peace signs with both of his hands, smiling his usual cheesy grin.

"Perfect!" Mrs. Granger took the photo with a flash.

Y/N went towards Mrs. Granger, watching as a small image printed itself out of the camera. He watched with amazement at the camera.

"It's like magic!" Y/N exclaimed, accepting the photo from her.

"You act like you weren't raised in a Pure-blooded household." Hermione teased, walking up beside Y/N.

Y/N looked at the photo to see Hermione's face was pink at Y/N's hold.

"Would you look at that. I never thought you'd be blushing over me, Granger." Y/N teased yet couldn't help the smile forming on his face.

"Give it here, Y/N." Hermione said reaching for the photo.

"No way, this is mine now." Y/N poked his tongue out, running around the room as Hermione chased him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm warning you, Hermione. Keep that bloody beast away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!" Ron threatened, hugging his rat tight.

Y/N and Hermione came across Ron while shopping. They heard that Harry was being kept at the Leaky Cauldron for using magic in the presence of Muggles so they went over there together. 

While Y/N and Hermione were shopping, however, Y/N decided to buy Hermione a pet as a thank you for letting him stay at her place while he fought with his father. This lead to Hermione picking out a cat with a face that looked to be squashed.

"It's a cat, Ronald. What do you expect?" Hermione sighed, hugging her cat tightly.

"It's in his nature."

"A cat? Is that what they told you?!" Ron spat, arguing further.

"Looks more like a pig with hair!"

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush!" Hermione argued back, keeping her cat away from Ron.

Y/N sat in a chair, drinking a cup of tea. He decided not to stop their fighting because, well, Hermione was winning and it was fun to see his rival defeat Ron.

"Crookshanks, just ignore the mean little boy."

"Harry." Y/N noticed the boy who watched them from the staircase.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed, turning her head to follow Y/N's gaze.

The quartet now sat on the table together, with Y/N and Hermione on one side, Harry and Ron opposite them. Ron had started talking to Harry about his trip to Egypt, showing him a photo of them.

"Egypt? What's it like?" Harry questioned the boy.

"Brilliant. Loads of old stuff... like mummies, tombs, even Scabbers enjoyed himself." Ron exclaimed, showing off his rat.

"You know the Egyptians used to worship cats." Hermione spat, hugging Crookshanks tight.

"Along with the dung beetle." Ron mocked.

"Not flashing that clipping about again, are you?" Fred Weasley walked into the restaurant, grabbing the newspaper.

"No, not a soul. Not unless you count Tom." George Weasley chuckled.

"The day maid."

"The night maid."

"The cook."

"The bloke who fixed the toilet."

"And that wizard from Belgium."

Hermione got up to speak to Ginny who had just entered with her parents. Y/N followed her, letting the twins sit onto the chairs they sat on before.

"Thanks, Y/N. For saving me back in the Chamber." Ginny said, refusing to look the handsome boy in the eyes.

Of course, it was like that with every girl he spoke to, only Hermione was immune to his charms which made it even more fun to tease her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I didn't mean to blow her up. I just..." Harry said as they pushed through the students to find a compartment in the train.

"I lost control."

"Brilliant." Ron chuckled.

"Honestly, Ron, it's not funny." Hermione scolded him.

"She's right. Harry was lucky not to be expelled." Y/N defended.

"Since when did you two get so close?" Ron groaned at the two.

"Come on. Everywhere else is full." Hermione lead them into a compartment with a single man, huddling up to his robes sat.

"Who do you think that is?" Ron asked, taking his bag off.

Harry and Ron sat together next to the man while Y/N and Hermione took the seats opposite them.

"Pass that over, Hermione." Y/N brought out his hand, letting her sit down first as he put their bags and Crookshank's cage on the little shelf above them.

"Thank you, Y/N. Professor R.J. Lupin." She thanked him and answered Ron's question.

"Do you know everything?" Ron said in a tone that sounded like he was complaining.

"How is it she knows everything?"

"It's on his suitcase, Ronald." Hermione sighed, pointing at it.

"Oh." Ron's gaze fell.

"Do you think he's really asleep?" Harry asked, inspecting the man sitting beside Ron.

"Seems to be. Why?" Hermione questioned as Harry shut the compartment's doors.

"I gotta tell you something." He replied.

Harry then began to tell them about what he'd learned from Mr. Weasley and the Ministry. Y/N grew worried as the sun disappeared, replaced by a misty rain.

"Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you?" Ron recapped.

"Yeah." Harry whispered.

Y/N stared out the window but kept listening, resting his head on his hand.

"But they'll catch Black, won't they?" Hermione questioned.

"I mean, everyone's looking for him."

"Sure. Except no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before... and he's a murderous, raving lunatic." Ron added, making Harry's spirits die down.

"Thanks, Ron." Harry said sarcastically.

The train suddenly came to a halt, shaking as the breaks squeaked.

"Why are we stopping?" Hermione asked, furrowing her eyebrows, looking out the windows.

"We can't be there yet."

Harry got up to check outside only to see more confused students doing the same. The train suddenly shook, making Hermione fall towards Y/N and Harry fall back inside the compartment, right back to his seat.

"Looks like you've literally fallen for me now, Granger." Y/N teased, earning himself a playful hit on the shoulder before she got back to her seat.

"It's not really the right moment, Y/N." She scolded him.

"What's going on?" Ron cried.

"I don't know. Maybe we've broken down." Harry said, catching his breath.

The lights suddenly went off worrying them further.

"Ouch, Ron that was my foot!" Hermione yelped, moving closer to Y/N.

"There's something moving outside." Y/N said, squinting his eyes at the window.

The lights flickered back on and off and back on again until it finally shut off.

"I think someone's coming aboard." Ron said, also looking through the window.

The train began to shake back and forth this time, making Hermione hug onto Y/N's arm, feeling safe at his touch.

"You alright?" Y/N questioned her as the train stopped moving.

Hermione's face looked tense, she was obviously terrified. Hermione's breath fogged up as the glass on the train seemed to freeze. Y/N took it upon himself to protect his best friend, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around Hermione. Y/N noticed the bottle of water on the table freeze as well as the room began to freeze. The train shook once more before Y/N wrapped his arm around Hermione's shoulder.

"Bloody hell! What's happening?!" Ron exclaimed, holding onto his seat.

The quartet went quiet when they saw a figure walk across the doors. It wore a tattered black cloak and it's hands were that of a skeleton. It's face was hooded. It opened the door, scaring the quartet even more. Y/N backed up towards the window, pulling Hermione with him as the figure took a step in. It looked around before laying it's eyes on Harry. It seemingly sucked up Harry's soul, moving closer to Harry as it did. The sleeping man suddenly sprung up, casting a bright spell on the figure, making it retreat as Harry passed out. The train began to move once more.

"Harry!" Y/N yelled, kneeling down in front of his friend.

"Harry are you alright?" Hermione asked, crouching down beside Y/N.

Hermione handed him his glasses as he woke.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"Here, eat this, it will help." Lupin handed Harry a piece of chocolate.

"It's alright. It's chocolate."

"What was that thing that came?" Harry questioned, his hand was a little shaky.

"It was a dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now." Lupin replied.

"It was searching the train for Sirius Black. If you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver."

He then stood up, leaving the chocolate next to the Harry before leaving.

Y/N and Hermione returned to their seats with Crookshanks who had escaped his cage in the middle of the attack.

"What happened to me?" Harry asked his friends as he munched on the piece of chocolate.

"Well, you sort of went rigid." Ron explained.

"We thought maybe you were having a fit or something."

"And... did either of you three.. well... you know... pass out?" Harry asked, staring at them.

"No. It felt weird, though. I can't really explain it." Y/N replied, looking down.

"Like I'd never speak with Hermione again?"

"But someone was screaming." Harry said.

"A woman."

The other three exchanged worried glances.

"No one was screaming, Harry." Hermione answered, shaking her head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The choir sang out a song as the students sat at their respective tables. As soon as the choir dispersed, Dumbledore walked up to his small podium.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!" He waved his hands with enthusiasm.

"Now, I'd like to say a few words... before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast."

"You should have come home, Y/N." Draco whispered.

"Mother was worried sick, you have no idea how hard it was to convince her you'd be fine."

"I'll send her a letter later, shhh." Y/N whispered back.

"Where did you stay anyways?" Draco continued.

"We'll talk later." Y/N said before ignoring him.

"First, I'm please to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin... who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, professor." Dumbledore introduced, making the students burst into applause.

"Psst. Potter." Draco called out to the table behind them.

"Is it true you fainted? I mean, you actually fainted?"

Y/N pulled his brother by the robes, making him face his own table.

"Settle down, brother." He said.

"Thanks, Y/N." Harry whispered before turning their attention back to Dumbledore.

"...has decided to retire... in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce... that his place will be taken by none other... than our own Rubeus Hagrid." Dumbledore announced the new Magical Creature's professor.

The quartet clapped louder than anyone at their friend's new job.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note... at the request of the Ministry of Magic... Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban... until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds."

The students started chattering and gossiping.

"Now whilst I've been assured... that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you... to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times... if one only remembers to turn on the light."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Malfoy, Miss Granger. Please wait a minute." Professor McGonagall chased after the two as the students left the Great Hall.

"As per request, you two have permission to use a Time-Turner in order to take extra classes and only to take extra classes."

She handed them a necklace with a strange design.

"To use it you must turn the item in the middle. We are only permitting one as you two have both chosen the same classes. Special permission has been given to Y/N to take the same classes as Miss Granger. Meaning, he will be taking classes with Gryffindors." She instructed them, handing the necklace to Hermione.

"I hope you do great things, the two of you. You both are the brightest students of your times."

"Thank you, Professor." Y/N bowed slightly.

Though when with Hermione, Y/N did not have the air of a noble at all. But when in front of adults, he is the most respectful guy in the school.

"You ready to spend most of your year with me, Hermione?" Y/N teased, walking down the hall with her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I feel like a mother excited to see her son's graduation writing Y/N's story. I'm so excited to pair Y/N and Hermione off already, their chemistry is too much

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

990 25 13
"Good Morning, Malfoy." She stuttered, giving him a side eye. "Oh, not so fast. Where are you headed to, Granger?" He pulled her gently by the collar...
833 15 12
Draco Malfoy has a twin sister that act absolutely like him, The only difference they both have is their genders and the fact that her twin is 9 min...
13.9K 337 27
Hermione Granger has loved Draco Malfoy since the first time they met. However, she is unsure if she should continue to like him for her 2 best frien...
Loathe. By sj1012

Fanfiction

196K 4.3K 59
⚠️UNDER EDITING/REVISION (changing y/n to Myla)!⚠️ (this story is still available to read) Everyone has that one person they can't stand...y/n Jones...