Quinque Chordae , First book...

By VIIIhmmmm

Agrona Vritra desired to bring power from one of the numberless world's he saw through fate rune's power.... ... More

Chapter 0
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

206 14 3
By VIIIhmmmm

First forged sword

(Chapter 1)

( Year 1008 day 67/120 , location capital of Elenoir )

  Virion hummed as he saw Luxsan practice sound magic under guidance of Aya , who unlocked it after reaching solid orange core stage . Prince and girls were all bright orange with cracks appearing on their cores bit by bit . Their visit to Elenoir' border with Beast Glades proved crucial as three learned hunting and gathering. 

   Lux's explanation of ice magic spread quite a bit . Isvaar and Alea were first to try and actually have reached enough understanding of it to utilize the power . 

   Also the prince taught them another thing. Constant mana consumption , or simply mana attraction as he called it . Sadly Virion and older elves who tried could only do it while putting their mind to it during motion , but girls seemed to be better and learned to do it without need to think about the process . 

   Virion remembered a legend of an elven knight who assimilated ice wyvern will and was the only known ice user in their history before . He chuckled thinking how different his dear grandchild made this generation.

( Year 1010 day 5/120 , location capital of Elenoir )

   Luxsan let out a long sigh . He knew this talk would be a hard one . After first time he read about adventurers he knew this experience would be what he needed to grow , to see how hard attempt of coexistence between human and elves in this world would be . 

   -Dear ? - his mother noticed that he had not touched his dinner . Letting out a sigh he started . 

   -Father , mother , grandfather - Licht spoke calmly - I want to become an adventurer … - there was silence for a few seconds .

    -Son… no , you… even if you find a way to get passage and hide your identity it is far too dangerous - Alduin said firmly - you are too young too…

    -I planned on first reaching eight years of age , forging my first proper weapon , learning more from grandfather … - he gave his father a stirm look .

    -Dear … why do you want it ? You can hunt with Aya and Alea - his mother spoke up after recovering from shock .

    -It is a different experience, mother , as well… i want to understand humans , war is born of misunderstanding , greed and hate… grudges only lead to more pain - Virion hummed before speaking.

    -You are correct , that's how we started our last war against dwarves actually… - grandfather let out a sigh - i will agree but you will get extra hard training from me whole year on… also what about your identity ?

   -I will use hair colouring from plants I can grow using my magic , a voice changing mask was made by Aya and master Isvaar for me a few days ago , sound magic will also create illusion to hide our ears true shape - Lux looked at his father , his expression was the most dark from them four .

    -Son… humans are… - Licht cut him off staring into Alduin's eyes. 

    -Greedy , prideful , cruel … i know father but don't tell we never act alike - Alduin looked away , Virion gave a short nod - I want to see if i can find a few good humans , changes never start big… 

    -Ah… why are you sometimes wiser than your own father ? - king let out a tired chuckle - I guess sending a guard with you is out of the question?

   -Why ? I wouldn't mind , if Alea's parents agree , we can hide our plant magic and go just as earth and water mages - Merial let out a sigh of relief . - But would her parents agree ?

    -I will ask her father , did you ask her? - Virion spoke again . Licht nodded - and?

    -She wanted to see the world too , find new plants for the garden , see beasts we only saw in books - he answered with a smile - I know it all won't be as books tell , but such moments will be there too…

    -Ha… just please be careful , and you will carry a communication scroll each if you both go - prince nodded in silent agreement. 

( Year 1011 day 7/120 , location capital of Elenoir )

   Year passed like a week . Training , forging simple pieces , then weapon whole but only to train .

   Virion helped Luxsan unconsciously to find insight on his light magic.  During another evening story about hunts in beast glades he spoke about a beast whose scales bent light so it would be impossible to see . Replication of the trick took a bit less than a month to master and became his light magic version of mana skin .

   Currently he was looking at his sword.  Guard from dark steel green metal shaped like a four leaf clover bent down into half  sphere . Straight blade with white gem core and silver metal for material covering it except for a few veins closer to cutting edges . Handle from light beige wood with veins of the same colour .

  He was no dwarf to make mana absorbing blade. Enchanting was still hard to understand for him and his control seemed to still be too rough by Aya's examination . 

  So he settled for a crystal that could conduct any mana type he already had . Then he simply let normal mana absorption go , but not through each inch of his body , but only through the sword itself . Effect was similar but not as strong as the demon dweller sword he had in his past lifetime . 

   -Beautiful weapon my prince - Feiryth commented after test of spell absorbing effect was over - Your and lady Alea's masks were sent to the palace … 

    -Thank you for everything master Isvaar - Licht bowed . Man gently ruffled his long silver hair giving him a wide proud smile.

   Alea looked at two masks.  White with green leaf pattern around eyes for her , gray with a small yellow sun symbol for prince Luxsan . Two storage rings laid on the same table near the masks , they looked very simple , just silver circles with blue and green gems respectively. 

   Her father agreed to let her go , also they would call and report each week at least through the communication scroll . 

    Finally Lux flew through the window on his broom . Everyone got used to his weird way of flying , some wind mages even adopting it themselves .

   They both wore similar clothing at the moment , dark gray shirt with dark green leather armour chest piece , shoulder pads and gloves . Black leather boots , fluffy brown cloaks . 

    -Ready ? - Lux asked.  She gave him a nod. Looking at her father Alea smiled before giving him a tight hug .

    -Take good care of mom and little brother , i will bring something good back for sure - he ruffled her hair gently .

     -Just come back safely , that's the best gift for our family… - looking at the prince her father added - i will leave my daughter in your care prince Luxsan…

    -I will do my best to bring her back safely mister Triscan - Lux answered calmly . They put on the rings and masks , prince hiding both of his swords into the storage ring . 

   Her hair now was a deep brown colour. His was pure raven black . Maids walked in carrying backpacks which they both hid into the storage rings as well .

    -Be safe there little sunray - Virion spoke as they walked down the stairs and to the carriage . Queen and king gave their son a tight hug before letting him go. 

   Their way to the city of Ashbern started. It was closest to Elenoir , near their border with Sapin and had the building of the Adventurer guild in it . Which was why it was chosen .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 4.2K 34
After having successfully defeated the demon Zarged, responsible for the tragedy of the Elf tribe 500 years ago with the aid of the Magic Knights of...
46.7K 1.7K 30
Arthur Leywin, after losing his dad in the war against the Vritra accepts Agrona's offer of removing himself from the war. Agrona accepts, under one...
462 65 42
Highest ranks Ive had: #2 in mistory #173 in loss #251 in powers #724 in tricks #792 in Fae "Not all things lost are really gone. Never lose hope Ra...
22.6K 1.1K 47
I don't know if I died or not, but the moment I regained my consciousness, I was already standing on a field full of grass and surrounded by trees. "...