Duplicitous | T.N.

Af sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora the sleeping beauty, damned to a boundless doze. Only true loves kiss had the power to haul her from s... Mere

Cast
I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds
II • Nail chewing is a bad habit
III • Little Miss too perfect for me
IV • What are you hiding?
VI • Prejudice
VII • Physiological warfare
VIII • That one blissful moment
IX • More Angst
X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm
XI • Dumbledores Army
XII • Half the angel
XIII • No clubs
XIV • Pure Dread
XV • Spells and Stunning
XVI • Two graves
XVII • A sneaky bugger
XVIII • Drowning sorrows in thick liquor
XIX • Anthony Creevey
XX • Shame
XXI • Downturned Glares
XXII • A brush with war
XXIII • Red & Green Ying & Yangs
XXIV • Two Stolen Angels
XXV • Selfish Hatred
XXVI • Repeated Mistakes
XXVII • Stern memories
XXVIII • Sleeping Beauty
XXIX • To reign hell
XXX • Injuries and Assumptions
XXXI • Armestice
XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast
XXXIII • Forbidden Serpent
XXXIV • Jovial Encounters
XXXV • Daring Lions & Crafty Serpents
XXXVI • I made a friend...
XXXVII • Almosts & Atelophobia
XXXVIII • Triumphed smiles
XXXIX • Hit me
XL • The real Fox
XLI • I can't
XLII • Concealed shames
XLIII • Pretty Blondes
XLIV • Stained, inky crushes
XLV • My father
XLVI • Various departures
XLVII • Owed Favours
XLVIII • Authentic sneers
XLIS • Parrallel || lellarraP • XLIS
L • Fantasy Letters
LI • A corpes' touch
LII • Nott acceptable
LIII • A scented boy
LIV • Cast under influence
LV • An Opal Curse
LVI • The end marks the beginning, the beginning marks the end
LVII • In the rain
LVIII • Cruel Bastards
LIX • A loathing
LX • Red handed
LXI • Deceitful doves
LXII • Once upon a dream
LXIII • The prodigal boyfriend
LXIV • Gothic fears and families
LXV • Bewitched minds
LXVI • The highs and hows of a teenage girl
LXVII • Complexion
LXVIII • Jam on toast
LXIX • Familiar Faces

V • True colours

5.2K 136 45
Af sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora had immediately whipped her head away from Theo. The way he raised his eyebrows and jutted his head up at her. It was intimidating, almost as if he was threatening her. Warning her that if she kept her eyes on him for any longer he would do something horrific.

With her fork she collected another pile of peas. This time she didn't have any difficulty chewing. She had sparked up a conversation with the first year in front of her, he seemed sweet. When she had presented him with a toothy grin, her mouth full of peas, the boys emotions of fear, from the unfamiliar environment, dwindled, and he laughed, clearly amused by the two peas that rolled from her lips.

His laugh was loud and obnoxious, but it brought a warming sensation to her chest. It was moments like these that she genuinely felt good. It wasn't forced. But of course her light hearted smile diverted into a scowl as she stared at her plate. Unhappy, due to her minor interaction with the six year Slytherin across the room.

The boy who had introduced himself as Charlie, sparked up a conversation with Aurora. His interest in Hogwarts had completely distracted her, the Slytherin boy was on her mind no longer.

Charlie was excited to be a Gryffindor, he told her that the sorting hat gave no hesitation to sort him into the house of the brave and just. Rory on the other hand received major hesitation from the hat. It's probably the reason why she disliked it, the hat initially wanted to place her in Slytherin, but paused, she refused to be a Slytherin, so he considered the traits she held of a Gryffindor within. So six years later, there she was, sparking up a conversation with a new little lion housed wizard.

What caught her eye was the Nott boy rising from his seat across the room, it was too early to leave but she assumed that wouldn't stop the likes of him. His gaze was set on something, his eyebrows furrowed, she followed his line of sight. Rory then spotted Daphne traveling across the room to herself. Rory returned her attention to the Slytherin boy, but he had already made a quick exit.

The round faced, blonde beauty squished herself between Rory and the unknown person besides her. After making herself visibly comfortable she offered Aurora a grin. "Hello, Roars" was all she said.

Suspicious, Rory thought, does she want something from me? She questioned herself. Aurora squinted her eyes in accusation. Daphne immediately sighed and asked what she had come to ask.

"You are so hard to manipulate." She whined. "I came here to check on you." The sixth year Slytherin admitted, her head hung low.

Aurora rolled her eyes and snatched Daphnes hands in her own. "I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me." She protested.

"I know," the blonde sighed. "I just can't help but worry about you."

"You don't have to, okay?" The prefect replied, in assurance. "I'm fine." The two girls then broke into a casual conversation that went on for the remainder of their dinner time.

Since Hermione and Ron were the fifth year prefects it wasn't Rory's responsibility to guide the tiny Gryffindors to the common room. Unfortunately, as prefect, Rory doesn't expect to receive much sleep due to her midnight patrols.

Sleep is a necessity to humans, Rory liked to believe she was the exception. Her current sleeping schedule was all over the place, the majority of her nights she spent awake and busy, or attempting to go to sleep but to no avail.

She also noticed that during the time of three pm was when she felt most tired. It was the only time she found herself fighting for sleep. It was odd and random, but apparently the case.

By ten o'clock curfew was at it's beginning, Aurora made her way to her common room to get changed into more comfortable attire. Changing out of her pink polo and Mum jeans, she wore a pair of tracksuit pants and George's Quidditch jumper.

Rory, in mourning, had taken it upon herself during the holidays to study like crazy, she created multiple binders, a muggle organization system, assigned for her classes.

The next day she had the classes, Charms with Hufflepuff followed by, Care of magical creatures with Slytherin, her mother made her choose that subject, then transfiguration and herbology along with Hufflepuff, and finally to end her day potions with Slytherin again.

Out of all those classes Aurora struggled with Charms most, not that she wasn't good, she just happened to naturally do better in the other classes.

She collected her suitcase and placed it on her bed, then she opened it and started to unpack her  items. Her roommates, Angelina Johnson, Romilda Vane and Katie Bell were down in the common room, doing god knows what. Angelina had offered for Rory to join, but the prefect declined due to her duties.

The girls whom she shared a dorm with were lovely individuals. Rory especially liked Angelina, she was an extremely talented Quidditch player, Rory also admired her carefree attitude, it was genuine. She didn't dislike the others, Katie was exceptionally sweet and was never one to make a fuss over something silly like Romilda.

The Vane girl was also a lovely person, but she had a reoccurring habit of growing overly determined. When she did so, anyone in her way was shark chum. Aurora had often found herself a figurative barrier in Romildas figurative destination. Due to the roaring determination that resided in the both of them, it was common for the two to disagree.

Aurora organized her desk, and sleeping quarters. Not a single thing out of line, just the way she liked it. She selected her thick Charms binder filled with notes and spells that Rory had written over the years.

The whole book was specifically organised to her liking, she had assembled it into three sections. One third was dedicated to what she had understood completely. The middle sections were for the parts she was okay at, but hadn't perfected. Finally the last third was for the syllabus she didn't understand at all. Luckily for Aurora the red fraction was currently empty.

Aurora wandered the halls with her charms binder and textbook, her pen tangled in her hair to form a low, messy bun. Her reading glasses rested on the top of her head as she wandered the hallways in her baby blue slippers.

Her glasses used to have the thickest, blackest, ugly frames and the most noticeable lenses, that was when she didn't get a choice in them. Now that she was older, and was allowed to choose her own, she preferred to use wayfare oval shaped, clear frames. It was subtle and unnoticeable, she liked that.

When she was nine, another young witch had made a nasty remark about them, so she pleaded for her parents to use magic for her eyes. Her mother who was adamant to teach Aurora about resilience wouldn't allow her to cower like that, so her parents refused to do so.

Rory had decided to leave for school with her glasses and would remove them when she arrived. The poor girl was as blind as a bat during her attendance at her primary school for younger witches and wizards. Aurora then became mature enough to realize that she desperately needed glasses and made the appropriate decision to just wear nicer ones.

Her eyes skimmed over the pages of her textbook for her sixth year. Occasionally using the pen in her hair to scribble down more notes. Tomorrow, According to the textbook, they would be learning about the most famous charms originators. This wasn't as fun as practical work, but it would assist her in learning the original technique of some spells; she could maybe even make a few tweaks to it herself.

She was having difficulty holding on to everything, the books piled in her hands made it almost impossible to write when needed, at that point she used her mouth to hold her wand, which was currently producing light for her in the dark hallway.

What she didn't notice was a certain cheeky ghost sneaking up behind her. He had been following her for almost an hour on her endless walk throughout the halls. Peeves had been creating minor noises to create a feeling of paranoia in her. It was his plan to scare her until she turned white.

Finally, Peeves decided, now was his time to act. The mischievous poltergeist had began to creep closer to his poor unsuspecting victim, Aurora.

There, he leaped at her, he released a 'Boo' as he had done so. The girl let out a loud yelp, and began to hyperventilate, but calmed once she realized it was only Peeves.

Aurora had never liked the silly ghost. She was the type to in-force rules, he was the type to break them. Her dislike for the ghost piled amongst the lack of sleep, anxious studying, the dropping of her books and finally, her home life caused her to temporarily crack.

"What are you doing you blithering idiot!" She yelled at him. She never yelled, but it felt good, so she continued. "What was the bloody purpose of that?" She questioned.

The ghost never received a response from the girl and was initially surprised of what he had accomplished, he then smirked to himself in triumph. This had added gasoline to the already raging fire of Aurora Flores.

So she yelled again. Little did she know, a certain Slytherin boy that was about to turn the corner was now listening in. "If you had flesh I would skin you, you pale moron!" Her voice was rising even louder. Rory's words both shocked and amused Theo. Who knew she had it in her? He thought.

Peeves began cackling at her, as she continued to fire insults. "I am barely functioning right now! It feels like I can't breathe, and your behavior is anything but helpful!" She screamed again, stomping her foot to emphasize her point.

Theo yet again grew curious, why wouldn't she be okay, what is she hiding, he thought again. Apparently the princess of kindness wasn't so kind when pressure was applied.

Peeves continued to cackle, he even raised his hand and pointed his index finger at her in a mocking manner. His actions sparked an explosion. "Oh, how you have the fucking audacity, I will never understand" Theodores' mouth fell agape at her foul language. In a lower voice she spoke again, this time a threat escaped her lips. "You better turn around and walk way right now, or I will send bloody Barron straight after you."

The laughter died out, and Peeves scurried away immediately. After a moment or two, to calm herself, she bent down to collect her dropped books.

Theo watched as she did so in awe. In that moment he was hit with a dramatic epiphany. She's a fucking fake, he accused in his head. She wasn't nice at all. This made him ecstatic. He now had a choice, either walk away and mind his own business, or attempt to expose her true colours yet again. He was jovial to choose the latter.

As Aurora collected her things tears began to pool in her eyes, but before any would fall, she willed for them to go away, and they did. Slow claps was what she heard next.

She raised her head and met the condescending gaze of the sixth grade, brunette, blue eyed Slytherin, a smirk engraved onto his face.

Clap

Clap

Clap

His actions were antagonizing, he was purposely aggravating her. "Quite the show." He commented. What annoyed her most was the way he said it. As though it was a compliment. It probably was, he was probably proud. A cruel Slytherin encouraging bad behavior, it was to be expected, she thought. Rory lightly shook her head, clenched her eyes and jaw and expelled the horrid thoughts from her mind, the young girl then rose from her crouched position.

"What do you want?" She questioned, though they both knew it was more of an accusation, than an innocent inquiry. Neither voiced their thoughts.

He plucked the dying cigarette from his lips and flicked it on to the stone floor where he softly stomped on it, to prevent a literal fire from erupting. He released a chuckle, shook his head and bit his lower lip in excitement. He was excited to watch her reveal the dark parts of herself again. All he had to do was trigger it.

He took one long step towards her. Theodore towered over the Gryffindor, arms rested in the pockets of his unzipped jumper. He was all too pleased that he knew something she didn't, the Flores girl was going to become the victim once again that night. His victim. He was overjoyed at the thought of Aurora being at his mercy. 

She took a step back, in synth with his advance towards her. Eyebrows furrowed, a small cheeky smirk expressed on her face. An expression which indicated the mix of confusion and her plan to keep them at a comfortable distance.

At this, she was gaining control of the interaction and he needed to win it back. So he advanced forward again, and like he anticipated, she repeated her previous actions, moving away.

They continued to repeat this little game until she was backed into the wall. Now was his chance to gain the upper hand. He raised both of his hands to the bricks she was leant against, resting them on each side of her head, blocking any chance of her escape.

In this rather intimate position she gave him a small glare. If it wasn't for her gulp that followed, he could've been convinced that the attempt to intimidate was failing to affect her in the slightest. He smirked. His smirk quickly exchanged into a Cheshire grin, he bit his tongue as he shook his head.

He loved the power he held over her in that moment. Her glare faded. She was being submissive. Wise choice, he thought.

He had multiple options available to force her out of her sweet girl persona. He figured a little unwanted flirtation wouldn't hurt. Correction. Wouldn't hurt him. He had planned for it to eventually hurt her.

"Who knew you could be so feisty?" His voice lowered almost to a purr. He was going to fight for a reaction from her. He wanted it so bad. He ached for it.

His right hand left its place on the wall by her head, and he dragged his index finger down the side of her face. Her cheeks were soft, so smooth. He was almost envious again.

His featherlight touch continued to trail down her skin. He stroked along her jaw, His smile growing as she clenched said jaw. In a quick movement she slapped his hand away.

Bingo. It was that tiny exchange that proved to him she would crack if he pushed hard enough. He pursed his lips, furrowed his eyebrow and narrowed his eyes in fake disapproval. A small 'ooh' left his mouth.

He craned his neck, his head coming down closer. Their noses were almost touching. She was going pink in the face. Not because she was blushing. She was angry. He was getting somewhere, they both knew it. Even though Aurora didn't know of his plan, she was aware she was on the brink of a temper tantrum.

In fear of raging again, she ducked under his arm. Rory then pulled her books closer to her chest as she walked away at a fast pace. She didn't look back.

With his left arm still on the wall he looked over it and followed her figure as she stormed off. Another cheeky smirk graced his features. Well played Flores, he thought. Well played. He vowed she wouldn't be so lucky in the future.

Aurora abandoned her patrol duties, and made her way back to her room. On her walk she pondered on how close she was to lifting her binder and hitting him square across the side of his face just to wipe off that smug expression.

She needed to calm herself. She was too easily angered tonight. She cannot allow herself to repeat her actions. So, when she arrived at her dorm, she sat facing her bathroom mirror. There she practiced her sweet smile she had perfected at a young age.

She wanted to be angry. A part of her defended her actions, everyone deserves the right to be rude. But she felt guilty. She was raised in a household where anger never controlled any of her relatives. Why was it so difficult for her? She was going to feel guilty for yelling at Peeves. But she wasn't going to apologize, he deserved it. So once again she gazed into her beautiful reflection and smiled. It was genuine. She was calm.

AN
Please comment and vote, have a nice day

- sofiamariaisabel
Or just Sofia

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1.4M 32.3K 50
A Theodore Nott Love Story. *** Everything isn't what it seems. *** "Lies! It's all lies, Theo!" I raised my voice, tears brimming the edge. "What...
12.5K 357 68
It's a recipe for disaster, a Slytherin love triangle with edges so sharp someone's bound to bleed to death. Insidious secrets, broken hearts, a bre...
174K 4K 44
Draco's eyes blazed with anger, "I fulfilled my promise. Theo made me swear to look after you and I did that." Hermione stood her ground, watching th...
6.1K 105 18
Vivianne Nott was known to everyone as Theodore's "sweet innocent baby sister" and she was tired of it. Always stuck in her brother's shadow, she dec...