Duplicitous | T.N.

Af sofiamariaisabel1

Aurora the sleeping beauty, damned to a boundless doze. Only true loves kiss had the power to haul her from s... Mere

Cast
I • 42 days, 1008 hours, 60 480 minutes and 362 8800 seconds
II • Nail chewing is a bad habit
III • Little Miss too perfect for me
V • True colours
VI • Prejudice
VII • Physiological warfare
VIII • That one blissful moment
IX • More Angst
X • Every time 'Great' is said, note the sarcasm
XI • Dumbledores Army
XII • Half the angel
XIII • No clubs
XIV • Pure Dread
XV • Spells and Stunning
XVI • Two graves
XVII • A sneaky bugger
XVIII • Drowning sorrows in thick liquor
XIX • Anthony Creevey
XX • Shame
XXI • Downturned Glares
XXII • A brush with war
XXIII • Red & Green Ying & Yangs
XXIV • Two Stolen Angels
XXV • Selfish Hatred
XXVI • Repeated Mistakes
XXVII • Stern memories
XXVIII • Sleeping Beauty
XXIX • To reign hell
XXX • Injuries and Assumptions
XXXI • Armestice
XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast
XXXIII • Forbidden Serpent
XXXIV • Jovial Encounters
XXXV • Daring Lions & Crafty Serpents
XXXVI • I made a friend...
XXXVII • Almosts & Atelophobia
XXXVIII • Triumphed smiles
XXXIX • Hit me
XL • The real Fox
XLI • I can't
XLII • Concealed shames
XLIII • Pretty Blondes
XLIV • Stained, inky crushes
XLV • My father
XLVI • Various departures
XLVII • Owed Favours
XLVIII • Authentic sneers
XLIS • Parrallel || lellarraP • XLIS
L • Fantasy Letters
LI • A corpes' touch
LII • Nott acceptable
LIII • A scented boy
LIV • Cast under influence
LV • An Opal Curse
LVI • The end marks the beginning, the beginning marks the end
LVII • In the rain
LVIII • Cruel Bastards
LIX • A loathing
LX • Red handed
LXI • Deceitful doves
LXII • Once upon a dream
LXIII • The prodigal boyfriend
LXIV • Gothic fears and families
LXV • Bewitched minds
LXVI • The highs and hows of a teenage girl
LXVII • Complexion
LXVIII • Jam on toast
LXIX • Familiar Faces

IV • What are you hiding?

5.5K 116 67
Af sofiamariaisabel1

The sorting ceremony was a long and boring process as per usual. It was the same every time, the hat would sing his riddle about the year to come, and the first years looked at said hat as if it were a daunting beast, they were sorted into their houses, people cheered and clapped, the first years sat down and then Dumbledore would give his speech.

As the ceremony came to a close, Aurora was then dreading the long lecture her headmaster would give, it was inevitably long and boring and she wanted to eat.

Her thoughts were horrid, she immediately scolded herself for such rude, careless thoughts. So she beamed up at the headmaster, and without any more complaints, listened to what he had to say as her silent apology for her unkind thinking.

Dumbledores speech continued for what felt like forever, but Aurora none the less, provided him with her full attention. "We also wish a welcome to our new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher, professor Delores Umbridge"

At his introduction a lady that sat besides Professor Snape, let out an awfully girlish giggle. Aurora shifted slightly to face her. It pained Aurora but her first thought at the sight of the woman was particularly unkind. Her face on instinct scrunched in disgust at her choice of clothes. She wore a bright pink woolen cardigan, an odd looking hat, matching plaid skirt and a pair of awful one inch heals.

She initially assumed the new profesor would be one of those 'friendly villains'. The evilest kind. The fiends who always wore the sweetest of smiles but held the persona of a snake. But first impressions are often wrong, Aurora reminded herself, she's probably lovely.

"And I'm sure you'll all join me, in wishing the professor good luck." She's going to need it. All of their previous DA teachers had never lasted more than a year, Aurora could only assume that would be the case with this lady. "Ah, as usual" Dumbledore continued "Our caretaker, Mr Filch, has asked me to remind you-"

"Ehem'' Umbridge interrupted. This caused eyes to widen throughout the entire hall, everyone was aware that Dumbledore shouldn't be interrupted during his speeches, yet this woman had done so, so callously. It wasn't the way things were done here, it was absurd, but no one spoke their opinion. She raised from her seat and gave the room a sickening grin as she batted her eyelashes. The whole situation felt wrong to everybody.

She took her time as she strode to the front of the stage, she had created the loudest silence in the atmosphere and Rory couldn't help but be slightly impressed. It proved she had power. Her actions had bloomed a feeling of respect in Aurora, along with a feeling of dislike. The only noise to be heard were the steps she took "Thank you Headmaster."

This time, her words weren't the only ones Rory could hear, across from her she overheard Harry making a comment directed to Hermione. "She was at my hearing." He stated. "She works for Fudge." Dread blossomed with in her. Cornelius, the minister, was beginning to infiltrate Hogwarts, he very obviously didn't like Harry's accusations about the return of you-know-who, and planned to silence him with someone on the inside. Umbridge was going to be trouble she realized.

"For those kind words of welcome" the lady dressed in pink continued, "And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me." She directed this to the student sitting facing her. Auroras eyes traveled the room, she was yet to spot any 'bright, smiling, happy faces' in fact Rory could see the same detest, visible on the majority's faces, that she was currently feeling herself. Even the Slytherins held expressions of slight disgust, Hell, even Draco Malfoy was visibly cringing.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends" the words seemed condescending, although the pink professor knew something they didn't. Quite murmurs erupted amongst the students.

Sitting on her right she could hear the simultaneous voices of Fred and George "That's likely." They mumbled sarcastically, unsure expressions worn by them.

"The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance." Although that was true, Rory wasn't convinced that the 'importance of their education' was the reason Umbridge was currently at Hogwarts.

"All though each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school." She paced along the stage, hands clasped in front of her. "Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged." This confused Aurora greatly, not only did the phrasing sound incorrect but she didn't understand the meaning of it either.

"Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prove practices that ought to be prohibited" at her final words she let out another giggle, and shifted her eyes throughout the hall. Her expression reminded Aurora of a woman who would admit a baby is cute, yet would repulse at the idea of touching it. Rory anticipated that this woman would more than likely vomit if she got too close to the students.

Dumbledore then released a round of applause, which the rest of the students half heartedly copied, only the caretaker, Filch, appeared to clap with genuineness. "Thank you Professor Umbridge."

The feast was positively scrumptious. Rory devoured her meal almost as quickly as Ron who sat three seats down. She knew it was unladylike to incinerate her food and gulp it down like she was currently doing, but she couldn't control her urges to eat. She filled her plate with mashed potatoes, broccoli, chicken leg and peas. With her fork she stuffed all the peas on her plate into her mouth in one go.

Across the room, three tables down, the Slytherins ate their own food. Theodore hadn't been too hungry for dinner that night and ate at a particularly slow rate. The conversations taking place before him were boring, he only paid them half his mind.

His eyes scanned the great hall and to his amusement he spotted Aurora Flores doing something incredibly unlike Aurora Flores. There she was, mouth so full her cheeks were pushed outwards. She seemed to be having difficulty chewing. Her eyes connected with whoever was seated opposite her and she beamed up at them, two singular peas falling out of her mouth, rolling down her chin and on to her plate in a matter of seconds.

Finally she succeeded in swallowing her peas, at this he chuckled at her. Almost as if she heard him from afar her eyes fixated on his. He wore the ghost of a smile and kept his eyes on her, unashamed that he was caught staring.

Her face grew serious, and she appeared to be lost in thought. Then in a Theodore Nott like fashion, he raised his eyebrow up in question, chin jolting up lightly. His actions sparked a realization in her and she broke the contact, turning to face the Weasley twins, who were sat by her.

Any hints of amusement immediately vanished from his face, he turned back to the conversation currently occurring at the table, Draco had been conversing about their new DA teacher. He spoke of the ministry's infiltration to Hogwarts, and about Cornelius Fudge. Theo paid attention to some key points but couldn't care enough to genuinely listen.

Theo left the grand hall early that night, unbothered to sit by and wait for any longer. After asking Pansy, the new female prefect, for the password he stood up and made his way down the table towards the entrance. Not without spotting Daphne making her way to the Gryffindor table, towards a certain sixth year perfect little prefect.

His eyes narrowed, what was going on with her. It most positively didn't concern him and wasn't any of his business. He honestly shouldn't care less why Aurora Flores wasn't positively chipper for every moment of her glorious life. A part of him wanted to be nosy, he didn't care if it was disrespectful or rude, he definitely didn't mind being disrespectful or rude to Aurora Flores, in fact he probably would enjoy it.

That Flores girl was a walking, talking flower. His envy for her perfection evolved into an immediate dislike for her the moment she was declared the most popular girl amongst his grade. He didn't want her popularity, he didn't mind that, what he did mind was how beautiful her life seemed, he wanted it.

In his youth Theodore had lost his mother and his father was an abusive coward, why did he get such a horrible home life, while she was granted with protective siblings and loving parents. Lastly, to add to the cherry on top, she was loved by everyone. So, no, he didn't care why Daphne appears to be all worried about her, but he does wish to discover the flaws of Aurora Flores, because he despises her and would thrive in the existence of her pain and suffering.

Wandering the empty hallways, it was already seven o'clock. The paintings had stopped conversing and had begun preparing for sleep behind the frames. He took his time traveling to the common room, although the Slytherin Quarters were undoubtedly magnificent, the elegance and beauty was astounding, the room was not homey in the tiniest way. No comfort was to be found in the dungeons, it was not cozy, and most definitely not family friendly.

He journeyed down the stairs towards the dungeons. He lazily threw his head back and rolled his eyes at the intimidating lighting, no wonder they were considered the 'evil house' ; it was pitch black down there.

He strolled to the entrance of the common room. A brick wall. So unmistakable, yes. In his first year he constantly found himself demanding random walls to let him in. For what felt like forever, he would stare at the walls and pronounce the password, yet they never opened. Eventually he would come to the realization that it was the wrong wall and moved on to repeat the same process with a different random wall.

There were barely any significant points to indicate which wall specifically belonged to the Slytherins. Most had difficulties navigating the entrance, but none like eleven year old Theo. It was a confusing time for him.

He faced the wall and scanned for the cement patterning on the entrance; it was slightly thinner and more defined. Once he found the minor indifferences with this wall compared to the others he lowly announced the password.

"Blood supremacy" at his words the bricks trickled to the side revealing a path way into his common room. "Home sweet home." He jested to himself, sarcasm laced in his words.

With no care, he flopped onto the leather couch by the fire. His eyes remained trapped, entranced in the dancing flames. His legs lazily spread and his arms laid out on the back of the couch. His foot bounced, as he stared into the flames.

With no warning whatsoever his thoughts wondered. Without his permission he began to feel sentimental as he pondered about his mother. Beautiful woman she was, on the inside and out he liked to believe. He, who had witnessed his mothers passing, still pictured it from time to time.

It was a morbid thought, but it never escaped him. It also hurt to receive the constant reminder of his mothers death, every year on the carriages to school, where the Threstals ghoulish appearance would intimidate him again and again.

Thinking of his mother is not how Theo planned to spend his first night back at Hogwarts. So he went digging his hand into the pocket of his jeans searching for his prize. After a moment, he pulled out a packet of cigarettes. He placed the cancer stick between his lips and searched for his lighter. He would refuse to light his cigarettes in any other way, his lighter was embroidered with his family crest. He had no particular liking for his family's symbol, he found the large 'N' rather boring, though this lighter was his mothers and so he cherished it.

In his other pocket he pulled out the silver lighter. There, he raised it to the end of the cigarette. Covering his mouth with his free hand in an attempt to shield any breeze as he lit it.

When the small fire was born at the end of his nicotine filled stick, he instantly inhaled the smoke, and paid specific attention to the feeling of it running down his throat and swimming through his lungs. The light itching at the back of his throat was barely noticeable. His first time it was the only thing he paid attention to and choked up a thick cloud of smoke. He gently pushed his upper lip above his lower one and he then gazed in fascination as the barely visible mist traveled downward.

After a good minute he could hear the light footsteps of about thirty tiny wizards making their way towards the Slytherin common room. He wasn't one to be polite, but he wasn't particularly fond of smoking openly right by a bunch of eleven year olds.

The projected voices of Pansy and Draco was what he heard next, then, the prefects were introducing the younglings to the dungeons.

He dropped his bud to the floor and stomped on it in time before the first years came in. Looks of astonishment adorned their faces. It reminded Theo of his first arrival to the common room. He remembered staring at the room in awe, he didn't care much for it anymore, he got used to it. Once he found the opportunity he slipped out of the room, unnoticed.

Lighting another cigarette he strode along the corridors, his long legs taking him to where he wished to be. According to his watch, he bought the muggle invention in secret and found it rather useful, it was twelve thirty, he must've been staring at the fire for longer than he anticipated. It was way past curfew, but he didn't mind. Hands tucked into the pockets of his jumper, head raised upwards in confidence he continued his path.

His eyes traveled to the sleeping paintings, most didn't have beds or pillows in their portraits. Theo didn't have to imagine how uncomfortable it was to sleep without a bed thanks to his most pleasant, temper mental father. Most paintings remained seated up with their heads lulled downward in their slumber.

He never bothered to tip toe, his loud footsteps had woken up multiple paintings. The whining and complaints of the awoken paintings went straight in through one ear and out the other.

His initial destination was the astronomy tower, a beautiful place to relax, to smoke, to feel the wind kiss his cheeks, his traveling to that destination was prevented when he overheard a certain sixth year prefect talking - no yelling?

This was the most unexpected occurrence of the night. Little miss perfect would never yell, she's too carefree and nice, he grimaced at the word, to do so. He knew she was a rule enforcer, who was so obviously destined to be head girl, so it surprised him to hear her raising her voice.

He approached the source, soon he reached the intersection, she would be on the other side of the wall he was currently leaning against. He attempted to piece of the conversation or form context, but couldn't hear well enough.

He shifted closer, almost becoming visible on the other side, but managed to remain hidden, he attempted to blend into the darkness, he was never good at doing so, but his current position would have to do.

He listened. He was ever so curious. What could possibly have little miss Aurora all worked up?

His next thoughts, unbeknownst to him, would be the main subject of his mind for a while to come. What are you hiding Aurora Flores?

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

268K 6.6K 32
Theodore Nott is a womanizer who has never had a lasting connection with anyone. Hermione Granger is a girl who is suffering in silence. When e...
21.4K 348 21
*NOW COMPLETE* Set in a dark AU. Hermione Granger finds herself back at Hogwarts after the war has ended to finish her 8th year. With a magical soulm...
16K 628 42
The full moon that started it all. "Then when the sun turns into the moon, I am reminded how alone I am in the abyss of life." All Aspen Lewis wants...
60.7K 1.2K 34
She was a forgotten in her line of purebloods. He was a broken soul. They were opposites in character. Yet so perfect for each other. They evened out...