A Man With Two Masks// Bruce...

By FaithStarwalker

Eleanor Allen is the sister of Barry Allen, aka the Flash. After the particle accelerator explosion, she move... More

Dating App?
Missed Date
First Date
Job Fails
Dinner
Charity Event
The Batman
The Next Day...
The Nightmares...
The First Fight
You're The...
The Paparazzi
Barry Allen
A Walk in the Park
Being Sick
Birthday
Engagement
One More Date
The Wedding
Next Morning
Injury and Recovery
One Year Later... The Bat in the Belfry
Traction
Call of the Cobblepot
The Man Who Would Be Bat
The Big Chill
The Cat and The Bat
The Big Heat
Q & A
The Big Dummy
Topsy Turvy
Bird of Prey
The Rubber Face of Comedy
Clayface of Tragedy
The Cat, the Bat, and the Very Ugly
Riddled
Fire and Ice
The Laughing Bat
Swamped
Pets
Meltdown
JTV
Ragdolls to Riches

Batman Vs. Dracula

1.4K 33 4
By FaithStarwalker

:Here's an extra-long chapter! This is based on the movie Batman Vs. Dracula, which is part of the series. Make sure you have a snack, this is going to be a long read!:

Bruce's P.O.V.

I was on patrol on a dark and rainy night when I got the batwave went off, alerting me that both Joker and Penguin had escaped from Arkham again. I began to track them on foot, which wasn't difficult with the trail of damage Joker left behind. I soon found Joker running down a drainage system. I threw a batarang into a wall in front of his face to stop him, causing him to turn to face me. He frowned heavily.

"Don't get caught in the rain without your straight jacket," I said, Joker's lips turning up into a smile.

"Batsy, you're such a card," he said as he pulled out a few of his bladed playing cards, throwing them at me.

I only raised my hand to block them, having installed metal plating into my glove in case he ever had something like this again. Joker started running and I took off after him. He threw a flash bomb at me at the bridge, but I was on his trail right after. I finally managed to corner him, knocking him around before I tackled him into the water.

"Give it up," I ordered, but he kicked me in the face.

He took out two more cards and ran at me, slicing through the air and managing to cut across my chest. I was surprised, usually he wasn't that quick.

"This time I'm out for blood, Batsy," Joker said with a grin. He ran again and we found ourselves on the top of a bridge. I kicked Joker into a wall, knocking his cards out of his hands.

"Show's over," I said, but Joker grinned.

"The show must go on," He stated, reaching back and grabbing a jagged pole from behind him.

He swung at me and I managed to dodge, but the swing sent Joker tumbling over the side of the wall. My eyes widened and I rushed forward, looking down to see him hanging on to a brick.

"You wouldn't leave your pal hanging now, would you?" He asked and I went to give him a hand when I saw an electric shocker strapped to his palm. I instantly pulled back, Joker smirking. "Almost had you. Bye-bye Batsy!"

He let go and started to fall down to the water, my eyes widening in horror when I noticed his shockers start to malfunction. Joker noticed it right before he hit the water, screaming as he was electrocuted. He started to sink underwater, the devices continuing to glitch until he fell so far down I couldn't see the light anymore.

I didn't know whether to be relieved or to mourn, the rain not helping my mood. I just decided to go back to the cave, standing over a ledge as I thought for a little. I heard Ella walk up beside me after a few minutes.

"Bruce, you're bleeding," she pointed out, but I didn't say anything. "Bruce? You're brooding, more than usual."

"Ella," I said before slipping off my cowl. "Tonight, Joker met his demise." She went silent.

"What about Cobblepot?"

"His trail went completely cold."

Ella's hand slipped into mine, and I gripped it.

"It wasn't your fault," she whispered, but I didn't say anything.

We stayed like that for a little, just standing in silence before I let her dress my wound.

A Week Later... Ella's P.O.V.

Bruce and I were out to dinner for the first time in months, in a restaurant with a gorgeous view that overlooked the city. This was actually our fourth time trying to have a night out, but every time so far we got interrupted by batwave.

"Amazing," I mused.

"Yeah, the view is great," Bruce agreed.

"No, I mean it's amazing we've been here for forty minutes and you haven't had to bolt for the door yet."

Bruce smiled sheepishly, reaching over and taking my hands in his own.

"Work calls me a lot, I'm sorry."

I smiled, shaking my head.

"Bruce, it's fine, I get it. You know I support you in everything you do."

He gripped my hands and I couldn't help but notice how calloused his hands were. Goodness, it's a wonder people don't notice when he shakes their hands, but they must assume it's from 'playboy vacations'.

"Thank you, Eleanor. And you can have me all night tomorrow also, since we have that Wayne Industries Energy Expo."

I smiled and nodded. "Now that I'm excited for."

We both smiled and I noticed Bruce glance out at the setting sun.

"We need to be heading out."

I nodded and we stood, making our way home. We walked into the kitchen to find Alfred watching the news as he cleaned some silverware.

"The tally of missing persons in Gotham has spiked this past week, with PD no closer to discovering who, or what, might be behind the missing disappearances of these 'Lost Ones'. A cloud of fear hangs over our city," the reporter said.

"Gotham PD aren't the only ones who are baffled," Bruce spoke up.

"Might the missing Penguin be behind this?" Alfred asked.

"No ransom demands, not his style."

"And speaking of news, how was your date tonight?"

Bruce and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Short, but sweet," I replied, Bruce gripping my hand.

"To think I feared you prefer the company arch-villains at one time, Master Bruce," Alfred stated and we both chuckled.

"Thankfully I snapped him out of that," I said, reaching up to place a kiss on Bruce's cheek.

"And for that, I am grateful, Eleanor," Bruce smiled before frowning. "Let's see if tonight brings up Penguin or any of these 'Lost Ones'. I lost Joker, I'm not going to lose anyone else on my watch."

Bruce's P.O.V.

I was patrolling from the rooftops when I heard a scream of a woman, shouting for her purse. I jumped to another roof to find an elderly security guard walking toward a woman, another man lying on the ground behind him.

"Guess I'm not needed here," I muttered.

"Oh thank goodness," the woman said. "Did you find my bag?"

The man didn't say anything, but the woman's eyes widened in horror before screaming as he grabbed her arm. I was quick to swing down as he leaned forward and seemed to bite her neck, kicking him in the face as he turned to me and the woman collapsed.

The man was quick to his feet and jumped to the side of a building, then leaped at me and slammed me to the ground. I was surprised at his strength, and even more so when I saw a pair of sharp fangs instead of k-9 teeth. He growled and tried to get close, but I managed to kick him off of me. He recovered quickly and I punched him, seeming to have no effect. I hit him again and again until the cloth on my knuckles tore off, but even then it had no effect. Could it be...

I didn't have a second to process as I noticed the man and woman who were passed out stood, both of them growling at me like the elder man was. They hissed before leaping at me, which I managed to dodge and shoot a grappling hook at a ramp high up. I threw down a few smoke bombs as I was pulled up, but that didn't seem to make any difference as they leaped up after me. I landed beside a train track and jumped away as the three landed, pulling out to batarangs.

They ran at me again, but I could only hold them off for so long before they pinned me down to a track. I looked over to see a train coming, shooting a grapple at a passing train to pull myself out from under the pile. I pulled myself up just in time, jumping to the other train as it started to come to a stop. I looked over at the front to see the three people were gone, my eyes narrowing. They weren't hit by the train, they had fled.

I made it home a little past sunrise, changing and heading upstairs to find Ella and Alfred getting everything set up for the Energy Expo tonight. I told them about the fanged people... vampires.

"Vampires, Master Bruce?" Alfred questioned. "Are you certain you're not suffering from sleep deprivation?"

"I don't wanna believe it either Alfred," I stated. "But I know what I saw. Fangs."

"Poppycock. Easily purchased at any Halloween super-store."

"I think there would be a clear difference between real and fake fangs, Alfred," Ella pointed out.

"It wasn't just that," I said. "The way they moved, their eyes... They weren't human."

"Yes, well, might I remind you before one urban legend becomes too obsessed with another, you are holding the Wayne Industries Energy Expo here. Tonight," Alfred stated. "With your ravishing wife on your arm."

Ella and I looked at each other and smiled, a faint blush coming over her cheeks.

"Don't worry Alfred, tonight we can forget about vampires for a few hours."

That Night... Ella's P.O.V.

Bruce had been right, the expo took all thoughts of vampires far from my mind for most of the night. Bruce and I were grabbing a drink when I felt a presence behind me.

"Truly magnificent," I turned to see a tall, pale man looking down at my neck.

"Oh, my necklace?" I asked, turning to face him. "It's a family heirloom."

"And you are?" Bruce asked as he turned, handing me my drink.

"Alucard, Dr. Alucard," The man introduced himself.

"Bruce and Eleanor Wayne. I don't believe we've met."

"I am new to Gotham, a recent transport from eastern Europe."

"Really? What line of work are you in?"

"Cultural anthropology, I am here to study your city's Batman."

"Huh, our cities?" I questioned. "You mean to tell me Budapest has a Dark Knight too?"

"Rare instances have been documented of a man who assumes the likeness of a bat in societies of ancient as well as modern," Dr. Alucard explained. "And I believe that while instilling fear by night, these beings cloak themselves as normal members of society."

"Fascinating theory," Bruce said.

"Bats are fascinating creatures."

"As are you, Doctor. If you'll excuse us, we've got to circulate."

I took Bruce's arm and we walked away.

"Hmm, seems you picked up he's my type, huh?" I teased with a grin, Bruce rolling his eyes.

"Tall, dark, and weird?" He asked, but we stopped as Dr. Alucard suddenly appeared in front of us again.

"We spoke of my work. What of yours?" He asked.

"Research and development," I stated.

"For example, the Wayne Industries SL-5," Bruce explained. "It's the most efficient technology to date for collecting solar energy and storing it as true sunlight."

"It's about time science did something positive with the sun," Dr. Alucard said, and I got the feeling he didn't like the sun all too much.

"Horderves?" A waiter offered, Dr. Alucard's interest peeking.

"Beefsteak tartare," he mused weirdly. "Exquisite."

He slurped down the meat and I lost a bit of my appetite.

"I prefer my meat cooked," I declined, the server walking away. Another one came up to us, a woman.

"Some garlic shrimp?" She offered and I noticed Dr. Alucard visibly flinch.

Bruce seemed to notice it as well, a small grin coming to his lips.

"Oh but you must," Bruce insisted, holding the tray towards Dr. Alucard. "It really packs a punch."

The server walked away and there was a moment of awkward silence.

"Please excuse me, I must find something with which to wash this down," Dr. Alucard excused himself, which I found a bit odd, but I was glad he was gone.

I looked up at Bruce to find him staring off into nothing, seeming unfocused.

"Bruce?" I asked. "Are you okay?"

"I'll be right back, there's something I need to attend to," Bruce said, his voice seeming a bit off as he pulled away from me and walked off.

I frowned, rushing to find Alfred. I finally found him bossing around some of the serving staff.

"Alfred, something's wrong with Bruce," I said, his eyes widening before he nodded and we both went off to find him. We finally found him on a balcony outside, staring at the trees.

"Master Bruce," Alfred approached him. "I know the night is terribly alluring to you, but your guests are waiting for you." Bruce suddenly slumped over and groaned, and I rushed up to him.

"Bruce, what's wrong?" I quickly asked.

"Ella?" He asked, seeming confused. "I don't remember how I got out here." He frowned and looked up. "Alucard," he growled.

He ran back inside and I rushed after him, but stopped when a guest stepped in front of me to talk. I managed to get out of the conversation for a moment, walking over to the bar to refill my drink. I glanced over to see Dr. Alucard walking away.

"Aww, leaving before dessert?" I questioned, hoping Bruce would see him near me.

"I have had my fill, though not of you." Dr. Alucard said. "When might I see you again?"

"Tomorrow morning on Gotham T.V. news," I said, Dr. Alucard bowing a bit before walking off.

I let out a breath of relief. Glad I dodged that bullet. I wasn't lying though, technically Bruce and I were to be mentioned in the news.

"I'll be right back," I glanced up as Bruce gently pushed past me, making his way to the door where Dr. Alucard was leaving. I rushed after him, getting to the door just as Bruce was coming back in.

"He disappeared," Bruce said with a sigh.

"Master Bruce!" Alfred cried as he came towards us, his eyes wide in horror. "The mirror. He had no reflection!" Bruce turned to me.

"Lipstick?" I nodded, pulling out lipstick from my pocket and handing it to him. "Thanks." He rushed off.

"Master Bruce? Did you hear me?" Bruce grabbed a serving tray, dumping off its contents, and walked over to a mirror. "What on Earth are you doing?"

"His name. Alucard."

Bruce wrote the name backward with my lipstick before holding it up to the mirror, my eyes widening in horror. It spelled 'Dracula'. I didn't leave Bruce's side the rest of the night, I shuddered at the thought of Dracula coming back. I think Bruce sensed my fear, cause he always had an arm wrapped around me or his hand was in my own. Once all of the guests eventually left we three rushed down to the cave.

"So it would seem that Gotham is not merely being visited by vampires-" Alfred said.

"But the king of all vampires," Bruce finished for him as he pulled up an article on Dracula. "Count Dracula. On the bright side, no corpses drained of blood have turned up, which means Dracula hasn't slain anyone. Yet." I shuddered.

"And the dark side?" I asked.

"If each of the Lost Ones, in turn, feeds on others-"

"Their numbers will grow exponentially," Alfred stated.

"Into an army of vampires." Bruce stood. "Stopping Dracula won't be enough, I need to rescue his victims. All of them. Before Gotham has a plague on its hands."

"Rescue vampires sir?" Alfred questioned.

"Vampirism may be rooted in the supernatural, but it infects the blood," I explained. "And if it's transmitted like a disease, there's a chance it could be treated." Bruce nodded and lead us to the elevator.

"We have the advantage of the largest old-school medical library in Gotham," Bruce said as we walked into the library. "Right here under our roof."

"Yes, and it's always an honor to hunt for knowledge," Alfred said. "Especially when it is courtesy of Dr. Thomas Wayne."

We stopped to look up at the portrait of Bruce's father for a moment before making our way to the books. Luckily I knew my way around this library very well, and a lot of these books I had read in my spare time.

We were up all night reading, which was only a couple of hours since we had been up late with the energy expo anyways. Either way, I was very grateful when Alfred brewed some tea as the sun started to rise. We also had the news on, just in case something new turned up.

"We just received exclusive breaking news on the 'Lost Ones'," A reporter said. "Vicki Vale is on the scene in downtown Gotham, here's her report."

"Fancy that, three night owls on the same case," Alfred quipped and I chuckled.

I know Viki, she and I were friends when I was working for the news.

"It seems Gotham P.D. may have new information regarding the mysterious disappearances, thanks to an eye witness that has this to say," Viki said as she turned to a man.

"I saw what got the guy," the man said. "Saw it with my own two eyes. It was a bat. I saw a huge shadow of a bat." Viki turned back to the camera.

"As such Gotham P.D. has concluded that the perpetrator behind these bizarre kidnappings is none other than... The Batman." Alfred spat out his tea and my eyes widened.

"W-What?" I exclaimed. "That's not proof!"

"People are scared, Ella, and because of that they don't need a lot of proof as long as they have something to blame it on," Bruce explained and I frowned heavily.

I knew he was right, but I didn't like it. He pulled me close to him and leaned forward to place a kiss on my head. I sighed, relaxing a bit.

"We need a test subject to figure this out," I mumbled, Bruce humming in agreement.

"I'll keep an eye open while I'm out tonight." I nodded.

My phone started ringing and I looked over to see it was Barry. I raised a brow. It had been a while since he had called. I reached forward and grabbed the phone, answering.

"Barry?" I asked. "What's up?"

Bruce raised a brow, and I moved a bit closer so he could hear.

"I heard about these 'Lost Ones' that are going missing over in Gotham, and I wanted to make sure you were okay," Barry explained and I smiled.

"Yes, I'm okay. Bruce and I have been mostly at home, especially at night. No one goes out now, everyone's terrified."

"Yeah, I thought as much. Listen, I was thinking, if you need to get away for a bit, for your safety, you can come stay with Iris and me for a few weeks. It won't be any trouble."

I glanced at Bruce, who was frowning.

"I'm doing fine here, thank you. We're staying out of it, I promise."

"Really? Your husband is the Bat, which the news says is behind all of this."

"Barry, he's keeping me safe. He has nothing to do with it, I promise."

"I know, I'm sure... Just think about it, okay? I worry about you, sis." I smiled.

"Thank you, Barry. I'll remember it. Look, I have to go, but I'll be sure to check in, okay?"

"Yeah, sounds fair. Talk to you later."

"Bye, Barry, love you."

I hung up, looking to Bruce who was still frowning, but was looking at the ground in thought.

"Stop thinking," I said, Bruce snapping out of it and looking up at me.

"What?" He questioned.

"I know what you're thinking, so stop it. I'm not going to Central City, you need me here. You need my science and medical expertise."

Bruce sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, that's all. If I'm not able to cure them... I don't even want to think of them getting to you."

I reached over and took his hands in my own.

"Well then let's work together. Together we can do it, I know it." Bruce smiled as I leaned forward for a kiss. "Besides, what would you do without me?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"I don't know."

Later that Night... In the Cave...

"One of the first to vanish was a night watchman at Gotham Cemetery," Bruce said and I looked up at the computer to see the man's profile.

"Seems as good of a place as any to catch a vampire," I said, Bruce standing and slipping on his cowl.

"And do know sir that the windows and doors of Wayne mansion aren't the only objects I enhanced with garlic," Alfred said, turning to hand Bruce his new garlic gear.

"Try to be safe," I said as Bruce took the equipment.

"I will," he said before heading to the batmobile.

Bruce's P.O.V.

I made my way into Gotham Cemetery, looking around for any secret entrances or big tombs that Dracula might be able to hide in. All of the crosses would make one guess he wasn't here though.

"Graveyards may not wash, not if vampires have an aversion to crosses," I mumbled.

I glanced down to find a red laser dot on my glove, a dozen more appearing all over me. Oh no. I quickly jumped and all of the men fired, using the tombs to maneuver my way through to avoid being shot. I shot up a grappling hook and swung up onto a building roof, running from the sirens until I crashed through a window.

I knew they would be here in only seconds, so I hid the best I could. Thankfully the lights were out. They started flooding in, so I one by one silently knocked them out as I made my way to the roof. I walked right into one of their flashlights, and I ran right as they started shooting. I ran up the stairs to the door that lead outside, waiting for the men from outside, but the shots suddenly came to a stop and one of their guns was thrown out. I frowned, glancing back into the stairwell to find no one there. I turned back to the gun, only to see a shadow looming over me. I turned to see Dracula standing on a part of the roof above me.

"So the folk tales are true," he said. "There is another bat in Gotham."

"Count Dracula I presume," I said as I stepped out of his shadow.

"A legend you are apparently intimate with."

"Don't flatter yourself."

"We cast kindred shadows. Have you not seen the news?"

"I don't harm people."

"You have no concept of the harm of which I am capable. If only because I really hate to waste a life when it can be spent in servitude to me."

"Life? Or living death."

"To become vampire is to heighten all of one's senses. To attain speed, strength, and immortality."

I pulled out two batarangs and got into a fighting stance. I lunged at Dracula, trying to hit him, but I soon learned that he did in fact have superhuman speed.

"Dripping with garlic," Dracula hummed before hitting my chest, which slammed me into a wall. "I shall most certainly steer clear of those."

I tried throwing my batarangs at, him, but he dodged those with ease as well.

He jumped away and I ran after him, chasing him from rooftop to rooftop. He finally came to a stop and I tried attacking, but he dodged my every move. It was like a game to him. He suddenly grabbed my head and slammed me down onto the ground, which broke from the force. My nose was definitely broken.

"Try as you may, you cannot out bat me," Dracula stated.

I threw several garlic smoke bombs to get him to back off. He flew to another roof and I shot my grappling line over to it. As I was swinging over Dracula flew over and cut the line, so I shot my spare at a gargoyle, but that line was cut as well and I slammed into a shop sign, and scrapped a dumpster before landing against a wall. I groaned, my whole body ached and my suit was torn in several places. I looked up to see Dracula walking down a wall towards me.

"Join me, Batman," he said as he landed in front of me. "Join my legion of the undead."

"Not interested," I stated.

He grabbed me by my cape and threw me out of the alleyway. I crashed onto a car windshield and in an instant he was on top of me, grabbing my throat.

"Then I thank you for keeping my legacy alive in my absence. But now there is only room for one Batman in Gotham."

I tried struggling, but his grip was too tight. His face changed and he went to bite me, but he suddenly stopped. The sun was finally starting to rise over the tall buildings. For once I was thankful for the night going by so quickly. Dracula hissed and quickly pulled away, rushing for the shadows of the alleys.

"You deny my offer of eternal life. The next time, we do not part till maggots feed upon your flesh," Dracula warned before vanishing.

I rolled off of the car and hit the ground harshly. My body was protesting all movement, but if I didn't get out of the street soon people would see me. But the batmobile was across the city. I could call it to me, but could I get in? I had to. I had to get home.

In the Batcave... Ella's P.O.V.

Alfred and I were in the cave, mulling over some reports, when we heard Bruce enter.

"Al...fred," he groaned, and I quickly turned to find him bloody and bashed up all over.

"Oh dear," Alfred said, and we rushed to help as Bruce knelt to the ground.

I was in shock. These were some of the worst injuries Bruce had come home with in a while. I would compare it to when he fought Bane, but where Bane had broken his bones, Dracula had torn his skin. Alfred and I heaved him up and headed for the med bay.

"Ella," Bruce groaned, grasping my arm.

"I'm right here Bruce, I promise," I assured as we laid him down. "We'll get you patched up in a minute."

I moved his hand to grip mine and I pressed a kiss to his forehead. Alfred administered some painkillers before we attempted to bandage Bruce. Bruce tried to recount what happened, but his tiredness and added haze of the painkillers he couldn't speak clearly. I could still understand what he was trying to say, that Dracula was powerful. And I could see it clearly. After bringing Bruce up to our room I headed back down to the cave and decided to pull up footage from the cameras in Bruce's cowl.

Dracula had been creepy at the galla, but like this, he was straight up terrifying. The way Bruce was able to keep a level head made my admiration for him grow even more. Watching the footage was painful, but I felt it was important to look for anything that could help for a fight in the future. Dracula's movements were difficult to analyze since he wasn't really trying, but he seemed to prefer to dodge and mess with his prey before landing heavy and precise blows.

"I hope you're not becoming like master Bruce as well." I jumped at the sound of Alfreds voice, turning to him to find he was offering me a cup of tea.

"Thank you," I said as I accepted the cup. "I might be. I was just trying to see if I could spot any weaknesses or openings in Dracula's fighting style. I haven't found a lot so far. Dracula wasn't using his full power on Bruce."

"And a good thing too, he's battered enough as it is."

"How is he?"

"Resting, and he will be for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if he slept all today and tonight."

"He needs the rest. He mentioned something about learning a new technique that'll allow him to get a full night's rest with only three hours of sleep. I could never discourage him from being Batman, but what worries me is how far he'll go with it. It's part of the reason I'm considering asking him to train me... Whether it be for emergencies or to potentially be his partner in the night."

"Miss Eleanor, I know you worry for Bruce just as much as I do, but do you really think you can do what he does every night?"

"With his help I could. I'm already physically fit, and when it comes to detective work I've already been studying him these past few years. Besides, I'm arguably better than him at things with bio-chem work. I just want to help more, Alfred. I feel like I could be helping more than just being moral support."

"You're more than that already. You've helped him numerous times with his lab work, building his crazy machines, and even helping him solve his cases. I know how often you stay up late, sitting here and waiting for him to come home. Just you being here gives him drive and incentive to come back home every night. Not to mention you help co-run Wayne Industries. I can understand your wish to learn self-defense, but remember that you are more than enough for Bruce. He loves you, Eleanor. There is a reason he pursued you after your first date. There is a reason he married you."

A smile came to my lips and I nodded.

"Thank you, Alfred. I don't know how you deal with Bruce and me sometimes, but thank you."

"It's I who should be thanking you, for giving Bruce a second chance two years ago."

That Night...

After a long morning of analyzing footage, heading to Wayne Industries during the day, and finding time to tend to the garden in the evening, I finally climbed up the stairs to Bruce and I's room. I was in the middle of changing when I heard shifting from the bed. I assumed it was just Bruce trying to get comfortable.

"Where've you been?" I turned to Bruce to see him trying to sit up, his eyes fluttering between being open and close.

"Have you been awake for long?" I asked, walking over and climbing into bed. Bruce shook his head.

"I've been in and out of it all day," he mumbled. "How long have I been out?"

"Don't worry about that, you still need to rest for a while. I took care of things at work, so just lay down and relax."

He nodded and laid back down, his arm draping lazily around my waist. He mumbled something incoherent and I asked him to repeat it.

"I missed you," he whispered and I smiled softly, shifting to carefully wrap my arms around his and press a gentle kiss to his lips.

"I missed you too."

Almost instantly we both passed out. Next thing I knew I was woken by the feeling of Bruce tossing and turning in his sleep. I frowned and propped myself up on my arm, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Bruce?" I asked, and suddenly he sat up with wide eyes and jagged breaths.

I sat up and we looked at each other. He put his head in his hand and I cupped his cheek with my hand.

"It's okay, it was just a dream," I assured, his arms wrapping around me and pulling me close. I pressed a kiss to his forehead and took a moment to let him calm down. Suddenly, light shone into the room and I looked over to find Alfred pulling open the drapes.

"Wish I could say the same thing about last night," Bruce muttered. "Dracula is stronger than the Batman in every way. Physically, mentally. I'm even being swallowed up by his legend."

"Sir?" Alfred asked, setting down a tray with orange juice and today's newspaper. Bruce grabbed the paper.

"The more the Batman tries to protect Gotham, the more Gotham fears him. As if he were the son of Dracula."

I looked to the paper to find the headline was "Vigilante or Villain" and a dark image of the Batman was the cover. I frowned.

"One day things will change," I stated, taking one of the glasses of orange juice. "I'm sure of it."

Bruce's P.O.V.

I wanted to believe Ella, but I didn't let my hopes get up.

"Oh, by the way, yesterday I worked on analyzing some of Dracula's fight patterns," Ella stated, my eyes widening. "There wasn't a ton to work with since he clearly wasn't taking the fight seriously, but I worked with what I had. He likes to hit heavy but he's smart enough to know where to hit too. I think there's a way we can upgrade the mechanism on your grappling hooks so they can real you in faster. I also have a few theories about how to heal vampirism, but I'd need some blood samples to test them out."

I just sat there for a moment, staring at Ella in awe. She looked over to me and flushed, glancing down. I snapped out of my trance and reached over to take her hands in my own.

"I'm interested in hearing about your idea for the grappling hook mechanism," I stated, Ella's eyes widening as she looked into mine and smiled softly.

"I already drew up a design. It's down in the cave."

I smiled and leaned forward for a kiss.

"I really got lucky," I said as we pulled away, her smile growing.

"I like to think it was me who got lucky," she stated.

Later That Night...

Ella, Alfred, and I were in the batcave looking over some vampire lore when the batwave went off.

"A break in at the bank," I stated.

"As you have more apocalyptic matters to attend to, might you be leaving this one to the police?" Alfred asked.

"It's a blood bank."

"I'm surprised this is the first one that's popped up," Ella mused. "Either this vampire is smart, or he's on a mission for Dracula."

I pondered her words as I rushed to the blood bank, finding the reception area was completely empty. I crept into the back room, where all the donated blood was being stored. I looked around to see nothing out of order, but I still walked in to make sure. As I walked down the isles I felt like I was being watched, but when I looked no one was there. I suddenly turned and to my horror saw Joker, who climbed up one of the large cases holding blood and up to the ceiling, laughing.

"Joker?" I questioned. He suddenly slammed into me from behind and sent me flying.

"I'm dead and kicking," Joker stated. "Funny, you're my second Batman tonight. And you're both pains in the neck."

I noted the puncture wounds in his neck and my eyes widened in horror. Great. Joker was a vampire now. He laughed and reached down, grabbed me by my cape, and threw me into one of the shelves. He looked down at his hands, as if he was just realizing his superhuman strength.

"Batman, you're one dead duck," Joker stated before running at me. I threw down a garlic bomb and he jumped away. "Garlic? Ew."

I threw two batarangs and ran through the smoke before throwing three more gas bombs. But he easily avoided them and lunged at me. I leaned back and he went sailing over me, grabbing two containers of blood before disappearing. I followed the blood trail he left and he suddenly crashed through some cases and tried to grab me, but I jumped up and kicked back the shelf. Blood fell from the case and glass shattered on the ground. Joker looked overjoyed, and he began lapping up blood from the floor like a dog. I slipped on my brass knuckles, which had been set with garlic, and carefully approached. All it took was one solid hit and Joker was out like a light.

"Sir?" Alfred asked through the coms.

"Your garlic bombs did the trick," I stated. "We have our test subject."

I successfully got Joker back to the cave before he woke up, keeping him in a solid steel cage in a far corner of the cave. When he did finally wake he was hissing and snarling, trying to break free, but it was no use. Still, it was annoying to constantly hear his cries. I tried to question him, but nothing worked.

"Anything, sir?" Alfred asked.

"Joker's not talking," I stated. "He won't reveal Dracula's resting place. Not so long as he has vampire blood in his veins."

"Batsy!" Joker screamed.

"Joker has suffered a fate crueler than death," Alfred said.

"I intend to bring him back to the land of the living," I stated. "With a little bit of blood work."

"Perfect, now I can test my theories," Ella stated and I handed her the blood sample. "Let's get to work, we have a long night ahead of us."

I nodded and we got started, sectioning off the blood and putting it in an analyzing tube. We looked to the screen to find his blood cells looked to be completely dead, something growing on them. Ella made a few notes and we kept working in silence. Alfred set up the solar generator for us to test the blood, allowing us to put our theories to the test. Unfortunately, for almost two days none of them worked. Ella and I refused to sleep, Alfred bringing us tea and coffee every so often so we'd stay awake.

"I know you're near Batsy, I can smell the precious nectar pumping through your veins!" Joker cried, but we did our best to ignore him as yet another test failed.

"Find anything of value?" I asked Alfred, who had been researching vampires all day.

"To be quite honest, so much vampire lore exists that it is difficult to separate fact from fiction," Alfred stated. I looked at the article he was reading now. "Carmilla Karnstein. The bride of count Dracula. According to legend, her blood lust rivaled even his own. It seems they were-"

"Meant for each other?" Ella asked, shaking her head tiredly. "Odd, but I guess cupid can find love for anyone."

I hummed, but didn't agree or disagree.

"I almost forgot!" Alfred suddenly exclaimed. "You two haven't eaten in days. I'm off to prepare dinner."

"Alright, take your time," Ella said as she turned back to the blood work.

Joker's scream suddenly filled the whole cave.

"The horror!" he screamed. "The horror!"

"I'm going down to check on him," I stated as I slipped on my cowl, Ella nodding.

"Why do you torment me Batsy?" Joker asked as I approached his cage. "I thought you cared."

"Trust me, Joker, I'm trying to help you," I stated.

"Then feed me!" He snatched a roach from the floor and ate it without hesitation. "Got ketchup?"

I didn't respond and made my way back to Ella.

"If you need blood he can have some of mine," she stated, not looking up from her work.

"It's okay, I'll do it," I stated. "By the way, there's something I want to talk to you about." Ella paused her work and looked over at me. "I want you to leave Gotham for a few days."

"No," she instantly stated with a frown. "I'm not running from Dracula. Besides, I have to help you with this serum."

"I mean once the serum is done. I don't know what's going to happen when I fight Dracula, and I can't risk you being here where you could end up being infected or worse."

"Bruce, my place is with you. If you're so worried I'll stay in the cave."

I sighed in frustration, walking forward and grasping her shoulders.

"Ella, please," I pleaded. "I can't let anything happen to you. It's just for a few days, go stay with Barry and Iris. That's all I'm asking."

"But what if something happens to you? Gotham will have a plague, and it won't stay here for long."

"Which is why I'm only asking you to leave after the serum is developed. If you have the knowledge to cure the vampires then you'll have to be the one to save the city." I felt her shoulders stiffen. "I'm not saying it'll actually happen, and you'll always have Barry to help. I know you could do it."

"Do you really think so?"

"I know so. I wish I could've prepared you more for something like this to happen, but I've never really believed in the supernatural."

"Yeah..." she sighed. "Alright, I'll go stay with Barry. But only after we develop a cure."

I nodded and leaned down to press a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you. I love you, Ella. I promise I'll do everything in my power to return home to you."

"I love you too, Bruce. Now, Joker should be fed. I can't stand his screaming."

I nodded and left her to continue working, while I drew some blood from myself and gave it to Joker. I didn't like the idea, since I didn't know if Joker would be able to trace the blood back to Bruce Wayne, but I didn't have much of a choice. I'd rather he remember me and not Alfred or Ella. I tried asking once again for Dracula's resting place, but it seemed that Dracula's hold was preventing him from saying anything. When I walked up to the main lab I found Ella working on a new serum.

"How's-" I went to ask.

"Shh, wait a second!" Ella interrupted, taking the light blue serum and adding it to Joker's blood. "I think I might've got it!"

She fired up the solar machine and then waited a moment, observing the blood. It twisted and turned for a moment, it calmed. It didn't disintegrate in the sunlight. It had actually worked.

"We did it!" Ella cheered, a large smile on her lips. "The blood's stable! It looks like it's actually cured!"

I chuckled and smiled, happy to see she was so enthusiastic.

"Now we can test it on Joker," I said, pressing a kiss to her head. "Good work. Now go. You should be able to reach the last train out of Gotham in time."

"Shouldn't I wait for morning?"

"No, that's when I attack Dracula. If he finds out who I am you might not be out of here in time."

She nodded and leaned up to give me a kiss.

"Alright, I'll text you when I make it there. I love you, please try to stay safe."

"I love you too. I'll try."

Ella's P.O.V.

I didn't even pack, I just grabbed my purse and ran. If I was going to make it in time I couldn't afford to risk being late by packing. I ran across town as fast as I could, but when I reached the station the train was pulling out.

"Wait!" I called, but I was too late.

I panted, leaning over and resting my hands on my knees. Great. I looked around the station to find it empty, and looked up at the sky to see the sun setting. My body stiffened. If I waited around any longer a vampire might find me, but could I run across town in time to reach home? I was winded already, I wasn't sure I could run again.

"Miss Wayne." I gasped, jumped, and turned to find Dracula standing behind me. I felt the blood run from my face, but I remembered to keep it together.

"Dr. Alucard," I greeted, remembering his fake name.

"Now you of all people should know better, Miss Wayne. Alone at night?"

"Yeah, I know, the Lost Ones. I wasn't planning on missing my train."

"It may be some time before the next one arrives. Would you like to join me for a drink?"

"Thank you, but I'm running late. So, I'll catch a cab. Have a good night Doctor."

I turned and walked down the stairs as casually as I could, pulling out my phone to call Bruce. I was aware that Dracula could probably still hear me, so when Bruce didn't answer I left a somewhat coded message.

"Hey Bruce, guess who I just ran into?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from shaking. "Tall, dark, and weird. Anyway, I was hoping you might be around to rescue me. Please call me back soon. I love you."

I hung up and turned to find Dracula standing behind me.

"Your heart is racing, Miss Wayne," he observed in a low, menacing tone. "Could you by chance know who I am?"

I backed away from him, gripping my keys despite knowing they wouldn't do anything against him.

"Let's just say I'm a sucker for lore and mythology," I stated. "Now what? Are you going to kill me?"

"Oh no, of course not Miss Wayne. I have other plans for you."

He reached for me and I turned, trying to run, but before I could even take a step I was knocked in the head and collapsed into the arms of Dracula.

Bruce's P.O.V.

I worked on filling bullet tubes with the cure, working to fit every belt I could find with it. The cure had successfully worked on Joker, but when the vampirism left so did his memory of it. Maybe it was for the better. I don't think Gotham could handle the idea of vampires being real.

"Master Bruce I know you are eager to put an end to this reign of terror, but would it not be more prudent to wait until sunrise?" Alfred asked. "If you cannot guarantee your victory sir..." I sighed.

"Gotham loses," I finished for him. "I'll need every advantage."

"Then for once it is a big morning for the Batman has ahead of him. Do get some rest. After returning Eleanor's call."

She had called not long ago, I assume to confirm she had made it out of the city. I pulled out my phone to call her, but frowned when I only got her voicemail.

"She's not picking up," I stated.

"Sir?" Alfred asked, my eyes widening as I thought back to the night of the galla. Dracula had been practically drooling over her neck.

"Ella," I gasped, rushing to play her voicemail.

"Hey Bruce, guess who I just ran into?" Ella asked, her voice almost shaking. "Tall, dark, and weird. Anyway, I was hoping you might be around to rescue me. Please call me back soon. I love you."

I ran to grab the belts of serum.

"Sir, it is many hours before daybreak," Alfred stated.

"I'm not going to wait around until then to rescue Ella," I stated, strapping on my gear. "Keep your coms open, let me know if she calls or presses her distress beacon."

"Right then."

I jumped into the Batmobile and sped off to Gotham cemetery, the last place Joker remembered before becoming a vampire. I sent the Batmobile back home so the police wouldn't spot it and come after me. I ran into the cemetery and found Joker's footprints leading to some stairs that went underground. I walked down them and looked around the tomb to find a wall broken that led into catacombs.

"So this is how Dracula bypassed the crosses," I mused. "I once tapped into these long forgotten catacombs. Apparently so did he."

I ran into the caves, not having to wait long before I started to spot the shadows of vampires running around me. My eyes narrowed and a woman ran at me from behind, but I rolled back and knocked her away. She tried attacking again, but I stabbed her with the serum and she collapsed. She cried out before her complexion turned back to normal, her fangs gone. Over a dozen more vampires stepped out from the shadows, and I guessed that these were all of the Lost Ones. I had my work cut out for me. They rushed towards me and I did my best to evade attacks and stab them with the serum needles, one by one they collapsed to the ground and started to become normal. I had to throw down a few garlic bombs, but they gave me the advantage. After a tiring ten minutes, they were all taken care of. And good thing too, I was down to only one bottle left of serum. I had made just enough to take down Dracula and his army.

I pocketed the last bottle and ran deeper into the catacombs. I ran into a cavern to find some blue smoke coming out of Ella's body and up onto a stone slab, where another human looked to be forming from dust. I rushed forward and wrapped my grappling hook around Penguin, restraining him. He didn't look to be vampiric, so I saved the serum.

"You dare interrupt the ceremony!" Dracula growled.

I took the serum out and went to aim it at Dracula, but his eyes suddenly turned red and my focus started to shift. He was trying to hypnotize me. My arm shook as I tried to fight against him, but he was starting to overpower me.

"You cannot fight me," Dracula stated. "No human can resist my will." I collapsed and the bottle shot to the floor, most of the serum leaking onto the ground. "Good boy. Once my bride has had her fill, I shall offer up your corpse as a wedding gift."

Dracula started laughing, and I forced myself to think back to all of my mental training techniques. I had to fight his will. I thought back to my first time finding the cave as a kid, how grieved I was. But then I saw a bat. I felt my mind break free from Dracula and I stood, throwing several garlic bombs at the form of Dracula's bride, Carmilla.

"My bride!" he cried, and the blue smoke went back into Ella's body. I rushed up to the altar and brushed past the smoke. When I stepped through Ella was sitting up and looking around with wide eyes.

"Batman?" She asked when she saw me, letting out a breath of relief.

I did my best to contain my relief and helped her out of the stone coffin she had been lying in. Dracula turned and hissed, his true form showing clearly. He was angry.

"If my bride cannot have your soul, Eleanor Wayne, I shall have your blood!" Dracula threatened.

"Run!" I said to Ella, pushing her behind me and she was quick to obey.

Dracula hissed and lunged at me, but I jumped down the stairs to avoid his powerful fist. I tried hitting him but he ran behind me. I turned and he grabbed me by my suit and lifted me. I looked over to see Ella watching in horror.

"Go!" I cried.

To my relief she didn't decide to be stubborn and ran. I noted Penguin running after her, but considering he wasn't a vampire and there were other people in the caves I had to assume she'd be alright. Dracula threw me and I slid back on my feet, backing against a wall.

"It's scarcely midnight Batman," Dracula stated. "The sunrise will not help you this time."

I reached for serum, but when it wasn't there I remembered it was stuck in the ground a few feet away. Dracula tried to hit me but I dodged and he collapsed a pillar of rock instead. He kept trying to attack, but he only managed to slice across my chest at one point. My decision to avoid most contact was working, but he was still fast, so I threw down more garlic bombs and hid behind some rock.

"No need to see you Batman, I can smell your blood," Dracula stated.

I took out my pad on my belt and triangulated my coordinates in the caves, allowing me to see the path back to home. I had a plan to lure Dracula there. I looked up at the opening I needed to go, just as the pillar behind me sliced. I ran into the other cave and Dracula followed, still trying to attack me. He managed to slice at my back at one point, but I kept running.

Ella's P.O.V.

I had run out of the catacombs as fast I could, noting that Penguin was hot on my trail. I ran out of the tomb and towards the gate, but Penguin was suddenly in front of me and grabbed me by the shoulders.

"Come here," he growled.

I kicked him between the legs and shoved him away before turning and running between the graves. I couldn't run back into the tomb because then I'd be trapped between Penguin and Dracula. Instead, I ran for the fence, jumping on top of some of the grave stones before making it to one high enough that I could jump over the fence.

"What?!" Penguin screamed. "Get back here!"

I pulled out my pepper spray and sprayed him in the eyes for good measure so he didn't follow before running down the street. I only stopped when I knew for a fact I had put a few blocks between me and the cemetery. I quickly pulled out my phone and checked on Batwave to find Bruce was running through the catacombs.

"Where is he going?" I asked myself before finally realizing the direction he was headed. He was going home. I had to get there before he did.

Bruce's P.O.V.

Dracula was flying in the air in front of me, but I knew where I was now. I threw a batarang at the wall and in a few seconds it exploded, burying Dracula in rubble. I ran through the hole and kept going till I was at a dead end, preparing to throw another batarang when Dracula came behind me and struck me. He sent me flying and I dropped the batarang, but was quick to recover. He lunged at me and slashed my chest again. It took a few moments of fighting, but I finally managed to retrieve my batarang and throw it at the right wall, blowing a hole open that lead to the batcave.

Dracula threw me against some equipment and I groaned, my eyesight starting to become fuzzy.

"Impressive dwelling," Dracula complimented. "It shall be your tomb."

"Bite this," Alfred stated as he approached and shot Dracula with a dose of the serum.

Dracula roared and looked to be pained as the serum was injected into him, but he suddenly started laughing and pulled it out. He rushed at Alfred and struck him, knocking him out.

"You may have cured my human victims of their disease, but no earthly medicine can cure a supernatural affliction," Dracula stated. I looked to the self-moving pole and crawled my way to it, grasping it and going up to the next floor. "Go on, run. I am beyond human Batman. I am evil incarnate. I am the prince of-!" He paused when he saw me with the solar machine. "Darkness?"

"Rise and shine," I muttered, starting up the machine.

Sunlight poured into the room and Dracula flew back against a wall, crying out in pain. He sat in my shadow, trying to avoid the light. He looked into my eyes and they suddenly widened.

"You are, Bruce Wayne," he rasped. I lifted my arms.

"I'm the Batman," I stated. "And you are dust."

I grappled away and Dracula was hit by the sun, screaming as he lit aflame. I jumped down from above and landed the final blow, his body and bones crumbling into dirt, all for his skull that rolled away. I let out a breath of relief. It was over. I turned to see Alfred gripping his shoulder.

"I shall sweep that into the dustbin straight away," he stated.

"Bruce!" I looked up to find Ella rushing down the stairs, running up to me and throwing her arms around me. I was quick to wrap mine around her, holding her tightly as we both sunk to our knees. "Are you hurt?"

"A little, but I'm fine," I insisted, pulling back my cowl and leaning forward for a kiss. "I'm just happy it's finally over."

"Me too. Finally, we can rest for a full night."

A Few Days Later... Ella's P.O.V.

The Lost Ones were all found and returned to their homes, and the news claimed it wall all Penguin trying to use them to find some treasure in the cemetery. Everything fell into place perfectly, all charges of Batman being the one kidnapping people were dropped. Of course, the police still hated him, but at least they didn't think he was abducting people anymore.

I walked down to the batcave to find Bruce sparring with a training robot. I watched for a minute, waiting for Bruce to finish. I knew he knew I was there, he always did. His senses were so in tune I could only hope to be like that one day. He finally took down the robot and turned to me, panting and smiling.

"What's up?" He asked as he reached for his water bottle.

"I have a question," I stated.

"Alright."

"Will you teach me how to fight like you?"

Bruce's eyes widened and he pondered for a moment.

"I don't see why not," he finally said. "But I hope you're not asking to go out with me at night next."

"We'll see when the time comes."

He grinned and shook his head.

"It won't happen, I promise that. But I will train you."

I smiled widely and rushed forward for a hug.

"Thank you! When do we start?"

"Well since you're so excited, now is as good of a time as any." 

Hope you all are having an amazing summer! 

Faith Starwalker

PO Box 271 Grandview, MO 64030

All of my socials ;)

https://www.faithstarwalker.com/

https://www.tiktok.com/@faith_starwalker?lang=en

https://www.twitch.tv/faith_starwalker

https://www.instagram.com/faithstarwalker/

https://twitter.com/FaithStarwalker

https://www.quotev.com/FaithStarwalker

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495K 13.8K 63
Barry meets (y/n) in the third grade. She has been with him through everything as well with Iris. After the particle accelerator explosion occurred...
38.2K 799 50
Cover made by: @breezzer_bree Mia Marie Allen Was a ordinary girl before the partical accelerator blew up. well if you think your father being frame...
5.5K 44 20
What if the batboys had sisters? What if it was the dynamic trio instead of duo? There is no such thing as normal when you are a member of the Batfa...
7.2K 161 59
Regarding Season 1 and Season 2 of The Flash 2 Speedsters...2 worlds...2 tragedies... Jamie West is from Earth 2. Her life changed when she was affe...