She's their life

By imaginerkives

We have seen over protective brothers, there are maybe 6 , 7 or 8 brothers but what if a girl has 18 brothers... More

Characters
Characters 2
☆Aesthetics☆
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Part 1
Photos
Woahh
Chapter 9: Part 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Incorrect quotes
Incorrect quotes pt 2
Incorrect quotes 3
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Facts about this book
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Bonus chapter 1: When she found them

Chapter 20

9.2K 232 20
By imaginerkives

A/N: This chapter partially talks about Mona's insecurities and it also reflect my thoughts.

I would also like to thank crazyyfictions  for such a wonderful cover, you're booked for all my books 😝😝.

Enjoy.

****

Mona's pov

Finally after a long stretchable meeting our parents held and I literally mean meeting, we're now allowed to have our own band.

I and Monday: Vocalists
Lin: The guitarist
Max: Drummer
Sam: Pianist

And that's how our band, The Amelios has now formed. But I don't understand why they chose Amelios as the name, I mean yes the name is very powerful to shake anyone's soul, but I feel like something is missing.

Anyways, we're now allowed that is the big thing for me.

You're gone, the music teacher. I'm coming for you.

I sigh, seeing my brother's talking in Italian with their friends, I mean come on, they only talk in English with me, afterall their mother tongue is Italian.

But this so confusing.

Maybe I should learn this language too.

Oh, I forgot I'm learning it only.

But all I learn is gibberish.

Like, sjebskbejs

As I was thinking all this, one of Monday's friends who is also known as Monica sit beside us with a very upset face. I mean, she looks very upset.

"Hey cosa è successo? Stai bene?" Monday asks.

(Hey, what happened? Are you alright?)

I again roll my eyes, the language barrier sucks. But again they'll never understand my American accent English.

I've a smug smile with my both eyebrows raised, just like Mr. Bean.

I miss Joey.

I broke up with Chris because he's kissing every girl in Thor, love nd thunder except for me.

He doesn't come in my dreams anymore. Stupid Chris, now I'll never give you Joey's sandwich.

"Il mio fratello maggiore si è trasferito ieri, i miei genitori non l'hanno nemmeno salutato."

(My big brother moved out yesterday, my parents didn't even said goodbye to him. )

She says almost crying.

"Va tutto bene, fa parte della vita." Lin says.

(It's okay, its part of life.)

I looks at him in a weird way.

He used a word like fart.

Is she farting right now?

That's why you should not have too many potatoes.

"No, non lo è, è obbligatorio lasciare una ragazza che conosce, quasi tutta sua per una ragazza che conosce solo da mesi?" She says pointing to herself.

(No, it's not, is it compulsory to leave a girl he has known, almost his entire for a girl he only know for months?)

Now I'm sure she's gonna fart, but having enought of their Italian I ask.

"Can anyone please translate, what she's saying?"

"She's said that her brother moved out yesterday for a girl he only knew for months" Sam translates in his thick Italian accent.

I frown, so it's common here too? I though Italy is different.

Then that means my brothers will also move out?

At tha thought my heart drops to my stomach, I don't how it did, maybe my heart is very bouncy.

I'll be alone again, they will leave me, just like Monica's brother.

"Monica, you can always go to him, he just moved out but he's still in your life" I say more like trying to convince myself.

This somehow convinces her, but my mind is still stuck at the same thought.

Will they all leave me?

Oliver's pov

Something is wrong with Mona she is lost somewhere and is looking very distant. I frown.

I nudge Sam, who is like looking at hamburger like he's gonna attack it anytime soon.

He gives me his famous irritated look.

I move my eyes toward Mona, directing him.

He frowns, he comes closer to me and then whispers.

"Hai quel periodo del mese?"

(Are you having that time of the month?)

I hit him with my foot.

How could he?

I mean yes, I once wore a pad because I thought boys too get periods but I will never repeat that mistake again.

"Se smetti di guardare il cibo, guarda quanto è sconvolta Mona." I say and he glances at Mona.

(If you stop eye-rapping the food, just see how upset Mona is looking.)

"Mona what happened?" He asks her, she glances at him, the spark in her eyes which was always there was missing today. It was replaced with...I don't know, what?

I'm not a eye reader people.

She shakes her head.

"Nothing just tired" she says quietly.

Who can say something quietly?

Something is definitely wrong with her, and also something is wrong with me too.

$$$$

We all reach home, Mona quickly gets out of the car and runs toward the house.

I frown, it pains me when she doesn't open to me or any of us, but this time it will not be the case, I'll talk to her this time, with a little help of Marco.

We enter the house and see Mom frowning.

"What happened to my baby?" She asks us.

I shrug.

"I don't know, one moment she was fine but now she's closing herself" I say in English.

She says nothing but shrugs.

"She's a pre-teen these things happen, but I'll talk to her." she says.

She better otherwise I'll have to take this matter in my own hands.

It's night already and Mona still hasn't talked to any of us, maybe Monday talked to her, as her twin he understands and feels what she's feeling.

I'm very jealous of their relationship, I mean I don't have a twin but seeing them makes me wonder what if Mona was my twin.

When she was taken from us, I was a baby, I don't remember anything but when my big bs talked about Mona, there was always this crave or feeling of having a sister or finding my sister. When she came back, I was the happiest I know we don't spend that much. She's spending time with everyone, I'm just waiting for my turn.

Marco came home early today. That's it Oliver just go and ask him.

"Com'è stata la tua giornata?" I ask.

(How was your day?)

"Faticoso, ma ricco di eventi" he pauses for a moment.

(Tiring, but eventful).

"Cos'è successo ora? Cosa vuoi?" He asks with his eyebrows raised.

(What happened now? What do you want?)

"Sono Mona, c'è qualcosa che non va in lei." I say and then explain everything.

(It's Mona, something is wrong with her. )

He frowns, but gets up from the couch sighing.

"Let's go" he says and we move towards her room.

I groan.

Not the stairs, I wish to have an elevator, I swear to god.

Mona's pov

I'm watching the view from our room's window, I see the leaves falling from the tree. Like this all my brothers will also leave me and I'll stand there, empty and dry. The leaves will vanish and they will never come back.

Why is life like this?

In US too I saw many people moving out from their parents house to 'their' house. I understand the matter of privacy but then again, I don't want to be a guest at my parents house where I grew up, it's like having an appointment.

The siblings they saw everyday, will be like guest in your heart, only seeing them on some special occasion, or maybe they will send a letter only doing it as their duty.

They all become 'busy' in their lives to even call someone.

I sigh, I don't want all this, if this will be the case, it would've been better for me to stay in US. As Marco is the eldest and the oldest, he'll get married and will move out.

Although he's very busy but I've grown attached to my big brother and all my brothers, thinking about them moving out, breaks my heart like anything.

Suddenly I hear a small knock.

I look up and see Marco and Oliver standing.

"Can we come in?" He asks.

I nod. They both come inside the room and sit on my bed.

"Peanut, what's the problem? Why are you so sad?" Marco asks, I look at Oliver, more like glare.

This bucket!

He shrugs.

I sigh.

"Will you all leave me?" I ask, I needed to take it out of my system anyway.

I think my question caught him off guard because his eyes widen a bit.

"Why are you asking this? You know I'll never leave you." He says.

Then I tell him everything what happened in school today.

"I know few parents don't care about their children and judge them, but not all the parents are like this they don't deserve to be treated like this way by their children, I mean if we see in a way we've known our parents like our whole life, but they've know us only half of their life." I finally let all my insecurities out.

Oliver face palms himself.

"Do you think we'll leave you or any of my brother or my parents for this?" He says, in voice laced with irritation.

"Shh" Marco says to Oliver.

"Mona, now listen to me carefully, you really think after marriage or like something like this I'll move out or any of us will move out? You've me, have I moved out from this house? No, right, our mother always believed in happy joint-family, they made us believe in that too, trust me if we would've been less in number our uncles and grandparents would've been living with us only. So for a fact it's sure that any of us will never leave you for any girl.

And talking about our parents, I've also seen many parents judging their children and all, but have you imagined why they do it, because the world will judge you more cruelly, the world is more cruel than any parents, they prepare you of what will come in your life. As a teenager they want to make you independent and strong.

Today's teenagers call themselves depressed or they're in depression, let me tell you depression is a very strong word to use, in depression people even eat their shit, but that's not the point, the point it kids should understand that being a parent is not easy and a working parent above that is very much difficult.

If you've any problem go talk it out with your parents trust me, they will take care of you. If your parents understand you then it's fine if not then they don't know what kind of precious person they just lost.

Parents too should also understand that being in teenage, the child is at his or her most vulnerable stage so at that point instead of judging, they should understand them, shape them in being good humans. Even if parents do wrong, children should always take care of them as a responsibility, if you will do the same like they did, what will be the difference between you and them, they raised a good person even if they weren't there in the process.

Let me tell you for a fact, we're very lucky to have parents like them, they never judged us and let us be whoever we want. Having so many kids, I remember I used to sleep in mom, dad's room because they never believed in a child sleeping alone in a room, a baby needs mother's warmth to sleep, that's the firs step of being a good parents.

Trust me baby tooth, they will never leave you and we'll never leave you, infact I'm very young to get married for now." Marco says.

"You're our sunshine, our baby sister, how can we leave you? Even after your marriage I'm gonna stay with you" Oliver says holding my hand.

I giggle feeling better already.

"Thank you, guys." I say.

I'm really great ful to have them in my life.

My precious family.

"Now stop being sulky and let's go for dinner" Oliver says, half hugging me.

I laugh.

Only they can make me feel better like anything.

****

I don't even remember how many teenage years went, there were many ups and downs in my life, however my parents never judged, they always supported me and they are my pillars, I'm very fortunate to have them in my life.

Always remember, you are a precious person they raised, even if the slag in some areas of parenting, forgive them and take care of them like a responsible person.

This is what I feel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6M 159K 85
"No, I'm an only child.What do you mean by I have brothers? " Follow Anastasia Rosaline Blade through her journey. Overcoming abuse, PTSD, depression...
275K 12.7K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
Bleeding Heart By ...

General Fiction

18.5K 357 19
Amalia has experienced more pain in her 16 years of life than many others do. Her life has always been filled with hurt, pain, hopelessness But one d...
1.4M 36.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...