Don't Love Her

By Bp_hiu

Lisa had been wanting to live a simple life ever since she turned into a teenager and had no butlers, maids... More

Dear, Readers: Note
Prologue: Freedom
일(1): Freedom = Normal Life
이(2): Job
삼(3): President & Secretary
사(4): Routine
오(5): Bad Blood
사(6): Something
칠(7): File A Case
팔(8): Marry Me
구(9): Ex-girlfriends
십(10): Scary
십일(11): Just Friends
십이(12): Bad Liar
십삼(13): Ignore
십사(14): Help
십오(15): Adhesive Bandage
십육(16): Weird & Bad
십칠(17): Not A Liar
십팔(18): Save Them
십구(19): Interested
이십(20): Collapsed
이십일(21): Sudden Trip
이십이(22): Play
이십삼(23): Los Angeles
이십사(24): Owned
이십오(25): Wedding Ring
이십육(26): Romantic Date
이십칠(27): Score
이십팔(28): A honeymoon is a must.
이십구(29): Ideal Type
삼십(30): Dirty
삼십일(31): Try
삼십이(32): Watch
삼십사(34): Fall Harder
삼십오(35): Top
삼십육(36): Title
삼십칠(37): Drinks
삼십팔(38): Headache
삼십구(39): Main Plan
사십(40): PARIS, France
PART II (40): Pursue
PART III (40): Second Cousin
PART IV (40): Meeting
PART V (40): Ready [M]
사십일(41): Lalisa vs Taehyung
사십이(42): Caught
사십삼(43): Lunch Break [M]
사십사(44): Dumb and Dumber
사십오(45): Clingy
사십육(46): Eight Letters
사십칠(47): Jealousy
사십팔(48): Dead
사십구(49): Escaped
오십(50): Sudden
오십일(51): Motorcycle
오십이(52): Wang's Weakness [M]
오십삼(53): 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth'
오십사(54): Jennie chose her wife, Lalisa.
오십오(55): Tears of Joy
Part II (55): More Than Two
오십육(56): Teasing
Part II (56): Roseanne-Bambam
PART III (56): Joohyun-Jongin
오십칠(57): Other Friend
오십팔(58): Punish [M]
오십구(59): Touch=Kill
육십(60): Chu-unnie
육십일(61): Overthinking
육십이(62): Hide
육십삼(63): Deserve
육십사(64): Peace and Happiness
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL CHAPTER (I): Children
SPECIAL CHAPTER (II): Adorable Family
SPECIAL CHAPTER (III): Last [M]
Author's Note

삼십삼(33): Family Rank

24.6K 1K 179
By Bp_hiu

DAY 68

THIRD PERSON

A business meeting was going on inside the KM Group meeting room. President Kim, along with some of her employees, was listening to the CEO of Seoul Enterprise, Kim Taehyung.

He explains his plan and presents them with the overall estimation of the cost that will be spent on this project. He sounds so professional and confident as he presents his ideas.

Meanwhile, President Kim's secretary/wife was staring at Kim Taehyung blankly. She still remember how Taehyung tried to drug her wife.

Fortunately, her boss/wife was observant and smarter than Taehyung, which is why she predicted his plan.

"That's it. Thank you for listening." Taehyung bowed slightly, flashing his charming smile at President Kim.

President Kim looked satisfied with his proposal, but she double checked the hardcopy that was on her table so she wouldn't miss any details.

When she didn't see anything, she looked at her employee to Taehyung. She was about to speak when someone cut her off.

"How can we make sure that it was a good idea to trade with the Wang family business?" Lalisa asked, which made everyone's attention earnest.

Taehyung smiled at Lalisa even though he was annoyed inside. He clenched his palm into a fist.

"Wang has a lot of connections with the countries that the KM Group hasn't entered yet. They could easily help KM Group to buy land for a new branch, and the Seoul Enterprise will handle the establishment. " Taehyung answered calmly, but Lalisa knew that he was raging inside.

"That's unnecessary." Lalisa stated.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow and asked, "Why do you think so?"

"Because I know so. KM Group doesn't need to build a new branch in those countries that they haven't entered yet because KM Group has already made partnerships with the biggest companies in each country that you mentioned." Lalisa answered as she browsed through the file and shook her head in disappointment.

"Partnership will only get a little profit rather than establishing an own branch." Taehyung responded.

"Argentina was part of the worst country for business. It will take a year to get a construction permit. If we use our connection with Wang, if we ever agree to trade with them, how can they help us?" Lalisa asked Taehyung.

Jisoo looked at his step-brother, wishing he could give Lalisa an answer that would impress everyone in the room, especially the person who had the power to continue his idea.

"To make every procedure fast, we can easily get the permits that we need, and that will help us build a new branch." Taehyung answered, making Lalisa let out a soft chuckle.

"We can get that with our partners and investors from Argentina. They could easily help us with that, but why do you think KM Group never thought of building a new branch in Argentina?" Lalisa could feel how intense Taehyung's gaze was, but she was known for being a fearless and confident woman.

Taehyung's intense gaze won't scare her. She also doesn't need to be scared of him since he was nothing compared to him. He didn't even reach her level.

Lalisa's question made everyone in the room wonder. Taehyung was thinking so hard for the reason, but he couldn't think of anything that made the latter smirk internally.

"The KM Group's main focus was the branches all over Seoul, South Korea. The branches in other countries were only a sideline." Lalisa answered her own question, which made the others look at her with mixed emotions.

They didn't expect that a big business like KM Group would build branches in a lot of different countries just for additional income.

President Kim can't help but look at her secretary/wife in amusement. She didn't expect to hear from her wife the word "sideline" since in the world of business, there are a lot of terms to use other than "sideline."

"To be honest, KM Group can close all the branches in the other countries because the branches in Seoul are enough to make them earn more and never lose any money. That's why lots of entrepreneurs want to be part of KM Group because the future is assured and they won't ever experience bankruptcy no matter what happens. " Lalisa put the proposal plan made by Taehyung on the table.

"You will never know what will happen in the future. There are lots of threats that might cause a sudden bankruptcy of KM Group." Taehyung replied, and everyone looked at him, thinking the same thing.

"Threats?" Lalisa rubbed her chin as if she was thinking. "Can you give me an example that you think will cause the bankruptcy of KM Group?"

Taehyung got caught off guard. He didn't expect that Lalisa could easily turn the table that quickly. He decided to stay silent since he couldn't think of anything.

"Do you see what I mean? KM Group was a perfect business. I did a swot analysis of KM Group and I didn't find any threats. KM Group has a good foundation with other business partners and investors. Before each business partner signs a contract, they will first attend a sort of seminar to get oriented by KM Group terms and conditions. That's why it takes three days before the contract signing."

"My wife is so brilliant." President Kim whispered to Jisoo, which earned an eyeroll from the latter.

"Sorry to say, but there was nothing good or helpful in your proposal, Mr. Taehyung. Everything you said in front of us was unnecessary, and it was nonsense." Lalisa saw how Taehyung clenched his jaw, and she just flashed a smile.

Taehyung found that smile an insulting one because he thought that Lalisa was doing it on purpose, making him look like a total idiot in front of everyone and making everyone think she was better than him.

He took a deep breath, calming himself.

"It was not unnecessary and nonsense at all, Ms. Secretary. You probably didn't understand some of what I said in front of you because we all know you haven't handled a business since you've been a secretary. All of what I said in front was a great idea that everyone should consider, especially President Kim, since it would help KM Group grow bigger and surpass the richest family in the world." 

"Oh, the rivalry." Lalisa uttered and nodded in understanding. "That's a totally absurd idea."

Taehyung frowned at Lalisa's comment.

"Surpassing the Brüshweiler Family, which also means suprassing the Manoban Family, If those two family didn't make their business one, Kim Family will be place in third place because those two family was the only family that fighting for that title." Lalisa said and chuckled afterwards.

"You are not only a nonsense talker but also an ambitious man. If you think that proposal of yours was a good idea, Why don't you try it in your own company without the KM Group? It might help your family business enter the top 10." Lalisa added that didn't fail to make Taehyung even more insulted.

Everyone in the room went wide-eyed. They didn't expect that Lalisa would bring up Taehyung's family rank.

"Limario, I think that's enough." Jisoo whispered to Lalisa, feeling sympathy towards her stepbrother. 

"I'm sorry." Lalisa whispered to Jisoo, earning a nod from the latter. She knows that Jisoo felt bad for Taehyung, even though they were not that close.

Lalisa glanced at her wife, who was looking in front and had been listening right from the start.

"Let's talk about this again in the next meeting. Kindly prepare more rebuttals because I'm expecting another debate about this topic. Both of you, Lalisa, and Mr. Taehyung, apologize to each other." President Kim interrupted the two people having an intense stare fight.

"For what?" Lalisa and Taehyung asked in unison.

"You [pointed at Lalisa] dragging his family rank when it was clearly unnecessary and also insulting him. While you [pointed at Taehyung], glaring at my secretary and insulting her as well." President Kim became neutral.

She doesn't want Taehyung to embarrass himself even more since she still considers him as her best friend's step-sibling. She knew that Jisoo was feeling bad for Taehyung.

Lalisa dragging their family rank was a big insult to both Jisoo and Taehyung. So, President Kim didn't only save Taehyung's face but also her best friend, Jisoo.

"I apologize for saying those insulting words without even thinking twice. I shouldn't have done that. It's so unprofessional of me." Lalisa apologized first and gave Jisoo an apologetic smile.

It looked like Lalisa was apologizing to Jisoo instead.

"Mr. Taehyung." President Kim raised an eyebrow, signaling him to do the same thing.

"I'm sorry." Taehyung forced himself to utter those words.

President Kim stood up from her seat and said, "This meeting is now adjourned." 

She walked away with Lalisa following behind, and the employees inside the meeting room picked up their stuff and left, except Taehyung and Jisoo.

"Seriously? Trading with the Wang is the only thing you can think of." Jisoo asked in disbelief, massaging her scalp.

Jisoo is aware of how dangerous it is to become involved with the Wang family, and she does not want any of the people she knows to become involved with the Wangs.

"Wang Junho personally talked to me. He is offering an opportunity that can help both KM Group and our family business." Taehyung told his step-sister

"That Wang Junho was a great manipulator." Jisoo looked at his stepbrother with cold eyes. "Involve yourself with him and you will lose everything."

"That was not true. Wang Junho was a great man." Taehyung said, earning an eyeroll from his step-sister.

"Did our father know about this?" Jisoo inquired.

"I haven't told him yet." Taehyung avoided Jisoo's eyes, afraid to make eye contact with her.

Instead of saying something, Jisoo chose to leave the meeting room, not wanting to talk to her step-brother because she might say something bad that would hurt Taehyung's feelings.

•••

LALISA

I was standing in front of Jennie, who was sitting in her swivel chair. Her expression was not good. She looked disappointed at me, which didn't fail to make me feel bad.

"I'm sorry for crossing the line and for acting so unprofessionally." I apologized, lowering my head.

I heard her sigh.

"I understand that you have bad blood against him, but you should never have mentioned his family rank and insulted him in front of his employees." Jennie scolded me.

"Mianhe, I didn't mean to do that. It's just that I wasn't able to control myself and also, his idea was definitely a bad idea because getting involved with Wangs'. It's like selling your soul to a devil." I said without looking at Jennie but instead at the floor.

All of a sudden, I heard her heels, and she grabbed my chin gently to make me look at her.

She pulled me closer to her and hugged me.

I buried my face in the crook of her neck and her arms were wrapped around my shoulder. 

"You did great in the meeting earlier, and everyone in the room was impressed with your intelligence and confidence. I'm sorry for scolding you, but I just did that as the President of KM Group because I shouldn't side with you just because you are my secretary."

"You scolded me, but you didn't even do that to that son of a bitch." I complained at her neck, earning a chuckle from her.

"Jisoo will handle him, but if you want, I can talk to Tae—No!" I cut her off and hugged her tightly.

"Don't ever talk to that shit without me being with you. He might do something bad to you."

"Arraseo." She pulled my face from her neck and she cupped my face. "Behave yourself next time, Lili."

She squeezed my cheeks and kissed the tip of my nose, causing me to scrunch it and giggle. Then she buried my face again in the crook of her neck.

Knock! Knock!

We got interrupted by the knock. I pulled away from Jennie and went to the door to open it. It was Mr. Kim.

I opened the door widely and bowed at him politely.

"What are you doing here, Dad?" Jennie asked her father.

His father glanced at her before he looked back to me. His expression doesn't look good and I can't read what's on his mind.

Why does he look furious?

"I have something to talk about with your secretary." Mr. Kim said coldly.

Mr. Kim motioned for me to come with him, which I did without hesitation. He brought me to the company rooftop, and I noticed that he was holding a brown envelope.

He handed me the envelope and I accepted it, then opened it without even waiting for his permission.

"Wang Junho was making a move. He started his plan to bring down the Brüshweiler Family along with the Manobans'. Until now, he has been trying to persuade me to join his association to execute his plan." Mr. Kim started and he lit up his cigarette.

A bunch of Wang Junho's photos, he was going into different places and talking with different people.

"I'm trusting you for my daughter's safety. For some reason, I felt like I could trust you since my dad won't hire you if you are not someone we could trust." Mr. Kim looked at me.

I grabbed his cigarrette from his mouth and dropped it on the ground, then stepped on it.

"Cigarettes were bad for your health. In exchange for protecting your daughter, please don't join Wang Junho or don't even consider it." I told him.

I was about to walk away when I heard him call my name. I turned around to face him and he was leaning against the railings.

"I did an investigation into you." He said, which made me subconsiously gulp. "And surprisingly, I didn't see anything about you, which is strange."

"You wouldn't see anything if I didn't reveal it. I prefer to keep everything private and I hope you will not investigate me again, Mr. Kim, because it's no use." 

"Take care of my daughter, betray her... you will know what will happen to you." He playfully winked at me.

"You didn't have to tell me; I'm already taking care of her. Betraying her never occurred to me, and I will never do so to her, but I may do so to you if you choose a wrong path that will endanger your daughter."

"For a secretary, you are truly loyal and overprotective towards my daughter. Answer me honestly, Lalisa. Do you like my daughter?" 

"No, I don't like her because I'm starting to reciprocate her love towards me and I know that I will fall harder for her."

"I'll be honest with you, Lalisa. I don't like you for my daughter, but stopping you and her love story was the least thing on my mind, especially when there is an upcoming threat, but don't be too relaxed because I might take my daughter away from you."

"You can't do anything about it, whether you like me or not, for your daughter. Try to separate us from each other. I will be the one who takes your daughter away from you." 

He released a sigh and looked at me coldly.

"You are definitely not from an average family. Let's have dinner at the mansion. I want to talk to the two of you." 

I slightly bowed at him and left him alone on the rooftop. I used the stairs instead of the elevator to have more time. 

I put my phone in my left ear and said to the other line, "Brace yourselves, war is coming soon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

895K 30.2K 59
Lisa Manoban is trying hard not to let her crush on Jennie Kim get in the way of their new found friendship because, well---Jennie Kim is not gay. JE...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
914K 38.6K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
Better Off By Z

Fanfiction

1.5M 49.1K 62
[COMPLETED] 《Be Alright Book 2》 "May your heart remain breakable, but never by the same hand twice" -T.S.