Enigmatic Darkness

Bởi EinfaAsshi

When two opposite world collides, with past invading present and present turning darker, destruction is meant... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1 - Her Shadow
Chapter 2 - His eyes
Chapter 3 - Feeling You
Chapter 4 - His Attitude
Chapter 5 - Tears
Chapter 6 - Intensity
Chapter 7 - Coming Closer
Chapter 8 - In Your Arms
Chapter 9 - Just For You
Chapter 10 - Maithli
Chapter 11 - Secrecy
Chapter 12 - Defiant Emotions
Chapter 13 - Wave of Past
Chapter 14 - Lost of Hope
Chapter 15 - Returning Trust
Chapter 16 - Start Of Destruction
Chapter 17 - Fighting For Eachother
Chapter 18 - A Glimpse Of Her Pain
Chapter 19 - Night Of Threat
Chapter 20 - Scandalous Day
Chapter 21 - Finding Pictures
Chapter 22 - Twisted Scenarios
Chapter 23 - Dread
Chapter 24 - Painful Consequences
Chapter 25 - Moving Ahead
Chapter 26 - Weird Life
Chapter 27 - His Feelings
Chapter 28 - Change
Chapter 29 - Unexpected Attack
Chapter 30 - Nightmare
Chapter 31 - Cloaks and Fog
Chapter 32 - Sunshine among Clouds
Chapter 33 - Light and Dark
Chapter 34 - Moments and Us
Chapter 35 - Confusing Shocks
Chapter 36 - Flashback
Chapter 37 - A normal day?
Chapter 38 - Duo
Chapter 39 - Betrayers
Chapter 40 - Girl
Chapter 41 - First Visit from Past
Chapter 42 - An Effort to Understand
Chapter 43 - Coldness
Chapter 44 - Attack of Past
Chapter 45 - Dying Heart
Chapter 46 - Beyond The Expectations
Chapter 47 - Struggling With Decisions
Chapter 48 - See The Truth
Chapter 49 - Shades of Love
Chapter 50 - Sour & Sweet
Chapter 51 - Progressing
Chapter 52 - Being Different
Chapter 53 - Struggling for Future
Chapter 54 - Complex Relations
Chapter 55 - Lost in Time
Chapter 56 - In our Hearts
Chapter 58 - Everything For Love
Chapter 59 - Flaking Snow
Chapter 60 - Treachery For Truth

Chapter 57 - Love is Strange Thing

134 20 7
Bởi EinfaAsshi

Training late in evening, just because his parents were outside, was a rather peculiar decision on Abhay's part. A decision that Piya didn't understand but agreed nonetheless. Not that she had any reason not to. Besides she was kinda enjoying the whole process anyway.

As mansion was empty due to a particular meeting amid leaders of various clans, Abhay and Piya were continuing the training in hall instead of terrace. It had the added benefit of not using extra powers in camouflaging their activities. Not that Piya had any idea about it. Although mild weather was a little hindrance as fog covered the inside of mansion better but still there was no need to use high level of power, he usually used, in hiding themselves.

Blinds were drawn on windows to allow the shadows play in hall as both fought each other.

This time Abhay was sweating along with her as Piya panted in the otherwise quiet hall while they kept their eyes locked on each other and their stance ready to fight.

Piya was taking on the skills with fine excellence, the extra help apart. Throwing punches and swiftly kicking exactly when required. Her attacks were getting better, causing him to consume more of his powers to heal.

"Damn the heat," Abhay cursed, unbottoning his jacket to reveal black cotton shirt underneath. The burning of extra energy tended to make him feel extra warm even though he was cold being, not as cold as Vampire but enough to enjoy the fire. At this moment, though, he could not appreciate the warmth that was causing him sweat like a damn dog.

"Just say it you're embarrassed," Piya said, grinning at her victory, sleeves of her black sweatshirt rolled to her elbow and her coat already discarded on couch in front of cold hearth.

Just as Abhay threw his jacket on couch with her coat, the scent of his parents alerted him they weren't alone anymore.

Alarmed, his head shot to Piya who had already taken her position in the center, and was trying a few moves in air. Her long hair tied in a messy bun and her face set in concentration, a perfect picture of an assassin in training.

With a long stride he was beside her, pulling her in his arms as he cancelled the protective spell around the hall, his hands settling on her stomach, after freeing her hair from the bun, effectively caging her hands to carefully avoid the backlash. Ignoring her startled gasp Abhay placed his chin on her shoulder. He had to seem like a perfectly normal boyfriend. Some secrets weren't meant to be told to anyone at all.

Wind blew in from the slits of windows and played the curtains letting the light seep through the opening, illuminating the otherwise dim hall. He could hear her racing heart in the quietness.

"Abhay?" her voice came in a low and confused breathless whisper.

Fire lit up in the cold hearth, sparkling magnificently and adding soft hues on her face, her head half turned to take a look of him over the shoulder as she fumbled with half mind to get out of his hold. For a moment, he wanted to forget the world, the war and the lurking betrayals; forget every conspiracy and simply stare at her beautiful face shining softly in the firelight while silky tresses cupped her rosy cheeks.

"Relax," Abhay whispered in husky voice, when she raised her leg to kick him, close enough to her ear to give her shivers that he didn't miss due to their close proximity.

Piya stared him with her gorgeous eyes widened, he couldn't look away from the intensity and need in those brown orbs.

"What's happening here?" Haseena asked shattering their moment, sounding both amused and confused at the same time, appearing at doorstep beside Chand.

Piya jerked in his hold and doubled her efforts to escape him while her head turned on the other side to glance towards their parents.

"Just romancing with my girlfriend." Abhay answered calmly placing his chin on her shoulder, inhaling the sweet fragrance of her hair that reminded him of early spring.

"Wh... Abhay?" Piya stuttered in shock. "N..no.. mumma..."

It was cute really and Abhay wondered if he should tease her more frequently.

"Sshhh Piya, don't panic. Mom don't mind and dad can't stay quiet if he do. So relax." Abhay said, pulling her further closer to his chest not even letting air to pass through them as he hid his face in her neck making her shiver at the feeling.

Chand turned his head, pressing his forehead, his face showing the smile that didn't reach his lips.

Piya struggled to push him away, he didn't dare to loosen his grip knowing she wouldn't waste the chance to show off her skills at him which was something he didn't want to be known at any cost.

"I guess, we should to move to our room then," Haseena said with a dramatic sigh when Abhay didn't seem to budge from cuddling his girlfriend and acting as if it was the most normal thing to do.

"N..." Piya tried to stop them, sounding as panic as flustered her attempts were to get away from him.

Really, she should've stopped those struggles by now. Abhay resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"You guess it right, mom." Abhay said calmly, and tightened his grip on her stomach.

"Abhay what are you doing?" Piya whispered furiously.

"Am I doing anything wrong?" Abhay asked aware of the enticing hue on her cheeks, he almost wanted to lean forward and kissed that redness but decided it would be too much for Piya and hence refrained.

"At least, clear the way, Abhay." Chand said in his usual cold voice pointedly looking at them as they were standing in path of staircase.

Abhay gave out a sigh acting as if he very much hated to be disturbed from his place of embracing Piya. Pulling away from Piya but holding her hand he dragged her to couch. Pushing her down on couch, Abhay flopped on floor and placed his head in her lap; their hands remained entwined.

"Abhay Raichand, you stupid Neforé," Piya covered her face in embarrassment.

"Don't be embarrassed, Piya. There's no prohibition on PDA in our world. Neforé prides in sticking together." Haseena called from above the stairs apparently hearing her clearly. "Let him be stupid and carefree for once, its refreshing."

"Exactly that's all we can do after all. Not those things humans do in the confines of room... You know what I mean?" Abhay winked at Piya even though he felt something constricting his chest painfully.

"Shut up, Abhay." Piya glared going red.

Once Chand and Haseena disappeared in their rooms, Abhay sat up straight and Piya stood up quickly.

"What was that behaviour, Abhay? You could've told the truth instead of doing all those embarrassing things." Piya said, specks of hues on her cheeks made her look more pretty than angry.

Giving out a sigh, Abhay stood up and watched her. Brushing his hair from forehead, he pulled her in his arms again and looked down at her glaring face.

"Do you regret that I touched you in front of our parents or you regret that you can't have more?" Abhay asked softly pulling her closer, only a hint of pain showing his despair at the situation.

He had really thought about this before but never dwelled more than necessary; this painful conversation should've took place long before he accepted to be with Piya. But he perhaps he was better at lying to himself than he thought because until this very moment the reality of their situation didn't hit him so painfully that Piya might need more than loving companionship, that she might've baser needs what with the way her heart raced and she breathed heavier with his mere touch.

"Tell me Piya, do you regret being with me now? Since I can't make you feel the things a normal human can." Abhay asked, guilt taking a place in his voice as his face drawn into misery. Just because he had no desires due to his half dead state didn't mean Piya would appreciate foregoing her dreams.

Piya didn't argue this time and stared in his icy grey eyes seeking answers for her own questions that he didn't know what were.

"Love isn't about giving up due to shortcomings. Its about these" Piya spoke softly and placed her hand over his almost dead heart. "Becoming one and together, rather than any other desire."

Brown eyes looked in his icy grey, conveying the genuine love and yearning for him more than any other desire.

"I'm complete with you, Abhay. No human or normalcy can give me the happiness I feel in your arms." Piya spoke taking his face in her hands, a thumb stroking his cheek and her warm breath over his face filling him with life.

"I can't be more grateful than having you." Abhay heaved, resting his forehead on hers.

This was the place he wished to take his last breath. This was the love he didn't know if he deserve, but would do everything for, even die for.

"Now tell me why did you lie to mumma?" Piya asked pulling away from him and crossing her arms, raising her brow and giving him one of her angry glares.

Shouldn't have taught her taught to be angry. Abhay shook his head. She was damn persistent really.

"I want you to hide the training from everyone including our parents. This should be your surprise weapon and a surprise is not meant to be told." Abhay said.

Piya dropped her gaze becoming thoughtful, Abhay dropped on couch pulling her over him. Her eyes widened and she gasped.

"You lose, again." Abhay shook his head with pity at her lack of focus on sudden attacks as he held her from waist, while searching in his jacket with other hand.

"You should've warned me." Piya whined, not happy on losing.

"Surprise, you see." Abhay said, flicking her nose with his. She shouldn't be thinking a lot about what he did and this distraction was best way to put stop to that brilliant mind of hers.

Abhay left her and she stood up, brushing her hair with fingers and untangling some knots.

"I'm not forgetting what you did, remember that." Piya warned picking up her coat from couch.

"Piya wait," Abhay called, reaching out for her as she made way to leave for her room.

Turning her around, he clasped the delicate chain on her waist. Dainty hearts encrusted with diamond dangled on the chain and looked even more gorgeous on his Piya.

The shine, however, didn't compare to the bright smile on her face and the gleaming universe in her eyes.

Tracing the chain, Piya fondled the tiny hearts, her gaze shifted to him.

"My heart will be forever yours." Piya whispered, embracing him. "In this life and every other life."

Abhay closed his eyes at the onslaught of emotions at the sincerity in her words. He couldn't get anymore lucky. This girl was so precious and even his life weighed less in front of her.

Piya stepped back and locked her eyes with his.

"But don't waste so much of your money. That too on something I might end up killing someone with." Piya grinned.

She was really something else. And that was the reason he loved her. Abhay fought a smile. That was silver, further enchanted by Eira. A gift for her that could also protect her. She knew him so well.

"You're my world, Piya. I can lose anything but not you." Abhay said, suppressing his fear from reaching his eyes but she read it, he realized with the way her eyes softened in understanding. He was glad she didn't say anything on the topic though.

Piya gave him a quick kiss on cheek effectively diverting the topic and his mood.

"Expensive kill, yeah" Piya winked with a cheeky grin.

"After all, you're mine." Abhay said, a light smile brightening his face.

It was first time he called her his instead of adding girlfriend on her face. It changed so many things, like those words provided her whole universe. They had such an electrifying power that a heat rushed to her whole body and crept to her cheeks.

Lowering her head, she hoped for her hair to cover the blush. Her body could detect his gaze and she twirled around, gripping the coat tighter. Exhilarated, she ran away.

Stopping outside her room, she peeked down from railing to catch a glimpse of Abhay. Lifting his head, his gaze directed to her and light dents appeared on his cheeks. She could die for that smile. Turning around she placed a hand on her racing heart, a smile full of happiness adorning her face.

Her hand reached for the brooch on her coat, she hadn't took it out even for a second and she didn't plan to in future either. She pulled the coat closed to her heart while feeling the waist chain. Even though they were expensive and she didn't want him to spend so much on her she couldn't deny his efforts and end up hurting his feelings. Besides both of the gifts were sign of his love for her and she would be damned if she denied that.

Stepping inside her room, a thought crossed her mind, retracting she glanced towards his room. Stealthily she took a peek downstairs. Chand and Haseena were approaching Abhay.

"Payback time, Neforé," Piya grinned, sneaking in his room.

_________________________

Clock showed the time half past seven and only twelve hours were remaining for the presentation which he hadn't even started to prepare yet.

Leaning on the leather chair, Siddharth stared the sparkling marble which was once drowned in Piya blood. It wasn't in a little quantity but lot of. Her body had seemed so pale in that fleeting minute Abhay was taking her away. Her face bloody and her arms having wounds. Blood had flowed so freely and abundantly.  How many days passed to that incident? Three? Four? Or seven? No, eight days.

Shutting his eyes, Siddharth rested his head on chair. The Piya he saw in college having fiery eyes and sharper tongue was a different girl from the flustered girl sparkling in pink glitters. Different from the little girl who had played in the lush garden filled with with summer scent in the evening wind. The little girl with innocent smiles and loving eyes.

She was even different from the Piya whom he met before the accident. In fact, she always turned into an entirely different person with every meeting.

Same person. Yet different personality.

Somehow, Abhay seemed to be the reason behind her every step. Abhay was always around Piya. Even if there was certain amount of distance between the two, their eyes always seemed to be finding each other and having a quite conversation, a relation he had not seen in long time. They had seemed happier together but always angry in front of people even then their eyes seek each other and form decisions hidden from others.

Opening his eyes, Siddharth stared the ceiling, shadows were forming and taking over the study, he didn't wish for light either.

Abhay reminded him of similar darkness, always shrouded in shadows and never in colours despite of the age when boys would use everything in fashion. Abhay was different and with eyes that seemed to be hiding secrets of centuries.

Bolting straight, Siddharth eyed the laptop with a sudden thought. He knew what to check to confirm his doubts.

Quickly, pulling the laptop closer he logged in. His fingers danced on the keyboard and before clock striked eight, results appeared in front of his eyes.

So this is it. The real truth.

Siddharth leaned back not knowing what to feel anymore. He and Abhay need to have a private conversation on this matter.

_______________________

"Abhay, are you sure?" Chand hissed leaning closer.

Abhay nodded observing him silently.

"I have bad feeling about it, Abhay," Haseena said with an uncharacteristic look of worry on her frowning face. "It could be a trap."

Abhay shook his head dispelling it to be any trap even though he felt the tightness in her chest.

"I ch..." Abhay stopped feeling Piya. He stared at Chand who had narrowed his eyes.

Her scent drifted in hall and a moment later, soft footsteps informed them of her arrival. Chand leaned back, Haseena nodded at Abhay before schooling her face into indifference while Abhay lowered his head to hide his feelings.

Their world was nasty and Piya didn't deserve any of this.

Hearing a chuckle from Haseena, Abhay raised his head. Haseena pressed her hand on her mouth to stop her laughter. Confused, Abhay followed her sight and his mouth dropped.

Piya grinned at him opening her arms, showing off his jeans and shirt that she was wearing. Standing on his feet, he almost swore. She could hardly be seen in his outfit, it was all baggy but Abhay couldn't ignore how attractive she looked despite the way it hung in out of sorts way on her profile. There was something in seeing her in his dress.

"What's this, Piya?" Abhay asked, painfully aware of his parents presence. She should've at least not came in front of them. That was his outfit and of his size, for god's sake, no matter how adorable she looked.

"Ain't I pretty?" Piya asked twirling around.

She was looking more than pretty but this wasn't the time to appreciate that.

"You're more than pretty, Piya." Haseena said, smiling lovingly at Piya.

"Mom," Abhay glared at her encouragement but Piya stuck out her tongue teasing him not caring for his opinion.

"You must change, Piya," Abhay said, glaring at her even though it was ineffective nowadays.

"And why will I listen to you?" Piya asked raising her brow and placing her hands on her hips. Her hands were lost in the huge sleeves.

Shaking his head at her antics, Abhay reached for her but she ran away giggling and as Abhay tried to chase her, she ran to Haseena, hiding behind her and holding her as shield while laughing freely at his state.

Abhay tried to pull her to front but Haseena wouldn't let him.

"She needs to change mom," Abhay groaned.

"Why is it so?" Piya asked peeking from behind Haseena.

Abhay tried to hold her again but she pulled Haseena in front of her.

"Because that's my clothes," Abhay said, and he knew how ridiculous he sounded but he really didn't want anyone to see her in that way. It was strange kind of protectiveness but he wasn't going to analyse that at the moment.

"Such a childish possessiveness," Piya said faking the pity on him.

Haseena raised her brow and Abhay thought for better reason to argue.

"She isn't looking good, mom," Abhay lied and they all could see that right through him with the way three eyebrows raised at him almost making him feel sheepish.

"But am feeling good, mumma," Piya said, giving Haseena her best puppy look.

That look even melted Abhay. But he still didn't want anyone else to look at her in his clothes. Not even his parents.

"No, you're going to change." Abhay said stubbornly, sounding like a petulant child.

"Abhay, don't be a kid," Chand said from behind Piya, his voice not so cold as before.

Abhay clenched his fingers not wanting to show embarrassment at the reprimand.

"Yes don't be a kid, Abhay." Piya repeated mimicking the stern tone.

Abhay glared her. It was her fault.

Piya stepped away from Haseena with confidence and looked directly at him with challenge.

"Now even when papa is with me, we're going to take a family picture." Piya said pulling out her phone from the pocket.

"Picture?" Abhay was shocked, his mouth dropped as he stared her.

It wasn't bad idea. He would like to have her picture that way but... His eyes flitted to his parents.

"Any problem?" Haseena raised her eyebrow in challenge.

Abhay looked at Chand hoping for him to deny but even he seemed happy with the idea, if that slight smile on his face was anything to go by.

His shoulders slumped in defeat. Piya gave him a victory smile and he couldn't help but smile back. It wasn't that bad anyway.

"Give me, I'll take the picture," Abhay said holding out his hand for phone.

"Didn't you hear me?" Piya glared confusing Abhay. "Its a family picture."

He understood that much but he didn't understand who was going to take picture. Piya showed the timer on camera and he shook his head at his own stupidity.

Piya gave directions for seating arrangements and they obeyed obediently. Haseena and Chand sat on their usual chairs as fire burned in background. Abhay sat on armrest of Haseena's chair.

Abhay frowned not understanding where Piya was going to sit. She walked to Chand and sat on floor, crossing her ankles and leaning her head on Chand's chair.

So she was teasing him for what he did a moment back. In her own innocent way. His lips lifted as he admired her. She gave a mischievous smile while watching him from periphery.

The photo was clicked right then. A happy family. Haseena and Chand poised on their seats with calmness while Abhay looked at smirking Piya who had her head craned on side and eyes trained on him.

A perfect family, picture of happiness, without aware of the blizzard that was going to upturn their life.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

285K 9.6K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
513K 31.8K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
319K 15.5K 75
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
2.2M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...