Chapter 19 - Night Of Threat

Leaning on the seat of his car, Abhay watched Piya, under the bright light of sun, entering in her hostel without turning back. Whether it was her trust on him that he would be there or she didn't want to even spare him a glance, was unknown to Abhay. But he kept his gaze stuck at her with his mind alert.

Despite his insistence, Piya remained persisted on not going at his home. She was right too, since it was odd for her to spend night at his place but he wasn't wrong in his hunch either.

It wasn't safe for her.

Kabir could do anything as he must be already furious on not getting opportunity to talk to Piya, particularly after she took stand for Him.

A heavy weight came on his chest with the thought of her doing so much for him despite the danger she was in.

She did it all for him and now Kabir would try to hit back at her just because of him.

But he wouldn't let Kabir do anything. Not this time. Whatever it would take, he won't make mistake in not taking extra precautions.

Driving the car in the farthest and hidden corner, he kept out an eye for any suspicious activity or for Kabir, in that matter.

He wouldn't let that bastard reach Piya. Not when he was there, not anytime and not in this life.

He would be there, always, for her.

The day passed with his eyes wondering all around and his senses processing the situation.

It was late in evening when he got call from Piya that alerted him even further.

"Abhay, Maya is missing." Piya said, her voice was laced with worry and Abhay didn't need to be in her presence to feel her fears.

"What do you mean?" Abhay questioned, sitting upright and gripping the steering wheel as his eyes darted around his deserted surrounding.

"According to warden, she went her home on urgent leave. But- she isn't answering my calls." Piya informed and Abhay knew Piya worry wasn't baseless, it was not of Maya to avoid Piya.

"Relax, Piya, there must be something urgent. " Abhay said, bolting his own worry deep inside him. He didn't want her to panic.

"But Abhay, she isn't answering....." Her voice trailed off in the thick air of worry

"Relax, Piya, am saying na. She'll be fine. Relax." Abhay said in soothing voice that he knew would work on her.

"I... Okay" Piya said, the strain in her voice lessening slowly and so the worry "I trust you"

The last of her words left Abhay in the misery of his own darkness. He resisted the urge to close his eyes to soothe his pain. He had to be alert and unblinking to make sure she was fine.

"I'm with you" Abhay said after a moment of painful silence and immediately cut the call. At least, that was true. But it did nothing to alleviate his darkness.

Too innocent and too loving....

Will he be ever able to forgive himself for using her trust like this? By keeping her in dark?

But isn't this necessary too?

For her safety and for her welfare!!

Then why everytime she says, she trust him, he feels so wrong and guilty?

Maybe, because he is wrong and guilty despite his intentions not being so wrong.

Sighing Abhay leaned on seat eyeing the Hostel with sharp eyes. His pain and guilt had to be forgotten for now. Piya's safety was much more important at this point.