Chapter 21 - Finding Pictures

Measuring the mansion with his sharp narrowed eyes, he moved around the place laying the plan in his mind. It was a well protected mansion but infiltrating it wasn't issue, finding the best plan was.

He had two plans. Either he could enter through front door and corrupt servants to let him enter Kabir's room, or he could jump in through one of open window and found his way to Kabir room himself.

He weighed the pros and cons of both plans and finally decided with which plan he would go. The first one was best, of course. The little the power would be used, and the easier the work would be done.

With a confident grace, Abhay strode inside the mansion, not giving a chance to guards to break from his Charm and Fear.

In the towering mansion, ornamented by royalty and protected by guards, who stood dumbfounded now, Abhay walked through the front gate inside the mansion.

Abhay looked directly at female servant who arrived dutifully on the intrusion.  He observed her expression, assessing the situation and devising the plan.

The young girl seemed lost looking at the handsome boy entering in the mansion with a royalty that only belonged to the people living in the mansion but now suddenly oozing from the man who didn't even live in this royal mansion. Her mouth hung open slightly, in the shock of the charm and royalty of not a royal.

"Where's Kabir?" Abhay questioned in a tone that suck away the energy of maid.

It was surely the tone, her royal employer used and the thought made her wonder if the guy was a royal too.

"He's not present at the moment." Maid said, bowing her head knowing what kind of behaviour royals demand from the servants.

"Show me his room." Abhay ordered without explaining himself

"But sir...." Maid looked at him shocked, she couldn't do it. Her loyalty wouldn't allow even if the person standing in front of her was some royal too.

"Right now!" Abhay looked directly in her eyes as she did the mistake of looking in his eyes.

She nodded in obligation and walked ahead with Abhay following her. She led him to upstairs and down a long corridor, stopping beside the fifth and last room.

Abhay entered the room as she stood by the door with her head lowered. A huge room painted in white and golden lining around, with a king size bed in the center and a sliding double door almirah taking up a whole side wall, with a floor to ceiling mirror beside the twin side tables. Nothing fascinating for Abhay and nothing extraordinary, considering that Kabir was a kinda Royal.

Abhay marched in the room, standing in the center, he wondered the possible place proof would be. He moved his eyes around the room. There were no window and lights but the chandelier hanging on the ceiling was giving enough light to illuminate every corner of room. Finally, he rested his eyes on twin tables having locked drawers, a perfect place for Kabir to hide the evidence and glorify in them everyday.

Sitting on his knees, he looked at the locked drawer. Pulling a few strings, Abhay unlocked the drawer and pulled it out. There was a mess of scattered papers with nothing useful. But Abhay knew better than confusing appearance.

Carefully but quickly, Abhay rummaged through the disastrous papers. There were tons of them, filling the whole space. But Abhay thought to check out everything before shutting it close.

A picture emerge from the pile of waste, at the bottom of drawer. Abhay stopped with the papers and pulled the picture out. It wasn't what he was searching but it was surely worth it.