Look After You - A Louis Toml...

Від katie_rick

Ashley Styles is Harry's sister. She hasn't seen her little brother in over five years. She arrives in London... Більше

Chapter 1: New Places and Perspectives
Chapter 2: A Parallax
Chapter 3: Surprises
Chapter 4: Just For Fun
Chapter 5: Sneaking Out
Chapter 6: World Cup Match
Chapter 7: And The Party Continues...
Chapter 8: The Dinner Party
Chapter 9: Dilemmas
Chapter 10: Working Things Out
Chapter 11: Not So Much of a Stranger
Chapter 12: The First Date
Chapter 13: Fights Suck
Chapter 14: Singers Make the Best Apologies
Chapter 15: New Normal
Chapter 16: He Makes My Knees Weak
Chapter 17: I Hate Goodbyes
Chapter 18: Life Goes On
Chapter 19: Back For You
Chapter 20: Centerfield
Chapter 21: Forever Young
Chapter 22: Beautiful Goodbyes
Chapter 23: Not That Far Away
Chapter 24: The Third Cut is the Deepest.
Chapter 25: Friday I'll Be Over You
Chapter 26: When She Loved Me (Louis' POV)
Chapter 27: Torn
Chapter 28: I Heart ?
Chapter 29: What If
Chapter 30: Lloro Por Ti
Chapter 31: Be Still
Chapter 32: Troublemakers
Chapter 34: Danger Zone
Chapter 35: Let the Flames Begin
Chapter 36: Up All Night
Chapter 37: When You Wake Up
Chapter 38: I Won't Give Up
Chapter 39: Keep Your Head Up
Chapter 40: Read Between the Lines
Chapter 41: You're My Life Now
Chapter 42: How to Save A Life
Chapter 43: Save You Tonight
Chapter 44: Distracted
Chapter 45: She's Got Something
Chapter 46: Take Me Home
Chapter 47: Hold You in My Arms
Chapter 48: Stupid Mistakes
Chapter 49: Want You Back
Chapter 50: Your Love is Strong
Chapter 51: Safe Haven
Chapter 52: All The Small Things
Chapter 53: Forever and Always
Chapter 54: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Chapter 55: Remembering Sunday (Epilogue)
Never Had

Chapter 33: First Impressions

8.2K 138 24
Від katie_rick

(ASHLEY'S POV)

"Dad? What.. what are you doing here? Oh my God, you're actually here!" I smiled and he ran over to me, engulfing me in a big, long awaited hug. He was dressed in his navy blue uniform, complete with badges and a hat covering his short blonde hair. I looked a lot more like my dad than my mom: blonde hair, blue eyes, and other matching features that were supposedly very apparent.

I was still in complete shock: my dad was here? When did this happen? Why didn't he call me? Does he know that I have cancer? Does he know about Louis? Oh God, he walked in on Louis and I making out. Way to make a good impression.

"The carrier is stopped down at the bay for a few days before we head out to Pearl Harbor, so I had to come see you! Gosh Bo, you've grown up so much and its only been what, six months?" he smiled, hugging me again.

"Nine, actually. But anyways, you're seriously staying for the next few days? That's awesome!" I was so excited. I missed my dad so much, and now he was finally home. Too bad I was stuck in this stupid hospital.

"Yeah, and I already talked to your mom and brother about this but, the captain is letting you all come aboard the carrier for a few days to check everything out. Do you want to go?"

"Of course I do! That sounds amazing!" I had never really seen or paid much attention to my dad's job. He was a fighter pilot in the Navy. He had always loved to fly, but mom was constantly reminding him of how dangerous it was and he never got to do it back in England. I guess that is one of the reasons why they split.

"Great, you, your mother, Harry, and his band mates are all invited. We can board tomorrow."

"Cool, but Dad, you do realize that I'm stuck in this hospital for like the rest of the year, right?" I gestured to the wires and monitors behind me.

"Yes, I do, Bo. And I already talked to your doctor. Since you don't have your next treatment session until Friday, you're allowed out of here for the rest of the week. He said that if you are feeling up to it, you may leave tomorrow."

"Really? That's awesome, did you hear that Louis? We get to go on an aircraft carrier!" I looked back at my boyfriend who was sitting next to me awkwardly, fiddling with his fingers.

"Yeah, should be exciting! And the boys arrive in the morning! It will be like this summer all over again, but now we'll be on a huge boat!" he smiled.

"It's an aircraft carrier, not a boat, son." My dad corrected him. Oh God, the embarrassment begins.

"Oh right, sorry sir. And it's nice to finally meet you. I'm Louis. Louis Tomlinson." Louis put out his hand and my dad took it, shaking it firmly.

"Commander David Styles. The feeling is.. mutual. You're in Harry's band, correct?"

"Yes, sir." Sir? Really Lou? Gosh he is such a dork.

"Interesting. And you two are" he pointed to us and furrowed his eyebrows, obviously waiting for us to admit that we were a couple.

"Yeah, dad, we're together." I pressed my lips together tightly and smiled, really annoyed with my dad and how awkward the situation was right now.

"I see. Well, it's getting late, I think the both of us better be going, right Louis?" my dad stood up and looked over at Louis. Way to kill everything dad.

"Uh, yeah. See you tomorrow Ashley." Louis got up quickly and waved to me, red still covering his face. It was cute that he was so embarrassed.

"Yeah, love you Bo. Come on Louis, my car is parked out front." my dad began to walk out the door and Louis quickly followed behind him. Before he walked down the hallway, Louis turned back to me and saluted, running off to catch up with my father. I laughed silently before picking up a book on the table beside me and looking for the place I was currently reading.

My dad is so embarrassing, but I love him.

And Louis is a complete dork, but I love him too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(LOUIS' POV)

I followed Ashley's dad down the hall until we got to the lift. We both stepped inside and he pressed the button for the bottom floor. It took a while and he didn't seem to want to talk, so really it was quite awkward.

Ashley's dad scared me. A lot. He didn't seem to be the friendliest man, from what I had heard and am now experiencing. He also has an entire ship full of weapons that could blow the shit out of me. He didn't even have to say anything and I already felt threatened.

We finally reached the bottom floor and I followed him to the parking lot where he unlocked his car. It was a really beautiful car, I had always liked it but I never had the money to get it. I know, crazy right? It's an expensive car!

"I love your car, sir." I said as he opened his door and sat in the driver's seat. I then opened the door and sat with him. He turned the engine on and began to drive, still saying nothing to me. Then, about twenty minutes in, it happened.

"So, Louis, how long have you and Ashley been together?"

"About nine months." This is the most awkward thing I have ever done. I hate having to talk to my girlfriend's parents, I always have. Luckily I was already pretty close with Anne, so I didn't have to deal with that. But the dads are always harder to please.

"Oh, I see." he said. A few minutes passed without either of us speaking. I was trying to think of something to say, but I had nothing to talk about with him. I was so freaking nervous.

"Louis, you do realize how sick my daughter is, don't you?"

"Yes, sir, I do. I'm very sorry. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I don't think its best for her... health that she gets to serious right now. I mean, she's in the hospital, and she 's only twenty."

"Oh Sir, you definitely don't have to worry about that. We haven't gotten anywhere close to that and I don't suspect we will for a while." I laughed.

"Hmm, not what I saw when I walked in."

"Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. It's just, I had kind of screwed things up a while back and we had just made up. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. But if you did as you said you did, just remember that if you "screw" things up again, you will be dead." I gulped, remembering the large guns and weapons I had seen on aircraft carriers in movies.

"Relax, Louis. According to Ashley's letters, you won't be doing that again. And I'm hoping she's correct, since I'm not always around to kick your ass if it needs kicking."

"Trust me sir, she can do that all on her own." we both laughed as he turned into Ashley's driveway, parking it. He swiftly got up out of the car and walked up to the door, unlocking it to reveal four crazy boys jumping around the furniture and one scared women standing in the hallway. She looked up at us and gestured to the boys, obviously wanting the two of us to calm them down. I grabbed Harry as he ran past me and everything stopped at once. The room fell silent and everyone stood there quietly.

"Hey Dad." Harry said, walking up in front of his father.

"Hi Son, I see you're enjoying being on break from your tour." he smirked and everyone laughed. I was fairly annoyed with how easy going Mr. Styles was with the rest of the boys and not with me, but then again, I am the boyfriend.

"So Lou, are you and Ashley coming with us tomorrow on the carrier?" Liam asked.

"Yeah. Speaking of which, what time will we be leaving?" I turned to Ashley's dad.

"Oh, well I'll be leaving at around five in the morning, but a car will be sent to pick you all up at the hospital at around nine. You won't need to bring anything, maybe a camera, but nothing else should be needed."

"Alright. Well, I think I'll be going to bed. See you all tomorrow." Anne spoke up from the hallway and began to walk upstairs. It seemed odd to me how she had said nothing to Mr. Styles. I mean, even my parents talked more than this, but I guess some people are just different about how they handle things. The four boys and I all sat down on the long brown sectional in the living room, Mr. Styles still walking around. I can't imagine what he was doing I mean, had something happened recently that he needed to think about? Was it me? He soon came into the living room and I turned my head to face him, flashing a quick smile in the process.

"I think I'll be heading to bed. Have a nice night boys, and don't stay up too late." he said and headed back down the hallway.

"So, I'm a bit confused, what are you all doing here? I thought you weren't getting in until tomorrow?" I asked the boys.

"Well, Harry called us this morning and told us about what his dad was planning, so we booked an earlier flight so we could join you all." Niall said, setting his phone down so he could engage in the conversation. I wonder who he was texting.

"Oh okay cool." I yawned. It had been a long day and I was a bit tired.

"So Lou, did my dad give you a stern talking to?" Harry lightly punched my arm and all the boys turned to face me, obviously interested in the subject.

"Yeah, it was.. interesting." I said, remembering the conversation in the car and the events at the hospital.

"How so?" Zayn asked from the other end of the couch.

"Well.. he kinda walked in on Bo and I... you know.." I did not want to tell them we were making out. They would seriously make fun of me, but I knew they would figure it out.

"You two were making out? Man Lou, that's badass! He must hate you!"

"Goodnight mates." I got up from the couch and ran upstairs before they could ask any more questions. I heard laughing from downstairs and I began to chuckle myself. It was quite funny now that I think back on it.

I opened the door to Ashley's bedroom and found her bed, still unmade. It hurt me knowing that she hadn't been home in days, and now I was sleeping in her bed, without her. I pulled my shirt off and slipped on a pair of my sweats before crawling in on the side I usually slept on, grabbing her pillow and holding it close. I inhaled her scent deeply, just thinking about her made me want to cry. She was in that hospital. All alone. But I wouldn't cry. I had already cried enough, and I needed to be strong, because it's my job to look after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Okay so this chapter was really bad, but it was pretty funny! I knew bringing her dad back would make the story less tense. Plus she is finally getting out of the hospital. Now, if you think someone with cancer has to stay in the hospital 24/7, you're wrong. Sadly, I have a few friends that have leukemia (like Ashley does) and they are home quite often. So please, don't tell me that she can't leave the hospital, because she can. :) anyways, I am having major Louis feels today and if I had more time I probably would've written more! Please forgive me! Love you all, remember to VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE! Xoxo -Katie)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

77.5K 1.1K 76
Diana styles it's the young sister of the pop star and member of one direction Harry styles . She had a rough past , that she's too embarrassed to t...
2.2K 233 48
Ellie Christiansan is an eighteen year old girl who moved to London with her friends. Then she meets some, interesting people in an, interesting way...
125K 1.5K 29
Hi my name is Megan Marie Payne and i'm Liam Payne's adopted 7 year old sister.
1.3K 5 63
Leah and Harry are siblings, but when their parents die suddenly, Harry runs, leaving Leah with a friend. years later they find each other again, the...