Royal Lethality

By CloudyXAutumn

"I'll be taking back what's rightfully mine, Katsuki." "W-what...? How?! You're supposed to be!-" "Silence." ... More

Prior
Childhood
Dukal Family
Neglect
Aizawa
Attempt(s)
UA
Getting Along
Investigation
Speculation
Heroes vs Villain Training
Decision
Silence.
A Lead
USJ
Kidnapping
Hell
Unleashed.
Escape
Upgrade
Diary
Dragon
Use
The Book
Training Dummies
New info
Tomura
AFO
Banquet
Duke Sus
Eri
Public reputation
Traveling
Queen
Reconciliation

Alarm

2.5K 158 98
By CloudyXAutumn

...

Izuku stood up, panicked.
"Really???

Isn't this supposed to be the 2nd most secure place in the empire...???

Looks like we need to upgrade security"
He walked out with the crowd.

Izuku glanced out the large window and noticed something strange.
For a security breach, how come there wasn't any actual threats...?

Just annoying newspaper gossipers had somehow crossed over the gates that were quirk sealed.

Izuku walked through the crowd and forced himself outside, since he was a member of the royal family he could take charge as he saw fit.

He found Aizawa with another staff member who looked to be the human representation of a cockatoo.

"What is going on?"
He asked as he startled them unintentionally.

"Ah!- your highness"
The yellow haired man jolted, startled.

"It's nothing serious your highness, I apologize for not being able to adequately deal with these trespassers in time."
Aizawa sighed.

"...they managed to breach quirk guarded security and guards...
Aizawa sensei.

Don't you think that's a little strange for mere news reporters...? They don't have the power to do it, they all come from low ranking nobles families so we know their quirks also couldn't be the cause...

Something is off"
He whispered.

Aizawa's eyes widened, Izuku was right.
"Your ma-"

Izuku stepped up and glanced at the nearest reporter to him.
"You."
He pointed at them.

They stated startled, the crown prince was speaking to them...

"Yes your highness...?"
They gulped.

"How did you bypass security?"

"Bypass security...?

I apologize your highness but we were told that we were allowed to get an interview with some of the students here by this man, he was in a cloak...
He helped us in and left shortly after."

"A man in a cloak? I need a better description."

"I couldn't see much but he had light blue hair...
Also a scar on his lip."

"And he supposedly just left after telling you that you could bypass security for no good reason?
..."
Izuku stared a bit dumbstruck.

"...we really wanted an interview..."

"Which direction did he leave?"

"...uh"
They pointed towards the institution, inside...

"He went inside...?!"

They slowly nodded their head.

Panic struck Izuku, he knew of only 2 good reasons someone could cook up a scheme like this.

He bolted, "sorry for the jolt you'll feel!"
He shouted as he sped inside through the front door.

"Whoever this is can only be here for 1 of 2 reasons.

Assassinating either I or Kacchan

Or

Stealing valuable information from the principal office and records room of this building...

If Kacchan dies, it'll be the end of my life as I know it. Dad favors him so I imagine my treatment will only worsen after he dies.

So I can't have that happen.

He should be able to defend himself with how many guards and training he has.

Wait...

Am I the target?

I'm the crown prince...

I have a higher chance and it could easily be one of the assassins that dad sends.

But dad wouldn't ever put the entire institution at risk, it looks bad on him...

Seeing as how I haven't been attacked yet, I assumption is the records room and principal's office is being stolen from"
Izuku slammed the principal's door wide open and locked eyes with a cloaked figure.

He had dark red eyes and fit the description previously given by the news reporter.

"HEY"
Izuku immediately released his presence, making him drop the file he had in hand.

However before Izuku could even try anything he, the cloaked man, was warped out by a purple smoke before Izuku even had the chance.

Izuku concealed his presence and frowned

He grabbed the file dropped on the floor, it was his and Katsuki's file...
He clenched his jaw as he held onto it tight and ran back outside to Aizawa.

The news reporters had already been ushered out by the time Izuku had made it.

"Your highness what's wrong?? What the paper in your hand?? Is everything okay??"
The human cockatoo spoke in concern, present mic was his name.

"no.
The news reporter were a distraction.

...I found the cloaked figure the news reporter had described.
He had been holding this file but he dropped it when I released my presence...

But then he escaped through a portal, a quirk."
Izuku sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Was he holding the file you have in hand right now?"
Aizawa asked.

Izuku nodded his head, "it's a file about Kacchan and I..."

"So whoever this was is targeting the imperial family..."

"Obviously so..."

"How would you like us to treat the situation your highness?"
Aizawa asked.

"Don't allow for the general public to know about the situation, they'll obviously ask questions so I'm requesting you come up with a form of excuse.
Secondly, report the situation to the royal Duke and my father. They're the ones that are in charge of handling the situation.

Also.
Seeing as how the protective barrier around the school was taken down, unless another one can safely be put up now, send everyone home. Anyone with a strong enough quirk can go through the guards we have placed around so it's not that safe."
Izuku replied, present mic fanboyed in the background.

He just looked so "professional".

"The quirk barrier was put up by his royal highness the emperor with the power bestowed upon him.
We most definitely won't be able to get one up right now.

I shall execute your plan as you see fit, I will go to the principal and inform him of your command"
Present mic stated as he waved his hand and walked away.

Aizawa glanced at Izuku, "do you think it's one of the assassins ployed against you?"
He asked.

Izuku shook his head, "no, Kacchan was also a target today which is hardly ever the case.
This might actually be a real threat for the neighboring kingdom.
I'll confirm it once I arrive home.

I have a speculation that seems to be likely."

"If you do find the speculation to be true, what shall you do?"

"Inform my mother so she can properly inform my father."

"Understood"

Carriages were quick to arrive for the noble families that had to leave the school,  the houses were informed through an emergency messaging system via quirk.

Surprisingly, even Izuku was sent his own personal carriage.

Aizawa had to stay behind on the scene as Izuku went back to the Empiral palace so he could inform his mother on what happened.

Not to mention, while he was strong enough to handle assassins on his own, this was the neighboring enemy that was targeting for once.
Izuku had to play it safe.

"Izuku what's going on?"
Inko asked as she watched both her sons walk into the palace.
It was way too early for them to have arrived back home so early.

"There was an attack at school today. Someone broke in targeting I and Kacchan.
However, not directly. He went to the principals office and tried to steal files but I caught him before that was possible"
Izuku replied.

Katsuki walked off the scene, in search of his father so he could properly inform him on what happened.

"Do you know what he looked like?"
Inko asked.

"Yes and based on the description I have an idea on who it is.
He has light blue hair, 2 scars. 1 on his eye and one on his lip.
His face is covered in eczema and his eyes are red.

Based on this description, I think we both know who it is"
Izuku paused as he stared at his mother, she grew a bit surprised.

"The crown prince of the enemy country...
Tomura Shigaraki"

They said in unison.

"How could they send the crown prince into direct enemy territory? Especially with how they don't know our strengths, they were really gambling there"
Inko stated in dismay.

"No, they had back up...
Before I could subdue him, a warp gate came and took him."

"So that's why you haven't captured him.
Hm...
How was he able to break through the quirk barrier set by your father?"

"I assume it's his quirk, Decay.
It's able to disintegrate anything that he can touch and the barrier is touchable."

"That would make sense..."

"Please inform father of the situation. Kacchan doesn't know everything in full detail as he wouldn't allow me to explain"
Izuku sighed.

"I will.
Hm.
Since you're out of school already, could you to the the royal dukal family and also properly inform them.
Oh and after continue to work on the investigation, remember your cousin is still apart of those missing."

"Understood, I won't waste time"
He left the palace and went back to the carriage that had yet to be returned to its stand.

"Please take mt to the royal dukal family"
Izuku instructed.

The chauffeur listened to instructions and drove him right away.
When he arrived, he walked to endeavor's office.
As a kid, he had visited frequently. Guards didn't, and couldn't, question him when he came to visit.

Being royalty gave him the authority to go anywhere he wanted.

Izuku knocked on his door, he still had manners after all.

"Come in"
Endeavor said.

Izuku walked in, surprisingly endeavor only slightly.
"Greetings your highness, what brings you to my office?"
He stared at him a bit coldy as he sorted through some papers.

"Mother wanted me to personally inform you that UA was attacked today.

The crown prince of the enemy kingdom neighboring us personally came in an attempt to steal information on the Empiral family.

Your presence is requested at UA."

"It was attacked...?
But the quirk barrier...-

Oh, but if it's Shigaraki...

Tch.

Why hasn't shoto come home yet?"

"I wouldn't know.
It shouldn't be an attack that's holding him up though, shigaraki ran at a seconds notice"

"It appears there's carriage traffic.

Hm, whatever. Ill leave now.
I assume his majesty has already departed to the location?"

"He should've"

"Good."
Endeavor stood up, "I'll take my leave"
He walked out, leaving Izuku behind.

"Couldn't the empress just have sent a messanger? Why'd she send the crown prince himself?"
Endeavor thought to himself as he brushed it off.

Izuku left the dukal estate and went off to continue his own investigation.

He walked through the streets with his hood pulled up, he had a couple potential victims in mind.
"I have to go around to all of them to see if any of them have been kidnapped.
If any have, I should be able to find them now."
He stopped by a spot he had gone to earlier in the day.

"Hm...
Kid #6 is missing and so is the owner of the herb shop.
Strange..."

"Hello miss"
He called out to an elderly woman.

"Yes dear?"
She replied, not knowing who she was talking to.

"The herb store owner,
Did you see where he went?"

"He left his stand...?
Strange... He never leaves his post.

I'm sorry dear, I don't know where he's gone"

"It's fine madam, thanks for the help"

"So a kid who shouldn't be missing is missing and so is the owner of an herb store.

Hm.

Something's suspicious."
He walked back into the herb store and looked around for any clues.

"Scratches on the bottom edge of this counter...

As if someone had been holding on for dear life while being dragged away.

Hm"
He walked to the cash register and found a drawer.
He pulled it out and found a small notebook.

He took it and inside he found some things he was glad he found out about for the sake of the investigation ut is sad that he found out about them to begin with.

"Black market locations...
So many...

All around the empire...

But with this notebook, I won't have to be the one to take them all down.

That's endeavor's job. I'm just in charge of gathering as much Intel as possible.

Wait what's that noise..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 8.2K 38
~Completed~ ghast·ly ˈɡas(t)lē/Submit adjective 1. causing great horror or fear; frightful or macabre. - You are one of the League of Villain's top v...
98.8K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
105K 2.2K 22
Izuku Midoriya has never felt more confused. Being a villain has taught him to never get attached to anyone, because they'll either end up betrayi...
444K 10.4K 29
This is a Fanfiction based off of BNHA, or My Hero Academia. Instead of a reality where the main character, Izuku Midoriya, is born without a quirk...