adjust [ httyd² ]

By SUJU_Shawol

she was the bright star that guided his way. he was the one person who could break her walls down. she is try... More

intro
ᛋᛅᚱᚬ
⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩⧌⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩
ᚬᚾᛅ
ᛏᚢᚬ
ᚦᚱᛅᛅ
ᚠᚬᚢᛦ
ᛋᛁᚴᛋ
ᛋᛅᚢᛅᚾ
ᛅᛁᚴᚼᛏ
ᚾᛁᚾᛅ
⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩⧌⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩
ᛏᛅᚾ
ᛅᛚᛅᚢᛅᚾ
ᛏᚢᛁᛚᚢᛁ
ᚦᛁᚱᛏᛁᛁᚾ
ᚠᚬᚢᚱᛏᛁᛁᚾ
ᚠᛁᚠᛏᛁᛁᚾ
ᛋᛁᚴᛋᛏᛁᛁᚾ
ᚠᛁᚾ
graphics

ᚠᛁᚢᛅ

383 22 15
By SUJU_Shawol

five

AS MUCH AS ALORA ENJOYED THE VIEW, SHE KNEW THAT THERE WAS STILL ONE QUESTION THAT WAS RUNNING THROUGH HERS AND HICCUP'S HEAD.

"Where are we?" she asked.

The woman smiled and walked back to the edge.

"We are in the home," she glanced down, "of the great Bewilderbeast."

The couple looked down and saw a massive white dragon with two long horns.

"Every nest has a queen, but this is the king of all dragons."

Hiccup and Alora sharply looked at each other. Suddenly their minds went back to years ago, when they had saved the egg from Krogan and Johann. Alora peered down and knew that it must've been the dragon from that egg.

"With his icy breath, this graceful giant built our nest, a safe haven for dragons everywhere."

"I know someone else who has an icy breath," Hiccup muttered. "Doesn't smell very good though."

"I heard that."

"Good, you were supposed to."

"That's my line!" Alora gritted through her teeth.

"We all live under his care," the woman continued, causing both of the young adults to straighten up and keep quiet. "And his command. . . Well, all but the babies of course. They listen to no one."

The beast suddenly stood up and the couple was face-to-face with the turquoise eyed dragon. Alora even saw Toothless bow to him. But Hiccup stood up, staring at it in awe. She smiled and leaned in closer to him.

"I've lived among them for twenty years, Hiccup, discovering their secrets."

Suddenly it blew a cold breeze, causing the couple to be covered in snow.

"He likes you."

I always liked to think that it remembered us. It remembered that your father had saved him. That we protected it.

"You two must be hungry."

"Uh, yeah I could eat," Hiccup said. "Aly?"

"I had lunch earlier, but I wouldn't turn down any free food."

"Good. It's feeding time."

'Why am I getting the feeling that the food's not for us?' she thought.

There were so many things running through Alora's head and she had just wrapped her thoughts around the fact that she was here. With Hiccup. With Toothless. With Astrid and all her other friends. She had just found out she is engaged to the love of her life.

Only she feels as though she doesn't know him as well as she thought anymore.

As soon as she saw the Bewilderbeast shoot fish from its mouth, she automatically knew that it was for the dragons. She trailed behind the Haddocks and basically stayed out of their way. This was a special moment for her partner and if it were the other way around, he'd probably feel distant too.

She sighed as she thought about her birth mother. The woman who's name she doesn't even remember. When she was back on her Earth, Alora found the crystal from her memories. She had gotten to see her father. Just not her mother. She thought of Kara — the first Supergirl — who had taken her in and claimed her as a Zor-El. Then she thought about Ray and Nora, and though the background story was full of lies, they were the ones who raised her the longest. Sixteen years under their roof and Alora enjoyed every moment.

So was she a bit jealous seeing Hiccup and his mom? Yes. Did she feel guilty about those feelings? Most definitely. She shook her guilty thoughts away and laid on the snowy ground. She closed her eyes and tried to shut out all sound from the world. . .

"ALY!"

She opened her eyes and saw her partner waving at her. She flew towards them and when she looked at Toothless, she noticed something. . .different.

"When did he. . .?"

Toothless smiled as he opened and closed the small fins on his back. She laughed and said, "I love them."

"How are you doing that?" Hiccup's mother asked.

"Huh? Oh, uh," Alora looked at her flying state. "Well, everyone from Krypton has powers. But eventually you drain, and so everyday I have to 'bathe' in the sun just to keep them."

"Interesting," she said.

"Let's go," Hiccup told her, patting the back of his saddle. She lowered herself down and placed herself behind him.

Then, they took off back towards the icy haven.

When they got back, Hiccup told Alora about how he had warned his mother about Drago's dragon army. He said that his mother repeated the same words that his father did and so, he decided that he was going to go after him.

Of course, Alora told him how stupid that plan was. . .and then said she was going with him. As they got ready, Alora suddenly heard footsteps behind them. Heavy footsteps.

She turned around, eyes glowing red. . .until she saw who it was.

"Are you kidding me?" Hiccup whispered. "How'd you get in here?!"

"The same way we're getting you out," Stoick said.

"'We'?!"

"All clear!" Gobber said, coming out from the cave.

"Toothless, Aly, come."

The dragon and the Kryptonian followed after them, but suddenly Alora remembered something very important.

"D-Dad, there's-there's something you need to know," Hiccup said.

"Tell me on the way."

"Well this isn't an 'on the way' kind of update."

"I've heard enough, Hiccup."

"More-More of the earth-shattering development variety."

"Just add it to the pile."

"Dad, unlike most surprises I spring on you, this is one you'll like, I promise. You just have to handle it delicately. So. . ."

When Alora caught up, she saw Gobber walking back and Stoick standing in front of his to-be-told dead wife. She watched as the sword fell to the ground. Alora stood in the middle between the two men as they watched the two interact.

"This is why I never married," Gobber said. "This, and one other reason."

Alora gave him a look that said, 'Really?'

She looked at Hiccup. A lot of things had changed, and that made Alora question, should she have even come back?

Well if you hadn't, we wouldn't have been born.

I know Hicc, but I was young and feeling out of place. I didn't know where I stood. Thankfully, your father reminded me.

They went back to another area, Alora assumed it was a kitchen. Hiccup looked at his partner and pulled her aside before they went in.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"N-Nothing."

"Crinkle," he said, pointing to the area between her eyebrows.

"I do not have a crinkle!"

"You know, I've been thinking," he said, fiddling with her fingers, "I think you need to change your last name."

"M-My last name?" she said.

"Yeah, Zor-El/Danvers/San-Jox/Palmer, just pick one."

"Uh. . ." Alora was terribly confused.

"Oh, I have a better suggestion," he said, looking into her eyes. "Alora Haddock's got a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

A smile stretched across her face.

"Alora Danvers Haddock," she said. "Hiccup what. . .?"

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "We've waited long enough."

"When you two lovebirds are done, mind helping out in here?" Gobber asked.

Alora bit her lip and hugged his waist, pulling him towards her.

"Whoa, who knew you could be so affectionate."

"You know what, why don't you go to your mother and tell her all of the wonderful things you've done."

"Oh Thor."

"Like impersonating your dad on a daily basis or telling her about the times you tested out that wingsuit and almost died, or maybe when you accidentally ate a dish that had been served for the dragons," Alora said. "Maybe tell her about the islands you've crash landed into."

Hiccup playfully pushed her aside and started talking to his parents.

"So. . .?" Gobber said. "Should I be expecting a wedding sometime soon?"

Alora snorted.

"Gobber, we literally just agreed to be betrothed. So right now, a wedding isn't on our minds just yet. But um, I have a question."

"What?"

"What's Hiccup's mother's name?"

Gobber gave her a baffled look.

"He never told you her name?!"

"Of course not! No one told me anything on the Edge!"

"Valka."

"'Valka'," she repeated. "That's a beautiful name."

Alora looked at her now-fiancé as he was bouncing around in excitement, telling his mother about how much Berk had changed. She laughed. As she looked at the three person family, she couldn't help but think about her own family. Not the ones back in the DEO, but her own children. She had at least had the thought of having children with Hiccup. She had different visions of how they would look.

And now, she did have that chance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.4K 11
The original One Direction facts book.
11.3K 214 34
After my father's dead, I had developed a great hatred for every orc, especially one. Azog, the Defiller. He was the worst of his entire kin and had...
1.7K 60 10
"I'm just a fragment of your reality." "A fragment? Are you fucking joking? Then why does it hurt me so goddamn much when you left without even sayin...
183K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...