Lily

By rising-from-ashes

UNFINISHED, BEING REWRITTEN - "And Now I'm Covered In You" (Sequel to The Finder That Couldn't Be Found) Boo... More

Lily
Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen:
Chapter Fifteen:
Chapter Sixteen:
Chapter Seventeen:
Chapter Eighteen:
Chapter Nineteen:
Chapter Twenty:
Chapter Twenty One:
Chapter Twenty Two:
Chapter Twenty Three:
Chapter Twenty Four:
Chapter Twenty Five:
Chapter Twenty Six:
Chapter Twenty Seven:
Chapter Twenty Eight:
Chapter Twenty Nine:
Chapter Thirty:
Chapter Thirty One:
Chapter Thirty Two:
Chapter Thirty Three:
Chapter Thirty Four:
Chapter Thirty Five:
Chapter Thirty Six:
Chapter Thirty Seven:
Chapter Thirty Eight:
Chapter Thirty Nine:
Chapter Forty:
Chapter Forty One:
Chapter Forty Two:
Chapter Forty Three:
Chapter Forty Four:
Chapter Forty Five:
Chapter Forty Six:
Chapter Forty Seven:
Chapter Forty Eight:
Chapter Forty Nine:
Chapter Fifty:
Chapter Fifty One:
Chapter Fifty Three:
Chapter Fifty Four:
Chapter Fifty Five:
Chapter Fifty Six:
Chapter Fifty Seven:

Chapter Fifty Two:

121 11 0
By rising-from-ashes

Lily was a bit nervous for her date. She changed her outfit twice before Hermione said that she looked great, and forced her out of their dorm. Lily fidgeted with her hands as she waited outside her dorm, having gotten ready early. After a few seconds of waiting, she decided she would surprise Hayden and head to the Slytherin Common Room instead.

She began the walk, clutching her wand to her side in secret when she entered the dungeons, just in case. She was almost to the entrance to their common room when she heard her name called.

"Lily?" Draco asked, surprised to see her, "What're you doing down here? Were you looking for me?"

He looked a bit flushed, but Lily didn't comment on it.

"Um, no, sorry." She said, "I was going to wait for my date here."

Draco's face fell blank.

"Oh." He said, "You have a... date."

"Yeah." Lily replied, suddenly feeling super nervous, "With Hayden."

"Hayden Riles?" Draco asked.

"Yes."

"I didn't know you knew Hayden." He frowned.

"We met when I was looking for some friends in Slytherin." Lily explained.

"Even though I warned you about that?"

"Oh, yeah... sorry." Lily apologized.

Draco didn't answer right away.

"So you like girls?" He asked, not maintaining eye contact.

"Um, I'm not sure." Lily replied honestly, "But I've never been on a date before, so..."

"Right." Draco said, leaning against the wall.

"W-what're you doing?" Lily asked him.

"Waiting with you until she gets here." He said, "I wouldn't want you ambushed by the sixth years or anything."

"Yeah... that's actually how we met." Lily said, before immediately regretting it.

"You were attacked?! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"No! I mean, yes I was technically attacked, but Hayden helped me... and I might've punched one of them... in the face... oh god, I'm violent."

"You punched someone?" Draco looked absolutely puzzled.

"He called my parents cowards." Lily mumbled.

"I'm sorry." Draco said, "That's not right."

"Yeah." She agreed.

There was an awkward silence between them for a moment.

"Even after being attacked, you still chose to come down here?" Draco asked her.

"Well, I did have my wand ready." Lily admitted, "But yeah."

"Bloody Gryffindors." Draco sighed.

"Hey!" Lily said, offended.

"I mean, you're all so brave." He added, "Recklessly so sometimes."

"You think I'm brave?" Lily asked, heart warming.

"Of course I do." Draco nodded, "You're like the bravest person I know."

"...oh... thank you." She said genuinely.

"It's true." Was all Draco had left to say.

"Hey Lily!" Hayden called, walking up to them, "And uh, hi Draco."

"Riles."

"Are you ready to go?" Hayden asked Lily.

Lily suddenly felt like she was being torn in two. Unable to find her words, she merely nodded.

"Great! Um, see you around then, Draco." Hayden said, before taking Lily's hand and pulling her away.

Draco glared at their intertwined hands, but didn't say anything else. Lily followed Hayden out of the dungeons and to the carriages that would be taking them to Hogsmeade.

"So..." Hayden said, "Um, what do you want to do first? When we get there?"

"I didn't really have anything in mind." Lily said, "Whatever you want to do is fine by me."

"Okay."

The girls boarded a carriage and were off. Lily kept getting distracted during the ride by the beauty of the thestrals pulling the carriage. At first, Hayden shrugged it off, but after a few time of catching her date mesmerized by nothing but air, she spoke up.

"What're you looking at?" She asked.

Lily jumped.

"Oh, sorry! The thestrals." She said.

"The what?" Hayden scrunched up her face.

"They're magical creatures that pull the carriages, only they're invisible to most people."

"How can you see them then?" Hayden asked her.

"...well, they can be seen by those who have witnessed death." Lily said.

"Oh my Merlin, I'm so sorry." Hayden apologized.

Lily didn't know what to say, so she just nodded.

"It must've been terrifying... being there, last year."

"It was." Lily shuddered.

Hayden opened her mouth for a moment before closing it again. Lily waited patiently for her to find her words.

"My dad was there." Hayden said.

Lily was now the one at a loss for words.

"My parents are divorced, but I still see him on the weekends over the summer. He didn't tell me, but I know he was there. He was a Death Eater back before, and I know he's one again."

"I'm sorry." Lily said.

"Don't be." Hayden shook her head with a bitter laugh, "He's a shit dad. He's going to get what's coming for him when your brother defeats the Dark- defeats V-Voldemort."

"Yeah... I only wish the adults could be the ones doing the defeating." Lily said.

"Harry will win." Hayden said confidently, "In the end. So you don't need to worry about your brother that much."

"I don't think I'll ever stop worrying over Harry." Lily sighed.

"It must be nice, having a brother." Hayden mused, "I'm an only child."

"It's nice... and terrifying." Lily answered truthfully.

Hayden laughed. The carriage pulled to a stop, and the two girls climbed out.

"Are they friendly? The thestrals?" Hayden asked.

"Yes, as long as we don't spook them." Lily replied.

"Could you- could you show me?" Hayden asked.

Lily took Hayden's hand and gently guided it over to the thestral, to stroke his mane.

"Wicked." She mumbled, and Lily grinned.

They left the thestrals behind and Lily followed Hayden to the Three Broomsticks where they had lunch together. After that, they walked around the village together, laughing and telling jokes. They came to a stop by the fence that protected the Shrieking Shack.

"I've been in there." Lily pointed.

"The Shrieking Shack?!" Hayden gasped, "When?! Why?!"

"Um, third year. To help Harry with... stuff." Lily answered vaguely, not wanting to give away information on Sirius.

"Wow, is it really haunted by a screaming ghost?" Hayden asked her.

"No."

"Then what used to make the noises?"

"Um, our old Defense professor." Lily answered.

"Lupin?"

"Yeah."

"Oh god. I feel so bad. All those years he had to transform alone." Hayden said sympathetically.

"He wasn't always alone." Lily said before she could stop herself.

"Really?"

"He had friends who helped him. My dad being one, actually."

"That's so nice! Wait- isn't Lupin your godfather or something?" Hayden said.

"Yes." Lily nodded, "Remus and Logan are my godparents."

"That's so cool! My godparents are some cranky old people that I barely ever see." Hayden said.

Lily laughed.

"They are really kind." She agreed, "They sent me letters when I was growing up, with drawings from Lena."

"Aww!"

"Of course, there were a couple years when I didn't get the letters, because- well, because everyone thought I was d-dead." Lily said.

"I did hear about that." Hayden said, looking at her sadly.

"But I get letters from them again now, so it's okay." Lily said quickly.

"I can't imagine going through half the things you've been through." Hayden said, "How do you do it? And still end up so... amazing?"

Lily blushed at the compliment.

"Thank you." She said, "And I don't know. I just survive, I suppose."

"Well I'm glad you did." Hayden smiled warmly.

Lily smiled as well, looking at the Shrieking Shack in the distance.

"Lily?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I kiss you?" Hayden asked her.

Lily looked at her surprised. She had completely forgotten that they were supposed to be on a date.

"I-I'm really sorry, but I'm not entirely sure if I- if-"

"You like me back?" Hayden guessed.

"I'm sorry." Lily repeated.

"Lily, you don't need to apologize." Hayden said, shaking off her disappointment.

"I didn't mean to lead you on or anything though, I really didn't know whether I liked you or not."

"It's okay." Hayden said, "I understand. You can't make yourself like someone, that's not how it works."

"I hope we can still be friends though, because I really like hanging out with you." Lily said.

"I'd be honored to be your friend."

"Can I- can I give you a hug?" Lily asked, a bit meekly.

"Sure." Hayden said.

She opened her arms to the embrace.

"You're an amazing girl Lily." Hayden said, "And one day you're going to find an amazing person to be with... They better be amazing, or I'm hexing them for you."

Lily laughed and pulled back.

"Thank you for being so kind, Hayden."

"Hey." Hayden bumped her arm with her own, "It's just a part of my amazing personality."

"I hope you find a great partner one day too." Lily said.

"Me too." Hayden agreed.

They stayed there for a few moments longer before turning back and heading towards the shops again.

"I had fun today, even if nothing else came out of it." Hayden said, "I'm glad we're friends."

"Agreed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390 53 43
"I long to escape into a story that has not been written." Saoirse Finnigan is the twin sister of Seamus Finnigan. The two could not be any more diff...
46.3K 784 34
||COMPLETED|UNDER EDITING|| Sure, you've all heard of the all famous Harry Potter and how he found the Sorcerer's Stone, discovered the Chamber of...
187K 5.6K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
1.9K 41 7
Arya Gerasimov lost her twin sister at a young age to Death eaters and has lived in the dark for a long time, not knowing much about the outside worl...