SATAN'S CHILD

By LittleRedHen_

If you were hit by a truck and someone or somewhat saved you from dying, what would you do? More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
THE DEAL
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
Chapter 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTERS 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
Greetings

CHAPTER 30

124 9 0
By LittleRedHen_

I knocked on the door three times and waited for the person inside to answer. Like always, I'm holding a tray in my hand, but these past few days, me and V are in cold war. Or rather, I'm giving him a cold shoulder, as I should. The matter between us that includes my cousin still hasn't died down. I'm still mad at him for locking me inside my room and forbidding me to meet Eclipsa again or Jennie for that matter. That's why I can stood my ground and not talk to him though I probably should because he's my master.

"Come in.." says the devil breathing inside the room. I rolled my eyes and the guard seems to saw it because he flinch when I turn to look at him. Well, glare at his direction. Poor him, his not part of this  war yet he's also affected. Sigh. But I'm not to blame, am I?

Nevertheless, I opened the door and went inside with straight face, not even bothering to look around. I just dragged my feet to where the table is and dropped the food on top of it. Though, I hate V at this moment, I'm still eating with him on one table. It's quiet because none of us is talking but it's not awkward, I also don't feel like yielding for now.  Not until he finally spill the word and apologize.

"Are you still mad?" V asked the moment I finished setting up our dining table. I know he's been cautiously watching my moves but I choose to ignore it. As well as his question. I heard him sighed, not liking my silent treatment to him like usual. Serves him right.

We eat in silence, the clattering of utensils are the only sound than can be heard. And also the sound of wings flapping that I just noticed now after all the times I've been here. Come to think of it, have I ever seen V's wings. Or does he have one? I guess he do have wings, just don't want to show it to me. Tsk. Add another reason to be pissed about this fucking devil.

"If you're just going to play with food, step away from the table.." he warned not even bothering to stop munching his food or looking at me as he speak.

I clenched my jaw, unknowingly, I happen to stab may fork at the meat with force. Making V misunderstand and think that I'm just playing here. He's half correct because I don't really have the appetite to eat. I'm just here to show respect for him and the food that Isabella cooked. Again, the room fell in silence. But not for long since V is talkative today!

"We're going outside the palace, and you're coming wether you like it or not.." he demanded, leaving no room for argument.

I gritted my teeth but restrain myself from answering that back since I know it will only make everything worse and we'll end up arguing again, senseless. My body is giving up and I'm feeling drained due to our argument before, I don't feel like repeating it any longer. I'll just keep my mouth shut and do whatever he wants until he decided to apologize. If he did then maybe I'd open this mouth again and talk to him. That's all I needed but he's too selfish and arrogant to give it to me. Sigh.

What did I do wrong really? What did I do to deserve such treatment from him. All I know is that my memory with my cousin is back and there's nothing wrong with that. Unless it's not really a memory and the images I saw back then are just a form of sorcery, but I know, my heart tells me what I saw back then are truth. Meaning, I've been here before. Those memories are created in here so why am I in the human's world instead of here. Great! Another mystery that's yet to discover. And worst, it is only Eclipsa that I know, this makes me question if ever I'm acquainted with anybody else.

Soon enough V and I are done eating. I only noticed it when V stood up because I'm too lost with my own thoughts to even bother be aware of my surrounding. Without muttering a single word, I also stood up and cleaned the table, then I left as quietly as I entered the place. My walk back to the kitchen to deliver the used plates was silent. I met Jaeshik on the way but I only gave him a slight smile then hang my head down. All the way my mind was blank. Nothing seem to pop inside my head. It's just....empty... Sigh.

Time flies fast when you least expected it, just like now. We're already sitting inside a carriage and preparing to leave the palace. I still refused to talk that's why the room is floating in silence. Inside this carriage, I am with V, he's sitting across my chair, giving him full access to stare at my face! Just like what he's doing ever since he sat down on that chair. Tch! What's worst is Mark's with us. He seems to notice the cold war going on between V and me but he keeps his mouth shut. As he should!

Jimin and his family is also coming but they're on a different carriage, considering that one carriage is cramped with all of us inside. The Queen stayed in the castle because she's still not used to going out. As much as I want her to tag along, I can't make her do things she does not like so I was left with no choice but to understand her reason. I would really love it if she comes with us though. I sighed.

Nevertheless, in a matter of minutes, the vehicle is now running. It didn't took long until we reached the said place. Once we're out, the crowd began to cheer and get loud. Filling my ears with their ear-splitting yells. They greeted V with genuine actions, and as I watched them, I felt proud. But I quickly looked away when V turn his eyesight to my direction. I busied myself with anything else other than watching him. Damn! I'm supposed to be angry!

As I explore aroun the place, the intense stares from the citizens makes me stiff and uncomfortable. I know their reason is because I'm not like them. I'm not a devil and I understand the way they look at me. It has always been like this. Just like the my first day as V's personal servant. I tried ignoring them and focus, however, it still makes me fidget with anxiety. Their stares soon subsided once they get used to seeing me.

People in this town loved V and respect him as their king, that's what I noticed the longer we stay here. Some maybe giving him judging looks but they are few and was quickly outnumbered by the people who likes V. Also, the town folks welcome us as if we're just normal citizens. I heard that V doesn't like special treatment just because he's the king, and that's just makes my heart flutter. As much as I don't want it to.

***

I watched the people in this town busied themselves with the preparation for their festival. I was with a devil living in here earlier and she told me that this festival is to welcome their King, they do this everytime the King visit. As much as V wants to have a peaceful visit, this town loves to greet him with a lively festival. I was smiling like an idiot realizing that V is humble when it comes to his people.

"Why are you sitting alone in the dark?" My body jumped a little when out of nowhere a devil appeared and disturbed the silence.

I let out a sigh of relief because I thought it was someone I didn't know. It was just Mark, thank goodness. He sat down beside me on a bench. "Nothing. How about you? Why are you here?" I turn the question to him.

"They're too loud in there. I don't like it.." he snorted and I smiled at that.

"Then why did you still come? I know you know this will happen.."

He just shrugged his shoulders, I sighed at that then just let the topic go. Mark and I sat there in silence for at least half an hour until he decided to stood up and leave. He must've been bored doing nothing but watching the people do their things. I can't blame him for feeling that because I too feel the same way. I just hide it since I don't want to be rude to anyone.

After Mark left, it didn't took long before he was replaced. I think he purposely look for me so that he have something to report to his big brother. How stupidly loyal to his king. My face became bitter when V appeared and sat on where Mark was sitting before. We were like strangers sitting on one bench due to our silence. V broke it eventually by letting out a heavy sigh followed by the words I've been wanting him to say from the very start of our cold war.

"I apologize for what I said back then.." V said. I can almost hear the reluctancy in his sentence as if he doesn't really want to say the words that left his mouth just now.

I rolled my eyes, it was dark so I think he didn't see. "You're sincerity is not enough, Your Majesty.." I replied with a hint of annoyance.

"Oh. So the log can talk?"

"Fuck you..." I bluntly answer in a speed of light. Most likely, my head would be separated from my body by virtue of cussing the King of Hell. The thought never scare me though.

For the first time ever since we stopped talking to each other, V burst out a laugh. I was dumbfounded because of that. V took a lot of time before he calm down, he almost run out of air. Serves him right if he did. After he was satisfied, V inhale a big amount of air and flashed me a slight smile. I look away from him due to my heart beating in rapid pace. I'm really supposed to be angry right now. I haven't forgiven him for keeping me in solitude.

I heard him sigh once more. "I'm really sorry about that. I'm just anxious about her being around you."

"It's not fine but I forgive you.." I finally gave in, like him, I also don't want to stay silent forever. Hence, I finally smiled again at him. "What was your reason?"

"I can't tell you.."

"You know, I too have something I know but if you refuse to tell me why you hate her being around me then I will not say it to you as well."

"What!?"

I just shrugged my shoulders, pretending that I didn't hear him. V was curious for a moment but eventually he decided to ignore what I said. Seems like he really doesn't want me to know his reason, therefore, I will also not tell him that I know Eclipsa is my cousin. That's a shame, I really want to ask him if he knows anything about my past.

The preparation for the festival finally ended, V ushered me to get up and follow him, thus I don't have a choice but to listen. The people became livelier than before, the children are scattering around the place, exploring everything they see. Of course, there are adults who are accompanying them. In the middle of the road a banquet is being held. The people invited us to dig in and help ourselves. It's shameful but I didn't hesitate to do so, V shook his head in disbelief and I ignore him.

After eating, I was taking my time to rest while sitting on a chair and watching the couple of people dance with their partners. It was calming in the eyes to see them twirl and follow the rhythm of the music with happy smiles. A sign that they are contented of what they have. I was contaminated by their happy faces causing me to look stupid, smiling widely. I was already satisfied with just watching them but then V appeared and took me in the middle of the dancing area.

My body was stiffed as people cheer for us to dance. I also spotted Mark in the midst of the crowds, looking as if he's enjoying what's happening. It makes me want to slam his face on the floor. Fuck! Why is this stupid devil King dragged me here anyway!? I raised my head to look at the reason why I'm in here now, he just smile at me. A kind of smile that urge me to punch him. Tsk. He acts familiar with me again because I have forgiven him, suddenly, I regret deciding that.

My eyes widened when I felt V's strong arms snake my waist. The burning feeling arises instantly. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers. The beating heart inside my chest wants to come out! My other arm was left hanging so I took that as a sign to put it on his shoulders, unwillingly. I lowered my head with the intention to hide my flustered face. We begin to move, or rather, V begun to sway our bodies. Me on the other hand just follow his movement since I am oblivious to this. I eventually got used on how it was done and soon enough, I don't feel shy anymore. We kept dancing but I still refuse to look at him in the face. The other couples also entered the area and dance with us, making me feel less tense.

As we move our body, I felt V squeeze my hand, so I took the courage to look up at him. My brows furrowed in confusion when I saw him smiling as his eyes was locked on me as if I'm the prettiest woman he's ever seen. It made me blush when I think of that. Damn right, how I hope that it was the case.

"My face will melt like an ice cream if you stare too much, Your Majesty." I pointed out the way he stare at me so he could stop but this hell's ruler didn't seem to budge. I'm the one feeling embarrassed about this. If what he's doing is not a big deal for him, on contrary, it is for me.

"There are no rules that says I'm not allowed to stare at you.." he counterattacked as he spun me around then pull me in his arms and catch my body. I was sure that my face is now covered in red color.

"Please mind that we're outside and public display of affection is not appropriate in the eyes of children"

"That is if I feel affection for you.." V chuckled, but I can't do the same. My heart tightened, it suddenly became hard to breathe. One moment I'm happy then the darkness will suddenly fall.

The words repeatedly echoed inside my mind like a broken cassette. It manage to slash my heart in half and hurt me mentally. I know that V said it casually because he doesn't know that I have a crush on him and he doesn't mean to hurt me but it still inflicted great pain. I just got rejected even without me confessing my feelings. Shit. I feel like crying and breaking down right here but I need to hold it all in to prevent myself from making a big mistake in my life.

My mood instantly dropped down as well as my energy. I suddenly feel tired and weak. I want to run away from here and lock myself in my room, ignoring everyone and just cry everything until it stops from hurting. But I remained standing and pretended like it was not a big deal. I even bitterly chuckled. Now I know I don't have to confess. Seeing that there's no way this fucking feelings of mine will ever be reciprocated. It was like that from the start anyway, what am I expecting? We're just in a master and a bunny relationship, it should've just stayed like that. Why the fuck did I ever let this feeling grow in the first place!?

^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
80.8K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
47K 2.7K 65
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
102K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...