CHAPTER ONE

I woke up with the sound of my mom's snores beside me. It took me a while before I got to adjust at the blinding lights. The birds singing outside gave music to my ears.

I tried moving my head to look around the room but it was hard so I stopped and just stared at the ceiling. It was pure white—actually this room is pure white. The only thing that gives life to this room is the ray of sunlight coming from the open window.

I realized that I'm somehow inside a hospital room with lots of machine connected to my body. It hurts. My body hurts but I feel somehow better than that day I got hit by that truck.

Then my eyes widened upon realizing the conversation I had just before I passed out. It's not actually true right? I mean how is that even possible? It must've been my imagination. Right! Imagination.

Slowly, I regained my strength and manage to sat up on my bed. Of course I tried to be careful. I don't want to wake my mom. I turn to her and put my hand on her head. I gently moved it and rub her head.

She looks pathetic. Eye bags are visible underneath her pretty eyes. Her hair is a mess. I think she became thinner than the last time I saw her. She's on her work suit—the one we bought that day. My mom look miserable.

And I think that's because of me.

Of course it's because of me.

I stopped staring at her when the door suddenly opened, revealing one short little girl who is in her pink bunny onesie. My eyes met her shining brown eyes. And it grew wider and wider when she finally processed that I'm awake.

She dropped her ipad on the ground which made my jaw drop and then..."Jeonggukie!!" She screamed but I quickly motioned her to shut her mouth. She covered it with both of her hands and then nodded.

I sighed in relief. I suddenly heard her squeals and when I turned to her direction, she jumped on me and hugged me tight—which made me winced but I didn't mind. She's fast for a kid as short as her.

"I-I'm sorry...Jeonggukie.." she sobbed. I hugged her tighter and rubbed her hair. One moment she's squealing and the next thing she's sobbing on my chest. "I-I didn't mean to....h-hurt you.." she must be talking about the accident. Poor girl. Blaming herself for something like that.

I continued and rubbing her hair. "Shh. I-It's...okay.." my voice came out a little hoarse from just waking up. "I'm fine.." I assured her.

She let go from hugging me and look at me straight in the eye. "But I hurt you. And I feel bad.." tears stream down her cheeks.

"No no no. Shh. It's fine. Really..." I place a peck on her head and smiled at her. She smiled back at me and hugged me again.

I can't help but to chuckle at her. We just met and I don't even know anything about this girl but she's acting like I am a big part of her life. She is so cute!

Suddenly, I came up with a question. "Uh...Jenny.." I called her.

She lift her head and looked at me with those big doe eyes of hers. "Yes?"

"How long have I been sleeping?"

She put her index finger under her chin and put the other on her chest. She acted like she's thinking and kept on humming 'hmm' repeatedly. I subconsciously pinched her cheeks which made her glare at me. I chuckled at that. This girl is so cute it makes me want to squeeze her!!

"Uhmmm...." She counted on her fingers adorably. "One....two...three—oh!" She showed me her three fingers. "Three days.."