Game Mistress - Your turn to...

By JustAnAnimeFan123

HEAVY SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE GAME!!! Being related to the girl from the memorandum is a free ticket to get t... More

Before we begin
Prologue
Chapter 1: Recruitment list
Chapter 2: Preparations
Chapter 3: Friends
Chapter 4: Just a bit more
Chapter 5: Let the death game begin
Chapter 6: Introductions
Chapter 8: The second trial
Chapter 9: In comparison
Chapter 10: First main game
Mini episode #1
Chapter 11: Face of a winner
Chapter 12: Memory dance

Chapter 7: The laptop

936 41 49
By JustAnAnimeFan123

A/n: Hello hello! I would like to thank you very much for 1k reads and all the votes. I appreciate all of you. Every read, vote and comment means so much to me and it's pushing me to continue this book. I really enjoy writing it and I'm happy to see others enjoy it too.

I'm sorry, this is another uneventful chapter. Since this is chapter 1 in game and it's not really eventful for the floor masters anyway.
___________________________________________

I was currently sitting in the red room. Alice was still sleeping sound in the locker. He should be waking up soon and I should get going.

I was staring at the survival rates.

Those things that are going cause so much chaos, yet at the same time are so meaningless...

If I continue to tell that to myself, maybe I'll start to believe it... That these papers are meaningless...

I'm very aware of how much they actually mean... Not the papers, percentages or occupations... It's the names...

I tore them up all in one go. I should probably do something about them... Maybe put them in a paper cutter from Shin's first trial, I should have done that from the start, What is wrong with me?!

I have walked up to it and looked at the papers again... I saw that a peace was missing, I probably dropped it in the red room. It doesn't matter anyway.

I noticed that without the missing peace it looked like Sara's occupation was 'Murderer'. I laughed slightly at that. I didn't tear up those peaces, just left them in the box with all the other peaces.

Then I remembered that there's a few things to be done.

As a game master, I will support the participants throughout the entirety of the game. That means helping them if they are struggling with something and also supplying them with things necessary for the completion of the game.

I heard a noise coming from the red room. It appears that Alice has woken up. I was starting to think I dropped him way to hard, honestly. What a sleepyhead.

I came in and said "Took you long enough. I was starting to think that you were going to miss the best part." obviously referring to the main game, the most interesting and intense part of this game.

"Who are you?! Locking me up and spouting nonsense about some 'first trial'! Unforgivable!" The prisoner said. "What is with this uniform? And this wracking ball?"

Alice Yabusame, the murder/ex-band member is the one who 'killed' Hiyori due to his lack of self control. He has a tendency to call people by their full name. He also talks in a way that most people would find funny and weird, which is disappointing since most of the words in his vocabulary are in mine too.

If this clown were to win, Asunaro would became a circus. He even outclowns Anzu. I'm not really sure what would become of me in that situation, I just know it most likely won't be good.

"Calling the first person you see your kidnapper... Pathetic way of thinking... Well, if you were to listen to the thing you called nonsense, you would know that you are in fact not the only one here." I explained to him "But nevertheless, I advise you to keep your distance for now." He was right this time, but if it were someone else...

"Ugh! Being called pathetic... Who are you, foolish woman, to call my way of thinking pathetic?!" He yelled.

"You do not need to yell as we are in the same room..." I told him "As for your question... I won't be answering it just yet." I said with a smile and left him there to question his life choices.

On the way out I noticed that the door to the blue room was blocked off by iron bars. This could only mean that it's starting... But I don't feel ready yet.

I cannot enter that room. I stood there, looking at the bars. My body could not move an inch. I was dreading this moment. I don't know why.

Why am I scared to watch this...? It is not like I am the one putting my life on the line... But still... Something about it makes me uneasy...

It is fine... I need to convince myself that everything will be fine... I could just watch from my room.

Buuut... I could also provide Shin Tsukimi with another hint! To let him know of the Main game. I need to do that anyhow, so why not now!

I noticed him in the hallway that lead to the pink room. I called out to him "Hey Sooou! How are you doing?" I was dragging out the 'Sou'.

"It's you again..." He said, putting his hand on his beanie "What is it this time?"

"Oh... Nothing... Just wanted to give you some very useful information!" I said with a smile on my face.

"...Is it about the laptop?" Shin asked me. Laptop?

"Huh?" I said confused "...What laptop?"

There was a laptop somewhere here...? That is not a part of the game. What is on that laptop? Where is that laptop?! Could there be something that could potentially ruin the organization?! Could this be a danger to my game?!

"Hmm..." Shin hummed, snapping me out of my internal panic "You don't know about the laptop...?" He then smiled at me "Nevermind about that. You said you were going to give me valuable information." I see he is really playing the role of Sou Hiyori well.

"I see you are very much in character... 'Sou Hiyori'..." I said coldly "Anyways, I wanted to tell you about the main game. Keep in mind that this information is given to you and only you, however, you are allowed to share it... Just be careful who you're sharing it with..."

"Why just me?" He asked a bit confused.

"A perk of having 0.0%." I answered him "One of the first trials was to scatter cards all over this floor. The card you pick up should determine your role in the main game. There are four roles in total. You have a commoner, the useless card with no perks at all. The keymaster, if the owner of this card is chosen everyone will parish, so look out for that. Then there's the sage, the owner of this card knows the identity of the keymaster via holy divination, but can't lie about it's result. And last role, the sacrifice, if the owner of this card is chosen, they will survive and everyone else, except one person of their choice, will parish."

"You keep mentioning the word 'chosen', what exactly are we chosing?" Shin asked me.

"That..." I debated wether I should tell him or not, I decided against it "...You will find out in the second trial..."

"So..." Shin wanted to say something "...It's safe to say that you're with the kidnappers, right?"

"Shin Tsukimi..." I said in the most trustworthy voice that I could master "I do not wish for you to look at me as an enemy. I am not going against you. I'm here to support you."

"Well, are you ready to tell me who you are?" He had a cheeky grin on his face, doing a great job at imitating Hiyori.

"Not just yet." I told him "But... I promise to tell you if you make it to the main game. We will be seeing a lot of each other from there on. Now about that laptop-" He walked away from me.

Oh my goodness, where are his manners?! I would go after him but... I have something else to look over.

But... I think that I cannot face Meister now... I am just going to watch in my room. I have cameras in almost every room. Some rooms are obviously excluded.

At last, I sat down at my desk and looked at the camera in the blue room. It appears that they have just now held a majority vote over who will be the challenger.

But the game has started a long time ago... Just how long have they been arguing about such a trivial thing? It's really not that big of a deal now, is it? Maybe it's good that I have missed their arguing.

While they were voting, I felt slight nervousness... Why am I feeling nervous? It's their choice, and they will suffer the consequences if it was not a good one.

But still... As I watched Sara get chosen by everyone except Kai, something inside me was uneasy... Was it jealousy, I wonder?

No! Such a thing would be inconceivable! Why would I feel that emotion twords Sara, or any other participant for that matter?! They are putting their lives on the line and I am just observing it!

And the meaning of Kai's vote... What was it? I know he is trying to protect Sara, but... They were specifically told that the challenger won't be in any danger at all. Maybe... He doesn't want her to bear the responsibility of someone's death? I honestly do not know.

In any case, Sara was chosen as the challenger for this game. This style of a game of Russian roulette was inspired by the Hades incident one... Maybe that's what was making me uneasy in the first place...

Of course, this was a trap easily evadable. A game easly won if you can think straight. Maybe they did a good thing by not voting for Q-taro.

Anyhow, I watched Sara take the bullets and arrange them in an order that there is no way for her to lose...

Dummy bullet, dummy bullet, real bullet, dummy bullet, dummy bullet, real bullet, dummy bullet, dummy bullet, real bullet.

This is stressing me out so much for some reason. I cannot put my finger on it.

Sara's stance... Her steel mind... The trust she gained... Her charisma... Her ability to convince others...

I looked at the book that was next to my table. The memorandum... The stupid memorandum...

*Smash*

A loud sound was heard. I hit te memorandum with such force that I almost broke the table.

Everything Sara had displayed... It's exactly like it's described in the memorandum... Why...? Why? Why?! Why?!! WHY?!!!

Sara Chidouin had shown that she is someone equal to my sister when she was killed... Which means that if she wins... What use do I serve...?

"M-miss Y/n!" I heard a panicked voice entering the room after knocking. What is the point of knocking if you're going to enter anyway. "I heard a loud noise and..."

"Huh?" I said calmly "Is something the matter, Safalin?" She was no doubt looking at my forced smile.

"N-no ma'am- ugh, I meant miss!" Safalin said in a shakey voice "We were... Just worried about you... That's all..."

"Hmm..." I hummed in surprise "What do you mean by 'we'...?"

"As in... Ranger, Gashu and I... The noise was heard in the whole second floor." Safalin informed me. Her words made me dumbfounded.

Her, I can understand. Safalin is someone I see as kind an caring type. She is probably the only one who will show some sort of hospitality directly... Except maybe of the exception of Maple.

It's the other that I'm confused about. Ranger does have mostly just negative emotions... But the Gashu did say that he has built in respect for me, despite calling me a 'psycho bitch'. So I guess I'll blame it on that.

Gashu... My care taker... I never really got a feeling that he cared about my safety, more so that he was just doing it for Meister, or the sake of training me as the potential successor... Maybe I had completely misjudged the man.

Of course, there is a possibility that Safalin is just saying that to make it seem like she wasn't the only one.

"What was that noise anyway?" Safalin disrupted my thoughts.

"Hehehe..." I giggled. I cannot let her know the real origin of the sound. "Nothing to worry about. I just dropped a book..." I said, then I realized that that was a loud sound for just a normal book "A... Really, really heavy... Book... It's nothing to worry about..."

I could feel her eyes on me. "Miss Y/n..." Has she figured out that I have been lying? "A book heavy enough to make such a sound when dropped is highly dangerous." Good, she didn't. "You could have dropped it on your feet and smash them... Ugh... If anything even remotely close to that happens... Please don't hesitate to come to the medical office yourself."

"Do not worry about such trivial things, Safalin." I told her off, a bit annoyed.

"Trivial...?" Safalin looked at me angrily "I must assure you that your health is much more important than anything else. Both mental or physical. Sadly, I'm not good with helping with mental health problems... But if you ever have one you should go to the discussion room to Maple."

I looked around bored. "Yeah yeah... Sure." I told her and sighed.

Safalin seemed even more distressed "Please miss Y/n! Promise me you'll visit me and Maple when you have problems with your health."

I sighed again "Sure... I promise... In any case, I believe that I should get going. I have been informed of the existence of some kind of laptop. It could pose as potential threat."

I must get to that laptop. It could possibly ruin this entire game.
___________________________________________

A/n: Honestly when I started this story I knew the beginning and I knew the end. Every other idea has popped up in my mind as I went along. I want to see what parts you, the readers like. Feel free to drop ideas in the comments and I might add them to the story.

Also, since I plan things in this story in advance, I feel like it's a good time to ask about the routes. I have already decided on Kanna/Shin route, but I'm not so sure about the Yabusames. I'm debating whether to let one or both live through 2-2. So I'll let you hold a majority vote. With a twist. One of the siblings surely lives whatever you pick, but if you pick them, the other one will die. (I know, I'm evil.)

So... Who lives:

Reko Yabusame

Or

Alice Yabusame

(The votes will be counted when I start writing for the final attraction)

Ps. I'm sorry for the long author notes, It will most likely happen again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 10.7K 22
You are Suoh (Name), the twin sister of Suoh Tamaki. You've been hosting with your brother and some great friends for years. When a girl, Fujioka Har...
2.5K 78 11
Kyoya Ootori is asked to befriend Rin Isami, the daughter of an important businessman who was murdered 2 years ago. At first, Kyoya isn't very please...
32.6K 787 108
How can you hate him when he's the reason you have her? You haven't seen him since that night, you never planned to see him again. Atsumu said he lov...
888 20 18
A girl was several abused and neglected by her mother and only her childhood friend/playmate cares for her making her to run away age thirteen and li...