Chapter 12: Memory dance

A/n: Well, first update this year, you guys are probably tired of every other author note being me apologizing for the wait, I apologize once again, the long hiatus will most likely happen again tbh, I'm done making promises. Anyways, I finally got to doing this. And you know what they say - If Yana takes less than a full year to update, it will be a good year for content creators.
___________________________________________

Ah, memory dance. The game that is most likely going to be played first or not played at all, and the one with a higher difficulty than any other attraction this floor has to offer.

Dare I say, it's my favorite one. The music is nice, the dance is simple enough with the difficulty of memorizing it being just right. Not to mention, one of my first dolls I have ever made is taking part in it.

It's colourful and it was based on some virtual idol or something like it. Although obviously a bit underdeveloped, I still had some emotional connection with her, even though she cannot speak. I'm honestly surprised she aged as well as she did, and that she can move better than I remember her to.

A part of me wants to play- test run it again. I meant test run it. And I planned on doing just that.

I made my way to the attraction, to my surprise, Gashu was there. Was he not supposed to be a receptionist? What is he doing here?

"Miss Y/N, I am pleased to inform you the rules have been properly explained to the participants. There is no need to worry. You can go back to your room and monitor the situation from there." He told me, looking at me like he was waiting for something.

"Well..." I tried smiling sincerely, emphasis on tried "While I am glad everything is going as planned, I have to say, I really wasn't worried about that. I have full trust in Ranger and Safalin to be able to handle that."

Gashu looked at me with a slight shift in his expression, which was not something he often does. "Miss Y/n... Would such way of thinking really be appropriate?"

"What?" I said, slightly confused. This was such a bold statement, yet it felt vague at the same time. Does Gashu know something I don't? Or is it just...

"Why aren't you going back to your room yet? I have informed you that everything is going splendidly, did I not." Gashu said, tilting his head. He was going to act like he didn't say anything?

Well, now that I think about it, this was nothing unusual for him. He was my caretaker, after all. I should be used to him trying to force his way of thinking onto me by now.

"Well, I was planning on doing a test run of the memory dance once more." I told him. I could feel his judgmental look.

He tilted his head and said "We have people for that. There is absolutely no need for you to trouble yourself with such a thing."

"Oh, no. I would actually like to-" I was cut off my Gashu's strict tone I was way too familiar with.

"Miss Y/n. You have way too important of a role to be fooling around." Gashu said something I... Heard way too often. "You have important things to do, did you not say that you have full trust in the floor masters to handle such matters?"

I gripped my cane in frustration.

Should I just... No... It's not worth it. It's not that big of a deal. He was right in any case. It is annoying, sure, but it's... Well intended, I assume.

I sighed and gave up. I know better than to try and fight that statement anyway. That never ended well.

"So, why don't you go back to-" Gashu said before getting cut off by me.