Chapter 10: First main game

A/n: Okay, so, I was hit with inspiration and I finally got over the dreadful chapter 1. And you'll also be getting a chapter tomorrow, that is like a mini chapter. It's basically half a chapter, but lore heavy.

Also, just wanted to clarify that I used time skips here, I really wanted to get this over with and I added just the important parts because Main games are long.
___________________________________________

Participants entered the main game grounds one by one. You could feel the tension in the air.

Finally knowing what this is all about, they were dreading it... At least two of them won't be making it to see the next day... Maybe more.

"...Here we are." Keiji said.

"...! You guys... That was fast..." Q-taro said, possibly referring to how fast we got to the main game.

"...Oogh..." Nao cried out.

Kai stayed silent.

"...Hmph. All of you, so pale..." Alice commented.

"...Why... is this happening..." Shin asked.

A desperate game is beginning. And yet, they just have to play it.

"Eheehee... Ah, so you'll take part after all?" Miley showed herself.

"Miley...!! You...!!" Q-taro said.

"Ahaha... Please take a good look at those desks, everyone. A rather interesting setup, isn't it?" Miley complimented "Eheehee... They are reverse hourglasses. Most curious indeed. When these hourglasses have all reached the top, the discussion will end."

Everyone looked uninterested in the design, considering the fact that at least two of them will die at the end of this.

" You have 70 minutes until the preliminary vote. After that, you can discuss for 20 minutes before the final vote." Miley explained. "Shall we start?"

"Hold up!! Kanna... Kanna ain't here!!" Reko called out.

"Oh dear... So some would choose not to take part in something so enjoyable." Miley said.

"H... Hold on!! Kanna... will definitely come!!" Sara insisted.

"Time is limited. That is what she chose, and that is the end of the matter." Miley told her "Miss Sara...You haven't made the wrong choice, have you?"

"Well then, everyone, stand at whichever desk you like!" Miley told them. They were urged to head for the desks.

"Now then, you seem to be prepared! I'll let-" Miley started before she was cut off by someone's weak voice.

"...Please... wait..." Kanna said "...U... Um... I'm also..."

"Kanna...!!" Sara called out.

"You are welcomed, Kanna Kizuchi." Miley told her "Regrets... can wait until after taking part. Eheehee..."

Kanna silently went over to the only empty table.

"Ahaha...!" Miley laughed "As I was about to say before I got interrupted, I'll let our wonderful game master take over and make her entrance..."

Silence filled the room as the entrance of the long awaited game master was about to happen.

The middle of the circle of tables began to open up to reveal a fancy chair. The chair was reminiscent of a throne.

And in that chair was me.

I observed some of the reactions. Shin was looking disappointed, and Kai was looking annoyed. Alice was shocked.