Frost and Rain - Jack Frost x...

By vabclark

I love this movie. So. Much. You have no idea. I just hope that other people, equally, love this movie. I'm... More

~ Prologue ~
~ Snow Day ~
~ We are not Guardians ~
~ Your Center ~
~ Tooth Palace ~
~ A Plan ~
~ Sandy ~
~ Loss ~
~ Saving Easter ~
~ What Have We Done ~
~ That Motherfucker ~
~ Remember ~
~ The Last Light ~
~ The Final Battle pt 2 ~
~ We Are Guardians ~
~ Author's Note ~

~ The Final Battle pt 1 ~

1.4K 45 26
By vabclark

Pitch.

"Get Jaime out of here," Jack orders before swiftly taking off and heading towards that motherfucker.

"Jack," I scorns, chasing after to make sure he doesn't kill himself.

"Be careful, you two!" I hear North shout from below.

The Boogeyman does not look happy with our arrival. "You two fucking lovebirds," he curses, sighing heavily. His mist warps around him and he charges for the two of us. "Let's end this, shall we!?" He screams. Jack sends that same powerfully destructive move against Pitch.

But he blocks it.

I'm momentarily shocked, wondering how the hell he just stopped all that power.

"That little trick doesn't work on me anymore!" Pitch taunts.

No child in this world, besides Jaime, has belief anymore. No dreams and special memories or wonder and hope. Nothing. Pitch has gotten stronger due to all the fear.

I throw out all the force I can muster to try and help Jack. Our opponent skids back and he is unexpectedly weak. I think we've bested him.

Although he returns a stronger blow.

The impact hits Jack directly in the chest and he spirals downwards. I watch as Pitch too stumbles backwards and I'm left with the exact same choice.

Seconds lengthen.

I could possibly destroy this asshole right here and now - or it could all be an act to trap and kill me.

I can't be sure.

The moment stretches on.

I don't know what that blow did to Jack, if he's even conscious - but I do know a fall like this could kill him.

The choice is easy, like it was the last time. Pitch is staring at me and I flip him off before diving after my friend.

I catch up and grab onto him, "Jack?" I urge, hoping he's okay. I unfortunately realise too late that we are extremely close to the ground. As a last minute thought I create a water tunnel to slow the blow.

It doesn't work that well.

Although I twist our bodies and my back hits the ground hard in an alleyway, returning his favour from that day so long ago.

"Oh my gosh!" I hear Jaime shout as splashing footsteps bombard us. I dry our bodies but I do not have the energy to take the giant puddle away.

"Ugh," I groan and the kid pulls my friend off me before Tooth lends me a hand.

"I'm so sorry," Jack mumbles, putting a weak hand on my arm. I just shake my head feebly and hold up an OK sign.

"That was good try, you two," North compliments. "A for effort." I grumble at him as I try to massage my neck.

"He's stronger," Jack informs, "more powerful. We weren't able to beat him."

I watch as North looks at Tooth and their faces are completely despondent.

"No," I protest. "We can't give up after one run?" I say shocked at these low spirits. I mean fair enough, all the joy in the world is basically lost, but believe. "Jack after you fell, he was weak," I say. "We have a chance. I saw it."

A glimmer of hope flashes across everyone's eyes and Bunny taps my foot as in to say I like your hope.

Although, I'll admit that it's very hard to have faith when darkness is quite literally closing in on you.

"Aw," Pitch laughs maniacally and I can't see where his voice is coming from. "All this fuss over one little boy, and still he refuses to stop believing," he complains as I watch his shadow dart across the building walls. "Very well, there are other ways to snuff out the light," he snaps, the light bulbs around us start bursting.

Jack and North put defensive arms in-front of Jaime, and I step around and ahead of the kid.

"If you want him," Bunny exclaims hopping forward, "you're gonna have to go through me!"

A long shadowy arm appears and shifts along the ground. "Look how fluffy you are," Pitch teases, the silhouette finger scratching him. Bunny bounces around nervously and I quickly pick him up. "Would you like a scratch behind the ears?" Pitch taunts.

I hold the small rabbit close to me. "Don't you even think about it!" Bunny growls.

Those nightmare horses begin sauntering in on us, causing our group to back against the wall. "I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you all like this," Pitch provokes as we continue to back up. I hold Bunny closer to my chest and he embraces the protection. "You look awful," Pitch states as he rides in, darkness wafting around his form. His lips curl into a cynical smile.

Lightning cracks from above.

Shadows emerge from each being standing opposite us and they only grow across the ground. "Please," Jaime mutters under his breath like a prayer. Memories flash through my mind as I remember my sister and how she begged. "I'm scared," the kid says, looking up at Jack.

My friend immediately looks at me, it must be like déjà vu to him as well. "Its gonna be okay," I promise Jamie like I did for Layla. It almost brings a tear to my eye.

Jack bends down next to Jaime, a hand on his shoulder. "We're gonna have a little fun instead," he whispers, and the look on his face tells me he's also remembering his words exactly.

"Oh my god, Jack," I gasp. "That's it!" I tell him excitedly, fumbling to hold Bunny in my arms. "That's your center!" The others glance around happily and agreeably as Jack just stares at me, looking utterly whole and complete.

The Guardian of fun.

It's what he was born with.

It's what he protects in children.

It's his center.

I'm happy for him.

Pitch's horrific laugh causes me to lose my thoughts. Jack stands up and I grip Bunny tighter, the two of us observing the situation play out. "So, Jaime," he drawls. "Do you still believe in the Boogey-"

A bright blue snowball interrupts his sentence.

Pitch grunts in agitated shock as his nightmares look at each other completely appalled. The five of us laugh at Jack's move as he catches another one in his hand. "Now let's go get your friends," he tells Jaime and I spot the rough sled like objects behind him.

By the time Pitch looks up again.

We're gone.

Jack and I make the slippery path as Jaime, Tooth, North and Bunny are all riding in their own array of pans, garbage can lids and anything they could find really.

We stop by each of the kids houses, making to sure we gather all of Jaime's friends. Jack takes the boy with him, throwing snowballs at windows. I splash the twins window first, then go over to Monty's house to get his attention. Once a dew drop landed on their noses, they were able to believe and I told them we needed their help.

Honestly why didn't Jack and I just think about this from the start?

Oh well.

"(Y/n) Rain!!" I hear Monty cry out as I catch up with Jack. The children are easily able to follow us due to the icy track that cascades along the road.

"Merry Christmas!" North shouts as he zooms past.

"Happy Easter!" Bunny echoes.

Finally Tooth glides underneath me as she yells, "don't forget to floss!"

I playfully push Jack out of the way as I stream past him, leading the way for our group. He stumbles midair before chasing after me. From far behind us, I hear the kids screaming "they're all real!!!" and it makes me laugh. Caught in a cloud of happiness, my friend catches up and grabs me. I squeal excitedly and try to slow our decent. He lets go and I skid across the ice.

Suddenly the smooth surface ends and I trip.

Jack pulls me back with the hooked end of his staff before I can hit the ground. Pitch's maniacal laugh resounds through the streets as I stand close to my friend. I swirl and see the rest of the guardians halting abruptly and stare gravely at them. We need to stay together.

Turning back around I see an oncoming mass of shadowy cloud in the distance. It's most definitely bringing doomsday with it.

"Oh shit," I mumble as everyone watches it horror-struck.

Lightening strikes the sky and I see the outline of Pitch on top a building.

The following thunder cracks through the air and the noise reverberates through my soul.

The menacing darkness doesn't stop it's decent as it rolls over the faraway structures. Panic flares inside my chest and all I can think about is the children who now stand at my rear.

This evil cannot win.

I won't let it.

A world without hope, dreams, wonder, fun, memories.... It's a deadly place.

A world without this love I feel for these children... well... that's no world at all.

"Whoo! Yeah!" I hear Monty shout as he runs around us. Although the sight of the nightmarish army ahead quickly turns him around as he screams.

I step forward protectively. Pitch chuckles, "you think a few children can help you?" He questions, "against this!?" The bolts of light continue to flash amongst the dim clouds and I glance sideways to see Jack gazing at me with a look of dread.

I know the feeling.

I watch as North raises his sword defiantly, but tiredness outweighs his strength and he stumbles. I take a subconscious step forward to help but Jack and Tooth are already immediately at his side.

I see the kids cower. "They're nothing more than bad dreams," I tell them, turning myself back around to face the darkness.

"And we'll protect you, mates," Bunny promises, but I find myself sadly doubting his abilities based on that small size.

"Aw," Pitch drawls, "you'll protect them?" He laughs scornfully and Jack takes a step to my side. "But who will protect you!?"

The inquiry catches me off guard and Pitch stares at me. I want to punch his smug face. The group of us is very tense and it only makes me more anxious. In the corner of my eye I can see Jack gazing at me but don't want to break my stare with Pitch. My friend sighs heavily and goes to step forward, putting on a mask of false bravery.

But then a small yet mighty voice fills my ears. "I will," Jamie states as he walks in-front of us. My attention changes instantly to the kid.

"I will," Cupcake declares as she too walks towards the front.

"I will! I will!" The twins announce and they push and shove their way past me. North and Tooth are watching the situation unfold with complete awe.

"And me," Pippa remarks, bringing me back to our circumstances at hand.

Even little Monty joins their line up and in a shakier voice, mutters, "I'll try."

I look at Jack and he smiles half heartedly at me.

They're sweet kids.

But they cannot stop a nightmare army.

Pitch's eyes glow with rage. "Still think there's no such thing as the Boogeyman!?" All of us set our feet into a ready position as the dark stampede of horrors charges at us. I watch the children grow frightened and the sight, my own heart beats a little faster.

"I do believe in you," Jamie admits, "I'm just not afraid of you," he makes clear.

The oncoming rush of black sand doesn't stop and only charges into the sky. I crane my neck upwards to see it start a quick descent until it's about to make impact. I raise my arm, not knowing what I'm trying to do.

There is no way I can prevent this blow.

None of us here can.

Although as it collides with us, the darkness quickly transforms into beautiful gold sand.

An unforeseen friend has come.

                                       ~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520 36 16
We know the Guardians. Nicholas St. North, the Spirit of Christmas known as Santa Clause; E. Aster Bunnymund, the Spirit of Easter known as the Easte...
10.3K 337 13
How did it happen? ~He met you by chance one night, and no matter how hard you try, you can't escape him. Even though you say you don't really belie...
9.7K 240 23
Welcome to my book! If your looking for an easy read full of fun times and a hint of drama with the obvious romance you've come to the right place! ...
53.4K 1K 21
Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy protect the world's children from darkness an...