The Only One (George Weasley...

By WeaselB3e

George Weasley and his twin Fred seem to have found themselves not where they expected, while running for the... More

Boy in the Alley
Getting to know you
The Flirt
Mischeif
Sunshine Daisies
Falling
Explanations
Shrugging it off
What the Hell
Halloween!
I Swear
An Idea
Concerts, Screams, I forget.
You want what?
Those Three Words
Don't Go
Go Home
They Won
We're Not Safe
So it begins
The Battle
The Hell?
The Other Side
Something important
All Over
Happy Happy Birthday
Disappointment
Adventure
Something New
Never trusting
Foolishness
Cats and Things
The Anouncement
Wedding Planning
Worrying
a Big Christmas
Before the Wedding
The Wedding
The Wedding (continued)
The Trip
Back Home
The Announcement
New Arrival(s)
Just Another Day
A little date
Epilouge

Small weddings

4.7K 120 22
By WeaselB3e

*George's POV*

"Just tell me! I swear I won't let it slip."

"Sorry, mate."

"Bloody hell, is everyone against me on this?"

"It's cute!"

"Yeah, let Freya have her fun."

"You're all useless."

I shot glares at Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they lazed around the shop one Monday afternoon.

"Honestly, what's the point of hiding this from me?!" I groaned, Freya told me she wouldn't tell me what the color scheme of the wedding was going to be, at first I thought she was lying but she wasn't. She was serious about this.

"She must be bored," Ron offered with a shrug.

"Or it's just something sweet she wants to do," Hermione suggested while shooting a look at Ron.

"Hermione, do you think you could possibly..." I pleaded slightly.

"I promised Freya, she told me it was something she really wanted to have as a surprise."

"The girls have made a pact and Hermione's a bridesmaid, there's no way you can make her talk," Harry shook his head with a laugh.

I scowled, "it's just a bloody color scheme. Why must it be a huge secret?"

"If its just a bloody color scheme, why are you so bent on finding out what it is?" Harry questioned.

"What if I hate the color!"

Ron and Harry snickered before I shoved a batch of sckiving snack boxes on the shelves, "Hermione why can't you just tell me?!"

"Even I don't know her entire plan! Honestly, the only people who know include your mother, Ginny, and one of your brothers. I don't even know which one of them it is. No one else knows what she's planned aside from that," Hermione explained.

I kicked the base of the counter and groaned, "there Is one way for you to find out the truth," Fred commented.

"I'm not risking it," I raised an eyebrow at him as I knew exactly where he was going with this. "Last time you couldn't stop hacking up hairballs for two days and it took an entire day until you changed back to yourself."

Fred chuckled slightly, "ah...that was such a great day," he grinned. "It's an easier way if you truly care to know."

"Whatever I say at this moment won't change a thing, you're going to do it anyway."

Fred grinned before disappearing through the back room, "what was that all about?" Harry asked, slightly confused.

"we've been working on a product that changes you into a cat, so far it's worked. The effects are a little longer than we would prefer, unfortunately....thought it would be funny to mess with the professors if a bunch of cats were around or Mrs. Norris."

In a minute, the cat version of Fred appeared, strutting across the room and towards the door to which he sat in front of and looked at me pointedly.

"What makes you think I would get the door for you at all?" I laughed.

Fred let out a low growl before backing up a few paces, staring at the door knob that was out of a cat's reach, he ran at the door at full speed before jumping so that his front claws curled around the door knob and his back claws dug into the door. With a jerking motion Fred was able to get the door open before he fell to the ground and gave me a look before prancing off to Freya's shop, a few doors down.

I grinned, turning to the display of trick hats when the door banged opened, revealing a rather surprised looking Fred.

"What—"

"Apparently the product wears off from pure stress," Fred waved off my question as he explained why he was his human self again.

"What happened?"

"She found me, and well the second she looked away I had to figure out how to get out of there. Coal wasn't too pleased to see me so he started chasing me. No one was really around so I may have knocked over a few things which made Freya pissed....anyway the stressfulness of the situation caused it to wear off I think," Fred mused.

"Well, did you happen to find anything?" Ron asked, curiously.

"Yes I did," Fred nodded he looked at me and sighed, "but...I'm not going to tell you."

"Bloody hell—"

"She's put a lot of work into this, George. Wait until she wants to tell you."

"You bloody traitor."

*Freya's POV*

I left the shop later than usual, all other shops closed around seven or eight but I closed around ten. Which meant walking back with very little light, I generally walked home by moonlight. Tonight was like any other, I walked inside to find Fred watching television and George heating something up for me to eat.

"Hello, Fey! How'd it go today?" Fred called.

"Almost out of all my classic albums," I grinned.

"That's my girl," George appeared, kissing my cheek as he handed me a steaming plate of pasta. "For you, love."

I kissed his cheek and walked over to sit beside Fred while I ate my meal, "how was the joke shop?"

"Brilliant as usual," George commented as he sat beside me. I moved back into my seat, feeling content as I polished off the pasta.

"I'm going to take a shower," Fred commented, "be back shortly...don't...you know," Fred winked before disappearing down the hall.

"You know. The weirdest thing happened today," I shook my head, George leaned into the couch as he put an arm around me.

"Did Malfoy relinquish ownership of the shop? Are we free of him?" George grinned excitedly.

"No," I laughed, George's face turning into a scowl. "A cat came into my shop. Sort of almost broke a few things."

"That's odd, I hope the pet shop down the street isn't having any issues." I raised an eyebrow at George, pursing my lips together. So we're going to play dumb?

"Oh I don't think it was the pet shop's cat," I noticed George's Adam's apple quiver slightly. "I didn't get the best look at it, but seemed to be a familiar orange cat I've seen before. In here. During your proposal."

"Lovely Fey, what're you insinuating?" George raised an eyebrow as he tried to remain calm, i smirked taking his hand from around my shoulders and giving it a squeeze. It was sweaty and I could feel his pulse on his wrist fluttering quickly.

"Are you really going to play this dumb with me?!" I laughed, "I know it's a product you and Freddie have been testing-changing into animals. So just tell me the truth."

"Fey I really think the wedding planning is getting to you," George stammered. I grinned as he lost his composure.

"If you'd just waited a little longer before sending Fred to be a spy, I was going to reveal all the plans I've finished this week," I giggled.

"I want it on the record that I never asked for him to do a single thing, Fred was doing everything of his own free will. I have witnesses, I will die on this hill," George stated quickly.

I rolled my eyes, flicking my wand so that my bag fell into my lap. "Honestly, you're ridiculous sometimes," I pulled out a thick folder, filled with everything I've worked on for the wedding. I pulled out the papers and laid them on the table, "now you can see everything," I grinned.

George looked over the papers, smiling slightly, the color scheme I wanted was dark reds and nice light gold accents. "if I know anything, I know you're holding back with these plans."

"No, I'm not!"

George laughed before he planted a kiss on my cheek, "what haven't you planned yet?"

"Guests are the major thing I haven't touched, which leads to the seating arrangements..." I mumbled a bit too miserably.

George chewed on his lower lip, his brows furrowing slightly before clapping his hands. "Elope."

"What?"

"We'll elope!" George stated.

"No, George. I know your parents weren't fond of me when we first arrived over here, eloping will only put another nail in my coffin." I protested.

"I don't care, you won them over once it'll be easy to do it again," George shook his head. "I'm not going to have you be upset because of our guest list."

"George, it's fine! honestly it is! I don't mind at all," I lied flawlessly. The truth was that it did bother me, I'd have no friends or family, it'd basically be George's wedding. Not ours. Sadly, George could read me like a book, he took my face in his hands and sighed.

"Freya Matcox, I know you and I know this is going to bother you."

"Your parents will murder us."

"Then let them, we'll be together either way."

"I just..." I shook my head.

George let go of my face and fell silent, "they won't kill us if we have a wedding party."

"I don't think your mother will be satisfied with a simple reception."

"No this is a good compromise, if you aren't going to let us elope..." George let out a low breath, "a very small wedding. The guests will just be the immediate family and a few friends, then for the reception the entire family. That's it."

"George..."

"No, I'm not going to argue over this, this is the way I want it." George wasn't smiling anymore, his eyes had a harshness to them as he stared back. I knew he wasn't kidding, I knew that he meant everything he said but I still felt horrible.

"Yes, sweetheart," I said quietly.

George kissed me lightly as he stroked my cheek, "it'll be perfect. I promise."

"Well, if it's not many people for the ceremony then why don't we change the date?"

"What would we change it to?" George asked.

"We could make it sooner, planning for a small event won't take too much," I shrugged.

George pushed hair out of my face and smiled, "well....we could change the date, but why not move it up by a week or two so we aren't stressed out with finishing the plans."

"You're right, that would be fine."

George grinned as he pulled me into a tight embrace, kissing the top of my head and leaning into the couch with me in his arms.

"Now stop sending Fred to do your dirty work," George chuckled as he began playing with my hair.

"Freddie has free will, if he wants to be a cat then let him be one."

"You two are ridiculous," I snorted, nuzzling my face into George's neck.

"Mmm. But that's what makes us so brilliant, love." I gave a sigh as I nodded.

***

"So your wedding is in six months?"

"Yeah."

"Need any help around the shop today?"

I rubbed my neck and nodded, "why not? It's a slow day anyway."

Draco chuckled slightly as he leaned against the counter, it was weird how comfortable we had become with each other. After coming and telling me in a roundabout way he was sorry, Draco started to stick around for longer periods of time.

Although I still felt as if I were doing something wrong by talking to him for more than two minutes. But I did need help over here, if not with the actual store then with my sanity, after losing my family and then having Fred and George thrown into my life; I've gotten use to talking to people frequently.

"Your weasels are going to murder you," Draco laughed.

"I brought it on myself," I shrugged.

"Are you nervous about the wedding?" Draco asked.

"Of course!" I gave a nervous laugh before casually walking around the shop.

"You know it'll be a big deal right? The Weasley family is rather large," he was doing this on purpose, I could just tell from that smirk on his face.

"No, it's just going to be George's immediate family and a few friends I managed to make from the battle. Then his entire family is coming to the reception," I shrugged, "not too big."

"What about your family? I remember reading about your brother. But you have to have other family," I stopped walking, facing the selection of wizard music I provided, I stayed far from the subject of my family or anything to do with home. I didn't want to think about my old life anymore, it broke my heart. "If I've struck a nerve...I'm er...." Draco fell quiet.

I snorted slightly, "you don't apologize much, do you?"

"Not at all," Draco deadpanned.

I laughed as I walked up to him, "it's just...my parents and brother were killed in a car accident and my best friend is travelling the states in an orchestra I wanted to be part of, if I hadn't met the twins. I tended to stay away from other classmates because of my famous brother....I'm more or less estranged from the rest of my family..." I said all of it so fast I would've been surprised if it was even coherent.

Draco looked torn, not sure how to proceed, until he coughed. "I'm sorry for prying."

I shrugged, "it doesn't matter. Everyone does eventually."

Draco coughed, "at least you have the Weasley family...they'll take care of you."

"This is hurting you isn't it?" I snickered as Draco scowled slightly.

"Do you need anything done?" Draco muttered darkly.

"Help me move this cello above the cabinet," I ordered.

"You're a witch. Use your wand."

I rolled my eyes at him, "haven't you learned I enjoy doing things my own way without relying on magic?" Draco only laughed before coming to assist me.

*George's POV*

"Well, you know your relatives want to be there but..."

"It needs to be small for Freya, mum. There's no way I want to see her cry because only my relatives were there. They can come to the reception but not the ceremony."

"She doesn't have any family?"

"She never talks about them and her parents are dead."

Mum looked doubtful but fell silent, we've been talking about the wedding for an hour now, the only thing she seemed fixated on was the guests. She wanted the entire family there while I didn't, and even though it was my wedding mum seemed to demand more from it.

"Well, we'll just see about that," mum stated with a confident nod.

"Mum, no. you can't do that to her," it'll crush her, I thought to myself as I saw Freya walking up the yard with Fred. They were laughing about something as they walked through the door.

"Freya! Would you mind helping me with something for a moment?"

"Um, of course!" Freya stammered before following mum out of the room.

"I sense danger," Fred commented as he came to stand beside me.

"Possibly, give it a few minutes," I muttered.

"Extendable ears?" Fred offered while reaching into his pocket.

I raised an eyebrow before taking the flesh colored listening device, rushing up stairs towards the room Freya and mum had disappeared into. I found them in mum and dad's room and placed the device under the doorway.

"I was wondering dear, will any of your family be coming to the wedding?"

"No, I um...I have a very small family," she even sounded uncomfortable.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, my father was an only child and my mother only had one sister whom she never talked to. My grandparents aren't alive anymore...."

"Oh dearie....I'm sorry."

"We wanted to keep the wedding small anyway," Freya continued quietly.

"I know, dear, I was only curious. George told me about how he wanted a small wedding. I haven't asked about your extended family before, I didn't realize it was so small. I'm sorry dear."

It was quiet, too quiet, I glanced at Fred who was waiting for the next move; "I need to step outside for a moment, please excuse me."

Fred and I backed away from the door just as Freya pranced out and down the stairs, I followed on her heels, pulling her into a hug when she reached the front door.

"Everything alright?" I whispered.

Freya nodded while discreetly wiping her eyes, "fresh air would be nice."

I let her go, Freya bolted outside and fell to her knees, "what should we do?"

"Leave her be for a moment," I whispered. Fred nodded.

Freya stayed outside for fifteen minutes before I sat in the grass beside her, she looked so fragile as she cried into her hands. "I never understood the need to have a big grandiose spectacle of a wedding....if it was just us and Freddie boy as a witness, I would be the luckiest man alive." Freya hiccuped at this, wiping her eyes, "No matter what, Fey. We're going to get married," I tried to comfort her. "Remember that."

Freya sniffed, looking over at me and smiling, "I love you. If it means a lot to your family....then having your whole-"

"I'm alright with having them at the reception, in my mind that's just a big party. I'd love to have a big party to celebrate us, not everyday I'll be able to show you off in a beautiful dress," I paused as Freya sniffed, pushing her hair behind her ears. "I want you to be happy."

Freya gave a weak smile, "I am happy...it's just that it took a bit for me to feel comfortable being around your family when we stayed here for that month after the battle...it took me so long to get use to the frequent trips here. It hurt in the beginning for me," she paused shaking her head, "I wish I had a big family like you. But sometimes I realize how alone I am, how I have no family of my own and I just can't help but cry."

"Oi, you have me and Fred, we're the best family you can ever hope for," Freya nodded slightly, "add a few others like Hermione and Ginny into the mix and you have one hell of a family," I chuckled.

Freya giggled, "can we watch a movie tonight? Just the three of us."

I kissed her forehead, feeling all despair leaving Freya's small frame, "of course my love. After the movies, what if we came back here to stargaze. I'll get a blanket and your telescope, I believe it's supposed to be a clear night." Freya grinned as she took my hands, I kissed her deeply, "there's my beautiful girl."

~*~*

I realized that I promised an upload possibly...three times(?) before I finally did. PLEASE forgive me! Getting into a school routine is annoying!

I hope this chapter almost makes up for my absense, please comment and vote if you enjoyed! I'd love to hear comments anyway! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.3K 39
๐“๐ฐ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฆ!!! - Y/N has been best friends with Fred and George since her very first year at Hogwarts. Now...
20.6K 328 22
|๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ, ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐๐จ| These are just some stories that I thought would be fun to right about the twins. They are happy...
Wicked By lexi

Fanfiction

34K 772 36
A Fred Weasley x Y/N Fanfiction You're the 'And' in Fred and George, the 'Managed' to their 'Mischief' but what happens when life moves on, people g...
122K 5.1K 50
"๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ... ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ. ๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ...