A. Emeritus

By MusicalOstrich

Growing up in the church can be fun, especially when given the opportunity to travel the world and spread the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 19

299 7 1
By MusicalOstrich

My eyes open to see a folded card on the nightstand next to me. Leaning off the bed I fumble the card off the table.

-Good morning,

Papa should be too busy to bother you today. I had some work to get done before the party tonight, so I won't be around much. Don't forget to be ready and at the ballroom by six pm.

♡ Gizio-

I smile and pull myself out of bed and glance at the clock as I head toward the door. As my hand touches the door knob I lean back and look at the clock again, I really slept until eleven? The walk to my room is uninterrupted until I begin to open my door, Fire's voice cuts through the air as I push my door open.

"What are you wearing tonight?" I open my door fully before responding.

"I'm not sure yet, why?" I question as I spin to look at him. Fire tries to hang in his door frame but can't reach the top and his arms drop like lead to his sides.

"I don't know what to wear. Can you help me when you're done with your outfit?" He asks, throwing in some puppy dog eyes for good measure. Shaking my head I roll me eyes,

"Sure, I'll be over once I'm dressed." My door is shut before he has a chance to ask about anything else, I can't help him if I can't help myself.

I walk into my closet and begin to pull dresses to try on. My goal is for a vintage look, I know I own a lot of vintage style clothes, and a lot of Halloween dresses; I should absolutely be able to find a mix of the two. After trying on most dresses I own, and trying to avoid any that would link me to my dad, I finally find one that I think I can wear and get Fire to agree to match. I slide into my bright, blood red, double spaghetti strap, A-line dress that has little bats on it. Completed with a little black collared cape, and shiny, black, two inch mary janes.

Once I finally look at the clock I gasp and grab my make up case and hair stuff. I frantically knock on Fire's door and wait for him to open it. The instant it's open I enter and show him my outfit,

"Do you want to try to match this?" I ask as I head into the bathroom to start painting my face. After a few minutes Fire slides into the bathroom in black dress pants and a red dress shirt.

"Can I borrow your black waistcoat?" He asks as he begins gelling his hair back with a comb. As I pull my hair up into a ponytail set at the crown of my head I think about it.

"Yeah, I'll go get it. I need to be at the ballroom soon." I run out of the bathroom and slam myself through the doors to get my waistcoat as fast as I can.

Fire meets me in the hall and puts the waistcoat on as we sprint to the ballroom.

"Dude, you don't have to come with me." I gasp. He shrugs in response and keeps pace with me. The ballroom is surprisingly far from our rooms and I spent way too long trying to choose a dress. Thankfully most siblings of sin are getting ready and in their own rooms. By the time we're standing at the grand doors, both of us are out of breath and nearly sweating.

Each member of the family is there with their respective ghoul, the only exception being my grandpa who has Sister Imperator by his side. Everyone in my family has a ghoul or two that is almost always around them, it's one of the few things I haven't been told much about yet. Sure, there's times where they're outside the compound without a ghoul but it's not actually done often. As the greetings begin Sister takes Fire aside leaving me alone with my family.

"Leetle one, you weell be standing in a new place in the family order." Grandpa leads the way into the room followed in order of age by the rest of the family. Each man takes their place with their ghoul standing behind their shoulder. Papa motions for me to stand between him and Gizio, beside Papa but two steps ahead of Gizio. I look around and try to picture where everyone is: The furthest to the right is Vezio with his ghoul standing to his right, Papa next his ghoul to the right as well, myself, followed by Gizio who's ghoul is on his left side. Grandpa stands a few steps behind us with no ghoul by him.

Finally Sister brings Fire back into the room and positions him behind my left side, she takes her place beside Grandpa.

"This will be the standing order from now on." She announces. "Now we must light the candles and prepare for the rest of the congregation to arrive." Fire starts to walk to the nearest table but stops when he hears me.

"Light the candles, not the table." He glares at me,

"I'd sooner light you on fire than the tables." He whispers on his way to the table. I begin to follow Fire but feel a leather clad hand stop me, rolling my eyes, I turn to face Papa. He looks at my outfit disapprovingly but says nothing. My head falls to the right as I look up at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Is there a problem, Papa?" His face contorts into a scowl and motions to my dress. I decide to feign innocence, "Oh, this dress is super cute isn't it?" I smile brightly as I pull the skirt up a little to show him the design more. "The bats give it just a little more spook. I thought it was perfect for a 50's themed outfit." Papa clearly knows I'm purposely not picking up on his true question, and he's clearly pissed.

"My dear, why didn't you wear green?" He asks, trying to keep his cool. Looking around I see everyone has busied themselves.

"I don't own this dress in green." I deadpan. "I also wasn't told I needed to wear green." Papa furrows his brow.

"I don't understand, Aster. Why are you suddenly being distant again? We were getting closer." His tone is hard to make out.

"It seems like you want me to be like you. You had the time to mold me into someone more like you and didn't, I don't even know where you were all those years. The past month was spent with me learning what you want me to be and completely avoiding anything I like to do." I shrug. "It was honestly killing my soul. You may have helped make me and act like my father, but you don't deserve the title of dad." I tell him before walking away to meet up with Fire.

After all the candles were lit and the last minute set up was done, we took our places in the back of the room to wait for the congregation to arrive. I've never fully known why we stand together in the beginning, but this is my first year with my own spot and Fire by my side.

As the more siblings of sin arrive we one by one leave our places to mingle with them and enjoy the food and music. I step away from my spot and head to the food table, completely starved, with Fire following close behind. Finally, each with a plate full of different horderves and a glass of wine, we head to a table and take a seat.

"Sister Imperator wants me to go through the bodyguard training with Special. She said it was 'pertinent' for me to learn if I was going to be by your side on the tour." He tells me as he begins to eat.

"So, you're my bodyguard or something?" Fire nods. "I think that's more dangerous than having me alone."

A few of the ministry's children are led in the room by a group of siblings. I smile when I see their little Halloween costumes. The children aren't often out of their section of the compound, sure they spend time with their parents, but they mostly stay in the children's section where they're less likely to get hurt. We're already pretty child friendly, but sometimes kids fall and we want them to be safe and easy to find.

I get up to put my plate and glass in a bus bin and feel arms wrap around my legs.

"Hey there." I say as I look down and see a little boy holding into me. He looks up, placing his chin on my thigh and smiles.

"Dance?" I smile and pat his head.

"Let me put my dishes away, then we can dance." I tell him. "Can you stay right here for me?" I ask gently, earning a nod from him. After putting my dishes away I return to the table and see Fire feeding the little boy club crackers.

"My name is Sebastian." The little boy tells Fire. "Who are you?" Fire looks taken aback, no one ever asks the ghouls about their names. We've always grown up knowing that ghouls don't have names and that it may hurt their feelings to ask.

"Everyone calls me Fire." Sebastian stares at Fire.

"Why?" By this point I'm sitting in the chair next to Sebastian, just watching this encounter.

"Because I can do this." Fire them demonstrates some of his fire powers in his hands. Mid mouthful Sebastian asks again.

"Why?" Sending crumbs all over the table and down his shirt.

"Because I'm a fire ghoul." Fire tells him, while I clean the crumbs off Sebastian.

"Why?" With this question Fire looks a little confused.

"Because I was born under a fire sign." He explains.

"Why?" This one seems to break Fire a little. I pick up a napkin and wipe Sebastian's face.

"Hey, do you want to dance now?" I ask excitedly, trying to save Fire from the mental exhaustion of answering all the 'whys' this kid could ask. He nods rapidly and I pick him up from the chair and lead him onto the dance floor. "Do you want to stand on my shoes?" I ask. Sebastian steps up onto my shoes and I move my feet slowly, trying to keep time with the music.

We dance for a few songs before a brother of sin approaches us. Sebastian hops off my shoes and runs over to the brother, hugging his legs.

"I'm sorry if he was bothering you, young excellency."

"It's no problem, he was really sweet." I tell the brother. "My friend and I did feed him some club crackers." I let him know. "And please, just call me Aster." I add with a smile.

"Thank you, Aster. I think it's about time I get him to bed." He picks Sebastian up and tells him to say good night. I wave to him before making my way back to the table I was at before.

"Hey Fire?" I ask while staring at the candles, and hearing a hum in response. "Do you want to dance and kill some time? I have no clue how long I should stay." Looking at Fire he shrugs.

"I assume we can stay until we want to leave. Your uncle won't make you stay if you say you want to leave." He stands from his seat and offers me his hand. We get lost in the crowd as we dance, and I watch the crowd.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 147 30
CURRENTLY PAUSED Cardinal Copia was known as a friendly, yet clumsy and shy person. But what will happen if such a fragile being becomes the vessel o...
240 4 1
Cardinal Copia x f!reader | 🔞 NSFW! MDNI! 🔞 | Life at the ministry is quite something. There are so many meetings that you have to attend as the p...
4.7K 189 31
Hi! This is my book for headcanons and one-shots for the band Ghost B.C., not gonna lie, it's mostly smut.
1.2K 171 26
𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐩𝐩. --- ...