smoke and frost | sokka x oc...

By indicolitemist

"a girl born from ashes, filled with tears until she shattered, and was reborn." In which the girl with pur... More

introducing
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1 | a date
CHAPTER 2 | bye, bye kyoshi
CHAPTER 3 | omashu
CHAPTER 4 | tearful apologies
CHAPTER 5 | hei bai
CHAPTER 6 | sweet old zhao
CHAPTER 7 | pirates
CHAPTER 8 | jet
CHAPTER 9 | the flood
CHAPTER 10 | zhangs and gan jins
CHAPTER 11 | dark dreams
CHAPTER 12 | fortunes and fate
CHAPTER 13 | bato
CHAPTER 14 | jeong jeong
CHAPTER 15 | the northern air temple
CHAPTER 16 | my dear yue
CHAPTER 17 | firebender.
BOOK two
CHAPTER 18 | general fong
CHAPTER 19 | two lovers~
CHAPTER 20 | fire nation baby
CHAPTER 21 | the swamp
CHAPTER 22 | kyoshi's trial
CHAPTER 23 | toph!
CHAPTER 24 | restless
CHAPTER 25 | wan chi tong's library
CHAPTER 26 | 'it'll quench ya!'
CHAPTER 27 | the serpent's pass
CHAPTER 28 | ba sing se
CHAPTER 29 | the tale of kasumi
CHAPTER 30 | lake laooogai
CHAPTER 31 | goodbye, love
BOOK three
CHAPTER 33 | the love
CHAPTER 34 | flameo, hotman!
CHAPTER 35 | space sword!
CHAPTER 36 | mysterious fire man
CHAPTER 37 | the runaway
CHAPTER 38 | bloodbending
CHAPTER 39 | two as one
CHAPTER 40 | the invasion
CHAPTER 41 | gone
CHAPTER 42 | the boiling rock
CHAPTER 43 | the escape
CHAPTER 44 | little sister
CHAPTER 45 | chasing memories
CHAPTER 46 | the ember island players
CHAPTER 47 | beach party!
CHAPTER 48 | sozin's comet
CHAPTER 49 | an era of peace
AFTER the ending
CHAPTER 50 | the future
CHAPTER 51 | together again
CHAPTER 52 | happiness
THE goodbye

CHAPTER 32 | the fall of the earth kingdom

1.5K 50 11
By indicolitemist

AFTER TWO WEEKS, they had to visit the Earth King. They were presented with secret files with information about everyone in Ba Sing Se. The King gave everyone their files. Toph got a letter from her mother saying that she was in the city, Aang got a scroll from the Eastern Air Temple, while the rest got nothing and Kasumi got an envelope.

There was an intelligence report that interested Sokka and Katara. "A small fleet of Water Tribe ships was protecting the mouth of Chameleon Bay." Katara read.

"That could be dad!" Sokka said.

"..Lead by Hakoda. It is dad!" Katara squealed.

The scroll that Aang got said that a guru could help Aang take the next step in the Avatar journey. He said that he could help him control the Avatar State.

"This is all such big news." Sokka said. He put an arm over Kasumi's shoulder.

"We have to split up." said Katara. "You have to meet this guru, Aang. If we're gonna invade the Fire Nation, you need to be ready."

"Well, if we're going to the Eastern Air Temple, Appa and I can drop you off at Chameleon Bay to see your dad." Aang suggested.

"Someone has to stay here with the Earth King and help him plan for the invasion. I guess that's me." Sokka said.

"Sokka, no. You haven't seen your father in years. I'll stay behind, you go with Katara." Kasumi said.

"But you'll be alone. And I don't trust you to be by yourself."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "It'll be fine. I'll be fine. I won't do anything, I promise." He had tears in his eyes, as he ran over to her and lifted her up off the ground.

"I love you so much! You're the best!" he cheered, giving her a tight hug.

"Alright, that's enough." she said. "But thank you."

The goodbyes were the next day. Aang was trying to tell Katara about his feelings, when Sokka interrupted him. Kasumi pulled him off the the side, and said her goodbye. "Good luck." she said. "I'll miss you."

He took her hands. "I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"After I visit my dad, may I take you out on a date?"

She hesitated. Akio had told her to go after him, to be with him, but she felt like it was betrayal. No. She was allowed by be happy. Akio even said to go after Sokka.

She nodded. "Okay." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and he hopped onto Appa, falling off almost immediately.

"Don't do anything dumb!" he called.

"Your Majesty, there are three female warriors here to see you." A guard said to the Earth King. "They're from the island of Kyoshi."

"That's Suki!" Kasumi exclaimed. "The Kyoshi Warriors are a skilled group of fighters. They're good friends of ours!"

"Then we shall welcome them as honoured guests." The King declared.

"I'm really gonna miss you guys." Toph said. Everyone, but Sokka was hugging each other, and when they noticed they ran to him and gave him a a huge hug.

Aang, Sokka and Katara left on Appa, while Toph was escorted to her destination. Kasumi decided to stay with her family and open her envelope.

Inside was a letter from her mother.

Dear Kasumi,

Lily has told me about your arrival. How have things been, darling? She has told me that you have grown and become a lovely, young woman. I already know this, and I'm glad that you are.

She also told me about the horrible things that have happened to you. Akio will be missed dearly. He was such a good child, and to know that he is gone is like losing a son.

Even though, these things have happened, I know you will still stay with the Avatar and his friends. There's nothing I can do to convince you otherwise.

Things have been good on Kyoshi. The Fire Nation continues to ignore us, and we are now exporting wood and stone. More houses and shops are being built and the area is becoming more populated. The Mayor is renovating Kyoshi's temple.

I hope that you can find my other daughter and stay safe. Try to make that your first priority, dear. I can't lose another child.

Love Ju.

Sokka arrived at the Water Tribe camp, feeling sick. Katara was right beside him, but he felt scared, excited and also sad the whole time. She waved and said hi to the other warriors, so Sokka did the same.

They told the two that their father was in the big tent. Sokka took a deep breath and entered it, along with Katara, to see their father and a couple other warriors looking at a map.

Hakoda looked up and his face lit up. He took the two into his arms, tears forming in his eyes. They used the time they had talking over the map and sharpening weapons.

Katara was showing everyone how much her waterbending improved, while Sokka rambled on about the things that they had done. He talked about everyone, Aang, Toph and Kasumi, perhaps a little too much about her. He was sharpening weapons with his father, when Kanuuq approached him.

Sokka was surprised, but still happy to see him. They talked and it was clear that Kanuuq was over him. That was okay, because he was in love with Kasumi.

Kasumi sat down at the table. It had a large map with all four nations on it, even Kyoshi Island. She saw the little dot that was her home and smiled sadly. "General Fong's base will serve as the launching point for the attack." General How said. "In exactly three months, the Army and Navy will invade the Fire Nation on the Day of Black Sun."

He moved the Earth Kingdom pieces with his bending onto the Fire Nation side. "All we need is the Earth King's seal, in order to execute the plan."

Kasumi was given a scroll with a bright green emblem. "I'll take those over to him." she said. "Thank you, General How." She walked passed a tea shop. It looked nice, so she decided to get a quick cup of tea before going to the King.

She was greeted by a waiter. "Table for two please." she asked, gesturing at Momo on her shoulder. She heard a familiar voice and her head shot up.

Right in front of her was Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation. She ran out of there, and into the palace.

Three Kyoshi Warriors stood before her. "Thank goodness you're here, Suki. Something terrible is going on." she gasped. "The Fire Nation has infiltrated the city. I just saw Prince Zuko and his uncle! We have to tell the Earth King right away!"

The middle Kyoshi Warrior stood up. "Oh don't worry." she said. Her voice was vaguely familiar. "I'll be sure to let him know." Kasumi looked at her eyes and realised it wasn't Suki. It was Princess Azula. These weren't the real Kyoshi Warriors.

She turned on her heel and started running, however Ty Lee chi blocked her. "I think it's time for a family reunion." Azula said. "Take her away."

Sokka could finally prove to his father that he was a great warrior. All he ever wanted was to make his dad proud and now he was getting the chance. Just as he was about to board a boat with Katara, they heard Appa growl.

Aang looked worried. "This can't be good news." Sokka said, quietly. The two Water Tribe siblings quickly got onto Appa and let Aang explain. "Kasumi is in trouble." Aang said. Sokka's eyes widened.

"What kind of trouble?" he asked.

"I don't know. In my vision, I just knew she needed help."

"Let's get there quick."

Kasumi was chucked into some crystal cave, by herself. She was scared. A hole opened up and Zuko was thrown in as well. "Why did they throw you in here?!" she asked. "Is this a trap? To lure Aang in so you guys could capture him?"

Zuko didn't answer.

"Why does it have to be like this Zuko?" she asked. "I know the reason why you have that scar, yet you still want to go back?"

"You don't know what you're talking about. It is a firebender's duty to regain their honour."

"Zuko! I'm a firebender." she gasped, creating her purple fire in her hands. "Look!"

He stood up and looked at the fire. "How..?"

"The Great Sun Spirit, Heia gifted it to me."

"It's purple!" he gasped. "Wait, did you say the Sun Spirit?"

Kasumi went through the whole Heia and vision thing.

"I almost died as a child too." he said. "The midwives thought I was a nonbender and were told to leave me to die. My mother begged my father, but he still refused until they realised I actually was a firebender. He says that Azula was born lucky and I was just lucky to be born."

"Why would you want to go back to that horrible man? He doesn't even love you!"

"Kasumi, you don't realise what you're saying! I don't know what to do anymore! We haven't even done anything bad since we came to Ba Sing Se!"

"I'm sorry. I'm directing all my anger on out on you. It's just that, every time I think of the Fire Nation, I think of your face."

He placed a hand on his scar. "My face. I see."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"It's okay. I used to think this scar marked me, the mark of the banished prince, cursed to chase the Avatar forever. But lately, I've realised I'm free to determine my own destiny, even if I'll never be free of my mark."

"Maybe you could be free of it. With some white fire." He snapped his head over to look at her.

"You can make white fire?"

"No, but I can try." Kasumi took a deep breath, whispered a prayer to Heia and tried to create white flames. She knew that she probably couldn't, because she wasn't feeling desperate or in love at the moment. If only she had thought of it with Akio. Would things be different now?

Zuko adjusted her body, so she was in a better stance. She placed her hand on Zuko's scar, and was prepared to heal it, when Aang, Sokka and Iroh busted into the cave.

Sokka saw Zuko's hands on Kasumi's waist, and got a little bit jealous.

"Sokka, Aang!" she exclaimed, running into Sokka's arms. He held her, while giving Zuko a dirty look. "I knew you guys would come."

"Uncle, I don't understand." Zuko said. "What are you doing with the Avatar?"

"Saving you, that's what." Aang sneered. Zuko tried to hit him, but was stopped by Iroh.

"Go help your other friends. We'll catch up with you."

They walked out, Kasumi giving Zuko one final look. She smiled at him, before leaving. Sokka grabbed her wrist and pulled her through the catacombs. "We have to find Katara and Toph."

They were knocked to the ground by Azula. Kasumi bended purple flames at her, which she quickly stopped. Aang stopped her with his waterbending. Katara and Toph ran into the catacombs. Kasumi and Aang cornered Azula and starting advancing on her. Zuko bended at her, but she dodged it.

He started attacking Aang, while Azula attacked Kasumi. Sokka was helping her out, with his boomerang, but this was a bender fight. Zuko lashed Aang with a fire whip. The five of them stood still, looking at each other, seeing who would make the next move.

Azula used fire to propel herself towards Aang. Katara and Toph rushed in, crushing a wall in the process. Toph trapped Azula in rock, but she quickly got out. Dai Li agents swiftly surrounded everyone, except for Aang. Katara made tentacles out of water to defend herself.

Aang encased himself with crystal. Everyone was scared. Whatever he was doing, he would have to do it soon. The crystal glowed a bright green and Aang floated up. Kasumi looked up with proudness filling her heart.

He was mastering the Avatar State!

She turned her head and saw Azula pointing her finger at Aang. Kasumi threw a small knife into her back, causing the princess to turn her head around. What else could she do? Let her kill Aang? Her eyes widened and she gave Kasumi a look of disgust mixed with anger. It was strange. The princess always seemed poised, and quiet, emotionless, even. Then she smirked and pointed at her as well.

She saw a flash of blue and squeezed her eyes shut. This was it. The sound of Sokka's painful cry flooded her ears.

No..

His body was in front of her. Unmoving. She frantically checked his pulse. It was there, but faint. She threw Sokka onto her back, he was heavy, even though he was lean, and ran out of there with Toph and Katara, who was holding Aang.

"Don't you dare die on me. I'll murder you!"

"Sokka, please.. stay with me.."

"I can't have another one go.. Please"

"Come back, Sokka.."

Another loved one, dead in her arms. Azula would pay the price.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 345 45
Elora found herself burdened by the weight of her destiny as the Avatar, a role thrust upon her at a tender age. The duties and responsibilities chip...
87.8K 2.4K 23
Kya, Sokka's twin and Katara's older sister sets off on a journey through the Earth Kingdom with Zuko and Iroh in hopes of being able to spark a chan...
120K 5.7K 45
"Our hearts beat as one, a flame that never goes out, and before you know it, we'll have started an inferno." Homura has lived in a lie the most of h...
1M 30.8K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...