𝐈𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞�...

By _oleev_

It was supposed to be a mid-year getaway for influential teenagers or children of rich parents from all parts... More

WELCOME!
𝐈𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬
FEMALE CHARACTERS ✨
MALE CHARACTERS ✨
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
A/N
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

CHAPTER ELEVEN

257 80 92
By _oleev_

ELEVEN

Evan on the top.

EVAN

  "How to make people like you..." I muttered under my breath as I typed one letter after the other into the screen of my iPhone 13. It was 5:27PM, twenty seven minutes since leisure began after the boring two hour sermon on "hard work", and safe to say, I was lonely. Extremely.

I didn't even know where the gang was. It was like the six of them, including Maia, just planned to avoid me, probably in order to spite me. It was obvious after what happened at lunch today that only Maia was on my side. Ziora Barlowe hadn't even spared me a glance all the while I was there, talk more of actually speaking to me. Only Maia and Sebastian entertained me on that table, and no, it wasn't fine with me.

Then, I had to sit alone during that sermon. The most boring two hours of my life. I really didn't understand why someone had left his home under this hot sun, to come all the way here just to talk about hard work.

Meaning what?

Hard work was equal to stress, and as a soft boy, I hated anything that would stress me. I saw no reason to work when I already had one of my father's businesses in my name. I was the boss, as far as I know, and therefore, I could do whatever I wanted.

After all, I'm Evan Tanimola Johnson.

A scowl graced my pretty face as I read through the Quora article on how to make others like you better; Be Selfless, Be Humble, Take your Friends' Interests before yours- and all the other yenyenyen that followed. As much as I wanted everyone to love me and praise me and see me as the amazing person I was just the way Maia did, I was unwilling to do all those things. They weren't just me, not my style at all. I believed humility was foolishness, because if you put others before yourself, then they were bound to walk over you. And that wasn't something I was going to allow. I am the number one, and it's going to stay that way.

Exiting my Safari, I connected my airpods to stream Drake, when it hit me. They hated me just because of Willow, right? I had the perfect idea. Not only would they love me, Willow would too.

I got out my phone and texted Maia immediately to find out where they were. Yes, I had her number already.

Safe to say, I bad.

I looked up the same instant I received that text, and there she was, although still quite a distance away, walking towards me with the widest of grins on her face. The light skinned beauty was basically stealing all the spotlight and attention from both boys and girls by basically walking, no, skipping the distance between us. For a minute, I felt angry that they, the boys, were basically staring at her.

Who knows what they were thinking?

For a minute, I swear.

Rising to my feet immediately she was close enough, I took her hands in mine and did well to place a kiss on her cheek, making sure everyone around was watching, and making her squirm in the process.

"Hi!" She squealed, looking up at me through thick, long lashes and I flashed my most charming smile at her. She looked taken aback for a second, and I swear I heard her gasp in awe... of me. Of my smile.

What better way to boost a man's ego?

"Maia" I drawled, my voice coming out as low and sultrily as I intended. It was obvious I had an effect on her, I loved it that way, and I was going to keep it like that for the duration of this camp. "Let's go?"

"S-sure"

"Hey," I chuckled, holding my hand out to her, which she took as we started walking towards the playground.

While we walked, I stared down at her, taking notice of things like her hair, which was in locs, which were long and slim, and some were curly too, giving it this very disorganized, yet fashionable cool hipster look. I had zero knowledge about female hairstyles, because my own sister chose to keep her hair short. The most she did was wear wigs, and it wasn't even often. Maia's hair, however, was packed in two low messy buns, with two curls falling in front of her face. Her outfit was rather simple, a white crop top with black short sleeves and black baggy jeans. Her waist was also adorned with a beautiful waist chain with charms, and of course, she had on the usual Nike Air Jordans.

Maia's outfit -top✨ feel free to imagine the bottom.

Sensing that I was looking at her, or probably just oddly quiet through the ride, she stared up at me with a smile playing on her lips. "What?" She asked eventually, giggling with the question.

"You look good" I simply stated and that seemed to get her hysteric because she legit screamed, jumping on the spot, attracting looks from passers-by that I had complimented her. And I loved every bit of the exaggerated attention. I was attracted to her.

"Sooo, Evan" Maia spoke up, trying to make conversation. "How was secondary school for you? You're done right?"

I laughed at her question. "Of course, I'm done"

She nodded, laughing too, and muttered an almost inaudible "right".

"Well, my secondary school," I started, thinking about what to say. "I schooled here in Abuja, actually. EVHS" I said and she nodded.

"Oh, I've heard of the school"

"It was, well okay. Not the best of course, but it was good in the long run. A lot of things happened".

"Were you an outcast?" She laughed. "You don't seem too fond of your college days"

"No I wasn't" I laughed. "In fact, I was among the top hierarchy. Like, I was the most popular boy at school, and the Queen Bee was basically my-"

"Girlfriend?" She cut in, and I stared at her. She didn't seem surprised that I was the most popular boy, however I didn't understand why she felt that Nelo would've been my girlfriend. "Y'know?? The usual stereotype"

I shook my head. I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Are you serious right now?" She stopped walking and stared at me. "Tell me you're joking"

Tí mo bá tiè wá je aláwàdà. (Even if I'm a joker).

"Maia, I'm confused" I admitted as we continued walking again.

"Straight A student, Queen Bee, head girl, Sports Pro, King Bee, sports prefect. Dating" she stated and it took me a while to process what she actually meant.

"Oh" I muttered when I finally got it, bursting out laughing. "No! No.. no no, no. Nope! It's not like that I swear"

"Really?" She laughed, looking at me.

"Firstly, I know nothing about sports" I pointed that out with a shrug "I can't do a single sport to save my life"

"Secondly," I continued when she said nothing. "The Queen Bee wasn't my girlfriend, contrary to this your stereotype. She was my friend, although she hated me at first sha. And she was my girlfriend's best friend. My girlfriend was Social prefect.

I was the head boy, though"

"Wow" Maia whispered. "That wasn't expected at all. I thought.. well wow, you're full of surprises"

"I take that as a compliment" I laughed, and we walked the rest of the road in silence.

Finally, we got to the playground and I sighted the others immediately. They didn't look too pleased to see me, but they did well to say nothing about it because of Maia. I was going to change that, though, because this my idea was the bomb.

"Hey guys," I waved as we approached them. None of them spared me more than a second of their time as they either just nodded, smiled or "hey"-ed at me, before going back to what they were talking about.

"Guys, guys" Maia walked into their midst with a smile on her face. "Evan said he has something to tell us o"

"What hasn't he already said? "

I could swear that was Larisa's voice I heard, and I knew she probably hated me, but I was also super convinced that I was going to change that in what? Less than five minutes. Yes.

*Insert proud nodding emoji*

"What is it you want to tell us, Evan?" That was Maina. He sat on a swing next to Ziora with his arms folded across his chest, his dark skin glistening under the setting sun. Ziora looked like she couldn't care less what or what not I had to say, as she just continued scrolling through her phone, occasionally popping the gum in her mouth. Larisa was busy talking to Zaynab about God knows what. The girls didn't even have my time.

"Go on," Maia nudged me, with a welcoming smile on her lips. "They're listening"

To be honest, I was sure only Sebastian, Maina and Maia were eager for me to speak. The two boys just wanted me to talk fast and leave this place, I was certain. Only Maia was really interested in what I had to say.

"So, first, I know I was really insensitive earlier, and that's why you guys don't want to speak to me" I started, adjusting my jacket. "But, I have an idea to make Willow feel better when she does wake up"

This seemed to have captured the interests of everyone present as they all stared at me, urging me with their eyes to go on. Including Larisa.

"So, what I was thinking was this" I walked into their midst, showing them a screenshot on my phone of what I had in mind.

Judging by the looks on all their faces, including the girls who'd drawn nearer to see my phone screen, I was certain I'd won them over again. Even though not completely, it was a start, and I was sure they'd welcome me back once Willow wakes up.

If she does.

THE END.

Welllll, any thoughts on what our boy has in that big head of his??

What could be this his so called idea that has already started winning the team over? Can they be called a team now???🌚

Hehehehe🌚

Notice how Evan didn't ask Maia anything about herself 🌚

Evan is smart sha. So I'm certain this will work out, if life gives our baby girl another chance.

And yeah, y'all don't know EVHS yet🌚 but you will sooooonnnnn✨ and it'll hit you like a truck becauseeee _couchpotatoes_ has something huge in store for us all.

Follow up noww and anticipate oh😌 you don't want to miss this, and yes, Nelo is a character from their book that's dropping soon✨

I'm out🤭✨ until when next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 2.3K 53
ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡, 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑎𝑑𝑒...
33.2K 4.6K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...
4.7K 870 28
Yasmine is a star girl, with plans for the future, good grades and a boyfriend to top it up but how can she survive when her enemies are her family...
41.1K 4.8K 44
"I used to think my life was perfect, until I realized that perfection is impossible." _____________________________________________ Kolupo is a Nige...