Love and Other Delusions | Ch...

By Anneti-social

Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli... More

Return to Liyue
Cold in Snezhnaya
A wave of Goodbyes
A short trip to Mondstadt
A song of chance
Return of the Hero
Hide and Seek
The Hunter
The Rebel
Waverider
On the shores of Narukami
The Witch, the Fox and the Puppet
Retracting Waters
Tidal Wave
Momiji Dyed Battle
What Now Remains
Distant Crackling
Tide Withholder
Vortex of Turmoil
Fickle Cloudstrike
Havoc: Formless Blade
Havoc: Annihilation
Teapot to Call Home
The Puppet's Strings
Irodori Festival
Rustles from afar
The Puppet's Eyes
Bottoms Up
Strings
The Masterplan
Morepesok
Welcome Wagon
Empty Seat
Finale

Celestial Voyager

1.4K 48 15
By Anneti-social

"I can see you behind the tree, you're not fooling anyone." The traveller rolled their eyes.

"No fair, you were looking when I was hiding." The other said.

"No, you're just hiding on obvious spots." The traveller chuckled.

"Well it's not my fault, besides you're too good at hide and seek. You blend in the background too well Aether."

"Then you better up your seeking game Lumine."

***

"I see him." Lumine muttered.

"Where?" Childe looked at the same direction she's looking at.

"Middle and center." Lumine said, standing up and dusting herself off.

"Man, that really is your brother huh?" He said, still processing what's happening.

Inazuma just went over a war. It hasn't even been that long since that was concluded but another just strikes.

Peace talks between the Rebels and the Shogunate hasn't even been formally concluded yet.

"I should've taken the letter sending quest." Lumine sighed, to which Childe chuckled.

"Like they'll let this opportunity to see the legendary traveller in action slide. I'd like to see it myself to be honest, though I'd prefer it to be a one on one between us, this would be fun too." Childe said with a smug face.

Lumine looked at him with a disgusted face, well, more of a grimace but it did give off that sort of message.

"What, are you a masochist or something?" Lumine asked with a raised eyebrow.

"What? No." Childe instantly said.

"Alright then." Lumine shrugged it off, but there was evident disbelief on her voice.

At this point, she was more focused on meeting her brother again than actually being bother by the fact that an abyss army showed up in Inazuma.

Normally she'd be fuming, fighting in the front lines againts the abyss mages, lectors and heralds. This time her mind was just too clouded by the fact that her brother is within reach.

The questions she wanted to ask, the answers she weren't given last time, the talk she's been wanting to have with him.

"I have to get to him." Lumine said.

"What? In the middle of that? I get that you're good at fighting but-"

"I'm tired Ajax. I'm tired of running senseless commissions that'll lead me to probably nothing when the answer is right there. My brother is literally right there." Lumine frustratedly pointed to her brother.

"Alright calm down tiger. You'll get your chance but don't you think going there head first is a good idea?" Childe furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah, Paimon thinks so too. We need to think of a plan first. There are too many enemies to face at a time." Paimon said.

"Well, do you have other plans then?" Lumine raised an eyebrow.

"Let's report back first."

***

"A cross fire huh?" Lumine clicked her tongue and readied her sword.

"Oh this'll be fun." Childe chuckles, bringing out his hydro melee weapon. "I'll clear the way for you princess." He said swiftly running to the battlefield.

"Aaaand there he goes." Paimon stared at him, then turned to Lumine who rolled her eyes.

"Let's go I guess." Lumine sighed and ran to follow him.

On her way she saw a few familiar faces from both the shogunate and the rebels, there were even a few from the Yashiro commission helping from the sidelines.

The Shirasagi Himegimi herself was facing frontline with the enemy alongside her brother.

"Lumine, where are we even going to report back? We just passed Ayaka and the others." Paimon commented as she looked back at them.

"We're going to someone who might know more about the abyss than Ayaka and the others." She said, stopping right in front of their destination.

"I see." Paimon nodded as she caught on.

"Lady Yae! Ei!" Lumine ran up to the two who looked like they were discussing something.

"How's the situation?" Ei asked straight away.

"Not so good. The abyss, they're too many to handle and I saw that there are more of their back-up on the way." Lumine said.

"I see." Ei nodded and held her chin.

"Are we on the upper hand or are we losing?" Yae asked.

"As of now it's pretty much one to one. We're a tad out numbered but every vision holder and soldier in Inazuma are fending them off quite well." Lumine said.

"Then that's good to hear. Though judging by what you said just now, we might get a shift in that balance." Yae said.

"Maybe I should go there and-"

"I can't have you halving another island." Yae instantly crossed her arms. "We're in Narukami right now, this is basically Inazuma's capital."

"I can control it." Ei argued.

"No no, we'll bring you back in the front lines when it's bad bad. Right now you gotta trust the Inazumans of this period. Maybe you can lend a hand from behind but please, don't go and take all the enemies out at once. I don't wanna risk the island." Yae massaged her temples. She says that but really she's more concerned of the archon than the island.

"Alright then." Ei sighed. "I trust you and Miko's judgement. We'll await here for more updates." She said, not arguing any further.

As Lumine was about to walk away and head to the battle field, Paimon stopped her.

"Wait a minute, you didn't mention anything about the other thing." Paimon said.

"Other thing?" Lumine raised an eyebrow.

"Well duh, your brother!" Paimon said crossing her arms.

"That's not-"

"You found your brother?" Ei instantly butted in the conversation. "Well that's certainly worth mentioning. Where is he?"

Lumine pressed her lips and took a deep breath. Yae Miko instantly noticed her unease. Her sharp senses easily spotted there's something off.

"You'd be better off with a plan. Bring back-up at least." Yae said, Lumine stared at her and nodded.

"I'll keep that in mind." Lumine said running off to the battlefield once more.

***

"I never told you to stay myself didn't I?" Lumine asked the person beside her.

"Well, Paimon already told me anyway. Unless of course you changed your mind then I guess I'll-"

"I didn't change my mind." Lumine rolled her eyes.

"Yeah I can tell. I won't let you change your mind anyway." Childe grinned. Lumine scoffed and nudged him from the side.

"Listen to this cocky bastard." Lumine shook her head.

"What? You like me though." Childe made a face. Lumine's face instantly flushed.

"W-what? And who told you that?" Lumine asked, trying to keep her cool.

"I like you too." Childe simply said, his smile going ear to ear.

"Anyway, as I was saying-" Lumine tried to shift the conversation, which made Childe laugh.

"Alright, what were you saying?" Childe asked, his chin resting on his hand.

"I do want you to stay but-" Lumine started. Childe's body instantly tensed up. "-say I were to leave, and I couldn't take you with me. What would you do?"

"I'd find a way to get to you." He said confidently.

Lumine couldn't help but laugh. "That sound nice. Thanks Ajax." She said, leaning in and planting a kiss on his cheeks. 

***

"Ajax!" Lumine yelled, trying to grab the attention of the ginger that stood out from the crowd.

He instantly noticed his name being called out. And of course, he instantly knew who it was. "Just a moment!" He said as he took another jab and a kick to his opponent. Once he noticed he was down, he ran quickly to Lumine's direction.

"Any news?" He asked instantly.

"Well, I need some back-up. Ready to meet my brother?"

----/----/----/----

another fight scene that took too long, idk why i keep ending up in this situation ~(>_<。)\

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.1K 3.2K 25
"Apologize," he said seriously as he leaned on his table while his arms are folding on his chest. "I'm fucking sorry." "LANGUAGE." "...motherfucke...
138K 5.7K 38
"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬. 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭...
10.6K 348 29
Genshin Impact Café AU Childe X Fem Reader Young Y/N L/N, born to a wealthy and well known family within the Tokyo district of Japan, moving to Kyoto...
7.3K 238 66
To survive treasure hoarders' imprisonment is no easy task. Not when you lost your family and have been treated like a piece of trash for around 6 ye...